Octapharma Plasma

Octapharma Plasma United States Employee Reviews

Promotions?
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Aurora, ILApril 15, 2015
At times it does not seem as though the direction coincides with the correct placement of individuals in key positions and consists of those more deserving being overlooked.
FAST PACED COMPANY AND A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee), Charleston, SCApril 14, 2015
FAST PACED WORK PLACE MUST HAVE ATTENTION FOR DETAIL. AND GOOD CUSTOMER. MUST KNOW YOUR SOP AND CGMPS. ABILITY TO ASSIST DONOR WITH ANY REACTION THEY MAY ENCOUNTER.GREAT STAFF AND MANAGEMENT
Fun job overall
Donor Floor Tech (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Free lunches on tuesdays
Cons: Not to much free time.
At Octapharma Plasma. What can i say besides a crazy work day. Between co-workers who try to do better then you. To patients flirting with you. It was never quiet. I got along with most of my co-workers and i loved management.
Productive Workplace
Medical Screener/Donor Floor Tech (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: a good company to work for
Cons: No free lunches, pay is not up to par
Screening donors as they enter the facility and making sure that they understand the rules and guidelines of donating plasma before visit.
Productive established work enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Evansville, INMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Helping the patient save lives
Cons: Salary wages
A typical work day for me begins by evaluating the donor floor. Once that is done I assist my team in setting up PCS2 machines and starting patient venipuncture's. What I enjoyed most is the meeting new people and bonding with frequent patients. What I've learned is hard work and dedication is the key to success.
Productive yet very fast paced environment and fun times.
Senior Lead Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2015
A typical work day for me would consist of me making sure my donor floor was in compliance first hand. An making sure my staff were on task during donors donations.Yet doing what I love best witch was performing venipunctures
I learned how to work in a stressful environment when I became a senior lead I was then put in the position to make sure I knew my job better then the rest on top of being able to handle donors and there concerns as well as my staff.
Most of my co-workers are very young so there job isn't taken serious I personally am a leader so I have a problem with a person who doesn't care to take pride in there work place. The hardest part of my job would be when I have an issue that needs to be handled through management and management isn't there to back me up as a lead on the donor floor.
My best moments are just being able to come to my job to do what I do best lead and perform phlebotomy work as well as interact with my donors and a few of my staff members that actually care for there work.
Octapharma Lacked in so many areas but the biggest one was the lack of leadership present.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMarch 19, 2015
Pros: team work was good
Cons: lack of leadership, no development for staff, no follow up on assigned duties, upper management was not involved and probably actively engaged.
What I learned from Octaharma Plasma was that some things need to just be done for the sack of the business, even if it wasnt the most favorable decision.
Good
Medical Screener (Former Employee), NorfolkMarch 12, 2015
Typical work day is always busy. We averaged about 300 donors per day. I learned how to stick as a phlebotomist at the center. I also did medical screening. Management was not too bad, but sometime things in the donor floor could have been controlled better.
This place sucks
Medical Screener (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: Nobody cares about their job so you're cut slack
Cons: Nobody cares so you have lazy people
Maybe i'm biased in my opinion because I work in the ghetto but I'm sure everywhere else fulfills the donor stereotype pretty well also. Now, to speak only from my centers behalf, the coworkers aren't the most fun people to work with. The donors usually smell bad and complain about their lives as it is routine. Nothing here is enjoyable except lunch time.
High volume plasma center with donors from all walks of life
Donor Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: the pay
Extremely busy plasma center where I learned and mastered phlebotomy. High turnover rate. Easy to earn promotions. Does not pay well.
great place togain experience
Quality Assurance Backup (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Additional Responsibilities Include:
◾Reviews SOPs to ensure that the most recently approved SOP procedures and forms are in the center procedure manuals and in use.
◾Complies with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
◾Reviews equipment calibration, validation, and maintenance records to ensure they are performed correctly and on time.
◾Reviews freezer and refrigerator charts and temperature records for compliance with SOP.
◾Performs QA review of external sample and product shipment releases and shipping records.
◾Performs QA review of training records to ensure compliance with SOP, training manual and regulations.
◾Performs QA review of deviation reports.
◾Ensures the Donor Center’s licenses and certificates are in-date and valid.
◾Reviews donor record files daily per DCOP instruction.
◾Reviews of all product destruction records for compliance with SOPS.
◾Stages plasma units for shipment, requires pulling plasma cases in and out of freezer.
good experience
Medical Processor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2015
was a pretty simple job.... sometimes it could be overwhelming with people coming to donate plasma.overall was a cool place to work
Pretty good
Medical Screener (Current Employee), Norfolk.January 29, 2015
Pros: people are easy to work with
Cons: short breaks, some people don't work with your schedule.
Balancing this job and school activities isn't always the easiest however the management staff here is exceptional and always willing to lend a helping hand. It truly is a team aspect here. Job definitely tests your customer service skills.
Great place to work with great employees.
Medical Screener (Former Employee), Charleston, WVJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of screening donors to determine if they were eligible to donate that day, they would be screened for numerous things including; weight, BP, temp, appearance and arm checks, also we preformed finger sticks with checked their hct and protein levels.
Great company to advance in
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 16, 2015
Everyday at the octapharma plasma center is a busy day, interacting donors and its just an overall busy workplace.

Management needs work

I enjory working with my co workers because most of us work as a team.

Im crossed trained every where within my center so it can be a little hecked because im the go to person

my most enjoyable part about my job is working around our donor because they can bring a lot of light in your busy days a at work
horrible place to work.
phlebotomist (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAJanuary 9, 2015
Management has no interpersonal skills. treated donors and employees poorly, no respect
VERY UNPROFESSIONAL
Temporary Donor Floor Technician (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 27, 2014
Pros: new employment experience
Cons: unprofessional staff and management
STAFF AND MANAGEMENT WERE VERY UNPROFESSIONL TOWARD DONORS!!!
Definitly a job to advance with
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Richmond,VaDecember 20, 2014
Pros: beneficial in all aspects.
Cons: no tolerance for mistakes.
This is a job where you have to be professional and communicative all in one. Mistakes can cause you to lose the job.No questions are wrong. The atmosphere is clear and to the point. Great interaction from employers to employee to customer. Never ending Fun and excitement.
Productive and fast-paced work enviornment
Phlebotomist and Donor Floor Technician (Current Employee), Garland, TexasDecember 6, 2014
Pros: you can cross train to any department you desire such as quality assurance, medical screening or laboratory processing
Cons: the pay is only minimum wage to start with and each cross train adds fifty cents to each salary
I perform venipuncture on numerous donors, collect their blood samples and connect them to PCS2 Plasmapheresis machines. Donors are then monitored by Donor Floor Technicians as well as myself to make sure that their blood flows through out the entire procedure with minimal technicalities.
Good change in your pocket
Donor (Current Employee), Norfolk,VADecember 3, 2014
Its a good place to make some money I just don't like the wait time

1 2 3 4 5