OCZ Storage Solutions

OCZ Storage Solutions Employee Reviews

Technical Support Agent
Technical Support (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 21, 2015
OCZ is a great place to work. All employees and managers are friendly and respectful. I learned a lot about the tech industry with this company.
wide variety of SSDs to sell to OEM customers
OEM Sales Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 26, 2015
large portfolio of SATA, SAS, and PCIe SSDs
making finding and winning new opportunities easy
One of the strongest company in the SSD
Sr. Digital design engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 22, 2015
I am working 5 days in a week.
I designed BCH/LDPC for the SSD.
It is great company to work.
Management is wonderful.
Coworker is great
Engineers, stay away from this company!
Software Developer (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: situated in santa teresa, chances are you have a reverse bay area commute of 20-30miles each way... there you have it.
Cons: understaffed, over promised. you are reminded on a daily basis that you are working for someone else's benefit.
1) Move the site. There is too much bad history there and there is nothing special about being there
2) Hire better management. Managers with people skills. Managers who like people and whom people like back.
3) Everyone seems to have a different incentive structure (play favorites). This produces a chasm within the staff.
4) Find a way to promote more people. Not just when someone leaves. Even at the detriment of current management.

A lot of these are easier said than done. however, other companies have some of these things. These might be the goals that truly turn everything around. Best of luck.
I wouldn't recommend this company
Product Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 18, 2014
Still working out some processes but very open upper management team responsive to listening and changing.
Fun and challenging
Junior Programs Specialist (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 15, 2014
• Document and managed Marketing Development Funds for US based customers, i.e. Newegg, Amazon, and Microcenter.
• Process accruals and payments for customers that are facilitated under OCZ Marketing Development Funds.
• Monitor, research, and resolve current and outstanding accruals in order to balance accounting’s books for month and quarter end.
• Responsible for sending out weekly budget reports for all Marketing Development Funds in the US, EU, and APAC regions.
• Coordinate training with sales team to ensure that payments are done accurately and on time, to prevent escalation of outstanding accruals.
• Actively sought to improve services related to budgeting, sales operations, and accounting in order to continuously advance quality and efficiency.
Sales Operations/ Commissions Analyst (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 6, 2013
Pros: brekfast
Cons: no company culture
Everyone starts later and gets out late. People work while they are sick.

January 31, 2014

Thanks for the comments. Like a lot of tech companies we are somewhat flexible on our hours just as long as the job gets done. I would hope that employees would not come to work and get others sick but we can't force them into this decision. As far as the culture goes, I think we have been through a great many changes in the last year. Now as we become part of Toshiba our culture might change a little more.

Potential is there
ENTERPRISE APPLICATIONS ENGINEER (Current Employee), San Jose. caDecember 1, 2012
OCZ has plenty of potential, but it needs to get a handle on its finances.
Fast paced, productive and relaxed work environment.. for the most part.
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 31, 2012
Pros: working in silicon valley in the hardware industry, learning more about technology and upcoming products.
Cons: frustrated customers with multiple failed products or issues, similar issues- no resolutions.
Providing support with phone calls,email and Trouble Ticketing systems regarding technical support for SSD's, PSU's memory modules and other types of flash memory. I've learned more about different types of flash memory, NAND flash and the internal components of solid state drives and power supplies. Hardest part of the job is experiencing new customer issues without a solution to provide for them immediately without following up with our testing department in regards to incompatibility issues with certain products. The most enjoyable part is resolving customer issues and helping them configure their system builds with our products.
NOT a good place to work, poor examples of leadership, run-down bldg
Engineering (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 27, 2012
Pros: some nice people
Cons: most everything
Eng. manager there is not a good leader of people, no regard for the needs of people. He has favorites and acks like a child scorned to others. Won't look at, say hello, or smile at non-favorites. Will give extras, perks to favorites and look right past/ignore non-favorites. Won't give any kind of encouragement or constructive criticism, only scold, talk down to or ignore when something is not to his liking. He may know businees but not a clue about people. Compensation is very poor, compared to the rest of the engineering world. I only took the job at the time because I needed income right away. Glad to be out of there. The physical environment of not very good, the facility is run-down, not good for working effectively. People are stressed, chairs and otherr ergonomics are poor floors and bathroom are discusting. They won't spend money on making people comfortable or productive. CEO parks his Bentley and Lamborghini in the Disabled parking spots EVERY day. (Great leadership example). I could go on but you get the idea.
Challenging environment, Learn a lot in here
Account Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 7, 2012
Gained tons of experience on Channel management and practice which never taught in school.
Good compensation, Achievable, not something far away
Quota priority. Get the work done is the rule of thumb.
stressful/ productive but lack of job security
Account Manager / Supply Chain Management (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 22, 2012
Pros: can focus on sales operations
Cons: job security/ benefits
doing business in a very creative and innovative way. learn a lot thru colleagues
Headquarters