Office Depot OfficeMax Employee Reviews

Working at Office Depot
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 12, 2018
From Management to entry-level, employee attitudes reflect that they sense, with good reason, that the store's future is uncertain. Teamwork was not this store's forte and training was basically nonexistent.
Pros
Laidback culture
Cons
Low hourly pay, lackadaisical attitudes all around
Good Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2018
I have no reserves about working for Office Depot; it was educational, and enriching work. It was an opportunity to build and network with every business in the community. As retail is, the work as a Store Manager was plentiful, but with the right management team, that work is balanced.
Fun and rewarding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  KentuckyFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for Office Depot. Managment was helpful. Most defiantly focused on customer care. I learned a lot about operating a large printing machine.
Pros
Knowledable staff, family oriented
Cons
Pay wasnt very suitable
fun place
cashier/stocker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19149February 12, 2018
typical day is ok
customer serivces
management is ok
a bit racial
being one person to control everything when management dosen't want to help because they are busy with conference calls
poor
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 12, 2018
I did not have a good experience there and would not recommend taking a position with this company. there was no investment in employees. poor management.
Sinking Ship
employee (Current Employee) –  ORFebruary 12, 2018
The management was great before the merger, however good people are leaving and ridiculous plans are in motion and the hours/pay and the stock is sinking
Pros
meager discounts
Cons
skipped breaks, late if any lunch, terrible management, worse execs, stupid sales goals, unqualified angry teams, 0 money for store hours or repairs. terrified to stock.
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2018
A typical day as an ops manager at office depot would include the process of dealing with inventory. From the process of receiving new merchandise to shipping back or returning old merchandise. We will train other associates and be sales lead for the store.
Pros
Great learning opportunity
Cons
A lot of responsibility
Supervisor
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAFebruary 12, 2018
Great compant to work for !! I would still be work if they didnt cloes down my hub because it was vary samll . The people that i work with was great to work with .
Productive and easy to work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2018
Each day required my customer service and organizational skills. I made sure that the merchandise on the shelves were neatly organized. I assisted the customers in locating different items. I serviced the customers at the cash register to help their purchases go smoothly.

The manager was very understanding and easy to communicate with. The job was not hard at all. I enjoyed the customer contact and being to constantly move around to different sections of the store. I would love to be able to work there again.
Pros
Was able to cross-train in other various areas.
Cons
Not bad if you like safe.
National Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 12, 2018
The company in going through significant changes that are for the betterment of the company. With that however, are less workers and more work load due to trimming of employees and work transfer to who's left. We are fairly secure in my position however, there no advancement opportunities in my position. Overall a really good transition job into something better.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay and generous time off.
Cons
no real growth opportunities in my particular position.
Technology Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLFebruary 12, 2018
It is a good place to work, especially as a part time job. They were flexible in their scheduling and tried to accommodate students. The managers that I had were (for the most part) fair and attempted to help employees grow and develop.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
retail
Great Place to work
Contract Compliance/Pricing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAFebruary 11, 2018
Great place to work, good benefits. Work/Life Balance is good, management understands that family is first. Company offer salary employees the option to work from home a couple of days.
Nice Workplace
Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 10, 2018
1. Typically busy in coding and taking interviews.
2. As work on different areas on the company, get to learn a lot.
3. Work culture is quite good.
4. Not much stressful to work in Office Depot.
Seasonal work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNFebruary 10, 2018
The job wasn't too bad.. The pay could be better for the amount of work needed. I worked in almost every position there, but since I applied part-time they kinda took advantage of the situation and I missed out on alot of potential money but also benefits.
good company with a large customer and emplyee base
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJFebruary 9, 2018
Company was very diversified and had a lot of different product training and employee team work .regular meetings and gatherings with employee interaction with a good work environment including offers of bonus and other monetary incentives .
Nice Work Environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Working here was amazing. I got along with everyone and management was understanding and approachable. My location was short on staff so my hours were crazy did not have much time for myself, but I am not complaining. Management and employees got along. Management at this location taught me everything i can learn to exceed and move up from my starting position, unfortunately corporate shut down our location. Overall, working here was incredible, but in every job you will run into rude and despicable customers.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
Short lunch
Great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNFebruary 9, 2018
always busy the minute you clock in
great staff
did a lot of lifting
not many breaks were offered when it got busy
management was great
overall a good place to work.
Productive & Fun Workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAFebruary 9, 2018
OfficeMax/Office Depot allowed me to grow skills in communication, sales maximization, and customer service. It is a great place to work as it has an inviting company culture. In my experience, the people I worked with made the job fun to go to for every shift. I would definitely recommend people to take a chance at working for the company.
Pros
Fun work environment, Healthy company culture, Great coworkers
Small Store with large concentration of part time employees.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOFebruary 9, 2018
The Independence store is around 1/3 the size of the regular stores. The only full time employees are managers or the print supervisor.

I would spend a good deal of time unloading truck.
Manager That Doesn't Care
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORFebruary 9, 2018
At first, my days were nice and fun but as time went on one of my managers changed and did not treat me like an employee and more like a nuisance. I know I am only 17 but that does not mean you can treat me like i am a problem you can't get rid of. Tell me how and what I am doing wrong please. That would be the hardest part of the job, getting talked down to by my boss and getting yelled at for talking to customers. But the most enjoyable part was how friendly my co-workers are and it will be sad to leave them.. Once I am for sure going to have another job I am putting in a two-week notice and getting out of there
Pros
20% discount, friendly coworkers, some friendly managers
Cons
rude manager, getting yelled at for doing your job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Office Depot OfficeMax. Our community is ready to answer.

52K