Octapharma Plasma Inc

Octapharma Plasma Inc Employer Reviews

Flexible with scheduling
Medical Screener/Donor Floor Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 2, 2014
Went to work, did what was required of me, went home.
I learned to stay focused on tasks and don't let energy of the environment get me off task.
Co-workers where many and was able to establish some great bonds in which I kept after working at this establishment, most enjoyable part was going home afterwards.
It was a good environment to grow in. I learned a lot.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ArkansasJune 26, 2014
Pros: good people to interact with.
Cons: short breaks, and bad attitudes.
It was a good start into the medical field. Not enough growth and opportunity.
fast paced
Donor Floor Technician (Former Employee), Garland, TXJune 25, 2014
Very busy workplace, you're on your feet every minute of the day outside of breaks. Demands a lot of time and some overtime.
Fast paced and fun
Plasma Processing Technician (Trainer) (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2014
Work in a -40 degree freezer. Handle, take samples, pack, and ship plasma. Self reliant area, no need for management supervision.
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2014
Pros: i love work around different type of people
Cons: had to moved back to cali
Responsible for performing the plasmapheresis process. Screen donors, draw blood samples for various testing, measure and record vital signs, obtain accurate medical history, monitor donor for reactions, review donor charts, monitor donors for reactions and ensure donor safety. Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Current Good Manufacturing – more... Practices (CGMPs) and external regulations regarding the products and procedures. Follow OSHA guidelines and other governmental and company standards. Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills – less
friendly staff
Lead Medical Screener (Former Employee), Wichita, KSApril 29, 2014
When I worked here it was a fast passed and great customer service.
loved working in medical
Medical screener (Former Employee), Moline, ILMarch 20, 2014
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: no ins.
really liked my job,i learned alot,great group of people,fast paced
great place to work
Physician Substitute (Former Employee), lubbock txFebruary 19, 2014
Pretty good benefits, interesting field, good management
Hard work, productive, fulfilling….. Un-professional work environment
Donor Processor / Trainer / Quality Assurance Tech (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: fulfilling jobs
Cons: challenging environment
This job was great professionally because it taught me how to deal with people from all walks of life. It encouraged me to be my best, give my best, and create in others ( staff or clients) what I expect from myself. After, years of hard work… I finally was able to see the results of all my hard work, stress and sweat come full circle. As, I began to – more... receive recognition for a job well done which paid me back in spades. – less
Good working environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Orange Park, FLJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: employees are nice
Cons: not enough pay
Working environment is stable. Management needs improvement. Compensation is not enough as far as my credentials go.
small staff with opportunity to work in different areas.
Senior Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Clarkston, GAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: lots of work, but pleasant environment.
Cons: short staffed; off-site management support.
Good opportunity to work in the plasma industry. Management is primarily remote, and that is an adjustment for some workers..
an assembly line
PLASMA PROCESSOR / FLOOR TECNICIAN (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLDecember 27, 2013
Pros: medical
the position as the processor was that of one of an assembly line worker. I wood collect the bottle by the donor, input all the info into the computer system, and get them to be sent out for further testing.
but the floor tech I loved. I interacted more with donors, setup machines and did take downs and was about to transfer to phlebotomist.
Customer Sevice Retailer
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 5, 2013
Great customer service is a key factor. My daily goal was to help the need of customers by assuring cell phones were activated and to provide the best affordable service plan.
Enjoyable palce where one can help others and feel proud.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MINovember 17, 2013
Octapharma plasma collects plasma specimens from donors through a process called plasmapheresis for the purpose of making life saving medicine. It is very rewarding to know that I'm a part of such an important system. As a phlebotomist I learned to be confident. Leadership was also necessary in order for me to progress. The octapharma staff is like – more... a second family consisting of the most understanding and helpful people anyone could ever meet. The advancements I have made as a phlebotomist are a result of the training and assistance I receive from my co-workers. I enjoy all of my duties at octapharma. However, the most enjoyable part of my job is the people; staff and donors. – less
Rough Industry
Phlebotomist and Designated Trainer (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, IAOctober 16, 2013
Job security in return for your sanity. Minimum wage to deal with the worst kind of human beings. Extremely demanding, high turn over rate, managed by people with no medical background. Blood, needles, and puke are the BEST part of this company.
Great people, great location.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: great benefits, fast promotions and cross training.
Cons: low pay, horrible availability honorment, bad employee to donor ratio.
Loved this place of employment, didn't care for all the clicks of employee vs management, favoritism, and bad work ettiquette from all supervisors. No matter how much load you pulled to cover the slack of others there was always negative remarks from the floor supervisor.
Bio Medical Company
Physician Substitute/ EMT (Former Employee), Aurora, ILAugust 21, 2013
Pros: compansation
Cons: management = disorganized lack of communication
Compensation was the only plus here! Not a great place for employee satisfaction. Disorganized management staff, serious lack of fundamental education basics by upper management to include center managers.
Great place if in Lubbock
Processing Tech (Former Employee), Ft. Worth, TxAugust 15, 2013
Pros: hours were obtained, people were nice
Cons: overwhelming volume of product to personale ratio, low pay, no weekends off and no management
I moved to Ft Worth and Transferred from Lubbock. When I was first hired I was told that this company did not do things according to Senority the way you moved up was through your work and In Lubbock that seemed to be true But in the Ft. Worth Center that was untrue and things were done unprofessionally and unfairly.
Overworked, underpaid but somewhat satisfying
Medical Screener (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2013
Pros: friendly staff, much needed experience for a medical office
Cons: favoritism, illogical altering of the schedule, overtime=write-up. period.
Ahh Octapharma Plasma... So many miserable faces so little positive attitudes. A typical day is seeing 300-500+ donors a day! Many impatient or aggravated about its pace, but they gotta do what they gotta do make some income. That's one of the biggest reasons why donors come in, to make some kind of income. As a person who goes in everyday to make a – more... paycheck, there is a lot of stress associated from this job. Inadequate staffing and scheduling by management has literally majorly affected the workflow in a negative way, in fact so bad its causing unnecessary workload on all the staff. On a good day, you stay caught up with your bay and having everyone paid and happy. On a bad day, you're struggling to hold a bay of donors by yourself (usually you are part of a two man squad for 12-24 donors but on these days, you're on your own...) and it results in terrible customer service and easily avoidable tension. Distrust in management sets in quickly after your 90 day "probation period" because they often switch your schedule and off days to compensate for others who intentionally call off often which only results a slap on the wrist IF they like that staff member. Favoritism is the name of the game. Suck up to the bosses and backstab your coworkers to avoid most problems regarding your employment. Sounds ridiculous right? I wish I were lying. I've seen hard workers out of a job while slackers keep theirs!! Ones with "company getting risked of getting shut down" kinds of mistakes. Pay is atrocious and getting overtime gets you written up in a heartbeat. Oh and hours are easy but hard to get. You're set up (on the paper) for getting 6.5- 7.5 hrs everyday. Rarely will you get a perfect 8 hrs in a day. The most enjoyable parts are on a good day everyone gets together and laugh their troubles away, everyone works like a team, donors are happy, and the schedule is done right! This is definitely a "first time working out of school" kind of job to get you ready for an exciting career as a Medical Assistant! If you can handle the pressures of this job, then you're ready for any Medical office you want to go to! Guaranteed!! – less
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Phlebotomist/Medical Screener (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2013
great management, very professional people to work with
awesome opportunity to display your customer service skills as you com in contact with a large amount of different people each day