Office Depot OfficeMax
3,311 reviews

Office Depot OfficeMax Employer Reviews

Good to their customers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Wyoming, MIJanuary 27, 2015
I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers there. Management was not very appreciative of their employees, however.
Great place to work but limited chances for advancement
Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee), McCalla,ALJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great vacation, set goals, good insurance
Cons: never knew if you were going to have to work extra shifts weekends, management position eliminated so little room for advancement.
Great place to work. We typically did our start up meetings to get our associates started for the the day. Then we would have our managers meetings to discuss the goals. All supervisor worked well together and tried to accomplish goals. The management staff were hard and expected us to perform at high stands but they were very fair and helped us hit these standards. The hardest part of my job was ensuring the associates where productive even though our standard was never set properly and most enjoyable part was working with the associates
Communication/Ethics
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: no room for growth
I want to give the most essential report when dealing with the communication of the management and staffing team. The manager didn't understand what it means to lead by example. This is what made the job that much harder in my opinion.
love the family
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Culver City, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: family oriented
Cons: not enough staff
always there for me when I need them. they are very family oriented group
learning and teaching safety
Delivery Service Manager (Former Employee), Carlstadt, NJJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: bounes
Cons: benifits
Would like to rejoin the team again, was very interesting upper Mgr always made you part of the decision and treaded you with respect, every day was a challenge to reduce transportation cost which he local team which I was a part of did.
Short
Clerk (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAJanuary 25, 2015
I worked here for a very short period of time. I moved in with my now husband and needed to find a job quickly. I took this job for a couple months until I got the call from Chase Bank to start work with them.
Productive and Fun people to work with!
Sr. Business Analyst / Product Owner - Consultant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Excellent work life balance, Always people are willing to help out and be productive. Projects are short term and always result oriented.
Slow pace and somewhat enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: good health benfits
Cons: short breaks
Good retail job to work at. Great service. Get customer service. Learned how to be patient with customers and how to provide excellent service to those who needed help. Hardest part was trying to be patient with someone who was rude. Enjoyable part is making the customer happy.
antiproductive
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), cranston, riJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: disrespect
most days we just down stocked isles
i learned about race and how it effects the workplace
management spent most of there time socializing
coworkers we great people expect for a lot of racial comments
hardest part was dealing with racial comments
best thing was they paid every week
Windows
Manager (Current Employee), Delray Beach, FLJanuary 24, 2015
I Would Check credit for special pricing and set up appointments for a rep to personally speak with the clients. Also i would make sure that customers are the sole owner of a home before we can install hurricane impact windows
Great Place to work, treat their people very well,
Territory Development Manager (Former Employee), MOJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: ceo of your own success
High level employer, great on building on existing skills while adding others, general product mix i.e., office supplies providing the basic needs of many offices gives a salesperson a wide range of prospective customers and opportunities within existing clientele.

I have developed stronger listening skills which enables the salesperson to identify inefficiencies in the customer's environment.

Stronger time-management and organizational skills, which assist in moving the sales process along faster. Great management team from the Senior EVP, down to the district level.
Solid company with a supportive and friendly work enviroment
Business Analyst I & II (Former Employee), Naperville IlJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: friendly work environment and ability to work from home.
Cons: loss of pension and long commute
OfficeMax provided me with many opportunities for personal growth.
They provided in house training to improve and/or increase knowledge in almost every area of business as well as communication. I was given the chance to create and manage my own processes which enhanced the overall performance of the company.
Easy going yet productive work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Racine, WIJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day is steady for the most part. This job has taught me that helping a customer to your most potential leaves them knowing that you care about their experience. I also learned how customer's like to be treated and how they like to be approached, so that has helped me with my customer service skills. The Management is all very knowledgable at what they do and most of the time are a pleasure to work with. My co-workers are all pretty pleasant for the most part. The hardest part of the job is honestly dealing with an unpleasant customer. The most enjoyable part is when a customer has an issue and you help them, even if it takes a while. When they see that you're putting in extra effort and solve the issue for them, for the most part I can sense that they appreciate it. When they're really satisfied I tell them to take our survey and then we both benefit from it.
Productive and excellent work environment for all staff members. We make sure to get the jobs and duties done in a organized timely manner.
Associate Manager (Current Employee), ReisterstownJanuary 23, 2015
Our main goal is to make each and every customer feel welcome and pleased with our store. We are to help them in any way possible, to go above and beyond for them. The most enjoyable part of my job is building a bond with the customers. My coworkers do their absolute best to get their jobs completed and achieved. We make sure to greet customers as they walk in and assist their needs. We get our daily freight work done, make sure the shelves are stocked with products for the customers. My copy and print department works on faxing, copying, and printing documents, pictures, and files for customers. My technical department does free PC checks for viruses. They work on any DNR's (Services) on Laptops and Desktops. Management checks on daily sales and numbers from last year to match or exceed the goal. We do daily deposits and count registers. Check daily emails, check the schedule and plan the days work plan.
Sinking ship...along with all specialty retail
Store Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: company is failing, so hours are getting cut
Cons: not enough payroll to properly manage store
get out. stay away. specialty retail is a contracting sector and will go the way of the book stores...
Sales
Cashier (Current Employee), Roseville, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: learning about sales
Cons: management
This is a very sales oriented position, but most of the job is making sure the customers get a rewards card. This can sometimes make for a stressful environment. However, the other associates that work here are very kind and helpful. Management is only seen when called or when there is a sale to be made.
Productive enviroment
Print Services Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 21, 2015
It started out as a great place to work for but management has ruined it. I love what I do and the steady customer flow.
Great place and great people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 21, 2015
Assigned breaks and lunches to all employee.
Trained new sales associates.
Stocked and replenished merchandise according to store merchandising layouts.
Priced merchandise, stocked shelves and took inventory of supplies.
Cleaned and organized the store, including the checkout desk and displays.
summary
General Store Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2015
They work you hard and they do not appreciate the work you put in. Not a good job/life balance. Don't recommend working there,
Good company to work for.
Equipment operator (Former Employee), Signal Hill, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: consistent work.
Cons: benefits at the time of my employment were not so great.
Good company to work for. Work is consistent. Benefits were not very good. Management during my time of employment was concerned.

1 2 3 4 5