Odyssey Cruises Employee Reviews

No Comment
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 23, 2015
I am a professional, I do not like to talk bad about someone else's actual business unless it is a horrible place. Every work place has it's good and bad.
Pros
Good food.
Cons
Short breaks/almost non existent, no growth or benefits.
customer
bartender (Former Employee) –  washington dc2010October 14, 2015
hello I appy for that job its a high turn over all the time the training is not organized at all they always hiring for new crew member half off them don't show up for work
Pros
lunch
Cons
dinner
Fun job but low pay and prejudice captain kills it, brown nose behavior encouraged
First Mate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2015
In the beginning it was a fun place to work. Fellow coworkers for the most part were some of the most awesome people to work. To this day I still think fondly of many of them. You get to meet and work with people of all kinds and from all walks of life which was great. Looks good on resume too. Long hours and lots of work was welcomed but after a while it becomes too much since the pay was so low. Promotions were not hard to come by if you worked your butt off. Uniforms are sharp but company makes you pay for them and they are not cheap, which I always thought was bull considering the wage they start you at. Anyway, if it wasn't because I met my wife there I honestly have to say that every thing good was greatly diminished by one particular captain. Also the butt kissing nature of other employees sometimes made it hard to know who you could trust. One last thing, being part of the marine crew means a great deal of responsibility and for the pay it really isn't worth it.
Pros
free lunch sometimes, great coworkers sometimes, fun place sometimes
Cons
way too much work, low pay especially for the responsibility, head captain
Fun workplace
Server's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 29, 2012
Beautiful experience. Beautiful boat...good food. Training was great. Co workers works well together (team work)
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare and river rats
this job was very great job. i loved this job.
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 31, 2012
productive, safe, and fun place to work. customer service is a high priority of this company