Office Depot OfficeMax Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,580 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace.
Hardware/Software Technician (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTAugust 24, 2016
Troubleshoot customers personal computers that they would bring in. Find out what's wrong with the computer, then fix it or if issue is more time consuming, have remote tech access diagnostic fix the problem. Learned how to fix software problems or glitches.

Was sometimes difficult to hit compensation goals from lack or customers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
To much turn around on employees coming and going. Staff always needed training.
Fast-Pace but enjoyable environment
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at work consists of pulling bulk orders on an order picker forklift. Loading and unloading trucks with a stand up pallet jack or a stand up fork lift. We also sort out product for delivery at the end of the night.
I've learned to be patient in a busy, fast-pace environment with a lot of people. I've also learned new functions and how to show my leadership skills to new people.
The hardest part of the job is actually what I stated above, being patient.
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things. I try hard to do my best in a fast, yet accurate manner. Customer is the number one priority and they are the reason we have jobs.
Its a nice place to work
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 23, 2016
Working here is great. You need to work hard to get to the top. Lazy people are not welcome at the place. Great employees. Dont know the time you going home
Pros
NICE HOURS
Cons
DONT KNOW THE TIME YOU GOING HOME
Productive workplace with a lot of client interaction
Print Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNAugust 22, 2016
Production pipeline was streamlined however, training was minimal. I was able to develop experience in operations of the print department as well as managing a team of creatives. Very much a fly by the seat of your pants and learn as you go operation. The hardest part of the job is simply managing the balance between assisting clients and hands-on production work.
Store Location closed Down
Sales Floor Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 21, 2016
I was more of a cashier and depending on who was there we would rotate to the sales floor which you needed to be knowledgeable about the merchandise the customer was interested.
Great start to life
Customer Service Associate/Logistics Associate (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 21, 2016
Active duty Army is an ideal jump start for any career. The knowledge learned their spills over to every aspect of life. It makes adaptable to just about any situation and gives you an heighten sense of alertness. It motivates you to set a standard far above the rest.
good place
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 21, 2016
not bad place for a part time job. The mangers were nice to me. I advanced fairly quick. the pay is not that well though even for management.
Busy Work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 20, 2016
Office Depot really gave me great training in customer service and office equipment trouble shooting. Great first Job. Fun coworkers great opportunities to reach out to our community,
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Pay
Hostile and uncoopritive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2016
The management of this particular store give no training to new employees and when questions are asked they act as though you are incompetent. The pay is so low that you have take a second job due to the fact you can't get enough hours to make it even worth staying there. The store manager was not willing to work with scheduling to allow to have a second job. Also the district manager was Napoleonic person who belittled the staff whenever he/she came in.
Not a bad company to for.
Sale Associate Part Time (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 20, 2016
This is a retail business like other retailers I enjoy working there but left to go work at a Disney Resort. They also have a problem with retention which made difficult to fill shifts.
Pros
Work with good people.
Cons
Problems with retention
Picker/Inventory Control/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 19, 2016
Very hard workers and environment is very clean and neat. I learn to drive a cherry pick and do Inventory Control/ Machine Operator. Management could use help due to lack of knowledge.
A multitasking job, with the ability to cross train in all areas.
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILAugust 19, 2016
Typical days can be rewarding. Management training programs are really good. Expectations can be a bit out of reach but ample time to improve is available. An overall good place to learn retail.
Pros
Variety of learning opportunities.
Cons
Sometimes business can be slow and hours are cut.
Interesting place to work with
Merchandice (Former Employee) –  San Patricio, TXAugust 18, 2016
A typical day: Helping the customer to find the merchandise he is looking for.
Receiving, classifying, stocking and organizing the merchandise in different areas.
Pros
Meeting new customers everyday
Very educational enviorment
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Delafield, WIAugust 18, 2016
Very great place to work, a lot of great training, and advancement opportunities. The culture is very welcoming, the customers very pleasant to work with.
Good starting Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2016
although my time was limited with the company - I would still say this was a great learning experience and certainly teaches you how to be a part of an outside sales team.
Poor district manager drove good employees away
Assiatant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  MNAugust 18, 2016
The job was fulfilling until they brought in a new District Manager with minimal people skills. He would come into the store and yell at my hourly associates. He forced us to open early and close late without additional payroll. My coworkers were amazing and most of the customers are quite reasonable. They expect WAY too much from associates considering the low pay and payroll dollars which makes you feel short staffed at all times. It was a great place before the merger with Office Depot.
Pros
room for advancement, decent amount of PTO
Cons
lack of breaks, poor payroll distribution, too much micromanagement
Comfortable and Growing work environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 18, 2016
The work environment is comfortable and many ways to grow and learn. However, there is very little ways to advance in the job. I have been able to learn and improve my costumer service skills.
Pros
Management, Environment, Flexible hours
Cons
Part time, no room for advancement.
Office Depot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILAugust 18, 2016
A typical day consists of serving the customers that come into the store. I learned how to assist customer with their business office needs. I had a good management team as well as great co-workers.
Job Summary
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 17, 2016
It's a very good working environment with good people and nice people to talk to. The work is fast pace and everyone is friendly to you. The work is interesting and you get to meet lots of new people and get to meet new job everyday. Someday it's boring because you do things over and over, but you have to do it to get the job done. I would recommend this job to friends and family.
fun and safe working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  sarasota FlAugust 16, 2016
officemax is a good working environment. My co-workers are very nice and caring for each other. Our sales are always reached and we are known as the number one store.

Office Depot OfficeMax Reviews by Location