Office Depot OfficeMax
3,517 reviews

Office Depot OfficeMax Employer Reviews

Great learning experience!
Cashier, Sales Associate, Logistics Associate (Former Employee), Newport News, VAMarch 25, 2015
I learned a lot about working with different types of people. The coworkers are great to be around and everyone works as a team.
management
Sales Consultant/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 24, 2015
Overall the store environment but upper management and middle management generally do not have any idea on how to properly manage stores.
Great Store to work for
Excellent customer service (Former Employee), Sebring, FloridaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Emplyees, Managers, Customers, etc..
Cons: Part Time/ Minimum Wage
I loved working for OfficeMax. My favorite was the print center. All areas of OfficeMax has separate supervisors and the supervisor of the print center put me on Monday through Friday 8-? sometimes 10-?. I loved it. I brought in a lot of customers because I was nice, ALWAYS smiling and got the work done in a timely manner ! It was such a pleasant experience working with everyone there at the time that I was there!
Its OKAY
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Asheville, NCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Benefits and Pay Rate
Very fun place to work. The starting pay could be better. Enjoyed working with different machines in Copy & Print. Also enjoyed the customers.
One of the best places to learn true customer service
Tech Service Specialist (Former Employee), MiamiMarch 23, 2015
Customer service is valued above all else in this company and I learned a lot about it. My general manager, Olman, was the fairest most professional manager I've ever had and I honestly miss working for such an integritous person.
Very energetic customer service experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: everyone likes to help everyone
Cons: n/a
When you walk in the doors you are greeted by every staff member, someone is always there to assist the customer even if not needed, we always want the customers to see our smiles and know we enjoy their business. Management is always up-to-date with store numbers and letting each department know how well they are doing and what can be improved. by the end of the day everyone is helping to check inventory and place item back on shelves neatly.
Fun
Operations Manager (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 22, 2015
Fun place to work and friendly co workers. Did not like that most staff were students so many didnt care for the company. Management staff was always available when needed
Alright place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), York, PAMarch 22, 2015
Customers aren't always the nicest but the work environment and coworkers are fun to work with. It was very laid back when I worked there but once I left, a new manager and District Manager came in.
good place to work
Cashier and troubleshooting assistant (Current Employee), Mount Dora, FLMarch 21, 2015
Pros: interaction with customers
Cons: standing on your feet all day
good work enviroment I enjoy working with the publc so I enjoyed going to work every day I loved seeing my regular customers
Great Culture
Sr. Manager, Transportation (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 21, 2015
Great place to work. Many cross functional opportunities with peers and ability to gain experience. Staples acquisition announcement is stressful for many and cast a shadow over the culture.
NONE
Supervisor/Asst (Former Employee), Everett, MAMarch 21, 2015
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR UNTIL OFFICE DEPOT TOOK OVER.
GREAT CO-WORKERS
GREAT MANAGMENT INSIDE STORE.
I'VE LEARNED ALOT ABOUT THE BUSINESS.
Challenging and creative position
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMarch 20, 2015
Pros: i loved the challenge of the day, it was always different
Cons: working holidays
Working in the Copy & Print dept was interesting work. Every day was different with its own set of challenges. The hardest part of the job was getting the customer to explain what their needs were for their project. Many times they did not have a clue and needed help getting started, and that made it the most enjoyable part of the day. It is always a good day when you can do a job for a customer who can't do it for themselves.
Busy workplace
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: paid vacation, relaxed management
Cons: short breaks, ineffective management
Every day is different. different customers and different tasks.
I learned to work with all types of customers and focus on what they desire.The management knows what they are doing but there are too many of them to effectively direct employees.
Passionate, Innovative, and Fun Workplace!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Layton, UTMarch 20, 2015
Office Depot / OfficeMax is a fun place to work with great advancement opportunities. The company has strong values and ethics; which creates a safe workplace.
Office Depot
FRONT END MANAGER (Former Employee), Somerset, NJMarch 20, 2015
Working at office depot provided me with lots of lessons in building my fundamental skills that related to customer service and office skills. Trust me, Office Depot may be over looked at lot, but its decent for a start a career in customer service industry.
Good work/life balance but little room for advancement
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 20, 2015
Pros: strict 40 hr work week (you can't go over), good work/life balance
Cons: boring, unsatisfying and limited potential
A typical work day starts with punching a time card at 8am followed by the morning sales meeting. The day then consists of maintaining existing accounts with superb customer service and continuous upselling/cross selling. Depending on the department you get chosen for (you don't get to choose), your duties vary greatly. People have been there for over 4 years without a promotion and the pay is pretty low. If you want a strict 8-5 job then it's a good fit for you, but if you want a challenging career with higher expectations of yourself....then it's probably not going to be a fit.
poor
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Denver StapletonMarch 19, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Poor working conditions
This job is a good position for people who do not have families.
The pay is just above $8.50 per hour. The job is the same routine with no opportunity for advancement. The management staff has little concern for their employees.
Great print services!
Print Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Anderson, SCMarch 19, 2015
Love my job and the work that I do. I'm good at it and the customers really enjoy coming there to get their work done. The atmosphere of the company is fun and product knowledge of the associates is desirable.
Nice staff but sales are pushed too hard
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Macomb, MIMarch 19, 2015
Worked in a common sales position preforming floor sales, cashiering, and stoke management. co-workers are friendly but I feel like selling insurance on products is pushed too hard. ie: selling a $25 insurance policy on a $30 calculator.
Great for college students
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), IdahoMarch 19, 2015
Pros: the managers are willing to work with your school schedule
Cons: not adequately staffed
I have been employed with Office Depot for 3.5 years. I started as a cashier and moved back to the Copy & Print Department. During the day, the Copy & Print Department can get very busy and can be a stressful environment, especially since they only schedule one person to be in the department at all times. This can be difficult to handle when several customers are waiting at the counter to be helped and have more complex, time consuming jobs (such as business card creation, ordering checks, creating flyers, etc.). We get a lot of complaints from customers about not having enough people working in CPD. I truly believe that if we had two people working per shift (during the day, at least), customers would be more satisfied with their service and the employees wouldn't feel so burned out.

1 2 3 4 5

About Office Depot OfficeMax

If you'd like for me to upload, just need to confirm logo..assuming the logo from the careers site, but want to confirm since – Read more

Office Depot OfficeMax Photos