Office Depot OfficeMax Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,522 reviews matching the search
great place to work
Cash Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJuly 28, 2016
Had a great flow of business customers looking for products for their home office or work office.
People were well trained and were extremely helpful with customers.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Early hours
happy treat like a family
Senior Sales Consultant (Technology Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Colma, CAJuly 28, 2016
I develop my sales skills I fix computer engaged customer got a lot of experience in computer repairs and customer service.
Pros
like a family
Cons
hard to get vacation
Picking orders being a team lead and team player
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 27, 2016
My days at work was wonderful. I have learned how to work well with others and also how to stay behind and help other get the the job done.My supervisor was the best he knew how to be patient.We all were like family.Was working working 15 hours a day.The week of pay and benifits.
Pros
1 hour lunches and 2 15 minute breaks
Cons
The summer working with no ac
staff
Floor Supervisor/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJuly 27, 2016
i worked for this company for 8 years in high school and college. this was a great job for working around my school schedule and social life. Many different skills were acquired here.
Go some where else
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 26, 2016
Awful job, wonderful people. Company gives no hours to complete crazy amount of work. No benefits. The End The End The End
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Office depot
The wrong in retail
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 26, 2016
Poor training. Poor communication. Unbelievably unrealistic expectations. If you can imagine someone clapping with one hand, you can imagine the quality of the leadership of this company. Every day in this place is worse than the day before. Every day you have someone complaining that are not selling the "right" thing, even if your sales are positive. Poor product selections, and services that are very overpriced. Company and leadership lack integrity and intelligence.
Pros
They will not survive current retail environment.
Cons
From the moment you enter until you leave, it is miserable.
Stressful but Managment was terrific
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GAJuly 26, 2016
I was a cashier/stocker.It was a very stressful job because you had to sale a certain amount of protection products a day but the management was the best and always there for you.
Excellent Experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hatillo Municipio, PRJuly 25, 2016
Loved assisting customers and helping them find what they were looking for. Excellent cheerful team work and great environment. I was employee of the month twice in less than a year. Hard work definitely pays off.
Fast paste work enviroment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJuly 25, 2016
The mangers were nice. The employers were nice. The store was very clean an a lot of people enjoyed working there as well.
Flexible Work Hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJuly 25, 2016
Great place to work if you need flexible work hours for school or another job. Hard part of the job is getting notice for advancing in the company and getting management to take responsibility for their wrong doings.
Pros
hours, lunch breaks, rewards
Cons
advancing, scheduling corrections
Great environment, subpar management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 24, 2016
My only issue is with the way that the customers and management staff treat the employees. From never giving us breaks and lunch, to throwing things at us,the customers and management seem to put themselves before the actual employees. To keep it short, sweet, and to the point, ive worked there for several months now and have only gotten maybe 2 breaks. On top of that, ive had rude customers get angry with me and complain about me for no reason at all, and have been confronted about it even though there were several attempts at explaining my story, all in vain. The other problem ive seen at this job is the way that the coworkers treat each other, rolling their eyes when someone asks for help, and spreading rumors about others' personal lives like its high school. I seldom say i have enemies, but i do have people at my job who dislike me for various unsupported reasons, which really puts a damper on working there. All in all, i love my job and wouldnt trade it for the world, but would really love to be respected more in my line of work.
Pros
Fun coworkers, reasonable hours, Large bonuses.
Cons
No breaks, unreasonable customers, apathetic management.
Office Depot
Stocker/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 24, 2016
The ones who were training me hardly did and I had to learn on my own and would get in trouble for not knowing something cause I was never taught
Pros
2 breaks
Cons
no healthcare
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 24, 2016
I Miss working for this company it taught me so much and made me really get out there in the business world cant complain about nothing because they showed me so much love while i was working there!!!
Great last 1.5 years working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJuly 23, 2016
For the last year and a half, I have been a front-end Sales Associate for Kapolei Office Max. I have to say the management team was every encouraging, friendly and accommodating to your needs as an employee. The culture of quality service that they urge for customers is the same familial experience as an employee. I've learned a lot in my time with them. Would definitely recommend for those attending college and would like a competitive part-time job.
Pros
Competitive pay in comparision to other part-time jobs, Great for college students.
Cons
Sporadic hour cuts, can be busy in-store
Office Max
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJuly 22, 2016
Some of the managers are not helpful and do not listen to associates . Hardest part of the job is trying to express your problem of the task to the managers. Most enjoyable part of the job are the associates and being able to sell goods.
Pros
Learn selling tactics
Fun place to work
Operations/ Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 22, 2016
Went out of business never had chance to advance with company. Other then that perfect place to work, very good environment and the training you where given was spot on
Pros
Learning technology
Cons
Where none until going up of business
Decent first job
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 21, 2016
For my first job this place was alright, taught me the basics of working in a service and retail industry. The management was my only complaint, because no matter what I did to tell them I had school on certain days they somehow always and consistently screwed up and magically forgot I went to school.
Pros
Good coworkers/staff
Cons
Flawed scheduling system
fun
Logistic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDJuly 21, 2016
great place for a job learn alot of new things and get to meet new people and also build connections, great staff very friendly and
Great overall experience.
Customer Service Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJuly 20, 2016
Positive working relationships. Store is neat and displayed well. Pay and benefits are a plus for this company. Customers are made to feel welcome.
Pros
Neat and clean store, staff very welcoming and helpful
Cons
At times there is no one in front of the store to greet and welcome
it was great in the workplace
Copy and Print Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 20, 2016
it was great place to work but a lot of not treat fairly all the mangers and associate the was ok to work with the mangers was a little bit unorganized but the associates was great to work with.
Pros
it was a good place to work
Cons
was treatly fairly

Office Depot OfficeMax Reviews by Location