Office Depot OfficeMax
3,948 reviews

Office Depot OfficeMax Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Crystal River, FLJuly 27, 2015
Pros: flexible work times
Cons: didnt have help benefits cause i was working in florida
i love my time at officemax and i would recommend this company to anyone looking for a fun place to work at. i was a sales consultant at the company and it was so much fun to deal directly with customers as well as business owners.
Great atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Kerrville, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: People, management, and great atmosphere
Cons: Advancement opportunities were hard to come by.
This was the best retail "career" choice I have ever made. If personal reasons hadn't interfered, I would still be with them.
Great employees
Customer service (Former Employee), Bristol, PAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Nice People
Cons: Location closing
Resolving issues with customers is a challenge. But every issue is a new one. It kept me on my toes. I was very sad to leave but unfortunately they laid of my department.
I loved my job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2015
My co-workers were always so helpful and curteous.. I loved working with the public, seeing new faces. I loved to greet each customer, ,help them with anything that they need me to.
Customer service oriented
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Bayamón, PRJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Good assortment
Cons: no cons
Great variety for products. Customers always finds something different and something new. Great merchandising skills.
A Productive and Comfy work enviroment
Customer Service Representative/Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Rosedale, MDJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Great work Hours, income, discounts, information on new gear and deals
Cons: Minimum pay rate too low
Your typical day at work would be swift and fluent as long as you continue to operate. I picked up a few skills in copy & print services also, where I picked up my customer service skills. Learned a lot about office supplies, office furniture and electronics. Management isn't perfect but nothing to complain about. The co-workers there are great! Everyone has a different mind-set but seems to be on the same game plan. Hardest part of the job would be selling protection plans with most purchase but the most enjoyable would be meeting new companies and business owners & closing up the store for the night.
Fun Workplace
Technology Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee), atlanta, gaJuly 25, 2015
Pros: good place to work
Cons: long hours
I gained valuable experience in team work by working alongside a variety of co-workers. I was able to learn how to assist in managing a store whenever the store manager needed assistance, and someone to take the mantle. Amazing experience was cultivated when I was working in the business services department where a co-worker and I would create and help manage portfolios for business's that needed them made with information that they provided. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet continuously walking/running for 9 to 11 hours with only a 30 minute break where I could sit down. The most wonderful times though were being able to network and gain new knowledge every single day.
Wow...worst job in my life......horrible company
Impress Associate (Current Employee), mnJuly 24, 2015
Pros: none.......none at all
Cons: working for OfficeDepot
Store side is always great but as a company........HORRIBLE.....the systems that are in place are atrocious. The GUIs you must deal with are a total hinderance......everything takes so much effort just to deal with.....the info to fill out to take a print order is more time consuming than running the job usually is. Managers spend more of their time embroiled in pointless paper trail tasks than working. The company does not support its employees at all. They actually cancelled my medical benefits after sending all info to an incorrect address that i updated 3 times more than two years before. None of the computer systems function properly. No staffing support from corporate. All of this and that does not even begin to go into how stressful the day to day work itself is. Every moment spent on the clock damages my soul an really you end up just wanting to walk out the door...........every moment of every day. OfficeMax was great......OfficeDepot is just horrible.
Productive and fun environment
store associate under Mark Multhup, the manager (Current Employee), Dublin, OHJuly 24, 2015
Officemax was a very productive workplace. There was always something to keep you busy,and that was one of the big things I learned working there. You always have something to do, and you always ask others if they need help. My co-workers were all very nice and easy to work with. I think that the hardest part of the job was dealing with displeased customers. That also was a big learning experience for me. I had to learn to stay calm and diffuse the situation and make the customer happy to keep them coming back.
Office Depot
Sales & Services Manager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 24, 2015
Imagine a morning as a remote worker: You sit down on the couch with your laptop, start running through your to-do list, while slurping Lucky Charms out of a bowl and watching Survivor reruns. Spoiler alert: That is not what it’s like to work virtually—not even close.

However, bosses who have limited experience with virtual teams (cough, you) might assume that’s how employees would spend their days working remotely. If your employees have asked you for the flexibility to work from home, but you feel a bit wary, I’m here to show you how you can make it happen.

When managing a remote team, it’s important that your organization has a high level of transparency across projects, tasks, and individual goals. Therefore, it becomes crucial that you use (or begin using) project management systems that can be accessed from any location. The right system should also allow team members to see what their co-workers are accomplishing.

