Ocwen Solutions

Ocwen Solutions Employer Reviews

I worked as a contractor and enjoyed my work.
Real Estate Broker (Former Employee), North CarolinaMarch 9, 2015
Pros: flex hours
I worked as a contractor and enjoyed my work. I would work there again if the opportunity presented itself to me. I feel ill and was unable to complete assigned tasks.
First Hybrid debt -equity public REIT
Director / Legal Counsel (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: diverse and talented team
Cons: too many business lines.
• Won a competitive bid and negotiated the acquisition and JV partnership of distressed $185 million retail and mixed –use shopping center portfolio with a major retail REIT.
• Assisted in purchase of a distressed first lien on a 250 Unit Class B Apartment Complex in Tampa, FL.
• Negotiated purchase and leaseback of $36 million office complex from large institution.
• Assisted in formulating marketing and joint venture strategy for 12-member acquisitions group.
• Responsible for the valuation and marketing of combined $450 million construction loan portfolio.
• Property and debt work-out strategies through acquisition, REO asset management, liquidation, , asset recovery and debtor relationships;
• Assisted Hospitality Department with due diligence of Hotels and work-out of NFL Players Grill theme restaurant in Orlando, including financial analysis of profit and loss, review of joint venture profit sharing agreement and develop and implement management and cash flow review changes.
Professional
Analyst II, Investor Reporting (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 10, 2015
Work hours were 8 am to 6 pm. I was responsible for running reports and remittance of payments. Monthly review of files. the hours were long and tediuos and sometimes we worked on weekends. co workers were friendly and young.
Productive day
Loan Modification Reporting Analyst (Current Employee), Coppell, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: professional atmosphere, good culture, opportunity for growth
Cons: im contracting - i need a permanent postion.
Arrive at the office a little before 8:00, log into all my systems to determine if our reports have arrived. Once our reports are forwarded to me, I prepare a spreadsheet and divide out the work evenly for my team to began their audit for final booking and closing the loan. We review each loan to ensure all forbearance payments were made as agreed, the post and pre mod figures are correct, i.e., loan balance, interest rate, term, taxes and insurance, escrow balance, monthly payment, payment due date. Responsible for our internal systems match that of FNMA's systems. If we determine errors were made we work with the appropriate department head to ensure the corrections are properly adjusted, prior to booking and closing the loans. These loans are being pooled and sold on the open market. It is imperative our audits and calculations are accurate. It takes a high level of concentration and focus to attain zero errors. My team is great, we work together and get the job done.
For me, the hardest part is the few times we are slow. I like to stay very busy.

I have had an accounting refresher working these modifications closings. I have't worked in accounting since college.

I most enjoy working the special projects Senior Management assigns to me. I receive a variety of items from several different departments, this enables me to interact with different people and allows me to capture exposure to mid to high level management.
very busy work environment
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Eldora, IAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: potlucks and prizes given away... the pay was great, commission to be made
Cons: the departments dont work together
inbound and outbound calls, customers always complaining of the way the company is run and being told different stories when they call in or when the agent calls out. very mentally strong demanding job as customers are very rude and company does not know what they are doing. CEO even stepped down from the company.
Over all review I give 4 stars to each
Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAJanuary 23, 2015
This company went through many changes but over all it was a pleasant place to work. There was never a dull moment due to the amount of work needed as well as positions to fill. Various departments was short handed due to work out source to India. Management was great and very reliable through the out source process.
Sub-mortgage servicing and banking company. Nice place to work.
IT Audit Manager / Security Risk Assessments (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Ocwen is the industry leader in servicing high-risk loans. Ocwen works with customers in a variety of ways to make their loans worth more, including purchasing of mortgage servicing rights, sub-servicing, special servicing and stand-by servicing. We can also support companies that wish to utilize our best-in-class technology and know-how to support improvements in their own operations.
Great Place to work!
Supervisor (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Great Place to work, friendly people. The cafe could be improved with greater food selection. I enjoy the people and the management staff and the ability to learn new things. It's a relaxed environment.
Productive place to work and learn new skills.
System Engineer II (Former Employee), Coppell, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: not enough time at this company to form a negative view.
Review the tasks that need to be accomplished that day and that week.

