Office Depot OfficeMax
3,663 reviews

Office Depot OfficeMax United States Employee Reviews

Good company. New management a lot. Good people to work with.
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Winning employee of the month gets you money in your pocket, events where there's free food free food when our freight team meets our monthly goal
Cons: Dental and Medica, didn't cover much unless you got the highest plan, that cost you basically your whole paycheck lol
A typical day would be to work the merchandise that came in on the truck the day before. Stocked the floor for the first two hours before the store opened. When the store opened customers are always priority. In between customers we had to down stock product from the overheads. My co-workers were awesome to work with. Everyone doing their part causes growth not only with our store numbers, but as fellow employees. When everyone does their part, it makes everyone's job a lot easier as the day goes. I wouldn't say that there was a hard part of my job because it was work that I enjoyed to do. The most enjoyable part of my job besides having a laugh or two with my co-workers would be seeing the faces or hearing customers say how satisfied or happy that they came to shop at our store.
productive and busy
Sales Associate/Print Clerk (Former Employee), Garland TxMay 4, 2015
Pros: cool manager
Cons: shot breaks
It was very fast paced and a positive enviroment the manager was very cool and had a great personality the Co-workers were positive and always a big help to me the hardest part of the job was dealing with hard customers other than that i really enjoyed the job.
A good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMay 4, 2015
Pros: comission on some sales, very friendly work staff
Cons: short breaks, no healthcare
my typical day at OfficeMax is as follows assist all customers with whatever they needed i.e a new computer, office furniture, basic office supplies, etc... perform virus scans as well as install new software on customers computers that are brought in from home or purchased new in store.
Nice people, disappointing work life
Senior Sales Associate in Copy and Print (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAMay 3, 2015
Very few opportunities to advance within the company. Not the best place I could see myself having a career with. I also did not like how the company was changing every second. There were rules that were in place and would not stand for more than a couple of months.
Stressful Atmosphere due to Management
Print Center Associate (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 2, 2015
Pros: Fun Job
Cons: No breaks and a heavy work load for one person. Pay is not equivalent to work load
The basic functions of the print center consultant to use creativity and excellent customer service are fun and often rewarding in knowing that I helped make someones day better.

The pay and benefits are very poor considering the amount of work that is expelled to each customer.
Very active work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Sanford, FLMay 2, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: old computer systems that constantly crashed
Cashing customers out, price matching items and adjusting prices accordingly. Zoning the store and also helping with printing issues in the printing department. Solving customer issues and also setting up fed ex deliveries and ship to home orders. Another aspect of my job is to clean up the store.
A good starting job for any young adult
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Garden Grove, CAMay 2, 2015
Pros: Paves the way to more job opportunity and prepares you for them.
Cons: Limit Working Hours.
Office Depot is a perfect place to begin learning basic working skills and essential social skills. It is exposes a person to the realities that hard work is a big must, which is in fact very important any job for that fact. This job also trained me that I must keep a cool and friendly composure at all time, even when your customer is cursing and creaming in your face.

With this Job, you need to learn how to deal with multiple customers and one time, 3 at most at any given time. Job also requires you to learn learn everything, even if it was the department you were hired for. This job forces you to crash course everything.

Great place to practice your social skills if you lack them, and if your a socialite, you'll do great in customer service. Can make good friends at work, I personally like the people I met.

The hardest part of the job is that you have to be the jack-of-all-trades. You really got to know you way around the job. You won't always be stuck in on job area. You will be moved around quite a bit.

The most I like about this job is that is really give you a lot of room to manage you time with work and education.
Good customer service experience gained.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 1, 2015
I liked working here. I gained a lot of customer service values. Those values I gained help me to learn to deal with all types of customers.
Great culture and Management Team
TERRITORY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee), Panama City, FLMay 1, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy my job and management team. I have the freedom to do my job and support to get things done.

Responsible for both Account Management and New Business Development.
Too much expected with very little direction
Impress Associate (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAApril 30, 2015
No room for improvement and poor direction on how to get to where you want to be. Not to be taken seriously due to the lack of leadership.
Good company.
Supervisor of the copy center (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 30, 2015
Pros: one hour breaks, advancement opportunities
Cons: commute
Good company to work for when I did nine years ago. I cannot vogue for the dynamics for the present however. They did provide me the opportunity to become a supervisor after being there for a few years.
COPY & PRINT
Senior Consultant Copy & Print (Current Employee), Columbus MSApril 29, 2015
The Sr. Sales Consultant, CPD is responsible for completing all print orders correctly and within the quoted timeline, and assesses whether the Regional Print Facility should be utilized. The associate in this position will assist with the training of CPD Sales Consultants and also provide cross functional training for other associates within the store. Additionally, the Sr. Sales Consultant, CPD, will perform daily and weekly maintenance of the CPD area.
Great job while a student
Impress Associate (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVApril 29, 2015
Want a job that is flexible, fast paced, constant learning environment, and a team thats so supportive? Then this is the job for you!
Enjoyed working here.
Copy/Print Associate (Current Employee), Arlington, TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: Fun and different from most retail jobs.
Cons: Low pay for the work you do.
I gained valuable experience and was able to network with many different people. Working here has been great, but I'm ready for something new and more professional.
Don't plan on staying
Copy Center Specialist, II (Former Employee), Chesterfield VAApril 29, 2015
Cons: Management
They promise room for advancement, but unless you are willing to stab others in the back to get ahead you won't get far. Its a great temporaty job, but go in and start looking for a better job because its not a good place to stay long term. Dealing with customers is hard enough but having management set unrealistic goals and expect you to push credit card signups one under $20 purchases is just not right.
Easy Going Work Place
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 29, 2015
I Really Enjoyed The Time I was Employed At Office Max Store Witch Closed On 11/15/14 Mark & Craig Was Great Managers I Learned How To Be More Open With Customers To Build A Relationship To Drive To Provide The Needs Of Every Customer
A day as a cashier
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 29, 2015
Pros: Able to make friendships, good hours
Cons: Would get really slow
This job was good as a first job. I did love my workplace at the beginning but I did burn out from working so much. Management in my store was a little nightmare but always over came that situation. I would get boring when it would start to slow down but everything you do in that store is team oriented so you will never be left alone.
Active & hardworking staff disconnected with the store manager.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2015
Normally came in to work early morning shifts, that required the unload of product on pallets received the previous night. Once organized & separated, the product was to be placed in it's designated aisle prior to the store opening.
customer service
Associate (Former Employee), Layton, UTApril 28, 2015
typical customer service work duties, with easy going co-workers . no late nights or early mornings.simple duties and tasks with a great customer service
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Cashier/ Copy Center (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 28, 2015
Pros: Friendly atmosphere
Cons: Short lunches, Benefits
A relaxed environment with the capability of being stressful in some ways is a good example of an everyday experience at Office Depot. The mornings were very relaxed with simple jobs to do for customers; for example copying a simple black and white page or faxing. The morning associate would finish jobs that could not be completed the night before. Afternoon was our "rush hour". Most of the time that is when the associate would take large orders from customers; for example it could be making business cards, or making books, or even printing out several posters. Another associate for Copy Center would usually come in to assist around 1pm. Our days could be simple or hectic, it really just depended on what was on the "to-do" list that day. It was a very friendly atmosphere. I loved going to work knowing that I could be around people that I enjoyed. I enjoy an "office" type of job where I can do any kind of paperwork or data entry...

1 2 3 4 5

About Office Depot OfficeMax

If you'd like for me to upload, just need to confirm logo..assuming the logo from the careers site, but want to confirm since – Read more

Office Depot OfficeMax Salaries