Odyssey House Employee Reviews

I enjoy working there
Admission Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 30, 2017
Odyessey house tought be how to communicate and engage with different client I'll differently recommend anyone to work there i really grow mentally socially and physically strong and the staff members are ever respectful and friendly
patients cant be trying
Process sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2017
need patience when dealing with people under stressful conditions living in a shelter which have rules and curfews. other than that it is rewarding helping someone in these trying times.
Non profit that has strict methods
Therapist- Substance Abuse/Dual Diagnosis (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 28, 2017
They are very boundary and rule oriented. I found the staff to be lacking in any compassion and would actually be what I thought was abusive to some clients. They are non profit and paid low. My managers and the clinical staff were professional and appropriate and were fairly easy to work with.
Pros
good experience
Cons
low pay
not to much help
Food Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 13, 2017
This job was only temporary it was not long term wasn't very many people on my team to help me with our daily requirements, and the management was not too involved.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
not much help
Its ok
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2017
Enjoy working at Odyssey House but they don't ever give raises. This place is very flexible, with my position I am able to switch my hours. Love my schedule!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay never changes
Good benefits for my family
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 13, 2017
Good place to work. Collaborative environment, team pulls together to help clients. Typical day at work is keeping all of the facilities running well. Admin team is progressive and proactive. My supervisor is kind and understanding
Benefits
Cons
Working in the treatment environment can be difficult for some people
Odyssey House Rocks!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 12, 2017
Odyssey House is an employee-centered environment. They are family friendly and the benefits are excellent. My hours are somewhat flexible and the career growth potential is great.
Fun environment
Clinical Counselor (temporary position) (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Its a wonderful place to work for. I truly enjoyed the compassion displayed by the counselors and mu direct supervisor. They are definately client centetred because it is always about the safety and security of the clients
Pros
Excellent teamwork
I only worked 4 hours per week at the YSC house
YSC house RN (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 18, 2017
Job was easy and simple, you worked at your own pace with minimal supervision. It was nice working with youth and the counselor's at the house were very easy to get along with.
Pros
Easy work, little stress, no rush
Cons
only was 4 hours per week average
Very hard environment to grow
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 8, 2017
I believe any job is what you make of it. This company limits growth and the atmosphere can be very unsafe, because of the population and lack of security
Pros
opportunity to promote recovery
Cons
Lack of support
Great networking opportunities
Court Liaison (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2017
Everyday I worked wth the court system and drug courts to assess individuals to deem them fit to get accepted into a rehabiliation program. Upon completion, the case is sealed
Pros
Helping people get help and assisting with helping them get a second chance at life
Cons
When people don't make it
Emotional, Stressful, but Rewarding place to see people change and grow
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 7, 2017
A typical day of work was fairly stressful, as clients were often difficult people due to past problems. But because they were working to overcome those problems it was very rewarding to see them change and learn to deal with issues over time. The program is filled with good people who struggle with day to day issues, and we were generally allowed to make a positive impact on those around us. It was an honor to work at Odyssey House, even when things were hard, and I would do it again.
Loved my job and the people who I worked directly with in the clinic.
Medical Coder/Biller (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 14, 2017
I loved the clients that we got to help daily through their struggles with addiction. But the company itself overworks their employees with too many jobs.
productive Place to Work
Residential Aid (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2016
The Supervisors were very hard to work with and played Favorites and it was very hard to advance under that current Management.
Pros
Great Organization
Cons
Definitely fast paced and busy
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2016
I did all the paperwork there. I assigned beds for clients. Did paperwork for their legal appointments. Put them alphabetically into the system. Did clients intake and discharge paperwork. I kept the count of the population.
Pros
Seeing people change their lives for the better
Cons
Clients relapsing
productive environment
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2016
great starter job,dont get comfortable ,12 to 8 shift. residents are like family.. a great environment to work in. they will work with your schedule.
Productive place to work
Medical Assistant/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2016
Management and staff were very kind and always helpful. I'm grateful to have had the experience working for East Side Gynecology because I learned so much while being there.
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10003July 25, 2016
Work tends to fly by when you enjoy what you do. Working at Odyssey, I gained more customer service along with strengthening my organizational skills.
Procurement/In-kind donations
Procurement Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 18, 2016
Outbound calls asking for donations to help the clients or facilities. Supervision of department employees and donations received. Reviewed and analyze In-kind monthly reports.
Get your money for a while and quit on your terms
RSS (Former Employee) –  new orleans louisiana, LAMay 2, 2016
Facility is fility, kids will fight and curse u out, its cold af at nights, living conditions for kids are terrible, adolescents Academy supervisor don't have your back, takes kids side on anything, they lie during the interview process, not safe to work if u are a young or small female, kids are ages 12-17 and they pick up things to throw or fight with
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Management, getting cussed out by kids, not safe environment, no room for advancement, not loyal to employee, will write u up for anything