Odyl is a New York City-based startup that connects authors and publishers with readers. Our flagship technology powers the Facebook presence of many NY Times Bestselling authors and all of the Big Six publishers (and our clients love us). We're located in the heart of SoHo. Odyl is continually innovating new ways for authors to grow their audience and for readers to find amazing books.
Our product development is defined by a lean and agile development philosophy.
Odyl is seeking an Audience Development Lead who can recommend and implement effective audience development, social media and community building strategies. You will be responsible to drive all aspects of audience development including: analytics, product adaptation, search engine optimization, social media measurement and traffic partnerships. You will be responsible to drive traffic and online engagement and report directly to the CEO. You will also be central in enhancing both product development and content creation and be both Data Analyst and Audience Development ninja rolled into one.
Lead as the key interpreter of data, translating vast amounts of information into action-oriented recommendations for product enhancements.
- Grow the audience for Odyl products and services
- Develop both paid and organic audience growth strategies
- Define and monitor key audience metrics
- Devise and execute a/b tests and analyze the impact of development sprints
that are key to our Lean development approach
- Utilize data to refine and identify new product features for audience optimization
- Increase performance using data-driven insights on content performance
- Evaluate referral sources, engagement metrics, search, social, marketing campaign
reporting, in order to develop a deep understanding of the sites' user behaviors.
- Segmentation and cohort reporting as needed to understand user behavior
- Build a robust, successful and continually improving email marketing strategy
You have extensive digital media experience and expertise at analyzing online consumer behavior, turning data into actionable information. You have an obsession with web analytics, including customer segmentation, modeling, path analysis, real-time analytics, viral coefficients and cycle times. Entrepreneurial instincts and the ability to work independently are essential.
- At least 2 yrs Expertise with tools like google analytics, kissmetrics, chartbeat, geckoboard, crazy egg, Facebook insights, mailchimp and spreadsheets.
- Experience with social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills as this is an extremely cross-functional role
- Bachelors degree required
- Curiosity and enthusiasm to make a huge impact in the web app/service space
- A love of books and reading
- BS degree emphasizing quantitative coursework (engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics, statistics or economics) (or, in lieu of degree, 4 years of work