Octapharma Employee Reviews in United States

phlebotomist. full time
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Midfield, ALAugust 21, 2016
It's a good job to have fresh out of school. But far as professionalism not so much. The associates are very messy.and the pay is very low compared to other places. If they paid ppl more for certifications then they could keep people. You guaranteed Your 40 hours simply because they're never fully staffed.
Pros
insurance. job security
Cons
On your feet all day for little pay, unprofessional coworkers, rude donors, understaffed, don't pay ppl more that have certifications, let anyone work for them
Productive and rewarding job with room for advancement.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Forestville, MDAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work for me consists of greeting all donors with a positive and professional demeanor while performing venipuncture procedures ensuring all safety requirements are met. I have learned how to perform a plasma donation venipuncture procedure. I highly enjoy my immediate management team. My co-workers are mostly nice and there are a few that can be a challenge. I mostly enjoy what I do because I honestly think its fun and I really enjoy going to work everyday!
Bad Bad Bad
Medical Screener (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 14, 2016
The only thing you're getting out of this place is phlebotomy experience .
Management is the worst. Buy them out with starbucks/food and you'll be their favorite. Horrible communication skills , Rather have their favorites in they're office doing nothing than helping out on the busiest days!
Always short staffed and out of ratio. Over worked and underpaid ! Corporate should really reconsider who they hire. The job is overall easy, but management makes it very stressful & annoying. Pay is horrible, annuals are pathetic.
Quantity over Quality is they're slogan!
Benefits
Cons
Management . Annual Raises
Fast-paced environment
Plasma Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2016
A typical work day at octapharma is very fast paced and there is a lot to learn. If you like always being on the move, you will literally have fun at this job because there is always something to do. You have the be strong willed and want to learn to move up in this company.
Pros
advancement, training, travel opportunities
Cons
lack of workers, full time hours with minimum communication, not able to rest.people quitting, coworkers moral is poor, everyone feels over worked.
Productive workpalce helping people
Donor Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 17, 2016
Typical day at work come in start getting the supplies to set up the machines start at one and work my way around to each bay we have 5 bays and its 3 or more of us working on them to get them ready for the morning shift. Since employed there I learned how things go in a blood bank where the plasma goes if its good or bad what the test for and the processing and the bottles.
Pros
health insurance Dental Vision
Cons
N/A
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 28, 2016
Positive work condition with co-workers. Provided the opportunity to be cross trained. Positive relationship with the donors. the ability to work different hours.
Pros
Good work conditions, Opportunity for Advancement, Benefits, Cross Training
Cons
Long periods on your feet
Great place for phlebotomy experience, long term opportunities are okay.
Phlebotomist/Medical Screener (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTAugust 18, 2016
My primary responsibility as a Phlebotomist is to preform venipuncture for the purpose of Plasmapherisis.
I have several months of experience using large bore needles, and am both capable and comfortable preforming
phlebotomy. I also regularly take blood samples.
As a Medical Screener, I take patients vitals daily, and determine their eligibility for plasma donation. This
includes taking finger stick samples for the purpose of reading hematacrit and protein levels. It can be difficult to deal with the certain clientele that plasma donation attracts, however, I find great satisfaction in serving people from all backgrounds of life.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Short Breaks, Short lunches, Inflexible schedule
I like the people I work with.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Gretna, LAJuly 8, 2016
The people are very nice to work with. Its just being on your feet all day it really takes a toll on your body.After your three months is up they train you for any of the position you want to work. Don't get benefits if you want to work part time. Great management, great Supervisor.
Pros
Raise almost every 3 months, co workers are great.
Cons
Lack of workers
Many of the donors feel they should be compenstated more for donating. They are knowledgeable about the proceeds the company is recieving.
Senior Medical Screener/ Designated Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 12, 2016
The work moral is low at this site. Employees fill they are under paid for what is required of them. It is a lot of SOP's to follow along with dealing with customer service.
Productive day for me.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 19, 2016
