Odfjell began as a Norwegian shipping company over 100 years ago. We have locations in Norway, Rotterdam, China, and South America, to name a few. Odfjell Terminals (Houston), located in Seabrook, is a fully integrated shipping and terminal facility for the marine transportation, land distribution, and short and long term storage of liquid bulk chemicals. Our working environment will challenge you and provides a varied array of people, projects, and expectations.
We are a $60 million company, are currently in expansion mode, and we need talented individuals to help us grow. We are a large company with a small company ability to listen and react to our employees and their ideas. Join an international organization and become affiliated with a company that keeps people, the environment, and safety as our highest priorities.
We are currently hiring for a Customer Service Representative in our Order Fulfillment Group. This position reports directly to the Operations Superintendent.
Provide focal point for customers’ contact with OTH, proactively solve logistic issues and coordinate with internal departments to maximize efficiencies to provide highest value to both the customer and OTH.
1. Develop strong relationships with customers to anticipate logistic needs.
2. Coordinate internal resources including physical assets and personnel with Planning and Operations departments to meet customer requirements.
3. Liaison between Customer, Sales, Finance, Operations, and Planning Departments.
4. Coordinate activities of communications and monitor inventory for respective accounts.
5. Responsible for timely and accurate customer invoicing.
6. Ensure timely resolution of issues.
7. Enter data into TMS and customers’ systems.
8. Meetings with customers.
9. On-boarding new customers.
10. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
11. ABSENCE: In case of absence, the employee’s superior may assume and/or assign responsibility for this position’s duties.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Close proximity to hazardous petrochemicals
- Air Conditioned office environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Carry mobile telephone, must be able to answer urgent or emergency call on 24 hour basis.
- Typical work hours are from 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday
- Occasional weekend work (especially during month-end processing)
- Occasional after hours
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 year minimum related work experience
- Above average planning and organizational skills
- Strong communications skills required, verbal and business writing
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Professional attitude and dress code
- General Office Equipment
- IBM Compatible PC
- MS Windows
- MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
We offer a competitive salary and have a comprehensive benefits package, including the potential for full rebates on monthly medical insurance premiums. For employees’ retirement needs, we have a defined benefit pension plan, as well as a matching 401k.
Additional benefits are available – to learn more about them and the position, please submit your resume below.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website: www.odfjell.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a drug test and other pre-employment requirements.