Office Depot OfficeMax

Office Depot OfficeMax Employee Reviews

Found 4,099 reviews matching the search
Productive Work PLace
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAFebruary 10, 2016
It was really good culture and work environment to work with. I have really enjoyed to work on this company.They also provide 2 paid breaks as well as lunch.
not the best job but its a job
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 10, 2016
I didn't really like the hot work environment it made it difficult to work. Also we had beginner management which made things unorganized. if these things were fixed I would definitely go back to work at the office depot warehouse.
Serving the customers
Logistics/Lead Sales Associate/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSFebruary 9, 2016
I started off as a sandwich maker, but I quickly moved up to a cashier. It didn't take long for me to be the head drive-thru cashier. I usually trained the new co-workers.
Fun Place to work at
Marketing & Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRFebruary 9, 2016
All Office Depots associates are fun to work with and caring of each other. Great Team Work. As Management we try to make the workplace fun and energetic for our clients to receive the best in class customer service.
Good work that keeps you moving and interesting.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day would start with unloading pallets, then putting them on the correct carts to then stock on the shelves. If I got that done early enough there would always be a checklist or some other help, and random tasks that needed to be done. I enjoyed my managers, they were very good to me.
fun people to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Delafield, WIFebruary 8, 2016
it was a very fun place to work at. loved the people i worked with. but i didnt like not having consistent hours each week. i would handle the cashiers every day i would work.
Pros
the people
Cons
scheduling
Two mergers in two years
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 7, 2016
Change is the main word to describe working at Office Depot. Change is not always bad or good, it's just change. Sometimes difficult to move forward because we're trying to figure out what needs to be done.
Very productive. Coworkers and management were excellent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLFebruary 6, 2016
Working at Office Depot was such a rewarding experience for me. This was because I met some of the most influential people in my life. My bosses and coworkers would all collaborate as a team to help keep this business running smoothly. It was also very rewarding in that I was able to learn proper cash handling procedures that were necessary to do the job in an orderly manner.
Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 6, 2016
Really good job very organize .the company hear your ideas and have a good way to let people know how you work and help you.
Very productive
Sales Transaction Assistant (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYFebruary 5, 2016
I came to Office Max at a time when they had very few employees. I was overworked. The district manager was very lazy and pushed her employees way too hard and did not hesitate to dole out harsh words. The store manager however was extraordinary. He kept track of everything and everything. While the district manager sat in the office and ordered the employees around, the store manager was out on the floor helping customers.
OfficeMax
General Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 5, 2016
I worked for Omax until Staples recruited me. I enjoyed the company until the buy-out years ago. I felt a bit uneasy with my future at Omax and decided to build a career at Staples
Pros
Salary
Cons
Job Security
enjoyable work place.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 5, 2016
assisted coworkers in running the store. assisted customers. coworkers very good to work with. employees were very nice in checking out customers and keeping store clean.
Excellent working environment
Pallet jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 4, 2016
I got to meet a lot of different people and it also helped me with communicated more with people on a daily which meant my people skills had improved more.
Unorganized!!!!!!!!!!!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  TXFebruary 3, 2016
This place is terrible. I worked at the warehouse on 360 for 3 years and every day was horrible. First they switch managers every 6 months. I had 8 in 3 years. Also managment is clueless about how to be managers. They are the most unorganized place i have ever seen. Ive seen managers just walk out and quit. Hours are horrible people are horible pay is horrible. They find any reason they can to fire you.
Downhill after merger
INDIGO ORDER ENTRY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAFebruary 3, 2016
Before the merger OfficeMax was an enjoyable workplace. after the merger it became obvious that it was not a merger but a buyout.
Pros
Free Holiday meals, Donuts every third thursday
Cons
work moved overseas
Fun and productive
Sales Consultant & Tech Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Working retail is a good first job experience. I learned a lot from cashier, sales, computer tech and more. Had many different managers while working there. Some are hard and some are chill. Co-workers are cool and fun. Just depends which retail location you work at.
logistics
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAFebruary 2, 2016
great company nice work flow. i worked in logistics and only left due to another job opportunity otherwise i would probably still be there. flexible schedule helped a lot to considering i am still in school.
Concrete retail structure
Retail Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYFebruary 2, 2016
Very fast paced environment where customer service is most important. Being in management took strong communication skills and prioritizing different tasks at hand. Overall the customers and employees were very happy leaving the store everyday.
Pros
Great opportunity for advancement, competitive wages, great benifits
Cons
Lack of ownership with coworkers
Customer service associate, Cashier, Stocker
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 2, 2016
Operated cash register was the bulk of my duties. I was also responsible for stocking and restocking the shelves, assisting customers and keeping the front line clean.
Pros
It was a nice place to work
Cons
no career advancement opportunity
Worked my way through college here
DPS (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVFebruary 2, 2016
Typical retail job. The pay was decent but not great. The management always worked about my college schedule ever semester.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Retail