Documented the daily tasks for the rest of the team.

Learned the newest version of SCCM 2012 R2 CU2. Configured the two systems to be operational. Documented the settings for the team.

The co-workers were helpful and willing to teach you the tasks that need to be completed by each worker.

Trying to get access to the systems that I needed to work on.

Learning new systems that I have not worked on before.
Nice
Loss Mitigation Coordinator (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: will work with my schedual with school.
Cons: i am a contractor trying to get hired on
Team environment. Process is easy to learn. Familiar with other mortgage systems.
Management out of touch with employees
Loss Mitigation, Default Servicer (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: bonus plan, paycheck
Cons: scripts to read as if employees cant think for themselves. management
Ocwen management is incredibly out of touch with employees and there are more issues to name than I have time for.
Big Brother
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: nice building, good cafeteria
Cons: short breaks, micro managed, no job security
You are timed while you are in the bathroom and every time you walk away from your desk. Ever since Ocwen bought out GMAC, the company has gone down hill. Last year, they had massive layoffs and shipped all the jobs to India. There were rumors that this was not going to happen but it did anyway
Pretty Good Company
Event Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 30, 2014
Despite the rumors, Ocwen has been good to me. I was orignally with Gmac, before being bought out by Ocwen. The QA department has really given me a chance to expand my wings.
My co-workers were great
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2014
Pros: fun workplace
Cons: slow process
The work place fine my co-workers made the day. I enjoyed helping my customers concerning there matters. I also learned a lot concerning HAMP,HARP, Short sale and DILs.
Worse job ever!
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), TexasSeptember 28, 2014
Cons: micro management, no job security
Loved my job until ocwen took over. Outsourced my department to India and laid off hundreds of employees. They kept a handful of us to satisfy the customers who refused to speak to overseas reps. Greedy company that doesn't care about their employees. DO NOT WORK here!
I loved my job until they bought the company
Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Ocwen purchased the ResCap portfolio from Ally Financial, and we went from a company that cared about people to one that only thought of money. The job was no longer about quality but quantity.
n/a job was phasing out
Loss Mitigation / Loan Counselor III (Former Employee), North Highlands, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: job closure
With Ocwen there's really not much to say, we just completed our workload to completion & transferred all incoming calls to Bangalore India, where the jobs were outsourced to.
I really enjoyed working there but it was just a temp job.
Document Clerk (Former Employee), Riviera Beach, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: hour lunch and two 15 min breaks your own work station
Cons: you had to get a good quoter for the day.
I was always busy and learning how to do different thing. My supervisor and co-workers was very nice to work with, everybody helped each other. I don't think anything was to hard about the job. I wish I could have stayed longer.
Interesting environment - Multicultural, but can be hostile
Foreclosure Coordinator (Former Employee), HoustonAugust 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Ocwen maintains offices in the southwest section of Houston.
Commuting is difficult in Houston, so if you do work in the area, pay attention to traffic reports and plan at least 3 different routes. The bus is not always on time, and you will face disciplinary action for being late. The building is a nice mid-rise, close to 635, the Galleria, and next to 59. You will need to either bring a lunch, or prepare to drive nearby for lunch. Overtime is not expected, but may be needed on a rare case by case need. The most enjoyable part of my day was communicating with my co-workers in India. Management depends on what team you're on, as in most companies.
beware
home retention consultant (Former Employee), West palm beach flJuly 25, 2014
Pros: friendships and bbqing ceos
Cons: crazy cape lady
crazy lady in a black shawl ran around yelling at people about perfume. i got yelled at for using scented body wash. she liked to put signs up everywhere.

other than that it was an ok place to work. great friends and fun parties. once i saw the ceo grilling food out back...it was awesome.

1 2 3