Office Depot OfficeMax
3,635 reviews

Office Depot OfficeMax United States Employee Reviews

Office Depot
Cashier (Former Employee), National City, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: its a great first job
Cons: no comment
it teach me a lot about management and sales, something that i didn't know i had the eye for and now I really enjoy. I would really recommend this job for someone to be their first job
Never felt respected
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Union, NJApril 26, 2015
For a job it was very stressful. I had to constantly cover for people and they only gave me breaks if I had worked at least 6 hours. The managers were disrespectful. Especially the store managers. He always made innappropiate remarks.
Not too much to say here
Computer Technician & Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 25, 2015
Typical day consists of disgruntled coworkers and customers. I like the structure the company has and their aim to provide quality service to all their customers. Approach the customer and Welcome them to the store following your offer to help or ask questions to help the find exactly what they need.
Currently, if hired you'll be swept into an environment short staffed and will find yourself scrambling back and forth trying to help. To get the most hours, Full time is only available in their copy and print center. There is no official training for the copy center. So be prepared if they just toss you in there. YES, I said they will just toss you in there. Other than that you will need to cross train to obtain more than 25hrs a week.
Sadly enough you will not be compensated for the training as well as being able to provide your expertise throughout the store. It's very much expected of you. Raises do not exist. Sorry
I enjoyed my work experience with Office Depot
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Good pay for this area; nice work environment
Cons: company was in flux during my employment
I enjoyed my time with Office Depot, although the company was going through a merger and the store I worked at closed. The company typically provided associate managers with adequate training.

Our team mostly consisted of part-time employees, and we had a good deal of turnover. Nevertheless, we kept a good crew on staff till the end.

The job was very customer service oriented and we utilized the ISCE (In-Store Customer Experience) program. My job was less task based and more customer service based. I enjoy both, but prefer tasks such as setting plan-o-grams, recovering store, merchandising stock, etc.
many chances for advancements
Operations-Logistics Manager/MOD/Keyholder (Current Employee), Selma, TXApril 24, 2015
merger with office depot and office max has not bee smooth. may changes. lots of lost missing info. no communication. very stressful for myself and peers
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 23, 2015
Office Depot/Max is a great place to work and I would recommend it. Management and co-workers all work well together and get along.
It's aa nice place to work and good people
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Gathersburg,mdApril 23, 2015
Pros: They give you a chance to move up in the comphony
Cons: Short lunch and some time you don have time to take lunch
Management was good it could been better but some time they let the employees run the store and that not good for customer service.
Passionate, Innovative, Fun
eCommerce Operations Manager (Former Employee), Naperville, ILApril 23, 2015
Pros: Great people! Fun place to work.
Cons: Merger blew it all up :(
Was a great place to work especially because of people and the vision of management within eCommerce/Digital. We were moving towards a modern collaborative work environment which was great in that it made you feel like you were aware of everything that was going on. Very transparent as to what we were trying to accomplish.
Fun Place to work, Big Corporate Culture
Sales Enablement (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 22, 2015
Great Organization to work for...Lots of skilled individuals...Great work environment and work/life balance. Lots of room for advancement, strong management team.
Rewarding work with customer satisfaction.
Print Service Specialist (Current Employee), Sanford, NCApril 22, 2015
Pros: Customer Surveys
Cons: Rare breaks during a 7-9hr shift.
* Typical day at work: clock in, turn on machines, daily log book, record information, check email, check TAYLOR orders, check IDEA orders, call UPS to schedule pickups, FedEx shipping, book binding, printing, folding, stapling, laminating, ream cutting, make stamps, call Xerox for maintenance, FedEx paperwork, restock paper, order paper, and order printer supplies.
* I learned how to edit for printing and about my equipment.
* I love my co-workers, they are like family to me.
* My favorite part of the job is the praise I get from my customers when they are satisfied with their product.
Great working environment.
cashier and a customer service specialist (Current Employee), Elgin SCApril 22, 2015
Pros: customers appreciation
Cons: breaks/lunches
This workplace was and is enjoyable, always alert and on the ball as far as working with a team. Days are usually quite busy and hectic but together we achieve great things. My managers and co-workers are just as friendly as I am and hard workers as well. I work in the copy and print center and that is the most stressful department of the entire store. It is also the most enjoyed.
I go to work to get the job done.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Texas City, TXApril 22, 2015
Busy for the most part, worse part is most customers are really rude, and management encourages behavior by giving discounts most of the time. I've dealt with a lot of racism as I'm sure that's with any job, however, I do not feel that the management team worries about how associates feel, just customers. I will say the store manager is family oriented and is flexible with schedules when you need a day off. Everyone gets along for the most part.
great place to work
TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Lanham, MDApril 22, 2015
great place to work. my supervisor help me learn a lot at my internship. she was patient and caring. she help me under the work force and how to be able to work with other
Better watch your back unless you like getting stabbed
General Store Manager (Former Employee), Los Gatos, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: run it like it's you business
Cons: company directives (ICE) are a joke
I spent 7 years at OD as a Store Manager at the largest volume store in the Bay Area before I was shown the door for doing something I was told by my previous DM to do. Now you couldn't pay me enough to go back even though they went through 4 Store Managers at my old store in the 3 years I've been gone. All the good managers left a long time ago. Only the back stabbing Dept. Managers remain.
Overall the job is ok
Customer Service Specialist {CSII} (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2015
Pros: selling plans for incentives
Cons: pay
Everyday at this job I have to that team work is the most important .. aloso along with communication ....my goal is to one day advance in my career of choice. right now office depot has given me the skill to do that and the passion I need to succceed in a hectic retail world.
Excellent Opportunity to Penetrate Market with a Industry Leader in Distribution
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Mid-AtlanticApril 21, 2015
Work with customers to assist is streamlining their buying of multiple areas. Responsible for providing high level customer service throughout sale.
Productive but not enough hours.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Prattville, ALApril 21, 2015
Pros: Easily make friends, meet and greet customers.
Cons: No healthcare and no free lunches.
Fun place to work, flexible schedule but no benefits. Management and staff very friendly plus they're easy to talk without being snobbish. Hardest part of the job is to deal with very adamant customers and the easiest is to meet and greet them who are understanding while being helped.
A great job if you love Retail: Customer service,stocking and selling.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Berwyn, ILApril 21, 2015
Pros: benefits, teamwork
Cons: not a lot of hours in slow season
the thing I liked about this job is teamwork and everyday learning something new either by employees or customers.
the best day to work is Saturday, you get a good mix of customer and is quite busy. fun day.
Reason for leaving
Receiving supervisor (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 20, 2015
I loved working for this company. I worked several different positions during my time with OfficeMax. I had my eye on store manager then the news came that the store would be closing.
Excellent work environment and pay
Furniture specialist (Former Employee), Lansing, MIApril 20, 2015
Pros: flexable hours and managers
Cons: early holiday hours
I was part time. Management was excellent. Promoted in my first year. Promoted to full time. Coworkers were awesome and friendly. There wasn't any downside to this job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Office Depot OfficeMax

If you'd like for me to upload, just need to confirm logo..assuming the logo from the careers site, but want to confirm since – Read more

Office Depot OfficeMax Salaries