Office Depot OfficeMax

I ENJOYED MEETING NEW PEOPLE AND HELPED THEM SELECT ITEMS THEY NEEDED
HARDEST PART OF JOB WAS KEEPING UP WITH PLAN O GRAM CHANGES
OK I guess
Program Manager (Current Employee), Naperville, ILMarch 31, 2015
Overall, pretty nice place to work as Office Max. Went markedly downhill once merged with Office Depot. The people in Boca seemed to 'know it all' and looked for very lilttle involvement from those of us at Office Max.
tech in the Tech department
Senior Computer Technician (Current Employee), Greeley, COMarch 30, 2015
Pros: pay incentives for selling protection plans/computer services gives
Cons: low workforce
due to all sorts of payroll cuts, i have to stock the shelves, fill "outs" reports and work on price changes (freight/logistics job). i also have to take care of non-tech customers in other areas of the store (like helping them find a specific pen). typical work force is 1 cashier, 1 copy center, 1 tech, 1 manager, and sometimes we dont even have a cashier half the day.
Good Company to start out.
Lead Sales Consultant-Customer Experience (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Good customer Experience
Cons: Terrible Infrastucture.
Very good environment, not a great learning place, mostly lazy coworkers. The hardest part of the job were the mistakes others made that had to be corrected, miscommunication was a big issue.
The relationships with the customers were the best I have had. The company doesn't see you as irreplaceable despite what you bring to the table.
great atmosphere
Customer Service Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 30, 2015
Pros: positive management, overtime
Cons: Pay, Scheduling conflicts
I start the day off by assisting customers. If there are no associates when my shift starts I begin to stock the shelves and make sure the store is neatly presented. Making sure customers find what their looking for in a timely manner.Management is always there and willing to help.Co-workers are always helpful.Most difficult part of the job is learning the locations in the store.Most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that im helping someone.
Not a great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOMarch 30, 2015
Management was often all over the place, they didn't treat me with respect with what i have to do in my life such as school and being a dad. I got my hours cut after i wasn't able to work weekends.
good
Manager (Current Employee), Delray Beach, FLMarch 29, 2015
jlkjoijj,cnhvjsav;cvjksnkjnvcdsjfjdsokcmksxljclkdsjalkdmsalfkpdewojafndsmvcfehgnvfd,samvfodsanvkdsjavo;clas
Never recieve training for what I get asked to do
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), DeLand, FLMarch 29, 2015
I am employed as a Sales Consultant. Most of my job requires me to be on the floor to help customers and answer their questions. However, I have trouble answering these questions most of the time, as I have never been informed about the exact specifications of furniture, chairs, and technology items such as laptops and desktops.
I have done a great deal of research in my off time so I don't have to frantically search for a manager everytime someone asks me a question, but it would have made it a lot easier for me when I started if I had been given a run-down of the products offered.
was able to learn many customers by name
Electronics Department Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, MIMarch 29, 2015
Pros: fun selling & competing w/ my team on sales pushing them to sell
Cons: when we didn't hit quota
This job was fun because we worked by deadlines,& sales. What a great combination. I loved suggestive selling but getting the customer to think it was their idea, such as a mouse, & flashdrive, with the purchase of a laptop with including the sale of an extended warranty because you'd never purchase a car without one. I gained the trust of many customers.
overall nice store with a nice enviroment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Friendly fellow employees
Cons: the manager there was not well fit for the job in my opinion
giving each costumer great costumer service, my fellow co-workers were great people although the management there was quite faulty.
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston TXMarch 28, 2015
I love working for this company. This company really take care of their employees. A typical day at office depot is taking care of all the customers need. If we are not able to provide the customers with the item in the store we will go out of our way to make sure the customer get the item he/she desire to have
OfficeMax
IT Infrastructure Program/ Lead Project Manager (Current Employee), Naperville, ILMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Training Budget
Great Company to work for, They believe in their people, supply training, and promote from within when applicable.
Co-workers were great & very personable, Teamwork environment, people ready to job in & help others out.
Cool Job
Sales Associate/ Inventory (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2015
Sales Lead/ Pricing & Inventory
I was able to work all positions within the company. Management really invest in their team member to nuture employee to be their best so they could advance to mgmt positions.
Wonderful Company High Core Values
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee), Naperville ILMarch 26, 2015
Awesome VP Ravi... High Moral during meetings... compensation was phenomenal..Although the work culture was very laid back and lazy work ethics within departments and a good majority of upper managemet=nt
NA
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Addison, TXMarch 25, 2015
good company to work for very energetic people, good environment , fast past, good communications with in employees if you want to know more contact the company for direct answers
Great learning experience!
Cashier, Sales Associate, Logistics Associate (Former Employee), Newport News, VAMarch 25, 2015
I learned a lot about working with different types of people. The coworkers are great to be around and everyone works as a team.
management
Sales Consultant/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2015
Overall the store environment but upper management and middle management generally do not have any idea on how to properly manage stores.
Great Store to work for
Excellent customer service (Former Employee), Sebring, FloridaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Emplyees, Managers, Customers, etc..
Cons: Part Time/ Minimum Wage
I loved working for OfficeMax. My favorite was the print center. All areas of OfficeMax has separate supervisors and the supervisor of the print center put me on Monday through Friday 8-? sometimes 10-?. I loved it. I brought in a lot of customers because I was nice, ALWAYS smiling and got the work done in a timely manner ! It was such a pleasant experience working with everyone there at the time that I was there!
Its OKAY
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Asheville, NCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Benefits and Pay Rate
Very fun place to work. The starting pay could be better. Enjoyed working with different machines in Copy & Print. Also enjoyed the customers.
One of the best places to learn true customer service
Tech Service Specialist (Former Employee), MiamiMarch 23, 2015
Customer service is valued above all else in this company and I learned a lot about it. My general manager, Olman, was the fairest most professional manager I've ever had and I honestly miss working for such an integritous person.

1 2 3 4 5

About Office Depot OfficeMax

If you'd like for me to upload, just need to confirm logo..assuming the logo from the careers site, but want to confirm since – Read more

Office Depot OfficeMax Photos