The Research Scientist will be working hands-on with sustained drug delivery to the eye, including small molecule and protein formulation and characterization efforts. Skill in laboratory characterization and analytical techniques is required. This individual will be expected to develop specific expertise in the OTX hydrogel technology and its use in formulating and fabricating drug delivery systems. This individual will execute research and development activities as assigned, including prototype product and processes and documentation.
- Provide hands-on experimentation in developing new small molecule and protein delivery products based on our bioresorbable hydrogel technology.
- Execute formulation and characterization activities for drug delivery programs and other R&D programs in need of specific expertise, ensuring the development objectives and timelines are fulfilled.
- Communicate effectively with team members and management on project related issues in a timely manner.
- Interact with Quality, Regulatory and Manufacturing personnel and R&D program managers in product development efforts.
- Develop and document designs, specifications and processes in accordance with the company quality policy.
- Assist as needed in development of processes for manufacturing.
- Foster and build the culture at Ocular Therapeutix.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field
- Masters degree with 0-2 years experience in the field or bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years experience.
- Demonstrable expertise/track record in the field.
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practices.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Visit our website: www.ocutx.com