Office Depot OfficeMax
3,877 reviews

Office Depot OfficeMax Employee Reviews

A good working environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Caguas, PRJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Poor communication between employees and management, lack of professionalism on the part of management
My work at office depot was to give the customer a complete and excellent service. My job was a cashier and had to keep my area clean and organized.
good place
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), kent waJuly 4, 2015
it was good place to work easy tasks great coworks but the bosses were push overs and some people suffered for it staying late to fix other mistakes and bosses leaving early
Decent company to work for
Sales and Service Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 4, 2015
Office Depot/ Max is an average company to work for. They are excellent at working around your schedule if you are in school or have another job. The pay rate is amongst the bare minimum. Most employees start around minimum wage. Benefits are not very good either and very expensive.
Office Max
Associate (Former Employee), Bullhead City, AZJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Work independently.
Cons: low pay
I enjoyed working at Office Max until it liquidated and closed here in Bullhead City.
I worked independently, setting planograms, doing price changes, unloading the truck and distributing freight.
Very Enjoyable Work Environment
Stock, Customer Service, Cashiering, Door Greeting (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Snacks in the morning, free coffee, hour long lunch breaks, ability to surf the net when business was low that day.
Cons: No Healthcare
I really enjoyed my days working with the people at Office Depot. Management was nice and co-workers were fun. The job kept me busy and up beat. I loved stocking shelves, helping customers with their items. We were even given bonuses for selling protection plans on electronic items such as computers and TV's. They honored their workers with employee's of the month bulletin and snacks in the morning for when we came into work. We earned over time when volunteering for inventory day. Management was very kind to us and I miss working here.
An Overall Decent Job
Technology Associate (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Friendly employees, enjoyable work flow
Cons: Must work over six hours for a lunch break, management is iffy, customers can become very upset with prices
As an Office Depot associate I had a lot of fun with the job. It was fun to converse with customers and teach them about technology, often times it seemed like the customers had a fun time too. All the other associates were wonderful, fun, energetic people that would gladly lend you a hand when you needed it.
However during my time at Office Depot I quickly found managers were very distant from me. They were quick to criticize things that were done beneath their expectations, but failed to recognize the good things that were done.
Overall I recommend the job but only as a part time job. The management is a bit too iffy and negatively-oriented for me to recommend it as a full time position.
Productive environment with strong communication skills.
Copy & Print Specialist (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Discounted Items, decent breaks
Cons: No Full Time Offered
Working at Office Depot was not only a memorable experience, but a learning one. Although most of the training I was given was already attained through personal experience, I have a better understanding of the design and print business.
Being Smart
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Edwardsville, KSJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Free Starbucks Coffee
Cons: everyone helped each other.
Good people that work hard. everyday was a busy day, the hardest part of the day was getting everything from the order fillers to load the truck.
Good for high schoolers
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 2, 2015
Pros: empployee discounts i guess, solid part time job
Cons: pay, just a boring job
lousy pay, but it teaches you how to provide great customer service. the managers I had were very moody and often absent, just absolute poor leadership. however some were really good, ive learned that comes with the territory. this is an ok gig for teens
Productive and busy
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: hours
A typical day was fill with training employees on new merchandise. the employees was great but the hours was not working out for me at the time
Fun place to work, great associates.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Henderson, NVJuly 1, 2015
Always something to do, busy days. Learn new procedures when they change. Management cares about store as well as employees. Hardest part of job is ensuring everything is done on time. Fun job, keep busy all day, helping customers
Productive and fun place to work
Corporate Operations-Supervisor, Replenishment (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJune 30, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work
Cons: Healthcare cost
A great bunch of people. Very professional work environment. OfficeMax was a great place to work, the company cared about their employees.
Overall nice place to work.
Cashier/sales consultant (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: Lots of breaks, nice employees
Cons: Management, unable to get a raise
If you're looking for a job while your in school this is the job for you. There isn't much room to move up in the company and no raises unless you cross train to a different department. Management sucked. The manager was mean and never had the employees backs.
Decent place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merrifield, VAJune 30, 2015
Decent place to work. Pay is decent for retail. Uniforms look nice. Management is not good. Hard to move up. They work you real hard.
Copy & Print Specialist (Current Employee), lexington scJune 29, 2015
Pros: Nice Break Room
Cons: Short Breaks
Great management.
Fun loving customers, a bit needy but everyone is now a days.
Got a raise within a few months.
Could get better hours but Nothing to complain about.
Great place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee), Houghton MIJune 29, 2015
I had a great experience working here. There was always something new to learn and incentives to gain small rewards throughout the week or month.
Customer Service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Mt. Pleasant, SCJune 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedules
Cons: short breaks
Busy work environment.
Important to be able to provide customer service and be knowledgeable of products.
Coworkers were very productive and helpful.
Lots of standing, bending, and lifting.
Perfect College Job
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Morristown, TNJune 29, 2015
Flexible hours and descent pay. Management team is skilled and fun to work with (2008-2009). Great opportunity to build a base for your sales career.
Nice place for employment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CA 92058June 29, 2015
Pros: nice benifits
Cons: out of the state
I work with others to stock and keep the store clean. I used a pallet jack for heavy labor. I had to greet customers with a warm friendly smile as a way to show dedication to servicing their needs.
This was a call center job that merged with Office Depot.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Peru/OttawaJune 29, 2015
This was a good job until the merger with Office Depot. Answering back to back calls at the center. That did make the day go by a lot faster, you were always busy!

1 2 3 4 5

About Office Depot OfficeMax

If you'd like for me to upload, just need to confirm logo..assuming the logo from the careers site, but want to confirm since – Read more

Office Depot OfficeMax Salaries