A typical work day for me will be clocking in, getting all my supplies that I'll need. Greet and acknowledge everyone I come across also greet the donors. Get my work phone that we use for scanners and proceed to get to work. I'll push my cart to a donor get he/she name and donor id and begin to work. I learn different things on different days its never a dull moment at my work place. I would say management is great they're understanding and always there, so are my co-workers. The hardest part about my job I would say just learning every donors name. the most enjoyable part about my job will be the donors that I do have a relationship with I love seeing them and communicating with them.
Pros
Relationship with the donors
New position
Medical Screener (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOMay 18, 2016
Medical Screener deal with donors on a daily basis taking vitals from blood pressure to temperature to make sure the donor is well enough to donate plasma. Update information into the system for each donor when need to input updated information on the existing donor or new donor about their history
Pros
learn about the company, increase skills and experience
A great place to grow with the company
Phlebotomist/ Donor floor tech Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 2, 2016
A typical day at work is very busy and you deal with a lot of ppl that come in and out of the center. Management is very good to work with they are happy to help the ppl that work on the donor floor with the work load.
Pros
They sometime will buy lunch
Cons
The breaks are only 30 mins
Horrible
Donor Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 13, 2016
Very unprofessional, over worked and under paid. Very unappreciative, unorganized, All Managers and supervisors can care less about you period & I do not at all whatsoever recommend to ANYONE who is serious about working and actually wanting to progress somewhere, to work here. Only if I had the option to not choose any stars to rate them I would have chose NONE because they don't even deserve that 1 star I gave them.
Lies.
Medical Screener (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2016
I was hired to be a medical screener. Had a heck of a long commute. But then on day 3 of training, "oops" conveniently was told I wasn't hired for the position I asked for and was told I was hired for. But for another more labor intensive job that paid the same! HA.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Managements collective communication. Regional trainer is Pompous.
Amazing place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAMay 16, 2016
The only reason I left is because they were moving to Gretna. Honestly, everyone I worked with here was amazing and I learned so much. Without the Octapharma team I wouldn't be as good as I am. I appreciate the time they took with me to improve my skills. I loved it here!!
Pros
Great crew
Cons
I don't know if there are any cons. Great company to work for. Just great.
Okay job
Medical Screener (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 17, 2016
The job its self isn't horrible, but very repetitive unless you're cross trained to do other things in the center. Many of the donors are fairly rude and impatient; however, it is sometimes understandable when the center is understaffed on a busy day. The benefits are awesome but the pay is horrible! which is probably why employee retention isn't great. I just feel that if someone has to deal with biohazards like blood all day they should get paid more than $8-10/hour. Since the center opens 7 days a week, the hours are pretty good though. The employees I work with are an absolute joy to be around for the most part; however, some people that have been there longer don't seem to do as much work as the newer people.
Pros
good hours, good benefit package, fun employees
Cons
horrible pay, rude donors, not everyone pulls their weight
team work
Medical Screener (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 14, 2016
• Performs finger sticks and utilizes screening equipment to obtain hematocrit and protein readings (excluding California donor centers)
• Performs clerical duties including creating and maintaining donor record files and inputting information into the donor management computer software
Happy to work with good management & nice co-workers
Medical Screener /Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMarch 21, 2016
Start early for work to screen donors.
Learned about getting along with donors & to process them on time. Management is just fair to everyone. Easy to adjust to any circumstances. Supports the employees.
Getting along with co-workers & part of the team.
To deal with rude donors is the hardest one.
Happy to receive compliments from managers for well accomplished
job.
Pros
Monthly celebration of birthdays
Cons
Very busy days
fun workplace and never a dull day
donor floor tech (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 14, 2016
I absolutely loved this place. Worked there for 6 1/2 years. Management was awesome and coworkers were like family. Coworkers would do whatever it took to help each other out. I would so go back there again!!!

I left cause I moved back home.
Pros
job security
Cons
short lunches
Excellerated leader in the plasma industry.
Center Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2016
Octapharma continues to engage in new and progressive agendas to enhance the plasma product and customer experience.
Pros
Challenging but rewarding day to day operations.
Cons
Meeting the continued aggressive needs of plasma for our client.

2.7