Off Broadway Shoes

Off Broadway Shoes Employer Reviews

sales
cashier (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLApril 28, 2014
a typical day was to make sure we tryed to up peoples sales by trying to add to there pruchase
Very Enjoyable and busy place to work
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 12, 2014
Very busy being located in Destiny Mall, very classy and clean store. Flexible with work hours.
retail, productive
Sale Associate (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 21, 2014
A lot of sales involved, not fun, management needs to improve.
exclusive
part-time manager (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 11, 2014
Off Broadway Shoes was a nice place to work at and also payment was based on commission. It was encouraging to sell shoes. and every day would be different from another. The most important part was to keep yourself motivated to make sales.
Hostile environment
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, ncJanuary 6, 2014
Cons: short breaks, hostile environment
Set up new greensboro store entire team fired for little to no reason after store set up manager allowed to disrespect and antagonize employees! Humiliated & degraded this store will never make goal with the terrible treatment of its employees recruited to be left unemployed. No customer repor rules apply and dont apply to whoever and whenever at any – more... time no set policy that governs everyone equally this place should be reported and shut down immediately for discrimination & verbal abuse from manager even when reported its ignored and treated as an inconvenience to listen to unfair practices and absolutely nothing is done! They will lose every customer and create disgruntled employees with the intense hostile environment created by the store manager – less
horrible job
sales associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: just about everything
one of the most horrific companies I have ever worked for. Management was bad. The company pays very little. I would suggest that people not try and make a career there.
great job very busy
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CANovember 14, 2013
Responsibilities:
• Opening and closing responsibilities to include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
Cash Control, including POS Operations
Deposits
Accounting and Bookkeeping
Doors, Locks, and Security Systems
•Inventory Control responsibilities to include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
Shipping and – more... Receiving
Markdowns of Merchandise
Singles and Mis-mates
Damaged Merchandise
Conducting a Physical Inventory
• Sales Floor Merchandising and Visual Presentation responsibilities include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
Merchandise placement
Sales floor maintenance and housekeeping
Promotional Signage used per plan
• Payroll Control responsibilities include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
Submission of work schedules on a timely basis
Adherence to established weekly hour budgets
Daily and weekly hour analysis
• Loss Prevention responsibilities include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
Protection and control of all Company Assets
Training of all store associates on Loss Prevention practices, skills and standards
• Work towards a complete understanding of managing an Off Broadway Shoes store.

Customer service Specialist/Positive Reinforcement Recruiter

Traveled to all New Store openings, Trained / hired the staff on outstanding customer service and help open the store

