Ocwen Financial Corporation Employee Reviews

Nothing Special at Ocwen
Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Ocwen Financial has a lot of regulatory ghosts that have caused it to downsize tremendously over the last few years. There is very little opportunity for career growth and the company benefits are nothing to write home about. If you are a career woman and want to have children there is no maternity benefits beyond short term disability. Ocwen has made a attempt to improve their culture and the Texas office is much better than any of the other offices to work at. The culture is more laid back and relaxed offering a better work/life balance. Depending on the department you work in, it will spend on the level of stress that your role plays.
Not a good employer
Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at work was very stressful. I learned to be a jack of all trades getting my hands on all kinds of technology and be very resourceful at all times.
Loved working here
Collector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at Ocwen but I felt my career path halted after I became a manager. I really wished I had an opportunity to move forward but other opportunities knocked first. I learned a lot about people, the kind of work culture that I can thrive, and what kind of a manager I wanted to be. The work culture was relaxed, yet professional, competitive but in a healthy way. The hardest part of this job was leaving. If they had more opportunities in upper management, I would have stayed. The managers and colleagues I had were wonderful. I miss working there.
Pros
Great staff, good benefits
Cons
None for me
Extremely stressful environment
ANALYST (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 15, 2017
This company is based off of nepotism. It's all about who you know not what you know. Advancement doesn't happen unless you are a part of the "in crowd" even if you are the best employee with no complaints.
Highly competitive with ping pong table and basketball hoop
Liquidations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 15, 2017
A typical day is highly competitive as you are competing against other departmental teams and even your own team. Generous monthly performance bonuses. Management is very respectful and laid back. Advancing throughout the company is reasonably easy. Different company events each month such as car shows and competitive games. Hardest part of the job is trying to assist frustrated customers. Most enjoyable part of the job is when your team produces numbers that exceed goal at the end of the month.
Pros
Generous Bonuses, matching 401K, Ping Pong table, hour lunch
Cons
Organization is not growing due to legal issues
Ocwen was awesome
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 14, 2017
I really enjoyed my time with Ocwen, I would recommend. My only concern was really the financial state of the company, i.e. stock behavior, which felt risky. Overall, one of the best employers, I've had the pleasure to work for!
Pros
Incredible work life balance
Cons
stock price behavior
We have several stress relievers such as ping pong tables, lounge areas with great seating, cable television and chess tables
Home Retention Consultant, Litigation (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Last position with company consisted of trying to solve litigated files. I learned how mortgage programs work. Management was pretty pleasant to work with, Ocwen had a great workplace culture, had several functions monthly for employees to participate in. The hardest part of the job was driving the 4 hour distant daily. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping homeowners to retain their home.
Pros
Team building
Cons
Distant
Failing Company
Vendor Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 3, 2017
Ocwen is a company that is slowly dying. Despite some recent last minute efforts, the chances of this company surviving for another 3+ years is slim. I would not recommend working here, as the chances are it will be a very short tenure. The company has been conducting layoffs every 6 months like clock work.
Pros
Benefits are fair.
Cons
No future
Uneducated management-non degreed No Good Mornings
Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2017
New People have started worked in our team. You would think they would have a quick pow wow to introduce them and welcome them to our company and show them at least the rest rooms and vending machines-NOT. Its goes how unprofessional the management is. And management is cut throat as they come, reading our emails, timing bath room breaks. We are all adults .Don't know where they get these managers from, but in any case they are fired or leave shortly thereafter (GOD) decides.
Pros
The parking are is large
Cons
Absolutely in the middle of nowhere-No fast food-no places for lunch.
Unethical - the worst - no wonder they are a sinking ship.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 29, 2017
Ocwen is being sued not only by the CFPB but by multiple states. There are round after round of layoffs. Stressful environment. Management has NO idea how to save the business as law suits keep rushing in. Management doesn't communicate and employees run around trying to put band-aids on the hemorrhaging business with no success. Truly the WORST place I have ever worked.
Pros
Cons
Management is horrible
Nationwide Mortgage servicer
REO Closer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2017
fast paced nationwide mortgage servicer. This company has their own technology platform.

Very competitive business with tons of opportunity and room for advancemnt
Open minds.
Customer Service Processor (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 17, 2017
Understanding of every area of law, keeps you informed on the constant changes of different laws. Also always willing to make sure that you understand what is needed for the best out come of every case.
Dont recommend working for this company
Senior Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 15, 2017
Co-workers were great and so were most of the supervisors. The pay & bonus in customer service were good as long as you read off a script as you are not able to have a normal discussion with customers regarding there mortgage loan.
Pros
pay
Cons
worried will get laid off & your job sent overseas
A lot of work
Foreclosure Mediation Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 15, 2017
The pay here is good but based on commissions + base. Pay keeps most people on board but they sqeeze every cent out of you. Heavy work load, difficult customers, management is overloaded and cannot assist with "fires". Work is also outsourced which makes communication btwn departments extremely difficult and all calls are monitored/graded which may affect pay. When youre able to actually help a grateful customer, the job can be rewarding.
Not Employee Friendly
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2017
Most jobs are/were outsourced to India. Those that still remain, I'm assuming are management. Employees are little more than livestock. The operation in Orlando, I believe, is closed and has been for some time.
Engaging workplace
Default Reporting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 12, 2017
Ocwen is an engaging place to work. You learn a lot about the mortgage industry and there is always open communication between employees and management.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Not a fun place to work. They are shifting all the jobs off shore.
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 7, 2017
Ocwen is going thru a difficult time financially at present, This is causing them to shift most jobs offshore. Given that be the case, there is NO job security at all. They are completely focused on doing more with less.
great Company
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 6, 2017
This is so a great company to work for. it is a really fast paced job so you have to be super fast. They grade you every week so it is best if you make no mistakes
Great learning environment
Loan Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 5, 2017
I worked for Barclay Capital, dba HomEQ before Ocwen bought us.
I enjoyed the ability to learn and progress within my department. Our CEO made sure to share all things good with each employee such as bonuses and recognition awards. When Ocwen bought us all jobs were then outsourced and 1200 people lost there jobs.
Pros
Recognition awards and company celebration parties
Cons
Selling out to Ocwen
It was a good job
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 1, 2017
Ocwen was a good company to work for. I would have continued to work there except I moved out of state. The company allowed different start times to assist with employees schedules.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocwen Financial Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.