ODW Logistics, Inc

ODW Logistics, Inc Employee Reviews

Lose weight, gain muscle. Get certified in fork/trucks.
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJanuary 14, 2016
Clock in, daily start meeting. Get to work.

Learned how to operate, reach truck, walk-rider, electric sit down and propane sit down. How to use a RF scan gun. load and unload trucks. Put away bulk.

Typical Cooperate American Management.

Co-workers, good people on a personal level. Thrive to get the job done for the day.

Nothing is hard for anyone who puts their mind and will to it.

Clocking out at the end of the shift.
Pros
Overtime, Good Money
Cons
Overtime, No Life
Chaotic work atmosphere, management not in touch with customers not customer focused, click mentality, too many employees dating management
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHDecember 20, 2015
Started out working in the special projects area which is more like receiving at the 1590 building. Putting shipments away, then went to Perfect Timing to pick and pack, the hours are atrocious mandatory 10 hours a day seven days a week. No time off this went on for 5 months. The temporary service is a joke. They did not even know where you were working at no pay increases as promised no reviews when you were due them. Some temporary associates have been there for more than 2 years and ODW has not hired them as permanent employees because they don't have to pay benefits. Management is way out of control, money has gone missing from accounts from customers and theft is very high. When money goes missing from accounts they try to cover it up as a loss for other reasons when it is management really stealing it. Racist employment atmosphere derogatory working environment unprofessional management and just not a place I would ever recommend to anyone. ODW employees make fun of everyone and gossip about everyone even if they do not know you. They are vicious and nasty to all who do not fit their idea of an employee most are alcoholics and drug addicts, even the management is nasty and derogatory to employees including upper management
Pros
No Pros
Chaotic and disorganized
General labor (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioDecember 10, 2015
No organization. Work is chaotic and inconsistent. Jumping around to different departments constantly. Impossible to receive actual training due to the inconsistencies and chaos. Companies only idea of training is to talk to you about what needs to be done for five minutes, which only leaves you lost and confused. They have outdated equipment and pc programs. And it's an extremely filthy environment, you leave looking like a greasy mechanic from all the dirt in the warehouse. Filth like that can be hazardous to a persons health.
Pros
No pros about this company
Cons
Too many to list see review
learning enviorment
employee benefits
friendly management
clean warehouse
very safe place to work
Pros
great place
Cons
little OT
Great enviornment enjoyed coworkers and management
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2015
Started in as part time but was able to advance to full time by creating a position needed. Enjoyed working with co-workers, worked in a close knit office. Had daily projects to complete with A/R but was able to have a variety in additional projects.
Pros
Able to learn and grow
Company supervisors disregarded safety issues.Employees would conspire to benefit to managrment for personnel gains at warehouse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Obetz, OHOctober 17, 2015
Company was not very friendly to employees ,benefits and vacation time below industry standards. New workers very dissatisfied had a big quite ratio.
Pros
not many
Cons
Poor company standards
Warehouse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  waukesha wiAugust 31, 2015
I learned how to cycle count. Typical day without breaks or lunches. Not a place to move up in the company. I like driving the forklift.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
some times no lunch
Not going back
Merchandise Processor/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 11, 2015
A typical day included sorting cargo by order number. Learned to sort cargo by Postal or Vender number. Co-workers were very fun to be around.
Very enjoyable work life
Account Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 8, 2015
This company was very enjoyable place to work. I learned what it takes to launch new products and markets. It had a lasting impression my career.
Easy to comprehend, lacking leadership.
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJuly 22, 2015
My co-workers were the redeeming quality of this facility. The people I worked with were easy to get along with and extremely helpful.

For a good portion of my employment, management was too preoccupied to assist with issues at the New Berlin facility. The hardest part of the job was critical thinking/problem solving without the backup of our management.

I enjoyed the laid-back environment and being able to overcome daily challenges.
good atmosphere
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 6, 2015
great pay the hours a are little long sometimes you have to work 11+.
Not Climate controlled, but other then that a great place.
Fun quick moving enviorment
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 30, 2015
Close knit like workplace environment. Fast paced and always changing work assignments. Enjoyable fun staff and managers.
Pros
Frequent Breaks
Cons
Mandatory weekends during busy season
Okay job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 21, 2015
A lot of physical work. The position was temporary. You will get a great workout. Would recommend if you did not want to stay for a long time. More geared towards college students home for vacations
Productive and safe work environoment
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 14, 2015
long work days on your feet the entire work shift
learned to work as a team
the hardest part of the job would be lifting and moving the heavier boxes
working as a team
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks and hot inside warehouse
Nice work place in getting started in the future.
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus,OhApril 23, 2015
Arrive on time to clock in, have a group meeting about what task needs completed by the end of shift. I learn how to extend my skills in communication, working as a team player, multitasking. My management is pretty much on top of getting the job done in a fashionable manner, no problems.I am a people person so I get along well with my team member, always willing to give a helping hand and or provided any information needed to help better asset in getting the job done. I say sometimes making strategy to maintain a manageable time period to have the job done by ending shift. I can pull up to 4500 cases a night. When everyone is insnc with time and count, so that the job is done smoothly and swiftly.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
not having a set clock out time
Not a good place too work if you are a hard working they do not reward the good one only the bad workers.
drdriver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 2, 2015
Managers suck, not all of them just a few I know the company is there to server there customer But you still have employees, pay is not good you don't get vacation sick time only PTO and when you use it they don't like it, and the force you to work Saturdays or don't through the week if you miss a day even if you don't want to make up the time and if you don't its a point on your attendance record.
Pros
Sorry no pros.
Cons
Healthcare, pay, time off

Comment – April 28, 2015

ODW Logistics is a Third Party Logistics provider so sometimes there is mandatory weekend work based on the customers demands. There is a point system but many companies have a more strict point system.

Needed more room to grow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 30, 2015
I was a temp for close to three and a half years. By my fourth year I was hired on full-time. I had worked in several accounts for the company. I always had the greatest management while working there. The hardest part of my day was learning how to drive a fork lift. The most enjoyable part of my day was working along side of great people. Working at ODW Logistics taught me how to be a leader and take pride in my work.
Pros
great individuals
Cons
took too long to get hired on
In general a good place to work. Supervisors are very helpful in the training process and encourage you to ask questions.
Inventory Auditor (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHMarch 25, 2015
I enjoy my job. My coworkers for the most part are helpful and friendly. Inventory can be a tedious job, but not here. It's so much more than just counting parts. you have to make sure the count is right by using something called a line thread. This tells you how many of a certain part you should have after every truck built with that part on it. The hardest part of the job for me is all the walking, but you do get used to it. The most enjoyable part is satisfaction when your counts come out right.
Pros
You get a lot of exercise, They buy us lunch several times a year, The health insurance is affordable.
Cons
Not as many paid holidays as other places I've worked.
Great place to work for a seasonal position.
Pallet Repairer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day at work would be coming into the shift with a positive and self motivated attitude in order to have a productive day. I would due my daily equipment check and perform my daily task. I've learned how to operate different pieces of equipment such as the stand-up forklift and the Turik lift. Management on my shift were really laid back, they didn't watch over you as much as long as you were working. My co-workers were great people to work with. We motivated and helped each other throughout our shift, this made our time at work much safer, easier and more productive than the 1st or 2nd shift. The hardest part of the job is only when you don't get enough rest before your shift to do the job, there wasn't anything hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have completed my orders above expectations and the customers receive their orders on time.
busy fun plae
Customer Service Representative 3PL (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAJanuary 11, 2015
worked there for many years and it was great. but company went out of business.
Pros
great workplace people
Cons
company went out of business