The Quality Engineering is a key position at Octane Fitness. The QE will have a focus upstream in the product realization process, defining and executing the necessary steps to ensure robust, high quality product launches and change implementations. The QE will work closely with the Engineering group and will help to refine the Design Assurance deliverables within the framework of the Octane Fitness Product Development Process. The candidate will also work with the Asia-based Manufacturing partners to resolve quality issues and identify and exploit opportunities for continuous improvement. The chosen candidate must be detail-oriented and enjoy working on a variety of tasks in an entrepreneurial environment.
Reports To: Quality Engineering Manager
Responsibilities - Design Assurance
- Help to define the Design Assurance deliverables within the framework of the Product Development Process (PDP) to ensure high quality product releases
- Collaborate with Engineering in reviewing and approving Engineering Change Requests.
- Work with Engineering to identify inspection criteria, frequency, evaluation methods and acceptance criteria for systems and subassembly testing undergoing accelerated life testing. Predict life expectancy, failure points, and how to improve product quality. Duplicate real-world conditions.
- Identify Critical to Quality attributes of the product. Define test methods used to qualify that products conform to quality expectations. Define the requirements, test methods and earliest phase within the PDP at which qualification testing can begin.
- Create Qualification test plans, procedures and forms for data recording and templates required to ensure consistent execution of the Quality and Design Assurance system.
- Collaborate with engineering and other functional groups to resolve issues identified during product Qualification testing and exploit opportunities for improvement
- Participate in new product development design reviews.
Responsibilities - Manufacturing
- Work with suppliers & customers on quality concerns, which can require travel in Canada, U.S.A. and globally on short notice
- Conduct investigations on non-conformances and issue Supplier Corrective Action Requests to ensure the corrective and preventative actions permanently mitigate the possibility of reoccurrence. Ensure timely resolution of supplier failures, corrective and preventive actions.
- Conduct root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns.
- Work with the engineering and manufacturing teams to implement new testing criteria or assembly methods.
- Prepare QA related reports.
- Review product returns for root cause and suggest improvements as needed to meet quality objectives.
- Monitor, test, and inspect product’s electrical and mechanical sub-systems to ensure continued product quality performance.
Responsibilities - Regulatory and Product Safety
- Ensure product releases and changes are executed in compliance with applicable Safety, Reliability, EMC, Environmental and other standards.
- Coordinate and provide regulatory oversight to departments who generate regulatory documents that are included in any regulatory submissions such as: UL, CE, TUV, CSA, RoHS, and standards, supplements, amendments and variations.
- Monitor testing standards (CE, TUV, UL, CSA, RoHS…) for version changes and assure designs are planned and meet required standards for global distribution and sale. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of applicable global regulatory & safety requirements, guidelines, and initiatives relevant to the development of new equipment.
- Maintain the technical files for Octane product lines.
- Establish and maintain direct lines of communications with the regulatory representatives from all partner service providers and relevant government agencies.
- Identify and resolve regulatory issues, constraints, and conflicts in a timely manner such that they do not impact upon the critical path timeline of the project.
Other duties as assigned
Requirements for Quality Engineers
- 2-5 years’ experience in Quality Engineering role
- 0-5 years experience with Asian contract manufacturers (preferred)
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer status (preferred)
- Experience with Agency Testing including Safety, Emissions and Immunity testing (preferred)
- Experience with LabView (preferred)
- Knowledge of gauging methodology and metrology
- Intermediate knowledge of P.C.’s and relevant software packages
- Must be able to communicate fluently in both written and spoken English
- Technical writing experience and ability
- Post-secondary education in mechanics, electronics or engineering
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exercise on Octane machines to maintain familiarity with new features
- Up to 10% travel may be required
Please - Serious & appropriate inquiries only.
Additional Company Information:
Octane Fitness, headquartered in Brooklyn Park, MN, was founded in 2001 by two fitness industry entrepreneurs with a bold mission to reshape and perfect elliptical machines. The company was built on the core values of product innovation and sales and service excellence. Octane is the only company in the industry focused solely on designing, delivering and supporting the best elliptical machines in the world. They build premium, innovative low-impact equipment that delivers better workouts and better results. Octane Fitness’ track record is proven, with 60 consumer awards, including "Best Elliptical" for the past 9 years.
Octane Fitness not only perfected the standing elliptical, but created the category of seated ellipticals and is the only elliptical to offer cardio and interval training together on one machine with the CROSS CiRCUIT accessory kit. In the fall of 2012, the newly introduced, unique LateralX earned the Best Elliptical Award by Club Industry magazine. Octane has demonstrated unprecedented commitment and drive and is fueled by a relentless passion to create the absolute best elliptical machines ever. Feel the focus. Fuel your life!
Octane Fitness takes great pride in their mission: Octane Fitness focuses on creating and producing superior elliptical machines that customers love and use to fuel their lives.
- October 30, 2012 – FitnessProfessorReview.com again named five Octane Fitness home elliptical machines Best Buys for the 2012-2013 season.
- October 22, 2012 – Just a few months since its debut, the unique LateralX earned the Best Elliptical Award in Club Industry magazine's 10th annual Best of the Best Awards in the health club industry.
- June 14, 2012 – Octane Fitness named one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For by Minnesota Business magazine.
- April 3, 2012 – Octane Fitness earned the prestigious Excellence in Design (EID) Award for its xRide seated elliptical for home use.
- In a February 2012 review of 18 ellipticals by a leading consumer publication, the Q37ci standing elliptical cross trainer was the top-rated machine.
For more information regarding Octane Fitness, please contact their website at www.octanefitness.com.
http://www.startribune.com/business/116934093.html?refer=y Article dated February 27, 2011
http://www.upsizemag.com/coverstory.asp?issueID=59&articleID=1087 Article dated May, 2008.
http://vimeo.com/23483412 Summary video focused on club business
http://vimeo.com/34262484 Overview of home standing elliptical
http://vimeo.com/45440251 Video of latest new product LateralX, which is off to a very successful launch
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Octane Fitness, headquartered in Brooklyn Park, MN, was founded in 2001 by two fitness industry entrepreneurs with a bold mission to reshape...