Office Depot OfficeMax Employee Reviews

Found 5,428 reviews matching the search
Decent Employer, very corporate attitude
Impress / Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 18, 2017
I took this job primarily as a way to make some money while in school. I ended up working here for a couple of years. It was a pretty good job, all things considered, but the general corporate attitude was very rigid and didn't seem in tune with the realities of the economy in my area or with the real-life needs of some of the employees.
Pros
Reliable work and customer flow
Cons
rigid mindset
great job
Sale associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2017
over all it was a great company to work they gave me the ability to work and go to school also. I became the number one in sales in the district when i was a part time worker
Great work environment and friendly coworkers
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDApril 18, 2017
I had a blast working here. The employees are all very encouraging and actually care how you are doing. They want to see you succeed and they help you set and achieve goals. They make things fun and working there fun.
Loved Working here
Impress Supervisor (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 18, 2017
I loved working here when the west york store was open. The employees were like family it was a shame that Office Depot bought it out and closed my store. Management was amazing and it was a friendly workplace.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
bought out
Good culture
Major Accounts Manager/TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2017
Good people, good strategies, work with employees to advance. Good plan on building moral and continuity. Needing some structure reorganization, but feel they are working on it.
Exciting times to be instrumental in winning big bids with my writing skills.
Proposal Writer (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAApril 18, 2017
I had always wanted to write for a living. Office Depot Business Solutions Division gave me that opportunity and I loved the work. It was a great job and I was sad to see it end when the mortgage crisis caused us to drastically downsize.
Pros
Got to write for a living, friendly people, good benifits, lots of independence to be creative
Cons
Some policies made it impossible to work remotely, which could have greatly enhanced my efficacy in winning bids
Prdoctive and fun workplae
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 18, 2017
I really did enjoy working with the office depot company. Fun and entertaining never a dull moment. had a lot of opportunities within the company . A good first job
Decent
CPD SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 18, 2017
Management isn't the best here. I do enjoy doing what I do. But after being with the company so many years on and off, I don't feel I am appreciated at all. And I don't get the benefits I deserve. I have spoken on and off with all different mangers that have come through here about this situation. None have followed through. I haven't even gotten a pay raise that we are suppose to get yearly.
Pros
helping customers
Cons
No breaks, Poor Managment, Poor training, poor benefits
Grew up there
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CAApril 18, 2017
this job was where i found myself and grew into the seller and person that i am especially around others. grew relationships after relationships there and miss the customers alot
Did not like working there.
Operation Supervisor/Logistic Manager/Furn.Spec (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXApril 17, 2017
Was always up front doing Manager on duty tasks. Manager never scheduled enough help for me to consistently ever get the operations work done. Was still held accountable for the work getting done. I did acquire a lot of customer service skills, conflict resolution and problem solving skills. I improved my managerial skills tremendously over the last two years. Was always pressured and stressed out to reach deadlines. Always a stressed environment never happy.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to do my job, at the standards that it was suppose to be done..
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
Not an enviteing place to work
Layoffs at regular intervals
Ecommerce Category Manager, OfficeDepot.com (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 17, 2017
It a good place to work but unfortunately with all the distractions from the Staples takeover the environment is very stressful due to layoffs.
New leadership.
Pros
Pays is good especially for Florida
Cons
Regular layoffs
Slow paced environment, great team to work with. Flexible with time off. Family oriented.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 17, 2017
As an associate it is a slow environment. The pay is minimum wage ergo not the best. This is a good job for a high school person who does not need a great income. Even for a retiree it is not sufficient. The management team is great, very friendly, easy going. Not stressful at all. There is nothing hard about working here. The best part are the people. However for a retail job the benefits after a year are good.
Pros
Fun stress free environment.
Cons
Minimum wage.
Fun and Fast Paced Environment
SENIOR SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CA 95630April 17, 2017
A typical day for me at work consists of taking print orders. Some of which I do on the spot and others we do over the period of the day if not a few days depending on the type of job. I also assist customers on the sales floor with technology, supplies, or furniture needs. My co-workers are great to work with and make the job all the better throughout the day. My managers are great at what they do and are great at teaching new skills. I have learned how to hone my multitasking skills while managing our copy and print center.
Great Retail Store
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARApril 17, 2017
Here, you have several different departments to work in, so finding the right spot for you is easy. It gives you great opportunity for advancement as well.
Fun and fast paced
TECH/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAApril 17, 2017
Fast paced, sales work. Usually on the floor in sales. Was a top salesperson when I worked for Office Depot. Did some warehouse work in the back but mainly sales or cashier.
Pros
Fun
never again
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 17, 2017
working there was a job with in it's own the management was a revolving door and so was the associate I tried to advance at this job but constantly got denied even a full time position
Good starter job for retail.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 16, 2017
Overall a great place to work, the management is good although it could use some work, great co-workers. Job can be stressful at times due to the high turn around time and expectations.
Fun work environment.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILApril 16, 2017
I didn't stay at this company very long. After getting hired for a forklift operator position, they put me in a different department and didn't certify me on any machinery and refused to every time I brought it up. I was very unsatisfied with management. Other associates I worked with told me that they had been waiting to get certified on the warehouse equipment for over 6 months.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Poor mangement. Put me in the wrong department other than what I applied for.
Learned how to work efficiently.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 16, 2017
This job taught me so much about production and time management. Learned endurance and teamwork. Learned machine operation and working shifts. Company folded so found another type of work.
Pros
Production work
Cons
Not enough pay
friendly staff and helpful management
Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXApril 16, 2017
I was in the tech support part of the store. It was very easy and straight forward work since all you really do is connect customers computers to the office depot network.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Office Depot OfficeMax. Our community is ready to answer.

Office Depot OfficeMax Reviews by Location