ODW Logistics, Inc Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with competitive salary.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43207March 24, 2017
I feel that ODW Logistics was an excellent employer. The pay was good and there was room to advance with the company. I learned the processes of picking and packing as well as how to use a pallet-jack to transport good on and off of trucks.
Productiv and always on time
wharehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2017
I like driving the forklift and the clamp didn't like working every Sunday it's hot in summer cold in winter.after u top out at 14.50 no more money . The insurance is expensive and they don't let u advance in the company.
Pros
Cons
10 minutes brakes
Not what you expect.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 6, 2017
They hire you and promote and live by a motto that they don't follow themselves. They lay you off if they happen to be slow or have lost customers, does not matter if you were hired permanently. Office people get bring their relatives to work there and given favoritism. Too much gossiping and bad vibes. They have no idea still how to run a 3pl co.
Pros
free lunch once a month
Cons
positions are not secure.
Sucked
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 30, 2017
I worked there for almost 2 years and still a temp i busted my butt for that company more than alot of the odw associates did i worked in the 1590 building for pfdc and pti then i somehow got transfered to the 1600 building which was a complete joke they took the words of two stupid supervisors over mine and let me go take the job and shove it ill find a company out there that respects the hard working people odw is sure the heck not one of them
Management sucks
Replinisher equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Horrible Management. They make decisions based off their emotions. Could care less about the general associates. If you don't see eye to eye with them they immediately throw you on their bad side. When releasing people from duties, they won't tell you any reason why they just tell you your employer will contact you. They abuse the CALIFORNIA RIGHT TO WORK LAW
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Very bad management and supervisors
Fast pace and fun work enviornment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIDecember 14, 2016
Every hour we would receive in and unload a truck. Then bring it to the production line while bringing back any empty carts to be shipped back to the warehouse to be refilled. In the time inbetween I would assemble converters, count inventory, break down boxes and put them in the baler and empty the baler when needed. As well general cleaning of the work areas
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low pay
Avoid at all costs
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIDecember 2, 2016
Low pay work with a lot of headaches. No advancement opportunities. Large amounts of burnouts will be your co-workers and with poor supervision and management they make your job harder.
Pros
They hire anyone with a pulse
Cons
Low pay, Revolving door of burnouts and brain dead people.
Not what you would expect
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHNovember 7, 2016
Do not always have you do the job you were hired to do. Management just threw me in somewhere with no information. I didn't get a tour, or even introduced to whoever I was supposed to report to. The place is one big cluster, they are not organized whatsoever. Good luck getting a meal in because you only get a few short 10 minute breaks, no lunch, even unpaid.
Cons
Short breaks, no lunch, unorganized, unprofessional
Great environment, helpful colleagues
Marketing and planning intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 19, 2016
ODW was a great place for an internship. Employees across all departments are willing able to help. The leadership provided ample freedom to work independently, which was a plus, but help was only the click of email or a question away. The best part of the job was co-workers, it made enjoying coming to work easy every morning and it made leaving hard each evening.
Fun workplace.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 29, 2016
All of the workers are friendly and hard working. It is an enjoyable job but not much work is available.The hiring managers are kind though at times they are rude or narcissistic. One day you are told to be in one area though when you get to work you are written up for being in the wrong area.
hit and miss, if you can work that day
Material Handler/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 23, 2016
No real job security there for anyone. Hours were maybe a full shift or not at all.
unstable employment.
not enough equipment at times
Bad place to work
N/A (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 14, 2016
The corporate office , needs to find better management, the once they have don't know how to run the place, forklift drivers you dont drive , use pallets Jacks and pick orders....This place was good but they have wrong people .
Pros
N/A
Cons
10 minute breaks, 30 minute lunch
Horrible place
case picker (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 7, 2016
Management is lost, No drug test. Working with a bunch of pot heads that smoke weed at breaks. Only work here if your're desperate.
Pros
Cons
Bad Management, They dont drug test everyone, Questionable background checks on new hires.
Not the best place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 21, 2016
Temps are there for years before offered a full time spot. Buildings are way to hot. Some buildings only have 1 ladies restroom that takes 10 minutes to walk to. You can't park in the parking lot close to the building you work at. Due to parking restrictions. You don't get a lunch just 10 minute breaks every few hours.
Cons
No lunch break, hot buildings, walking distance from parking lot to buildings
Its a good work place, very friendly staff
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2016
A typical work day for me is to get to my tuck 45mins before my appointment write in all my info for the load I'm going to pick up then make it up there for pick up in time.
I've learned that time is crucial for Dedicated freight to be on time and that there is a score system that grades companies on how often they are on time.
Management is often precise on letting us drivers know what we needed to know to make pickup quick and easy but also understanding when things like traffic get in the way or directions.
The hardest part for me of the job was sometimes waiting for hours to get loaded or unloaded. The most enjoying part of my job is the ride.
ODW is Growing!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 13, 2016
This company is committed to growth and is developing current staff to take on leadership roles and grow within the company. ODW offers professional and leadership development classes which shows their investment and commitment to the current work force. You have to be willing to put in the effort and work hard, but they are actively looking for leaders. It's a time of opportunity at ODW.
Long hours short notice, no respect for lunch or breaks.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 9, 2016
Too many hours, not organized.No communication, no team work
Learned a new system. Learned a new product. learned new skills.
Cons
lots of overtime, picnics, health benefits.
Growing Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 24, 2016
ODW leadership has made a commitment to growth and that will provide opportunities for all staff members. ODW is committed to its current workforce and offers opportunities for professional development and leadership training. Staff is expected to work hard and go the extra mile, but is rewarded for their efforts. The senior management team is renewing its focus on the company values of Trust, Team and Opportunity. While no company is perfect, this company strives to live by its values and looks for opportunities to improve when necessary.
Pros
Great work/life balance, Family oriented culture
Cons
Growth will be hard, but worth it
What I learned
Sr. Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 3, 2016
While my time with ODW, I learned that all WMS need to be managed as you grow your business. Took on some new accounts that needed dynamic and permanent pick locations had to work with the local IT team to make the enhancements to our local system.
Not a secure structure
Pros
Enhanced my IT knowledge
Cons
Not a secure structure
ok job not enough pay
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 4, 2016
loading and unloading trucks long hours with not enough pay they expect you to work overtime with short to no notice barely give raises and when they do its not enough compensation!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ODW Logistics, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9