The Odfjell Group is one of the leading players in the global market for seaborne transportation and storage of chemicals and other speciality bulk liquids.
The Odfjell fleet comprises of approximately 100 ships, which trade both globally and regionally. The tank terminal division consists of 10 partially owned tank terminals and is part of a network of 12 tank terminals partly owned by related parties. The tank terminals are strategically located within important shipping hubs around the world.
The Odfjell Group’s headquarters are in Bergen, Norway, and the Group has more than 20 offices internationally. Odfjell employs around 3, 800 staff and posted annual gross revenues of USD 1.2 billion in 2011.
We are seeking a Port Captain who will be located at the Odfjell Tankers office in Houston. The Port Captain will be responsible to provide professional and qualified advice to Masters, Operators, Port Operators, and customers.
- Recent experience as Captain or Chief Officer on board chemical tankers or recent experience as Port Captain for a chemical tanker operator company
- Good understanding of ship operations
- Service minded and good cooperative abilities
- Good IT skills
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Support ship operation and port operation in the US Gulf to maintain a high standard of QHSE and to optimize vessels’ turnaround in ports
- Establish and maintain operational contact with terminals and customers in the US Gulf in close cooperation with Odfjell Tankers representatives in Houston and in Bergen
- Advise brokers, operators, port operators, ships and Ship Management in matters related to cargo handling, including tank cleaning and use of operational equipment onboard as well as stowage
- Periodic assignments as Super Cargo on board to advise on cargo operation and tank cleaning
- Inspection of Time Chartered vessels
- Support to Ship Management as initiated by Head of Risk Management
Physical Environment/ Working Conditions:
- Close proximity to hazardous petrochemicals.
- Office environment, sits at a desk.
- Perform outside work, travelling to/from the ships.
- Able to handle demanding situations as a result of time constraints and personnel demands.
- Organizational ability.
- Effectively communicate with internal departments and external contractors.
- Able to work outside of normal hours based on needs of the business.
The position will be located in Seabrook/Houston and will report operationally to the Operation Manager Trans-Atlantic in Bergen and administratively to the VP Port Operation Houston.
We offer a competitive salary and have a comprehensive benefits package, including the potential for full rebates on monthly medical insurance premiums. For employees’ retirement needs, we have a defined benefit pension plan, as well as a matching 401k.
Additional benefits are available – to learn more about them and the position, please submit your resume below.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website: www.odfjell.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a drug test and other pre-employment requirements.