Off Broadway Shoes

Off Broadway Shoes United States Employee Reviews

Great learning experience and co-wrkers
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAApril 11, 2015
Pros: Fast-paced job, friendly co-workers
Cons: Poor management, tense ambiance
During a slow day, I cleaned benches, windows, mirrors, and take out the trash. During a fast-paced day, interacted with customers and their necessities, check customers out, guide them in a friendly matter. Most enjoyable part if the job was, communicating with diverse people, helping them out until they;re satisfied.
0verall it was a great experience, very entertaining
Warehouse Supervisor, receiving (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: empoyee of the week
Cons: no benefits
Co-workers were respectful, we were all team players, management wasn't so great, the hardest part was the heavy work load of shipment to receive, but It taught me to ask for help if needed and to relax and take deep breaths. Having that position has taught me how to use an RF Scanner and other general warehouse duties. The thing I enjoyed the most was that I was able to interact with customers one-on-one.
good job
Stockperson/Sales (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: management
Customer service..Cleaning work space..C-worker were good players.Hardest part is being unable to help a customers needs.
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!
asst manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 2, 2015
Was an assistant manager here and the ONLY good thing about Off Broadway is the 40% off discount!! I have worked in retail for 10 plus years with numerous top retailers and can honestly say they have NO respect or value for anyone except their store managers. I have never been treated so poorly by a company as they let their store managers do whatever and treat their staff poorly even denying breaks! I am not just a disgruntled employee as the corporate takes any and all complaints as, but trying to make others aware of what a unethical company this is to work for. Work at your own risk!!
Not a bad place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: over worked associates
Even tho this company has been copying DSW since it opened it was a pretty nice place to work. I was treated very well by management and my distric manager was a good leader. Only thing was they really work you for the money they pay you. Speaking of pay, pay was mediocre. pretty much average in the industry
Fun place
Cashier (Former Employee), Newport News, VAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: worked with friends, discounts on shoes
Cons: ok hours and little pay
clock in and clock out
To wear comfortable shoes, you walk around all day and move boxes.
Personally i liked being the cashier
i worked with 2 people that i knew so that was fun.
Management was ok, i had my favorite
When i first started i had a hard time talking to the customers. but i broke out of that shell
Enjoyable part of the job was PAYDAY :)
Favorite job so far!
Customer Service Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee), Fishers INAugust 4, 2014
Loved this job!

Helped customers find shoes, check out, place orders and return items.

Managed schedules, supervised coworkers

Great coworkers

Loved working with shoes

Learned inventory shipping
sales
cashier (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLApril 28, 2014
a typical day was to make sure we tryed to up peoples sales by trying to add to there pruchase
Very Enjoyable and busy place to work
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 12, 2014
Very busy being located in Destiny Mall, very classy and clean store. Flexible with work hours.
retail, productive
Sale Associate (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 21, 2014
A lot of sales involved, not fun, management needs to improve.
exclusive
part-time manager (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 11, 2014
Off Broadway Shoes was a nice place to work at and also payment was based on commission. It was encouraging to sell shoes. and every day would be different from another. The most important part was to keep yourself motivated to make sales.
Hostile environment
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, ncJanuary 6, 2014
Cons: short breaks, hostile environment
Set up new greensboro store entire team fired for little to no reason after store set up manager allowed to disrespect and antagonize employees! Humiliated & degraded this store will never make goal with the terrible treatment of its employees recruited to be left unemployed. No customer repor rules apply and dont apply to whoever and whenever at any time no set policy that governs everyone equally this place should be reported and shut down immediately for discrimination & verbal abuse from manager even when reported its ignored and treated as an inconvenience to listen to unfair practices and absolutely nothing is done! They will lose every customer and create disgruntled employees with the intense hostile environment created by the store manager
horrible job
sales associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: just about everything
one of the most horrific companies I have ever worked for. Management was bad. The company pays very little. I would suggest that people not try and make a career there.
great job very busy
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CANovember 14, 2013
Responsibilities:
• Opening and closing responsibilities to include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
Cash Control, including POS Operations
Deposits
Accounting and Bookkeeping
Doors, Locks, and Security Systems
•Inventory Control responsibilities to include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
Shipping and Receiving
Markdowns of Merchandise
Singles and Mis-mates
Damaged Merchandise
Conducting a Physical Inventory
• Sales Floor Merchandising and Visual Presentation responsibilities include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
Merchandise placement
Sales floor maintenance and housekeeping
Promotional Signage used per plan
• Payroll Control responsibilities include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
Submission of work schedules on a timely basis
Adherence to established weekly hour budgets
Daily and weekly hour analysis
• Loss Prevention responsibilities include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
Protection and control of all Company Assets
Training of all store associates on Loss Prevention practices, skills and standards
• Work towards a complete understanding of managing an Off Broadway Shoes store.