These kinds of management systems allow supervisors to track their teams’ progress and hold individual employees accountable for their work. Not to mention: This transparency makes virtual teams more productive than their in-office counterparts—by an increase of as much as 43%.

My organization utilizes Basecamp to manage various projects because it allows for a high level of transparency within and among different teams. It also keeps file uploads in convenient locations that can be accessed from any device that’s connected to the internet.

Similarly, my company encourages employees to use Google Apps to share our phone conference lines and meeting – more... room schedules, so no shared resources become overbooked.

2. Integrate Communication

Unlike employees who work side-by-side, virtual employees may have a harder time receiving timely answers to questions or gaining clarity on a matter they may not fully understand. To solve this problem, include a few preferred communication methods with your employees’ virtual setups.

For example, many companies embrace social intranets like MangoApps or messaging apps like HipChat to keep in-office and virtual employees connected to one another throughout the workday. If anyone—across any team—has a question, he or she can quickly chat another team member and get an answer. – less
Gained much retail experience.
customer service (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COJuly 24, 2015
Pros: good work experience
Cons: poor pay
Working at Office Depot I learned so much about the retail industry, Office Depot helped me to become better at multitasking as I was cross trained in multiple departments. However the company does not provide much room for advancement as the company only offers very small pay raises once a year and does not have many promotions.
It's a job...
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), WisconsinJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Paycheck
Cons: Corporate, Short lunches, Team morale, Merger
It might be a store-to-store thing, but my store doesn't have a great culture. It is quite literally ALL about numbers and selling things to customers that they don't need. Corporate direction is really all over the place since Office Depot and Office Max merged. Many benefits and incentives have been cut out, and not replaced with newer ones. At my store specifically, employees are lazy, and there is a major lack of discipline. Our inventory management system is very messed up, and I am surprised that we are still open.
Good working enviroment
Special Order Liaison Support (Former Employee), Norcross, GeorgiaJuly 24, 2015
A typical day started with contacting vendors and field managers and customers to make sure everyone involved was on the page concerning production.
I learned that doing the job right the first time saved the company money and earned me a bonus.
Upper Management was made up of people who worked well with others, so the center ran smoothly and everyone was at please.
The hardest part of the job was when we were short of staff and had cover for others.
Most enjoyable part was when the employees got together for cook outs and picnics .
SAME AS OFFICE DEPOT
Warehouse Leader (Former Employee), Weston, FLJuly 23, 2015
Pros: GOOD
Cons: BAD
NOT BAD BIG COMPEDITER WITH OFFICE DEPOT GOOD EMPLOYEES PAY NOT TO GOOD AND NEED BETTER CUSTOMER SUPPORT NEED TO GROW MORE AS COMPANY OF THAT SIZE MORE AS A TEAM WORKING BETTER TOGETHER
Office Depot taught me how to work with business owners.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2015
Working at office depot i learn how to work in a retail environment where working with professionals in a hurry was a very important thing. One of my managers was a very good mentor in showing me how to do that, He told me how to greet and assist a business owner and how to best help them in a timely manner. We were trained to be able to do this on a daily basis as to help us and our customers. Doing this showed me how many different people have different ways of running a business and by helping the customer achieve their goal was an accomplishment i want to take everywhere with me.
it's not too great
Copy and Print Specialist / Cashier (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 22, 2015
they don't pay attention to the days you ask off, schedule you anyway.
don't always feel respected or even known by managers
make minimum wage but work full-time?!?!?!?!?
I work full-time but do not get benefits because they have me in the books at part-time.
don't get told anything "current events" wise about the company
Enjoy the customers and associates
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), coeur d aleneJuly 22, 2015
Like working with customers and setting up for daily and seasonal pogs. Daily operations are somewhat complex but management is great to work with.
laid back job
cashier,floor saleman, stocking (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: i get to desing things
Cons: n/a
I loved interacting with new people helping them fulfill their needs for their office. I enjoyed helping people find the items they came for
Store was fine but...
Sales Specialist/In-house Tech (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 22, 2015
It wasn't the company that was the problem but how the store manager at the time performed shady dealings that in my good conscious I could not let go unheard.
Very fast pace customer oriented place
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: contest etc.
Cons: none
My eleven years at Office Depot was fantastic. We work together like family and take care of customers if was an issue we fixed it if they needed to order it we did that overall i enjoyed my years just felt like I needed to change and expand my career

1 2 3 4 5

About Office Depot OfficeMax

If you'd like for me to upload, just need to confirm logo..assuming the logo from the careers site, but want to confirm since – Read more

Office Depot OfficeMax Salaries