Office Depot OfficeMax

Office Depot OfficeMax Employer Reviews

good company new equiptment
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee), Carlstadt, NJJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: 4 day work week.
Was a good company to work for. The coworkers we all great people to work with. Developed many friends that were customers
Fun Place low pay
Technical Associate (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 30, 2015
Love my store, wish the pay was about double or just 50 percent more. Great customers and co-workers. Management pretty cool too.
Overall the Job was beneficial
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 30, 2015
I would start my morning at 7am.Open the delivery put all the products on their places. Make a place for the products that are for put-away after that 12 o'clock the Office Depot time. We would go to all the customers and ask them what can we do for them sometimes we will help them find a product sometimes we will give information about the products and all the benefits that they can get in order to buy the products for example sometime I will be in laptops department so I would sell laptops, Protected Plans, Batteries, Anti-virus and all the laptop related staff. Once a week i would also work in fixing department where we would fix Laptops, PC and Printers we also had a UPS service and Printing department. We would also sell all the office equipment and furniture. Twice a week i would work as a cashier and we would also set goals and work hard on achieving them. In free time we would move furniture, put the deliveries in their places, Help customers with their furniture moving
Digital Pre-Press Specialist/Production Operator (Former Employee), Carlstadt, NJJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: no growth
Good place to work, but no room for growth, and there is no challenge out of what is you daily duty. Everybody is specialize in what they know how to do. Nobody don't to learn new skills
Easygoing workplace for a first job
Store Associate (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Depending on your department, the responsibilities vary, but for the most part it's easy register duty and helping customers in a polite manner. For a starting job, it's not bad. You will learn to handle money, use a register and assist customers every day. The work hours are flexible and the managers are understanding, along with the associates that enjoy their jobs. I would say the hardest part of the job is keeping up with the amount of customers that will need help. But good communication and team work is essential in the job.
bad bosses terrable hours
cashier (Former Employee), rockledge fl,January 29, 2015
I only got 4 hours a week because the boss was mad at me for 2 months what is that
Lots of information to learn with.
Associate (Current Employee), Guaynabo, PRJanuary 29, 2015
There is a lot of activities to perform in this environment. It is challenging in a fun way. Many tasks to perform, most of the at the same time like answer the phone and provide check out to customers at the same time.
Very good environment. Good people. Good job.
Sales Consultant-Print Services (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 28, 2015
Working at OfficeMax has been a pretty good experience. The workload isn't very hard, but you do get enough to keep you occupied for an entire shift usually. The crew is very supportive and helpful. They're willing to help, teach, and guide you through whatever task you may have. The customers are usually very friendly and open to lots of suggestions. However, before corporate visits, management does have a tendency to get stressed out and it does trickle down to the employees, but it doesn't happen often.
Productive And Fun Place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJanuary 28, 2015
Very Relaxing And Fun Place To Work

Ordering Customers Merchandise & Assembly At The Store
Like a home away from Home
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches, yearly parties, take your child to work etc. social awareness and opportunity to grow
Cons: rules and regulations are part of every successful life.
A normal workday would start with a cup of coffee or some snacks that someone would bring in to share. Always helpful envirnment if got stuck. Managment ready to be supportive in family crisis.
Potential growth was seen in every employee and was given a chance to grow. Training available for self groth proffessionally and personally
Alright place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cadillac MIJanuary 27, 2015
Once the merger with Office Depot was finished the job became more unbearable.
Good to their customers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Wyoming, MIJanuary 27, 2015
I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers there. Management was not very appreciative of their employees, however.
Great place to work but limited chances for advancement
Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee), McCalla,ALJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great vacation, set goals, good insurance
Cons: never knew if you were going to have to work extra shifts weekends, management position eliminated so little room for advancement.
Great place to work. We typically did our start up meetings to get our associates started for the the day. Then we would have our managers meetings to discuss the goals. All supervisor worked well together and tried to accomplish goals. The management staff were hard and expected us to perform at high stands but they were very fair and helped us hit these standards. The hardest part of my job was ensuring the associates where productive even though our standard was never set properly and most enjoyable part was working with the associates
Communication/Ethics
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: no room for growth
I want to give the most essential report when dealing with the communication of the management and staffing team. The manager didn't understand what it means to lead by example. This is what made the job that much harder in my opinion.
Over all good work enviroment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Griffin, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good enviroment
Cons: short breaks, wages, benefits...
The manager that hired me left the field and they haven't found a suitable manager for the position in two months. The employees there seem work hard and are professional on the job. The lunch break is 30 minutes. The assistant manager is in charge of everything since the manager left. Full review the place seems a little unorganized but everyone works hard to try to make it a more established district. I would just loved to get paid more but then again i would love a more challenging duty in order to show who i am and what i can represent.
love the family
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: family oriented
Cons: not enough staff
always there for me when I need them. they are very family oriented group
learning and teaching safety
Delivery Service Manager (Former Employee), Carlstadt, NJJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: bounes
Cons: benifits
Would like to rejoin the team again, was very interesting upper Mgr always made you part of the decision and treaded you with respect, every day was a challenge to reduce transportation cost which he local team which I was a part of did.
Short
Clerk (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAJanuary 25, 2015
I worked here for a very short period of time. I moved in with my now husband and needed to find a job quickly. I took this job for a couple months until I got the call from Chase Bank to start work with them.
Productive and Fun people to work with!
Sr. Business Analyst / Product Owner - Consultant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Excellent work life balance, Always people are willing to help out and be productive. Projects are short term and always result oriented.
Slow pace and somewhat enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: good health benfits
Cons: short breaks
Good retail job to work at. Great service. Get customer service. Learned how to be patient with customers and how to provide excellent service to those who needed help. Hardest part was trying to be patient with someone who was rude. Enjoyable part is making the customer happy.

1 2 3 4 5