Office Depot OfficeMax
3,447 reviews

Office Depot OfficeMax Employer Reviews

Great work/life
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 1, 2015
They are very pro work/life balance. When your 40 hours is done on Friday there is no overtime they tell you go home and have a great weekend.

Pros:
Nice facility
Achievable goals
Team building events

Cons:
Goals take forever to be set
Required to meet call matrix
Good place to work; there are better.
Supply Chain (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 1, 2015
Company offers a stable position with opportunities to grow and a friendly work environment. Company could benefit from provide employee's better benefits and with pending Staple's buyout, the energy is very down.
One of the greatest places to work.
Receiving Manager, Customer Relations (Current Employee), Ventura, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Supportive management team. Highly engaged environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating and fostering the relationships you establish with customers. When customers and employees know each other on a first name basis, it seems less like a work place, and more like a family.
Productive fun work enviroment
Department Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, CoFebruary 28, 2015
Office Depot is an amazing company to grow as a person. The work enviroment is fun and the customer base is good. I've learned so much working at Office Depot started as a cashier and grew to become a Department manager over the years.
Enjoy the people I work with
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ILFebruary 28, 2015
Calling on accounts that are currently delinquent, taking credit card payments, resolving billing issues and payment discrepancies. Retrieving invoice copies or billings per customer requests for payment to be issued.

The most enjoyable part of the day is interacting with customers. Also getting to know the people I work with as well as my Supervisor.
It's a Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAFebruary 27, 2015
It was a typical cashier job. But the company relies on numbers way too much. It affected the customer service factor too much.
Copy & Print Supervisor (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good customers
Cons: no breaks
Enjoyed my time with this company. Loved my customers, and was on a first name basis with most of them. Most days are busy and productive.
Honest and supportive team
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Yakima, WAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: team
I had the opportunity to manage and train our team. I had alot of responsibility and challenges. I LOVED that. I was the go to guy when things had to get done. I have alot of respect for the entire team that we all built. We faced challenges that were difficult. It challenged my management style, and gave me alot of freedom to make tough decisions. I like the responsibility and pressure. I have a ton of respect for all of them. When I left Shopko to go to work for Office Depot, I had some employees follow me, It was humbling. Treat your team like family, and you get awesome results.
Project Manager
Project Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 27, 2015
Successfully managed projects by coordinating, implementing, executing, and controlling its entire direction until completion.
Challenging
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee), Boca RatonFebruary 26, 2015
Very confused at how the company career advancement structure works. Or the design of the overall promotional process or increase in pay.
productable workplace
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee), miami,FLFebruary 26, 2015
Working at office depot has tremenzlously improved my computer knowledge. It has also impacted my work ethic for the better. a typical day at work I am non stopped greeting and gladly assisting customers with their needs and giving them great customer service to assure them coming again. my managers and co-workers are great their very patient and have a great attitude always during work. In my opinion the only hard part about working in office depot would having to be working in the copy and print department and it isn't the job that's hard but having so many customers at once and trying to keep them all happy, cause now a days people have low patient and don't like to wait for their turn. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist my customers and once in a while joke around and make them laugh.
The job was a fun and entergetic place to to work plus the management team was great as well.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Avondale, AZFebruary 26, 2015
A typical day at Office Depot for me was basically order selecting. I picked orders for different companies around the the world.
Great company, good hours.
Team Lead Inventory Control (Current Employee), Las VegasFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great hours, lots of available training
Cons: oldre warehouse, not up to par with technology
I like this job , its was a fun place to work, hours great.
Too bad it was bought out and is closing down. Close to home. Lots of available training. Management was helpful and knowledgeable. Fun working environment
I liked working for Office Depot
Technical sales (Former Employee), Evanston, ILFebruary 25, 2015
I sold computers and accessories as my primary area. I learned a lot about meeting customer needs. Management was good at making sure that I learned what I needed. My co-workers were good people.
Recieved good opportunities with the company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Was promoted so pay was poor for my position caused me to receive better offers and leave. But enjoyed my time here. Very well structured when I was there.
Nice Place to work
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), CarolinaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: flexible work/ life balance
Cons: few growth opportunites
Team work is an opportunity to face. Supervisors are nice and accessible. While I work here I have more time to spend with my family and having medical appointments is never an issue.
its retail....
Assistant Store Manger (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits, people
Cons: merger, layoffs, work environment is deteriorating...
I liked my coworkers and my boss, but i liked officemax before it was Office Depot. Don't get me wrong, depot is more operationally efficient then the max but officemax actually was better hr wise. Now they're merged and store closings and lay offs begin, so would I recommend you work there now!? NO! Especially now Staples wants to by them out!
Fun place to work
Technologist Product Specialist (Current Employee), Peru, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Take inbound calls and assist customer with all of their technology needs. I submit vendor invoices to our AP department to they can be processed.
Clean Organized
Store Manager (Current Employee), caFebruary 24, 2015
Company is going through lots of change. It has been changing for the last 3 years. Be ready for continous change. It has good working conditions. Benifits are expensive.
Great co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: incentives
Working the cash register and helping customers get the items they needed for their office. Management was great, they would teach us what we didn't know and would help out on the floor also.

1 2 3 4 5