Off Broadway Shoes Employee Reviews

boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJuly 18, 2017
At first I really used to like my job but as years go by you start to realize that not only does corparate not care about their employess but so does Management as well. At least the store I work for doesn't! They take advantage of sales associates like management gives their own tasks to do to sales people on the floor when it's not their job. Another thing I hate is when they ask for "help" in another words is can you do it apart from all other stuff you have to worry about. The managers are lazy they just relax in the back acting like there busy. Not a full time job,no benefits,favoritism, over work you baby their new employess while the ones with more experience are expected to do more plus no raise! It's ok for managers to call off on weekends but when one of the sales associate do it they make a big deal. You literally have to beg people to sign up for the loyalty rewards . Wouldn't rwcomment working here.
Pros
discounts
Cons
hard work goes Unoticed!
Average
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 25, 2017
I love shoes, so I thought this would be the perfect job for me. I enjoyed it for a couple of weeks until you really get to figure out the management and other employees. It's a very slow paced and kinda boring job. The day/night just kinda drags on.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Great co-workers
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 23, 2017
The employees are wonderful at every store I have visited. At work there is always something to do and it is rare that you're bored. You're always meeting new people as they consistently hire on new employees, and you get to interact with the general public. Normal day consists of general retail duties, store cleaning and some cash handling. My position required me to hold a key and help manage employee behaviors and workload for stocking/sales floor to ensure things were done in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job would be communicating with leadership and the inconsistencies in scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with.
Pros
great discount on all products at OBSW and Rack Room Shoes.
Cons
No room for advancement. Higher up managers can be very demanding.
Good place to start your first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 10, 2017
This was my first real job growing up, and it taught me a lot.l I learned how to deal with customers, and my fellow co workers. My manager always tried to help me grow further within the company. I used to love to go into work.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
little pay
Room for growth
Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 9, 2017
There's a lot of room for advancement and growth within the company. Great benefits for full time employees. Typical retail environment; fast pace, long hours.
Great people to work with
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orangevale, CAJune 5, 2017
This company is great to work for. They just are not very good at promoting from with-in and taking care of the people they already have. Some of their procedures are not time effective and/or use each individuals best attributes.
Productive day at workplace
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAMay 30, 2017
The day working at Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse was the best experience I had. Working in retail, for Off Broadway taught me many skills that I didn't know how to do. What I learned, I learned how to look up a product on the store's computer and let the costumer know we may or may not have it in store but online. The management their was very respectful and understanding. The hardest part of the job was nothing. I liked working at Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse, it lead me to the path of wanting to work in retail.
Boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 25, 2017
This job is like watching a clock for hours and hours. It is extremely slow. You don't really talk to anyone. In fact, I didn't even know the names of half my co workers. All you do is walk around and straighten up shoes. They will have you work 8 to 10 hour shifts. This job gets extremely boring.
Great place to learn customer service
Associate (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMay 25, 2017
Very busy on weekends. High paced work place. Flexible hours. Good employee discount also! Decent benefits. Learn a variety of different skills. No paid holidays.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no paid holidays
It's a very busy, yet fun environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 22, 2017
During the week, it is fairly slow. The weekends are our busiest times for us, except for the summer time when everyone is out of school. Then its busy all the time. The management is getting better. The hardest part about my job is assisting customers when it's super busy, although I get the job done, it's still a little complicated. The most enjoyable part of my job are the rest of the employees, and how well we get along.
interesting place to work, not enough opportunity to grow and advance within company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 18, 2017
Management bounced around a lot from two different locations while I worked at off-Broadway shoes. Never really got the opportunity to get to know my management team.The work was simple, but there was a lot of pressure in regards to the surveys customers filled out and there were many steps and procedure to try to get customers to sign up for their rewards program. A typical day at work there was simply cleaning everything and greeting customer's. On busy days we would assist customers in answering questions and finding product.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
ever changing management, co-workers
Productive and fun
Retail/Sales (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 15, 2017
Can be stressful at times but most of the time is slow paced. Product placement is easy when helping customers find what they are looking for. Loyalty can be hard to achieve when trying to get customers to signup.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Easy Job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 12, 2017
I worked here for a short period time. I liked the other teenagers that worked there. However, for management I didn't care much for. I don't appreciate how my efforts and excellent customer service went unnoticed.
Pros
40 percent off all shoes as a working discount.
Cons
The pay is $8.50 for sale associates
Highly recommend for high school students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNMay 9, 2017
Very laid back and relaxed environment except on days when it is very busy obviously. Everyone gets along and I love my manager, he's cool and flexible. This position is very ideal for high schoolers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
repetitive work, not enough pay for associates looking for full time
Good job.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 4, 2017
This was a good job. The only thing is they they aren't too good and flexible with out of work life. Since I do go to school and need time for that. Okay job.
Friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOApril 28, 2017
Easy job requires knowledge on how to operate a register and how to greet and assist costumers in the store. You will rearrange and stalk shoes and provide assistance to customers as they shop. you will tag shoes and make labels and also try to up sell products to customers.
Very nice and professional
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75093April 22, 2017
Dressing professionally is what was mainly required of me as well as my customer service skills.I learned a lot about shoe sizes, boxing, shipment and shipping etc. Management is nice as well as the working culture. Hardest part of job is keeping everything looking untouched.
Great location that understands work/life balances
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MO 64506April 20, 2017
This location was very consistently one of the best locations I have ever worked. The management here is more concerned with your well-being and ability to balance work and home, rather than whether or not you have never missed a single day of work.
Pros
Exceptional management, great crew
Cons
Short breaks
Day at the shoe store
Key Holder Manager in Trainin (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 19, 2017
A rewarding and comfortable atmosphere. The team works well together and we help one another. The management is understanding and works with staff members, assists them to succeed and creates a friendly working environment.
Awesome workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 11, 2017
Working at this company has been the best and most helpful. I learned how to be a good sales associate and be able to know how cashier works. A typical day is come in on time and greet customers as they walk in and offer them assistance.
Pros
Nice and helpful employees