Office Depot OfficeMax Employee Reviews

Found 4,876 reviews matching the search
Great Managment Team
Cashier/Sales Associate/Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  NMDecember 7, 2016
Great work environment. The managers are reasonable, easy to get along with, understanding, relaxed, and overall good people. They work around school schedules and other work schedules ( if you have another job). The staff is friendly as well. The pay is .75 above minimum wage and get incentives for sales. Rewards for ethics.

The only thing I don't like about the job is the pressure they put on us to up-sale.
Pros
Rewards, Incentives
Cons
Too much pressure on the cashiers to sell items. We don't work on the sales floor!
Fun Place to Work/ Great Enviroment
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 7, 2016
Office Depot was a great place to work. My managers were great and the work associates were very easy to get along with. Pay was the only issue. Other than the pay, every other aspect of working for Office Depot was pretty nice.
Pros
Work Enviroment
Cons
Pay Per Hour
Fair place to work if management is not Prejudice
Design Print Station Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 7, 2016
Horrible job not the best place to be with high demands of work with little pay. Management was fair instead of the store manager very prejudice towards minorities.
Great place to work but the manager was something else
Sales, Cashier, Floor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 7, 2016
summary says it all. the assistant store manager and the supervisors were great however. store manager had some personal issues he needs to work on.
Pros
snacks/water in breakroom, smart and friendly coworkers
Cons
management
Great Company Overall
Technician/Salesman (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 6, 2016
Worked here for three years at two locations and always found the culture to be professional, employee focused, with very understanding managers, I received regular raises and was given a lot of opportunities to advance in the company.
Pros
professional staff, regular raises, understanding managers
Cons
Low starting pay.
it is very boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 6, 2016
The manager there is very rude and a corrupt person i did not enjoy working for him because he acted like a child and everyone left the store because of him and how inappropriate and weird he was.
Productive, friendly and helpful co-workers
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 5, 2016
This place was nice because of how hard we worked as a team. Uniform is nice. Co-workers are nice too. The manager is EXTREMELY kind and willing to help out which is rare! However because of the low pay and hours I couldn't stick around. I noticed other OD stores pay a buck higher than the one I worked at.
Pros
15 minute paid break, 10% discount, nice management
Cons
Low wage, no way to advance
Not Terrible
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 5, 2016
I enjoyed my co-workers and managers. At the time of my employment, we were severely under staffed which put a strain on all the employees.
excellent mangement and employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GA 31093December 5, 2016
Steady work always something to do. The management team was excellent to work for. The employees became friends with them afterwards and still in contact with. I was a computer tech during that time and was the best department I worked in.
Pros
always have steady work
Cons
dont have anything bad to say
fun
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2016
It was a good and fun place to work. i worked the closing shift so there was a lot of high schoolers so it had its ups and downs. People called in a lot.
Fun enviroment
LOGISTICS/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  National City, CADecember 3, 2016
The people are good but there is no room for advancement. The schedule were constantly changed so we couldn't get certain days off even when requested.
Pros
Morning Shift
Cons
Poor Schedule managment
Very productive ,fun place to work,good compensation, competitive but still fun
Salea Consultant / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CADecember 2, 2016
When I first worked at office depot,I was welcomed by every employee, I worked very well as a team player getting along with everyone andworking hard
Pros
If we sold two or more pp's (protection plans) we would be rewarded with lunch, or $50 on the next check, recommendation box, Great Compensate, pay sick leave, vacation
Cons
Short breaks, no more hours to work
fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PADecember 2, 2016
you learn a lot of new the to do in retail far as customer service find the product for the customer and put a smile on there face a over all nice place to work
Pros
free lunch wind the team do a good job
Cons
health care
productive work place, challenging, a place where anyone if you work hard can grow with the company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 2, 2016
Started as a stocker 20 years ago and worked my way up to Assistant Store manager. Overall great people and great place to work for
Productive Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 2, 2016
At OfficeMax, your job is to help customers make sure they find the products they need. I learned basic cashiering duties here and a little bit of sales, but I did not feel I was adequately trained in this area. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is making sure the store was clean and orderly at the end of the day, it was a fairly large store and there were not very many of us there to close it, making it a hefty amount of work after store hours. However, with friendly coworkers, it made it easier.
Absolutely the best job!
supplies (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 2, 2016
I had the greatest experience at Office Depot. I started as a cashier and worked my way into the copy and print department. I learned how to work with people in the most difficult times. Having to finalize multiple orders within time frames taught me how to be patient not just with customers but also with my co-workers and myself. If any of us were short on time, we always lend a helping hand; rather risking the customer being angry at any of us or the company. Our manager seemed to take their job personal. What I mean by that is she made sure no matter what we were equipped and knowledgeable to take care of each customer. The hardest part of my job was accepting the fact that their was no hard part. The most enjoyable part of my job was basically just doing my job to the fullest.
Fun and productive place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2016
I began working for the copy and print department and was promoted in 9 months to management. I enjoyed working for this company. The benefits and pay was good. We were more like a family and it was fun to work with my team.
Pros
chance for advancement
awesome break room and cool employee appreciation days
Sales Consultant/ Freight Team (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 30, 2016
Its a good job the staff is nice and understanding. Its a fun job.There are many things you can work as. Its a great store with great departments. It has a lot of cool products as well.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 29, 2016
Enjoyed working with co workers. the benefits were good. I learned how to drive a forklift and operate other heavy equipment.
Very good retail atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYNovember 29, 2016
High expectations of customer service/care
Employees empowered to take care of customers
High standards in presentation and execution
Reasonable business hours
Pros
Level of professionalism, ability to advance
Cons
Pay of part-time employees, payroll structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Office Depot OfficeMax. Our community is ready to answer.

Office Depot OfficeMax Reviews by Location