Office Depot OfficeMax
3,458 reviews

Office Depot OfficeMax Employer Reviews

generally nice coworkers
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Kapolei, HIMarch 3, 2015
Pros: work hours are good to get a second job.
Cons: no advancement opportunity
Sales Sales Sales but no financial gain for employees. Hourly employees will not get full time hours even assistant managers work part time.
Effective business work place with growth.
Customer Serive Specialist (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXMarch 3, 2015
I find a typical day at work as a well managed goal oriented day filled with growth and success on the retail sales floor and print department.
Great experience
Cross-Dock Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2015
Working for Office Depot in a Cross-Dock distribution center enabled me to work in a fast paced business environment and provided me a solid foundation of logistics. Working here as a manager enabled me to guide company profitability through the management teams direct interaction and control of the business and facility practices. We were able to develop company wide distribution SOP's.
Good experience, fun team
Designer & Production Artist (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: gym, regular corporate events, great cafe and outdoor sitting area
Cons: contractors hardly ever get hired full-time, future is uncertain
Office Depot OfficeMax head quarters likes to treat their employees to regular celebratory onsite events, usually around holidays and major sporting events. Middle management is friendly and approachable.
Onsite/Recruiting Manager
Regional HR Manager (Former Employee), Hazleton, PAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: loved being able to offer jobs to individuals.
Cons: long hours and sometimes holiday work.
Filled all job requests for agents on a daily basis. Completed payroll, new orientation and performance reviews. Completed all safety violations and incidents. Leaned new procedures and programs. Co-workers were very helpful. Manager was great and very knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job was releasing good workers due to the point systems infractions. Most enjoyable part was offering jobs to the unemployed.
Office Depot
Store Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: work/life balance. coworkers. advancement
Cons: none so far.
Office Depot has a great work/life balance. I have moved up through multiple positions with them over the years and learned many new skills. A typical day is making sure that all customers are taken care of in a friendly and inviting way. I have enjoyed working with all of my coworkers and managers over the years, they make it very enjoyable. Office Depot is still a great place work at even through the trying times.
Easy but very boring job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Algonquin, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: easy
Cons: boring
Work day was always slow and boring. Never got enough hours. co-workers were fun and easy to work with. management was very nice. hardest part of the job was the down time
greet staff and managers
unloader/loader (Current Employee), Henrico, VAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: benefits
its a overall great company to work for there is great benifits the work inst to hard and the pay is okay also the hours aren't that long as well
Great Management and Excellent Teamwork
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Racine, WIMarch 2, 2015
My experience working for Office Max has been great! The management gives credit where credit is due and the people I've had the pleasure of working with have been wonderful! We all work together to provide customers with top notch service.
A fun work place. A Good Working environment
Sales/Cashier (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 2, 2015
Some co-workers of mine became more than co-workers. The customers were nice mostly and I enjoyed helping them with their daily needs and wants.
QA Engineer (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 2, 2015
Great work/life balance and management team. Loved the ability to work as a team during meetings then execute tasks independently with minimal supervision allowed a low pressure yet effective work environment.
Great work/life
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 1, 2015
They are very pro work/life balance. When your 40 hours is done on Friday there is no overtime they tell you go home and have a great weekend.

Pros:
Nice facility
Achievable goals
Team building events

Cons:
Goals take forever to be set
Required to meet call matrix
Good place to work; there are better.
Supply Chain (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 1, 2015
Company offers a stable position with opportunities to grow and a friendly work environment. Company could benefit from provide employee's better benefits and with pending Staple's buyout, the energy is very down.
One of the greatest places to work.
Receiving Manager, Customer Relations (Current Employee), Ventura, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Supportive management team. Highly engaged environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating and fostering the relationships you establish with customers. When customers and employees know each other on a first name basis, it seems less like a work place, and more like a family.
Productive fun work enviroment
Department Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, CoFebruary 28, 2015
Office Depot is an amazing company to grow as a person. The work enviroment is fun and the customer base is good. I've learned so much working at Office Depot started as a cashier and grew to become a Department manager over the years.
Enjoy the people I work with
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ILFebruary 28, 2015
Calling on accounts that are currently delinquent, taking credit card payments, resolving billing issues and payment discrepancies. Retrieving invoice copies or billings per customer requests for payment to be issued.

The most enjoyable part of the day is interacting with customers. Also getting to know the people I work with as well as my Supervisor.
It's a Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Statesboro, GAFebruary 27, 2015
It was a typical cashier job. But the company relies on numbers way too much. It affected the customer service factor too much.
Copy & Print Supervisor (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good customers
Cons: no breaks
Enjoyed my time with this company. Loved my customers, and was on a first name basis with most of them. Most days are busy and productive.
Honest and supportive team
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Yakima, WAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: team
I had the opportunity to manage and train our team. I had alot of responsibility and challenges. I LOVED that. I was the go to guy when things had to get done. I have alot of respect for the entire team that we all built. We faced challenges that were difficult. It challenged my management style, and gave me alot of freedom to make tough decisions. I like the responsibility and pressure. I have a ton of respect for all of them. When I left Shopko to go to work for Office Depot, I had some employees follow me, It was humbling. Treat your team like family, and you get awesome results.
Project Manager
Project Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 27, 2015
Successfully managed projects by coordinating, implementing, executing, and controlling its entire direction until completion.

1 2 3 4 5