Achievements:
Had several customers contact corporate and thank them for my outstanding customer service
Received a plaque for outstanding customer service (Award hasn’t been given out in 7 years)
Traveling to open new stores and hiring/training the staff – less
Productive.
Information Systems/Security Manager (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 11, 2013
My co-workers work hard and always ready to learn new technology.
organized place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orange,CANovember 5, 2013
helped customers at work
also learned to mingle with different people
management was good
co workers were nice
A fun place to work. Great leadership
Assistant Manager in Training (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: the discounts
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work, is selling shoes and shoe care. Helping customers with finding shoes or helping them find shoes to go with an outfit.. Also helping brides and students find shoes for their special day.
What I have learned in this company is how to help conflicts and how to always make the customers happy. Time management, customer service skills, – more... and how to work my way up in the company.
The hardest part of my job is an unhappy customer I like to see ever happy when they walk in and out of the store with a bag in their hand.
My coworkers are fun to work with we help each other when its needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is a smiling customer – less
fast paced and amazing co-workers
Payroll manager (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: free shoes and accessories give away
Cons: had to work some weekends if payroll needed to be done.
A typical day at Off Broadway Shoes for me was fast paced and great. I learned how to work in an office environment which I quickly realized is the environment that I wanted to work in and flourished in. I also learned some administrative and clerical work along with payroll. I moved up quickly from receptionist to payroll assistant and then to payroll – more... manager. My day started with looking at my emails and entering in any new hires, I polled the clocks for 76 stores all over the US, faxed the daily hours sheets to each store, and if it was a Monday I would do weekly and or biweekly totals for the stores to verify. If it was a payroll week I would also upload the hours and verify that all of the checks had the correct hours paid for. Then the mail would arrive and I would make sure all of the needed new hire paperwork was accounted for for each new hire and maintain the personnel files. There was always something to do in the payroll department, which is what I loved. I could always go to management if I had any question or a problems with a stores payroll or anyone not following the handbook and they would talk to me about what we could and would do to fix the problem. My co-workers were awesome, very easy to talk to and get along with, we would set up after work activities such as game night and diner. The hardest part of my job was benefits enrollment for the years that I did it. Some of the employees did not understand our insurance and would get very upset about the answers they were hearing. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interacting with the store managers and employees. I really liked getting to know them and helping them whenever I could with their payroll questions. – less
Great place to work!
Sales associate (Current Employee), sacramento,caAugust 8, 2013
Pros: job security and nice customers
Cons: not much opportunity to move up
Off Broadway Shoes is a very pleasant place to work. The store doesn't get very much foot traffic so most days we spend time recovering the store, doing mark-downs, making improvements to the appearance and skuing. (making sure everything is in its place)
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: contests the company would provide
Learned quite a lot about shoe retail . Different aspects of retail selling.
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2013
Pros: the discount
Cons: everything
I would not recommend this job to anyone! The management is terrible there is no structure. This store was located in a very odd location not surrounded by other shops so business was low so the payroll was low. Good luck on getting above 32 hours per week! The store manager is allowed to treat the employees and managers horribly so the turnover is – more... unbelievably high with sales associates and management. If you get a call from this place run away, run far far away! This is not the place you want to waste your time at! – less
very fast paste environment
head cashier and supervisor i provide backup (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMay 25, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: heathcare
i love working in the environment were you can meet different people every day.i love to learn different things each day sometimes i try to learn different languages.The best part of my job is making my costormers happy when they leave the store.
Lack of Diversity and Fraternization
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2013
Pros: discount price of shoes to employees
Cons: not enough hours to make a decent living
Lack of diversity and most of the employees and management staff were mostly of hispanic background.

Hispanic employees were mostly favored over non-hispanics.
great job
Manager (Former Employee), denver CONovember 8, 2012
great job and great place to stay if i did not find another job i would have stayed and maybe moved up
Provides Great Customer Service
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wellington, FLOctober 30, 2012
Pros: great co-workers, flexible work schedules, and organized
Cons: not enough hours, benefits, and short breaks
At Off Broadway Shoes, we provide a great deal of customer service and greetings when customers enter our store. The store is mainly a wide variety of shoes and accessories to compliment the shoes for your attire. I've leanred from working with Off Broadway different techinques and procedures to the store and always providing customer assistance and – more... greetings everytime. The management staff at Off Broadway is wonderful and always ready to help when any staff member needs assistance and mostly on top of everything going on for our business. My co-workers are great, they have good work ethics and we always make sure to help one another out in any task, when cashiering and helping with customers. I would say the hardest part of the job would be to get all shipments out and organized; it can interfere with the helping of customers at times but for the most part, we get the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job is enjoying the atmosphere of the work enviroment, it's safe and fun. – less
Fun and up beat atmosphere,
Manager (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNAugust 29, 2012
Pros: you interact with different people every day
Cons: short breaks, i never have the weekends off
A typical day at work consists of putting out stock, answering phones, paperwork, interacting with customers, and managing sales associates.

I have gained better work ethics, time management, teamwork, problem solving, and the value of customer service.

While all levels of management focus on the big picture and success of the company, lower level – more... management is more laid back, personable, and hands-on. Upper level management is more formal, and direct.

My co-workers range from the age of 16 to 30, so there is a wide range of maturity level in the workplace. We tend to hire people that are up beat, friendly, and easy to talk to since our company focuses so much on customer service.

I wouldn't say this is the hardest part of my job, rather the most frustrating would be projects are never ending. Since I work in retail we are constantly moving, changing, and reorganizing merchandise. There is never a finished product.

The most enjoyable part of this job are my co-workers. Being around people that I get along with makes going to work fun and interesting. – less
excellent training
Assistant/Store Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 15, 2012
Great management and training. Dedicated to providing great customer service and developing the sales staff.