Ocwen Financial Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

A company in process of great culture change
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2016
The company has struggled recently during a period of intense growth in trying to balance the type of workforce it needs, but at its core Ocwen has some great people. I had a great experience during my time there and developed a lot as a professional. Ocwen is not for the lazy, they ask A LOT of their people!
loved working there.
Modification Specialist (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 3, 2016
Updated modifications, special forebearances, and any other workout plans that homeowners received. Did a little bit of data entry as well.
Pros
easy job, no micromanagement
Cons
contract wasn't long enough, and it wasn't temp to hire
Challenging Environment
PMO Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2016
- Frequent Layoffs
- High employee turnover
- lack of communication
- Toxic work environment
- Culture of secrecy and no positive communication
- No standard processes
- no pm applications
- massive turnover
- Upper Management hostile and not approachable
- manage by fear and intimidation
- no opportunity for advancement
- jobs being outsourced offshore
Pros
met great coworkers
Cons
layoffs, turnover, negative, directors disconnected and hostile
It was a job.
Business Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 30, 2016
Working at this company was interesting.

It would be nice to have Management to supported or provided direction for their employees.
Pros
some activities to build employee morale
Cons
training was needed and upto date IT
This place did not have great training program.
Home Retention Consultant (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 15, 2016
I was dissatisfied with the training for my specific department. They also have a lot of system which interferes with your work.
A good foundation with a few challenges
Liquidations Underwriter (FHA/VA/FHLMC/FNMA) (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 11, 2016
The organization on the whole is a work in progress. I've learned a lot about the mortgage business while working there. The pay is decent, the incentive structure is pretty aggressive, the schedules are very flexible, coworkers are friendly enough, and management is generally helpful and knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the structure and organization. The company is going through a rough transition and is experiencing some challenges at this time. Fortunately, the large majority of the staff almost acts like family so it makes it a bit easier to deal with.
Pros
Flexible schedule, aggressive incentive plan
Cons
Lack of organization, archaic reporting methods
was down town dallas
excellent internal and external customer service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2016
I processed Modification, and partial claims, scan and reviewed work out package for Modification on Home Mortgage loans, checked h/o income, credit report, banking info, any type of loans that a home owner make have out standing, my co-workers was some of the best people that I knew, was very pleased to work with them and for upper management, the hardest part of my job was telling a home owner that i was not able to help them and they either would have to bring loan current or sale the prop. the most enjoyable part of my job was letting a home owner know that they were a proved for a loan modification and reading the terms to them made me feel very good inside,
Pros
was able to be our own boss
Cons
not able to work on weekend to get more files out and make better contact with the home owner
Sends jobs overseas
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  IowaMay 30, 2016
Worked at Ocwen a long time and they send a very large percentage of jobs to India. They do not care about employees. Pay is OK.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Job security
not a good one
Mailroom/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 8, 2016
Not worker friendly

Managers were very rude

You dreaded going there everyday

My team was the only good part of the job

This company needs better quality people running it
Hard work with great bonuses!
Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2016
A typical day at Ocwen included making contact with assigned customers in my portfolio, following up with scheduled calls, reviewing loans, collecting documents, accepting payments, and completing other team projects assigned. The work day was always busy and you had to be organized to keep up with constant company changes. The environment and co-workers were nice, management was helpful, but often times swamped.
Pros
Nice bonus structure
Cons
job security
Team Lead/ Lien Release/ Final Document Management (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAApril 21, 2016
As with any mortgage company you must be able to adapt to the constant changes and relocation of operations. A lot of good people and an overall enjoyable place to work as employee engagement is a main focus.
Pros
With constant changes comes opportunities to advance
Cons
Constant relocation of business units
productive work place
Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Palm BeachApril 19, 2016
the most enjoyable part of my job is learning the different systems in order to perform my job, the people and the environment.
Great employer
Bankruptcy Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Ocwen where I had a chance to grow and learn many new skills such as working with people, built active listening skills to help when dealing with challenging situations, multitask effectively, refine selling strategies, and work with federal and state guidelines in regards to the mortgage and financial systems.
very wonderful company to work for employees are well seasoned
Mortgage Default Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 13, 2016
arriving early to discuss with team members goals for that day, the week, and the month. coworkers are very receptive and seasoned to get along with. management seemed to supervise employees with efficiency and resourcefulness
Where To Begin...
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2016
If you are looking for a rewarding career in commercial servicing, do not work here. They claim to service commercial loans, however they service SFR investment properties disguised as commercial loans. If you have no experience and a GED, then the commercial servicing department is perfect for you.

The antiquated servicing platform coupled with a majority of the employees based in India make for a miserable day. You will spend a large part of the day fixing problems initiated by India. Repeat this daily. Every day, all day. Management could care less. The senior manager spends a bulk of her day working her side job selling real estate. You will not get much help or sympathy from her. She will claim responsibility for you work and not inform her superiors that she did not do the work. This is one of her hallmark traits.

The hardest part of the job was waking up every day knowing I had to work at Ocwen. They only thing that kept me going was the great friends I made along the way.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Inept Senior Manager, India, 401k, Technology
Micromanaged workplace
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 28, 2016
Micromanaged workplace, low employee moral and immature senior management who do not trust employees. No work life balance
Productive and fun workplace
Default Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAFebruary 19, 2016
Before Ocwen was GMAC. Both places were great to work for until my position was out sourced to another country after being employed with the company for 12 and 1/2 years. All companies change and all of us have to deal with changes. I learned a lot about the whole process of bankruptcies from both companies. I worked pretty well with management and co-workers. I am a people person so I got along with just about everyone. The hardest part of the day is when you plan where to start with your duties and something else is brought to your attention that is a priority first. The regular duties would sometimes get pushed aside but eventually would get done. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the more work I completed the faster the day would go. Although my work would be completed the more I understood and learned my job.
Productive, and busy.
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day at work for me starts on a Monday. I love Mondays, typically because time flies by in a flash. I log in and start by reviewing my daily appointments for the day. I review them before the appointment so it can be fresh in my head to be able to assist the borrowers properly. Once I'm done with that i review all my emails and start by replying or assisting whomever is needing help. Then the first telephonic appointment cal comes in and i start helping the borrower through the call. Our appointments are usually about 10-15 minutes long so once I'm done with that, i check to see if i received any documents needed i requested from our borrowers to send over file to our underwriting team, team that determines what the borrower may qualify for. That goes on throughout the day until i clock out.
Pros
Top performers received and excellent monthly bonus
Cons
Healthcare
Good while it lasted, shut down Houston Office.
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2016
High on stress fast passed work, have to deal with a lot of complaints, you do have the tools to resolve issues.
I found that if you do your job and meet your goals, you will be compensated with a Bonus.
Pros
Nice work environment, well compensated.
Cons
Extremely stressful, no growth.
Great Team Leads and support system, fun and energetic environment!
Home Retention Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxJanuary 27, 2016
Outbound calls regarding mortgage loans that are delinquent 30-90 days. Provided loan resolutions for borrowers with a repayment plan, loan modification, short-sale or a deed in lieu of foreclosure. Dealt with realtors, brokers, title companies, bankruptcy attorneys as well.
Pros
Providing a resolution for delinquent borrowers that keeps them out of foreclosure.
Cons
When borrower didn't qualify for any resolution and had to foreclose.