Office Depot OfficeMax Employee Reviews

Productive & Fun Workplace
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 12, 2017
Great place to work. Not too fast paced of a job but also not slow and boring. Good people and environment. Flexible hours. Management could us a tune up but overall a steady job with decent pay.
Fun Fast Paced sales and tech work
TECH DEPOT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAOctober 12, 2017
Plenty of opportunities for learning new skills. Very Corporate atmosphere for day to day. Loved working the Tech desk and helping customers with any and all issues.
Too many changes
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 11, 2017
The merger between Office Depot and OfficeMax created significant change in leadership, systems and operations all at the same time. It was not a productive work environment.
Jobs sent overseas
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILOctober 11, 2017
I loved the job, however, they sent most of the positions overseas. We did not have an option to secure our employment during a merger between OfficeMax and OfficeDepot.
Decent place to work
INVENTORY/OPERATIONS MANAGER SUPPLY CHAIN (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 11, 2017
The economy took its toll at the time, but was a good place to work. I had to leave for stability purposes. The workers ere great people to work with. Had issues with management who were not fair to all managers and associates.
Pros
No Weekends
Cons
Some of the leaders/directors in the building
productive
Sales Associate and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2017
Working here will help you stay on your feet. It's fast paced always moving. There is always something to do. Managment is fair. The atmosphere is nice and calm
benefits
Cons
no overtime
fun
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2017
good place to work , very friendly attitude environment. Associates are great at what they do and fast learners . Customers are mostly great to us and we appreciate making our jobs easy going
Pros
learning many things every day
Cons
breaks too short
Great people, and leadership
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2017
Office Depot is a great place to find a career for you. They invest in their talent and will help you become a better sales person. They have fun while working hard.
Great team
Cashier/customer service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed working at Office Depot . People I worked with are awesome and team excellence . Unity and fun environment . I transferred once . Because I had to relocate, and at both stores I had a good working experience.
Pros
Lunch after 4 hours
Cons
Part time
Fast Paced Work Place
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 11, 2017
My view on Office Depot is a great place to work for someone that is attending school if your trying to pursue a career this would not be an opportunity, but it is a excellent place to seek customer service experience for you future career.
Good for a part time job
Senior Tech Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peachtree Corners, GAOctober 11, 2017
Management micro manages, they will do anything to get sales up. Management steals tech commissions.Hours are cut when the stores are not as busy. Lacks career advancement.It's good for a part time job if you are in school, otherwise unless you are management I would not recommend. Stressful. Work/life balance sucks.
Cons
Barely get a break.Hours cut. Micro Management Lack of Advancement
Easy job
Print Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2017
Easy and very relaxed . And you don't get out so late . Holidays come and go . The stress isn't there compared to other stores . You get out early for holidays or even they close early or are just closed for the day
Not bad
Senior IT Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 10, 2017
It's a great entry level sales job. Management can be a different experience for anyone depending on who your manager is. You don't have to cold call.
Wouldnt suggest
Sr. Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 10, 2017
Lack of advancement and underpaid for skillset. Working hours change every week not much of a family life because of working weekends, can make ok money off commission if you want to work for it
Great Sales experience
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAOctober 10, 2017
Sales consultant***
assisted customers in all areas and provided guidance to purchases to fit their daily needs,

Serviced computers, printers
Tech experience

Relaxed environment and great sales motivation from management
Pros
sales experience
Cons
advancement options
Good starter Job
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 10, 2017
When I worked there it was Office Max so things I am sure are different now. It was a great place for a student and hours were flexible and I had the opportunity to move up twice while I was there. I left when we got a new store manager
Very organized and laid back
Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  7091 College Pkwy Suite # 18, Fort Myers, FL 33907October 10, 2017
Lots of restocking and knowledge of the Point Of Sales system on the register. Very quiet. Its easy to get distracted at night but during the day you get pretty busy and it keeps you on your toes. You have to learn about all different types of technologies and other office supplies. I worked here for a short amount of time due to bed rest for preterm labor.
Pros
Stool to sit if you need it, hour lunch
Cons
restocking all the time
Very busy when it comes to print services
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAOctober 10, 2017
I would have never left this company if it wasn't do to the lack of advancement within my store or the level of work and going above and beyond that was left unnoticed .
A good place to work
Office Depot (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 10, 2017
It is a good place to work but I am looking to grow and hopefully move out of state. I have made great connections throughout the years in that place and thankful for what I have learned.
Not many individuals will advance in work there
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 10, 2017
Only a select few will end up making their way from the grunt level of work to management, this is based off the available positions and the desire to continue working there. Some managers at stores are very good at what they do, some aren't it's luck of the draw.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Office Depot OfficeMax. Our community is ready to answer.