Customer service Specialist/Positive Reinforcement Recruiter

Traveled to all New Store openings, Trained / hired the staff on outstanding customer service and help open the store

Achievements:
Had several customers contact corporate and thank them for my outstanding customer service
Received a plaque for outstanding customer service (Award hasn’t been given out in 7 years)
Traveling to open new stores and hiring/training the staff
Productive.
Information Systems/Security Manager (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 11, 2013
My co-workers work hard and always ready to learn new technology.
organized place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orange,CANovember 5, 2013
helped customers at work
also learned to mingle with different people
management was good
co workers were nice
A fun place to work. Great leadership
Assistant Manager in Training (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: the discounts
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work, is selling shoes and shoe care. Helping customers with finding shoes or helping them find shoes to go with an outfit.. Also helping brides and students find shoes for their special day.
What I have learned in this company is how to help conflicts and how to always make the customers happy. Time management, customer service skills, and how to work my way up in the company.
The hardest part of my job is an unhappy customer I like to see ever happy when they walk in and out of the store with a bag in their hand.
My coworkers are fun to work with we help each other when its needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is a smiling customer
fast paced and amazing co-workers
Payroll manager (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: free shoes and accessories give away
Cons: had to work some weekends if payroll needed to be done.
A typical day at Off Broadway Shoes for me was fast paced and great. I learned how to work in an office environment which I quickly realized is the environment that I wanted to work in and flourished in. I also learned some administrative and clerical work along with payroll. I moved up quickly from receptionist to payroll assistant and then to payroll manager. My day started with looking at my emails and entering in any new hires, I polled the clocks for 76 stores all over the US, faxed the daily hours sheets to each store, and if it was a Monday I would do weekly and or biweekly totals for the stores to verify. If it was a payroll week I would also upload the hours and verify that all of the checks had the correct hours paid for. Then the mail would arrive and I would make sure all of the needed new hire paperwork was accounted for for each new hire and maintain the personnel files. There was always something to do in the payroll department, which is what I loved. I could always go to management if I had any question or a problems with a stores payroll or anyone not following the handbook and they would talk to me about what we could and would do to fix the problem. My co-workers were awesome, very easy to talk to and get along with, we would set up after work activities such as game night and diner. The hardest part of my job was benefits enrollment for the years that I did it. Some of the employees did not understand our insurance and would get very upset about the answers they were hearing. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interacting with the store managers and employees. I really liked getting to know them and helping them whenever I could with their payroll questions.
Great place to work!
Sales associate (Current Employee), sacramento,caAugust 8, 2013
Pros: job security and nice customers
Cons: not much opportunity to move up
Off Broadway Shoes is a very pleasant place to work. The store doesn't get very much foot traffic so most days we spend time recovering the store, doing mark-downs, making improvements to the appearance and skuing. (making sure everything is in its place)
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJuly 16, 2013
Pros: contests the company would provide
Learned quite a lot about shoe retail . Different aspects of retail selling.

Off Broadway Shoes Salaries