Odom Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

unqualified managers/leads
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 28, 2016
if you like working for a company that promotes not by skill level but by how much you say yes to you're boss, if you like having an irregular schedule, policy changes weekly, no communication with management, clueless managers, an open door policy that literally is ignored go to work there so frustrating to work there could be good place to work if they fired idiot managers and hired people with management skills have never worked at a co.that goes out of it's way to make you feel not appreciated you will never get 40 hrs there new push from management is everyone gets 32 to 40 do not waste time with this co.i know of at least 5 people looking for other jobs
Pros
being employed
Cons
low pay, terrible management all dept.
My manager was a micro manager and expected perfectionall the time!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAFebruary 25, 2016
My training was terrible. I was trained by 4 different people and they weren't all on the same page. I was expected to know everything, immediately! If I asked a co worker a question and I did something wrong, they would "tattle" to the manager even though I fixed the issue. They never treated me like a part of the team and was treated like the black sheep the whole time I was employed there. My manager documented EVERYTHING I did wrong and didn't fail to tell me about it. I had never worked for this kind of company before but my manager and co workers talked to me like I understood everything. My four, 10 hour days turned into 11-12 hr days. It was very stressful and it affected my health. I think this would have worked out for me if the training was better..teach a little bit at a time and let me master each skill before adding more to my plate. Unrealistic expectations!
Pros
The drivers were friendly
Cons
Poor training, not treated like a part of the team and I felt like I was under a magnifying glass 24/7
Could have been a better experience
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 27, 2015
Disorganized, nothing would be ready to go for the day, loads would be overweight and not in route order. Management didn't want to take the time to listen to issues at hand and didn't really care about employee's personal life.
Pros
Great hours, good benefits
Cons
Kinda of poor management & overall operations
fast growing Sales company with lots of growth options
Chain Store Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 12, 2015
if you want to be a sales Rep with opportunity to learn, and or grow while hitting goals often, this is the company to be with, Management pushes to teach and show new sales training that Works!
Using work time Correctly
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Juneau, AlaskaApril 28, 2014
A typical day at would consist of me rotating stock and checking dates. I have learned that everyday the effort that you put in your work shows the quality and how you were trained. I like working with a team because my coworkers are some of the best people I could work with. Having someone who is a team player, gets the job done and is willing to help when it comes to the job. The best part of my job is knowing when I come to work I have a team that does it needs to be done to put the customer first.
Pros
good work enviroment and type of retail
Cons
customers demand of the products
Fast paced distribution center of mainly alcohol beverages
Night Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 29, 2014
The night started at 6pm and finished when the work was done. I had great support from my direct supervisor who was the Operations Manager. The hardest part of the job was getting everything coordinated and ready to go for the night. What I enjoyed most was the since of accomplishment at the end of every shift by getting everything out on time in a safe, productive, and accurate manner.
Pros
food budget and uniform budget for the crew, also was able to reward perks for the pickers with an accuracy rate over 99.90%
Cons
sometimes the shift could get really long when short people and big shipping night
Terrible Company
Night Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAMarch 13, 2014
Long hours and terrible management create a hostile work environment between shifts and management groups. Full of hollow promises and just flat out lies! Hours are long and you have really no time for family and friends until the weekend but by that time you don't want to do anything but rest. Lots of room for advancement because of high turn over rate. Would not recommend this job to anyone.
Cons
long hours and terrible management
Fun atmosphere
Order puller/stocker/inventory/forklift (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WASeptember 8, 2013
A typical day started with getting every one set up to start picking the orders till all the orders were done. what i learned? Well my math skills improved. Management was awesome! Co workers were good some of them i don't think knew what it meant to work hard but that's Ok i still got along with them all. The hardest part of the job was trying to pick up other co workers slack to get the orders done before the drivers need to head out to deliverers but we always got the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing we had a long day ahead of us and knowing it was gonna be good on the paycheck.
Pros
free beverages
Cons
short breaks
Family owned business, treats employees as such. Excellent place to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJuly 4, 2013
Was able to advance my career. Training was always provided to better secure your position with the company. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Management was stellar
Pros
very flexible work environment and excellent bennifits
Cons
cold in fairbanks location
star west
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAOctober 20, 2014
organize warehouse and get techs ready for the day. make sure they had all there equipment they needed and take customer phone calls, set up appointments
Pros
easy work
Cons
not able to work with my scheduel
Great Employer
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 7, 2013
Fast paced fun workplace. My work changed day to day depending on what the customers needed. Early mornings however afternoon and nights off. I enjoyed meeting all of the different store associates.
Pros
good pay
Cons
tough work
good paying job
Order puller/stocker/inventory/forklift (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WASeptember 10, 2012
i liked working at odom cause my first job was warehouse work i like pulling orders, stocking shelfs using the forklift.
Pros
made good money
Cons
really long hours
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMay 15, 2014
Daily duties such as forklif driving and such
most enjoyable part was that we werent monitored 24 hours basically did work on our own
Constantly Challenging
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 8, 2014
WORK
On a typical work day I wake up at about 5 a.m. to be at an account by 6-7. I get to an account with a product shipment (load), and check in with management at the store to coordinate the plan of action that day. Once we're on the same page, I'll walk the floor and write down a list of the product I need for primary and secondary locations of the product- for example, the refrigerated beer area and a display next to the deli. I'll head to the back, and begin to downstack product that I need on to a u-boat or cart.
I practice proper rotation techniques by taking the oldest product that needs to be filled from the store's current inventory (backstock). When filling the shelf I also make sure to rotate product. Most of the beer brands have clear best by dates stamped on them, making the job easy. Others don't so they're rotated by package change and simply by always putting what's needed behind what's on the shelf. After filling the shelf, checking all of the secondary locations, taking out cardboard/garbage/pallets, I check out with management and head to the next account to repeat the process.
A stockout, where the shelves are filled with backstock will usually be thrown into a load day, and other days my route consist of only stockouts.

MY EXPERIENCE
Through this job I've acquired the ability to engage random strangers, coordinate with other people on a professional level, work long hours under the weight of heavy stress, and learn about the beverage/distributor/beer industry. I think that the independence of the job will contribute greatly to my resume.

MANAGEMENT

more... is certainly a mixed bag. Communication is occasionally lacking as it relates to brands we've lost of picked up, as well as whether or not overtime is allowed. The merchandising manager, who assigns routes and which store everyone is going to for every day of the week, can be inaccurate or unintentionally misleading- not surprising given that he manages 60-70 people and hundreds of stores, fields complaints from upper management, salesman, stores, and all of the merchandisers. More communication from upper management about overtime, brand changes, and opportunities would create more synergy between upper management and the troops on the ground.

CO-WORKERS
As it is with any job, co-workers range from pleasant and helpful to rude and insane. Many of the veterans are fantastic people and sources of information you can't get anywhere else. Some of the other merchandiser are lazy, some are hardworking. The salespeople are usually intense, as they have to hit certain numbers on their orders to make money.

HARD/ENJOYABLE

The hardest part of the job is dealing with occasionally long hours and store employees that can make your job more difficult. The most enjoyable part is getting exercise at work, as well as a constantly changing environment.
Pros
steady work, summer overtime, mileage pay, industry networking, possible advancement
Cons
weekends off for route leads only, occasionally very long hours