Office Depot
1,754 reviews

Office Depot Employer Reviews

Fun and enjoyable place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), FloridaNovember 24, 2014
Pros: friendly employees and co-workes
Cons: not stable for my future.
Great place to work if you love dealing with people. but the benefits aren't that great and not stable. I don't believe its good place to retire. The people i work with are amazing on a every day basis, getting to know the different customers and having a relationship with them is an amazing experiences.
Fun new Learning experience
Copy and Print Specialest (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 24, 2014
Pros: free prints on most items
Cons: n/a
It was awesome working with the copy and print department at Office Depot. I learned a lot of things I didn't know about printing, paper types and the different things I could print out. We would print everything from books to flyers, and advertising.
always fast moving. always busy
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Oglethorpe, GANovember 23, 2014
Pros: discount prices
Cons: eh
Pretty okay place to work for not that amazing. I learned how to deal with costumers , and good tactics for sales. Management was absolutely awful , will just leave it at that. You get written up for being sick , because in the rules it says you have to have a pre planned sickness to call out. that doesn't make since at all.
Have not been back
Tech Department Manager (Former Employee), North Augusta, SCNovember 21, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long distnce and bad upper mangement
there were to many games being played, the use of headsets was more of a hinderance due to the chatter that the mangment required in order to boost morale. Thier was also a sepration of the staff not by the normal lines but by the store manger picking his favorites and not being fair with anyone eles.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service and Copy & Print Specialist (Current Employee), Frederick, MDNovember 20, 2014
I love Office Depot! It's honestly a really good job. I love working in copy and print and being able to experience with customers hands-on. I am always able to get a sense of what they their finishing product to look like without them giving me all of the details.
Customer Service number one goal
Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Traverse City, MINovember 20, 2014
Pros: had fun at work
Cons: better health care that is not so expensive
Making sure all customers are taken care of in a timely manner
How important customer service is
how we are the back bone of the company
fun fun co-workers we had awesome group of employees
handling upset customers
customers that were happy with the service
Fun and growing company
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee), North Augusta, SCNovember 20, 2014
The day started with the sales overview of the day before, we always strived to make each day better than the day before. each part of the store had its own manager and assistant manager. We had sales quotas and protection plan quotas to meet every day . Office Depot really looked out for there employees , we had luncheons, birthday parties, holiday – more... events and more. The most enjoyable part was learning all the ins and outs of sales , customer service and retail management. I learned to work hard and sometimes fast . Office Depot gave me the tools to become the great sales person I am today . We were always rewarded for our efforts . – less
Love it
Forklift operate (Former Employee), Odton MarylandNovember 19, 2014
Pros: got pay every week
Cons: i close down the plant
I really enjoy my time at this company. The hardest part about that job was getting their I did have a car at the time. Management was the best i every deal with.
The experience was my 1st job but it came with many positives.
Customer Consulant (Former Employee), DeSoto, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: customer service, learning about protection plans and about technology
Cons: stress and trying to relate to each customer
A typical day at Office Depot was stressful no lie. Some customers would come in and they knew exactly they needed or wanted. Others came in very curious asking billion of questions. I learned that with every customer it is a different need and there is always a solution to there problems. The customers never wanted anything that would break there pockets – more... they either wanted to know what was on sale or where the clearance area were. The management at Office Depot wasn't bad people at all they had very strong and encouraging saling routes. They was smiled and moved as fast as they could. My co-workers at OD are very different I must all of them had different stories we never talked liked that but when we did it was either a joke or some type of humor to make you or the customer laugh. The hardest part of the job was upselling no matter what was on sale it could be a 13 cent folder some customers didn't want to spend that extra to increase the sales per person or the average ticket item. The most enjoyable part of the job was either a tech depot service or helping someone with furniture and ordering items for people to help them save money when the order was over fifty dollars. – less
Customer Services
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2014
Typical work day is taking care of customer and offering excellent customer service
Sales Executive
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2014
Cons: fast pace, short breaks, healthcare
•Typical day-to-day as a Sales Executive includes will service, sell and manage for the company for all stores in the district related technologies, and facilities.
•Provide sales tactics for representatives and training courses for new hires.
•New business development and account management.
•On site troubleshooting computers.
Excellent customer service environment with a strong sales culture
Store Operations Manager (Current Employee), Guaynabo, PRNovember 16, 2014
In charge of the In Store Customer Experience program in which we treat every customer personal and purchasing needs.

Able to handle the opening and closing of the store including the daily deposits and balance of the cash registers and safe deposit.

Implementing the planograms changes, receiving merchandise thru warehouse delivery and maintaining – more... delivery records for our corporate customers. – less
Retail
Customer Service (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXNovember 15, 2014
The work day went by fast and was over all not too bad. The lunch breaks were only thirty minutes and usually had to be taken an hour after arrival. The hardest part of my job was dealing with rude customers but that is any job and when handled the right way can be resolved. I worked well with my coworkers and enjoyed working there most days.
Great Office Supply Company
Store Manager (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 14, 2014
Overall a company that is all about the customers. I really enjoyed the program that was in place to bring customer service to the next level. Office Depot has great learning programs to help advance each associate to their full potential.
A treat for the Geek.
Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2014
Pros: plenty of things to learn in the technical world, and a lot of self managment.
Cons: short breaks.
A lot of interesting people work here. Very nice and neat. Everything is structured very well, and the management is awesome.
exelet company
Customer service (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 13, 2014
office depot, is a very calm and very good company, we could help customers with them inquiries,, about all products offers
typical day
Department Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 12, 2014
Pros: customers and employees
Cons: late nights and early mornings
I would come in balance money, ensure registers are put out. Manage all employees, maintain daily tasks.
bonus for being employee of the month
CSR (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CANovember 12, 2014
I learned what ink went with what computer, different types of printer paper how to operate a computer etc. My coworkers are always amazing at any job. The hardest part was figuring out in the begining all the little details that seemed overwhelming at the time and at the end were extremely easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was that not only – more... did i do cashering i was also allowed on the floor to stock my day went by so much faster – less
Good company to work for
Customer Service Manager for Sales Support (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 12, 2014
Overall this is a fine company to work for. I found my managers and VP's open and honest.
Productive fast pased work place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Newville, PANovember 12, 2014
Pros: futhered my knowledge of warehousing
Cons: lack of communication
Productive fast pased work place, picked, packed, and shipped orders,perform inventory counts,Q/A work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Office Depot

Office Depot, Inc. is a global supplier of office products and services. The Company is organized into three business segments: – Read more