Octapharma Employee Reviews

poor management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJanuary 17, 2018
this company had very poor management there was no communication with employee the management team didnt know how to respect there employees and theres was no room for advancement
Horrible
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2018
Favoritism from every angle especially management. Inconsistent hours! No room for advancement/promotion. Low pay. Nice to meet new people and know that you're helping people,great way to get more experience.
Leadership needs improvement.
Phlebotomist. Machine Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Stressful environments, members of staff walk out areas leaving the processes out of compliance. Lack of control of both staff and customers. Lack of training or knowledgeable staff.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Stressful, closed door policy.
Dictatorship, competitive
Physician Substitute (Current Employee) –  Forestville, MDJanuary 15, 2018
I feel that I shouldn't give my personal review of this company. I have been in the work force since 1980 in different companies but never experience employment such as in this establishment at this site.
Pros
Meeting new people all the time
Cons
Dictatorship
No job security
Donor Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2018
the pay sucks for the amount of work you do there is always room for advancement because someone is always quitting management will treat you as if you are disposable because to them you are no matter how long youve been there or the amount of work you do within your title or if you go the extra mile they are always looking for a reason to clean house
Pros
easy job to get
Cons
pay sucks and high turn over rate
Frustrating
Phlebotomist/ Floor Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 8, 2018
This particular center's management like to play favorites. The treatment of the employees is unfairly at odds; completely unequal. Job advancement is difficult if one is not on the managers favorite list. Once one gets promoted or hired as a phlebotomist there is no available cross training. Meanwhile, everyone else is getting cross trained and promoted but once you cross train to phlebotomist cross training and raises stop.
Could be a very fun and easy job
Full-Time Employee (Medical Screener) (Current Employee) –  Forestville, MDJanuary 7, 2018
management makes this job stressful and harder than it has to be! at first I did enjoy this job a lot, but as the days go by and you start to learn more and more about the company you'll start to see their real and true colors. As a manager I feel as though you are supposed to communicate with other managers and staff members.
Benefits
Cons
Communication among coworkers
Respectful co workers. Teamwork.
RN/Physician Substitute (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Most employees are great to work with. Love our manager, but the Director and Corporate are more interested in production than employees as individuals, or their safety. After we had a shooting directly outside our door (the bullet broke our window), the manager asked if we could close a couple hours early. Corporate's response..."no, keep up production". What? Was embarrassed I worked for this greedy company. They have very little concern for raises, but lots of excuses. If it weren't for my awesome co-workers I wouldn't stay...
Pros
Awesome, respectful co-workers, teamwork
Cons
Greedy company, not much concern for its' employees.
medical screener
Medical Screener (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 4, 2018
This was a fast-paced job with flexible scheduling. It was next to impossible to get a paid vacation day approved. It was very easy to switch shifts to get days off. This plasma center was open 7 days per week. I have worked 12 days in a row in order to get days off.
Fast paced and stressful at times.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 31, 2017
Corporate wants to get donors in and out fast. I think corporate should come to the centers more often and roll up their sleeves and get to know the hardworking people that work for them and the donors that provide the plasma.
Sops were only followed when being audited. I felt this put donors and employees at an unnecessary level of risk but, this was necessary to meet corporates expectations.
I don't regret working at Octapharma. I gained experience and met some great people.
Pros
Generous with PTO and paid holidays. Met great people.
Cons
Low pay rate and stressfull
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 28, 2017
Great Phlebotomy experience
To supervise and motivate peers
no comment on management
differ ethnic groups
disrespectful employees and donors
Staying focused on my responsiblities
Pros
32 hour work week
Cons
attitudes
If you like stress this place is the best
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 23, 2017
If you like to be overworked in a stressful environment with discruntal donars then this would be the perfect job for you ! Management plays favortism
Pros
Lots of overtime....if you dont mind the stress
Cons
overworked, stressful, poor management plays favortism, have to work holidays and Sundays
Interesting place
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILDecember 21, 2017
Fun environment, fast pace, every day is different. Donors can be hard to handle at times but working in the lab you do not have to interact with them at all.
Opportunities
Sr Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 21, 2017
There are opportunities for those who are willing to work hard. Can give you good experience if your looking to work in the blood products industry. I like working at my center due to my coworkers.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
long hours, low pay for the type of work
Always Short Staff, No Breaks, Donors Rude
Medical Screener (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 21, 2017
Employees always calling out. Managers not on one accord. No breaks giving if short staff. Employees show up to work late all the time. They don't pay good. Donors are very rude to the employees. They had four managers in two years. They was always getting audit.
Pros
Great work experience, Hands On activities, Great Benefits
Cons
Short Lunch breaks
Great benefits
Senior Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 19, 2017
Lack of teamwork, management backstabbing and lazy. Management very cut throat. No encouragement they only tell u what you do wrong. Training is rushed you basically learn as you go.
Benefits
Cons
Short staffed never in compliance
Poor place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VADecember 17, 2017
Working here they don't give you enough time off, you accure points and once you get to 6 your pretty much out the door. They really use you and don't care about what's going on in your personal life.
stressfull environment
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 16, 2017
work over 10 hours a day and most of the days I would skip lunch due to the volume of the center. The center is one of the highest volume center in the company so it gets really busy.
Stressful environment
Assistant Manager/Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 14, 2017
Lack of leadership in the centers. Remaining managers expected to pick up the slack of open positions upper management refuses to fill in efforts to cut costs
Cons
Upper mangement does not care about the well being of their employees, works them until they burned out
High stress/Great benefits/long hours
Staff (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 10, 2017
As stated in the title...High stress job. The benefits are outstanding. Great medical, dental, vision, 401k match and paid time off. The hours are very long though. High turnover.