Office Depot OfficeMax Employee Reviews

Found 6,426 reviews matching the search
Learned A Lot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKSeptember 28, 2017
When I started at Office Depot, I was computer literate, but there I learned to evaluate and diagnose computers. I learned about networking and specs.
Pros
Really fun place, Awsome management, Believed in teaching employees about every aspect of store and business.
Cons
A few really late nights.
Co-workers can be wonderful, upper management destroys morale
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CASeptember 28, 2017
Office Depot/Max is the kind of job you get as a college student looking for better work. They do NOT pay enough for the amount of work required for the positions of Copy and Print and Technology Services. Upper management constantly hounds stores for more productivity, all the while cutting payroll, benefits, etc. Corporate makes questionable decisions constantly; like forcing employees to work during hurricanes or shortly after them. (In Florida and Puerto Rico during/after Irma 2017.) This company isn't going to last for much longer, I give it another 5-10 years. Getting promoted for this company doesn't give you any incentives, unless you become store manager or co store manager, which is as far as you can go. The type of customer base for this company is just as toxic as the corporation itself, however there are the occasional good ones in there. The hardest time of the year for OD/OM is the end of summer for Back to School sales, which is when they get the most customers.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Some Benefits, Can be challenging at times
Cons
Horrible Management, Underpaid, No Career Advancement
temp. job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2017
boring, never had any music playing. Never got trained properly, almost as if they don't want you to move up (in position). 02303 (wilshire, Los Angeles) location has the worst management team. never made the employees feel enthusiastic to make/up sell. Training for his is such a drag that it made me feel "Why should i even try." Nothing is wrong with this location or job. It's smack in the middle of businesses in west Hollywood. It should be doing better and have better numbers, but the just needs a fresh team!
Pros
Cons
Boring, Poor management, poor customer service
Great place to work if you have the patience of a rock.
Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TX 79413September 27, 2017
The manager I worked with got caught up in a lot of issues with the store, making it a tough work environment. Cared little about those that worked for him and more for himself. It was a shame to see the store spiral the way it did.
Data Entry Clerk for Transportation drivers (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CASeptember 27, 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. My supervisor was a great and fun guy to work with. I enjoyed learning and trying a new task. My day consist of data entry. I learned a lot with management. It was fairly an easy job.
Pros
Free coffee and often got snacks and treats
Cons
My con was I was part time.
fun and relaxed pace
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 27, 2017
I really like working at Office Depot. All the managers including the store manager are easy to talk to and understand when things come up. If you encounter a problem on the register somebody will come t o help you. Everybody is cool! Hardest part of the job is when a customer is having a bad day or in hurry,
Lack of quality
Assistant Store Manager - Sales (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 27, 2017
The main issue with this company is the lack of focus on quality. They want to just sell stuff is the mentality. They do not focus on the customer experience and what it means to really take care of their people and the customer.
it was great when I first started
Receiving/customer service manager (Former Employee) –  Munhall, PASeptember 27, 2017
I started out part time, within 4 months I was learning receiving. A months later I was offered a receiving position in another store. Six months later I was given the Receiving Manager position. I held that position for 4 years. Started customer service manager. From that point things went down hill. Left to start another job.
Pros
hours at first
Cons
hours, store manager refused to listen to employees
Good Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Enjoy my work, but unfortunately my store is closing. Office Depot purchased Office Max about 5 years ago, and they have decided the College Station Office Depot and Office Max are to close together. They want to close one and Office Max was chosen to be eliminated.
Pros
Good work environment, flexable hours
Cons
Store closing
Work Environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 27, 2017
Could not have asked for better local management and coworkers. Wonderful work environment. Accommodating for family life. Good sales training. Good relationship with vendors.
Pros
Local team and management
Amazing Company
Sales Associate/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Office Depot is a great place to work for people trying to advance in retail. The company trains you in many fields other than just your department. You learn to be a diverse employee and how to multi task.
ok company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 26, 2017
Like all other retail companies, bad district manager, every store is treated different depending on how close they are with the district manager. Many managers we able to fail up the chain. Run your store into the ground "here let me give you a bigger store" no accountability between stores and managers.
Sad to Leave
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYSeptember 26, 2017
Due to issues with the corporate decision to close my store, I am sad to have to leave a great family at Office Depot. The management and the fellow co-workers have been a wonderful family to get to know.

I have enjoyed my time working with my managers and other friends there. The work was not too hard, but when it was, I had the aid of the others.
Pros
Flexible Hours and Lots of people to help out.
Nice retail company
Assistant Manager - Sales (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILSeptember 26, 2017
At the time I was there, I was able to make positive changes that resulted in increased sales and overall business. Generally the staff was willing and eager to learn.
work was easy laid back
lead sales technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSSeptember 26, 2017
easy job but if your looking for advancement or low of hours you want get them there.to may bosses telling you what to do.you start with a lot of hours then they start taking them away.
Pros
laid back
Cons
low hours no way to advance
good place to work
Stock and merchandise freight operator (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 26, 2017
management was clear and understanding. work wasn't too fast paced but not boring. talking to customers was generally easy. would receive commission which was cool.
Horrible place to work
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  WestSeptember 26, 2017
Nothing really good to say about this place. I guess they did leave you becwhen you were working. It was just too much chaos and pretty poor management.
I loved working in the copy and print area
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WISeptember 26, 2017
The work day was very busy, sometimes so busy that I would have to work both the registers up front and the copy and print area at the same time. I learned how to use Photoshop there.
The management was nice and understanding, I was pregnant at the time and had lots of complications. The hardest part of the job was needing more crew members in the copy and print department but it was a small area and hard to move around in. I enjoyed the daily challenges in the copy and print area.
Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 26, 2017
I enjoyed my job and was very happy with my accomplishments as were my direct management team. However due to a restructuring of the company my position was eliminated as were 400 others.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Constant concern over job security
QlikView/Qliksense Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Working at office depot will be a challenging thing and gives you good working experience if you are a person who likes challenging roles. overall this can add an great advantage to your experience as there are many roles involved in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Office Depot OfficeMax. Our community is ready to answer.