Office Depot
1,542 reviews

Office Depot Employer Reviews

productive
Computer tech/ Customer service (Current Employee), Madison, WIAugust 21, 2014
small retail lots of hands on boss is personal customers friendly pleasant place to work
Productive, Encouraging
Manager in Training, Copy Center, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tustin, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great work flow, great team
Cons: wasn't paid enoug or promoted for my performance
Exciting work day, learned as much as the manager would teach, management was wonderful to work with minus the general manager, great fun loving co-workers, hardest part of the job would've been the drive to and from, most enjoyable part was the entirety of store itself.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Cheektowaga,NYAugust 20, 2014
It was good working here the setting was fair management was fair
Best in Class Supply Chain Logistics Team
Transportation Procurement Analyst (Former Employee), Naperville, ILAugust 19, 2014
A great place to work where innovation and passion were key. Many opportunities to learn and get involved in key projects.
Learned alot
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Signal Hill, CAAugust 18, 2014
Working as a warehouse associate wasn't the most glamorous job I've ever had, but the schedule allowed me to work the hours I needed as well as do other things such as finish my college courses, intern, and work another job.

Some of the managers make work life pleasant on the clock and other make it the complete opposite.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Normal, ILAugust 18, 2014
I enjoyed working for office depot. I was able to work in various department and be very useful to both the company and customers.
Fast paced work environment.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Boynton Beach, FLAugust 16, 2014
Pros: commission when selling protecting plans and tech services.
Fast paced work environment with high expectations and all about customer service.A typical day would be doing some displays and coaching and guiding employees on selling and keeping customers happy. I learned time management because all my tasks are timed. The most enjoyable part of my job was making the customer happy and taking care of them with – more... whatever they need. – less
Nice way to break into the job market
Copy and Print Specialist (Former Employee), Overland, MOAugust 16, 2014
This was a nice job that offered an excellent opportunity to understand the inner workings of the business supplies industry.
Work Culture
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 16, 2014
Its a sand trap. Management will not promote or advance you unless you like to suck up. Store Management is disorderly and lacks motivation to do their job. The company will always pick and chose the customer over the employee. Good company to work for if you are a student because the customers will teach you how real people are and company will show – more... you how real management works (sarcasm). Bad company to work for if you want a job/career. – less
Xerox Certified Copy and Print Specialist (Former Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 15, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule if your in college
Cons: no room for advancement
Nice place to work if you like working in retail.
-Great managers and coworkers.
-Flexible schedule
Overall good company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Buford, GAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: flexible job hours
Cons: no stability for managment
Cant complain the pay is ok. The managers are good people, but they seem to get changed out a lot.
Typical retail - low pay, low hours, limited advancement
PC Tech/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sand City, CAAugust 15, 2014
Pros: competent management, clear policies, product training available
Cons: starve to death if this is your only income
Like most retail jobs, the pay and hours suck and employment policies set by corporate are clearly meant to maximize churn. The staff and management were generally friendly and competent and there was no drama, so at least my time spent working was pleasant.
Very busy and positive work environment
Customer Service Specialists (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2014
The Copy and Print Center was my assigned department. On a daily bases I assisted all customer’s with all their coping, binding, faxing, and custom design orders. I also answer all store calls, customer purchases and UPS/USPS shipping.
Poor place to work.
Business Service Specialist (Current Employee), McAllen, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: need common sense and basic reading skills, good working experience dealing w/multiple personalities, good experience in a corporation
Cons: no one is helpful, not enough workers, forced to deal with difficult situations on your own, management needs improvement, need higher pay
No proper training, disorganized, management needs improvement or be available altogether, and not a "team" friendly environment. Slave driving company that demands full attention. This job requires as much hours as possible, staying later and doing over time is no surprise. It's a very demanding environment that is not recommended for people going – more... to school or have a 2nd job.

Does not issue brakes because don't have enough people to cover your 15 minutes of freedom. Not getting a lunch is not uncommon.

What I learned from this job is that you need common knowledge, you must know how to read and understand instructions, must have patience and understanding and need to be on time and prompt.

No enough pay for the amount of work each employee has to deal with. – less
Great place
Cross-Trained in Cashier (Current Employee), Whittier, CAAugust 13, 2014
Working here is awesome there is a great atmosphere and good work ethics. Would hate to leave, but need a higher paying job.
Communication is heavily depended on
Copy & Print Specialist, Part-Time (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIAugust 13, 2014
Pros: breaks and lunches guaranteed
Cons: management
Great place to work if the management is all on one page. Co workers become good friends and the job load isnt too over bearing.
People are fun
Sales/Technician (Former Employee), Metairie, LAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: loved my managers!!
Cons: flet i was their all the time
Log in stating you're at work and really just give sales / customer support.
It was a productive place to work.
Department Manager/Cashier (Former Employee), Burbank, CAAugust 12, 2014
A typical day for me at Office Depot was to open the store balance registers take customers orders .Do customer orders order supplies for the store . Transmit customers information on computers. I enjoy working at the store because my Store manager was a very outgoing pleasant person very enjoyable to work for. I work with 20+ co-workers never had a – more... problem with anybody. The hardest part of my job was when machines broke and I had to complete customers orders. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with customers most of them left happy and satisfied. – less
IT Technician, Customer Service Specialist
IT Technician, Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 12, 2014
Sales Floor Lead
Provided hardware & software support to all customers
Handled minor issues & walked customers through basic troubleshooting via telephone
Awarded Brand Ambassador of March 2011
low level customer service position
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 12, 2014
Helping customers find what they need and basic sales. Stocking, customer service, and technology sales. Helping customers was great, the pay was not.

1 2 3 4 5

About Office Depot

Office Depot, Inc. is a global supplier of office products and services. The Company is organized into three business segments: – Read more