Office Depot OfficeMax
3,746 reviews

Office Depot OfficeMax Employee Reviews

OK place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIMay 28, 2015
The coworkers are the absolute best, and I learned a lot about retail and customer service from them. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find a total solution for them.
Bad Management and Job Enjoyment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Poway, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Helping Customers and Co-Workers
Cons: Poor Management and Work Environment
Working at Office Depot was boring and at times was unenjoyable. Management only cared about sales and didn't care at all at making sure the employees were happy or enjoyed what they were doing. On top of that, the management did little to no work and usually sat in the back office doing paper work.
Good starting out job
Sales Associate/Department Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 26, 2015
Normal retail sales and logistics position. Learned how to approach and sell to customers in a professional manner. Depending on store, management can vary as far as effectiveness. Same can be said about fellow associates but overall good people.
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDMay 26, 2015
Pros: Teaches you great skills, great first job
Cons: Short breaks
This is overall, a great place to work. Most of the time I learn new things as different problems arrive which can be difficult in the beginning, but as time goes and you begin to mesh well with co-workers, it becomes easier to ask for help and solve problems as a team.
Great People
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Metairie, LAMay 26, 2015
The people with whom i work on a daily basis create a great team culture. As part of the district training store I enjoy working with newly hired management members.
Terrible Company, Terrible Job, terrible managment, Vallejo store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Easy work
Cons: Terrible managment, terrible hours, terrible pay, very unreliable
Management is a joke. Your hours are ridiculously dependent on staying from 1-10pm at night. Also you take the blame if you get hurt, that is right. You get hurt! If management messes up on your attendance or just doesn't like you because of something someone says you basically get in trouble for no reason.

A typical day at work would basically be like this:
Make sure you do everything in the store while the cashier sits at the cashier and the management team (outside of the General manager) basically chill back and you have to great customers, sell products, and then you have to also get your tasks done.
If you don't by the way if you just do your job you get in trouble.

I learned that this is a terrible place to work and that it's not even Office max at all! It's Office depot.

The hardest part was that they hired me for a sales consultant position and expected me to basically: Be on call, (that's right they would call me up and try to get me to come into work), go above and beyond what you were hired for do to terrible management and low staffing, (even though I was hired as a sales consultant, I ended up doing freight, heavy lifting, go backs of items for the store, and also would have to help other workers way too much who had been working there far longer then me) finally the real hard part was trying to get a crucial day off just to basically go attend official business with the government or because you were sick. (you basically could lose your job even if it's a legit reason that you could not come in)

Finally , I was promised to start at 10.50 – more... an hour, but started at 10 an hour. The General manger constantly lied to everyone in the store. I was trying to work into a different position for advancement but he basically just lied about everything and terminated me because I quote; "I hear everything that everyone says in the store and it goes right back to me."

This company and job is a joke. Don't waste your time trying to work here. – less
Great learning experiece
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSMay 25, 2015
Pros: Good training
Cons: insurance was expensive
I learned a lot about technology. I didn't have much experience with computers or laptops. A typical day for me was data entry. We had a good management team.
Great place to work. has gone downhill
Print Center - Sales Associate (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 24, 2015
Loved working here before the OfficeDepot Merger. The company has gone downhill and it's sad to see. I have been working here for four years.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Nice products
Cons: Discounts aren't that great, no insurance, crazy work schedules
Very busy work environment . Has some slow days and some days are very busy. Especially during back to school and tax free weekend ...its a zoo.
Great work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLMay 24, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: no benefits.
Work place was very busy. Working as a cashier was really stressful at times because of standing up for long hours. However, the pay was pretty decent and management was exceptional as well.
Worst job I have ever had!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Wellington, FLMay 24, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, and you learn a lot about technology.
Cons: The store manager would rush in and out of the store for unknown reasons, and the general manager informed me that the store manager was running the store into the ground.
Typically you try to help customers when they can't find something. I learned that having a manager that knows what they are doing will make a big difference in the workplace. The manager was in and out of the store constantly, never could make up his mind or give clear directions. Even accused a couple of people of stealing money from the register, even though store cameras assured that they weren't. The co-workers were the only thing that kept me at that job for as long as I worked there. They were friendly hard working people. The hardest part of the job was trying to finish any task given to you by the manager, since he never gave you clear directions on how he wanted something done and would get mad because you apparently didn't do it correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the store manage would go home for the day because the store would suddenly start running smoothly.
Productive and a great place to work.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Mount Dora, FLMay 23, 2015
Pros: able to up sell and bring in extra money
Cons: Wish it was Full time
this is a great company to work for they are like family and everyone is very helpful and patient with me. I am happy to come in to work every day and ready to learn more. the management does not hesitate to tell me when i am doing a good job.
Good Place for a First Job
Technology Associate (Current Employee), Mobile, ALMay 23, 2015
Pros: Tuition Reimbursement
The company really pushes goal driven employees and following the code of ethics. It is retail but is a good way to get experience dealing with troublesome situations.
Rewarding and fun!
FRONT END SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Cullman, ALMay 21, 2015
There is always room for improvement at Office Max. Also no good deed goes unnoticed! It was always fun, never boring, and I loved the managers!
Great People, Terrible Company
Tech Depot Services Associate (Current Employee), Pompano Beach, FLMay 21, 2015
The corporate office doesn't know a single thing about how to run a business. If it weren't for the terrible decisions made by this company, this business wouldn't be in the terrible condition that it is now. I sincerely hope that the CEO's golden parachute is a dud lined with iron instead of my hard work, sweat, and blood.
Great Surrounding
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 21, 2015
One Of The Best Jobs I had the people were always smiling and helpful. a typical day at work was simple just unloading a truck and stocking products.
Indeed is a great and resourceful tool.
SR BI DEVELOPER (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: there are free lunches in America, I would have love to earn it.
Cons: Breaks are essential and a relieve to reenergize mentally for continues work.
I balance work time with family time to balance stress level to normalcy. I work hard and have lots of fun. I look forward to getting my next position through Indeed.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sunset Valley, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: Positive Reinforcement
Cons: Managerial Inconsistency, no benefits
Grew knowledge in selling products
Helped with logistics with placing inventory on the sales floor
Friendly competition between co-workers
Positive reinforcement from co-workers
Teamwork

The best part of the job was experiencing working with a diversity of individuals who also have great work ethic!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Carmel, INMay 20, 2015
I was a department manager at Office Depot. I had worked for them not long before the executives had made the call to shut down the store I was working in.
When the regional manager of Office Max had heard about the closing I was recruited as an Asst. Store Manager, however who the general manager and myself didn't see eye to eye on how a retail store should be managed, therefore I voiced my opinion.
Fun Workplace with great opportunities for customer interaction
Technology Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Boynton Beach, FLMay 19, 2015
Office Depot is a great company that allows its workers to help customers both meet and exceed their workplace/office needs and wants.

1 2 3 4 5

About Office Depot OfficeMax

If you'd like for me to upload, just need to confirm logo..assuming the logo from the careers site, but want to confirm since – Read more

Office Depot OfficeMax Salaries