ODW Logistics, Inc Employee Reviews

good job
Oh - Fort lift warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2018
great job to get started and get back on your feet, the staff was very nice , lots of room for improvement and growth. if you dont like the job your doing just speak and they will move you to another building
Very productive and fun and fast paced
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2018
I enjoyed working in different accounts and loved the fact they taught me forklift...I had my license for 2.5 years...they had even taught me management skills
Pros
Forklift license
Cons
Different
Great environment, fantastic people
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 8, 2018
I worked here for a few months in 2015 before I had to take a long term medical leave, but I was extremely sad to say goodbye. My supervisors and coworkers were the best, and I loved what I did every single day. It’s fast-paced at times and slower at others, but there’s always something to do. I don’t know much about working in the warehouses, but I can say the office environment in Waukesha is great!
Nice place
Shipping & Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 2, 2018
Good place to work at. For the most part pretty organize. Good work environment. Good benefits. Management can be rough at times but most of the time the are good.
Productive place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43207December 19, 2017
great company. I enjoyed going to work everyday. Is like every company with the up and down but more good than bad. I would refer people to apply for this company.
productive and busy place to work at, fast woriking facility with lots of work culture. friendly place to work at.. love the people..
whse lead (Former Employee) –  Chino, CADecember 13, 2017
productive and busy place to work at, fast woriking facility with amazing people to work with.. loved working there.. always something new to work with and always busy.. there's always something to do to keep you busy all day..
Productive and fun place to work
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHDecember 10, 2017
A typical day would be fast-paced. I learned how to operate every machine in the building. Management was very fair and involved. The workplace culture was very diverse. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the different methods they would put in place. I enjoyed going home knowing i gave 100%.
Pros
people came to me with questions.
Cons
The slow seassons.
Most Competitive enjoyable job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 6, 2017
Enjoyed most coworkers because we did things as a team. Some as a family. Enjoyed the pay and hours. Management was one of the best i have ever worked for.
good working environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 26, 2017
it was a fast paced job with a lot of good workers. Everybody worked together and management were really well respected and got the job done .working for ODW was fun and they took care of there workers very well with benefits packages and paid holidays .
Work at ODW Hazelwood the management is very bad
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2017
Managed very poorly inventory is jacked up management and supervisors do not know what they’re doing treat temps like they’re homeless people will fire u for anything
Pros
2:30 off
Cons
Not good place to work
Fast pace and Growing company that is on the rise!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2017
ODW Logistics is a family owned company for almost 50 years. They have come along way and are still growing. ODW Logistics is committed to the community. They have donated a lot of money over the years to their local community. A Few examples are Big Brothers and Sisters and the American Heart Association.
Pros
Family Owned Company
Cons
Family Owned Company
Like co workers and customers over all job but not management.
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 7, 2017
Management is very poor, individual will not listen to anything you have to say even trying to improve the business customer relationship. Management puts everything on the leads and drivers management is never around doesn't even know what the job details are but tells you to push individuals in a unsafe manner pass peoples abilities I just don't want to be part of this.
Pros
Earn pto time weekly
Poor Poor management 2nd Shift
Pit Operator (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CANovember 3, 2017
2nd shift lead completely incompetent, lacks experience, knowledge and common sense. Not sure who she got this position... Kimco warehouse down the street better pay and overall structure.
Pros
Distance from home
odw
Home health aide (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43207October 24, 2017
I work at odw a typical day at work is doing picking. some time I do labeling and sometime not. I go the location and find the items and place them on my ballet, scan the items and move on to next. Management are very decent. I like the culture of odw.
Pros
great culture
Cons
short breaks
West Coast HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 25, 2017
Great Culture and environment.
Fast peace and start up company in CA
Extended hours, holidays are required so you need to be really flexible.
A lot of turn out in management so you really need to be flexible and patient to adapt to new management styles.
Average pay
Regular benefit/ compensation packet
Warehouse environment
Lack of personnel so you need to be able to rotate, and cross train in different areas/
A lot of opportunity to grow
great team
Great environment
Great Team Delvelopment
Awesome upper Sr. management
Gym discounts
Tuition Reimbursement available for qualifying employees
We frequently work under pressure
Peak season is from October to January each year
Capability of working with third party companies , temps etc
Pros
great culture and enviroment
Cons
extended hours short notice, lack of life balance
Great People Great Place
Industrial Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 22, 2017
I was an Industrial Engineering Intern at ODW Logistics and Waukesha and I was treated with respect by both management, and hourly associates. Enjoyed my time there.
Decent
Temporary Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2017
The work is pretty easy. 8 hour shifts. standing in one spot stacking boxes on skids to a specific height. Wrap the skids and send them off. Much diversity and friendly employees.
Productive worplace
RF Picker, Replenishment, Truck Loading (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 6, 2017
Great atmosphere and place to work but most times preferred to hire outside company for advancement opportunities instead of people who are familiar with the day to day process and already have a rapport with the workers.
Pros
great communication from LEADERS TO TEAM MEMBERS
Cons
preferred to promote from outside of company most times.
Decent job after high school, management could have been better.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJuly 19, 2017
I worked for this company briefly after I graduated high school. The workplace culture was very monotone, no energy at all. People come in, do the work, and leave eventually. Management hardly ever engaged with employees.
Great Company
Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2017
The company was great to work for in a whole, however there were issues such as poor management decisions that would be vital to the team or even individuals. Poor judgment calls would be made in the associates expense, as well as poor planning and execution, frequent lying to the customer and they would write you up if you told the customer the truth. Nobody ever took responsibility for their own actions it was always someone else's fault when something went wrong. But as I said the company in itself is actually a great place to work, complete with great benefits, and competitive pay and they advertise that they promote from within (just an illusion). They do have a great working environment with friendly polite people, and the work itself is easy enough to do that the pay is way more than enough to accommodate.
Pros
great environment, great benefits
Cons
short breaks, and poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ODW Logistics, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6