Office of Emergency Management Employee Reviews

Typical day at work - Taking minutes at Press Conferences, meetings, briefings
Learned - Operations during snow storms
Management - Excellent
Co-Workers - Good
Hardest part of the job - Leaving when assignment was over
Most enjoyable part of the job - FREE Certifications call to action for all natural disasters
Pros
Learning IT
Cons
Job ending to soon
Great help to the community and i love helping when i can.
Medical Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Zarephath, NJJuly 25, 2016
Office of Emergency Management is a very big help to the community and i am very glad to be a part of the hands that continue to strive for the best.A typical day would be to during events or storms to close off roadways and help plan for future events or unplanned events to occur.
My experience in emergency management
FIREFIGHTER / PARAMEDIC FIRST RESPONCE (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 18, 2015
Emergency management in san juan puerto rico was the best experience that I had beacause I develop all my proffesionalism like paramedic and rescuer and now as a firefighter. This is an government agency of the capital city of puerto rico. I have the best schedule to work allways afternoon and nights vacations 45 days a year good salary and more . My experience was the best in my life , in san juan we have great ambulances and units for rescue and fire truck big ones. I attend about 12 cases of emergency in 8 hour of work every calls from 911 system medical cases ,fire emergencies and rescue cases.
Cons
MEDICAL INSURANCE
Learn alot but at a price.
Emergency Preparedness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 17, 2013
My first week on the job I was made fun of for not knowing some random fact. After that I knew working for another city agency again was going to prove that it was a bad decision. The agency is run like a para military / uniformed service which is not how emergency management is suppose to be. There is not much room for growth and the pay is very bad if you want to live in NYC. Most everyone their complains about their job so the atmosphere is very dry. Management has unrealistic expectations (i.e. expecting you to perform someone elses job who gets paid $10,000 more a year than you). Avoid this agency until a new mayor is elected. I was very happy to leave this place but realized that I did learn alot but was miserable while doing it.
Pros
Learn about how the city responds to disaster and make great connections
Cons
Management is very poor, work culture is very dry, low pay for the industry.
Fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IlSeptember 27, 2012
I enjoy working with people and on a daily bases. Sometimes there are challenges but that is what makes the job fun, I love to solve customers issues and make sure that they are treated and respected
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
cold days but overtime you learn how to deal with the weather
Giving the opportunities to help others.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Township of Pennsauken, NJSeptember 19, 2012
Give me the opportunity to help other in time of need.
Great people to work with and I enjoy the interaction of the Fire, Police and EMS.
Pros
great experience and knowledge
Productive and fun workplace
Intern (Current Employee) –  Westampton, NJJuly 16, 2012
Help make maps for towns, attend training courses for CERT, attend CPR courses, help unload and load supplies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Office of Emergency Management. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5