Office Of Personnel Management

Office Of Personnel Management United States Employee Reviews

travel and felt useful, like my job mattered
Testing Administrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: varity of location, not boring
Cons: sometimes to manny tester at once. lack of disapline.
get assignment, get testing materials ready. travel to location, proctor test to 4 to 300 individuals. collect materials, grade teats, transfer test scores to the MEPS office. Drive home fill out travel report and submit.
Management was nice, helpful, always available by phone.
I rarely saw co-workers. occasionally a large test would have several proctors. those I worked with were nice and did their jobs well. Hardest part of job was maintaining quiet with 200+ high school students. Most enjoyable, giving test to future military personnel.
pay was hourly plus fuel expenses. paid for driving time as well.
Government
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: office closed in pittsburgh
Worked there for 10 years. People easy to get along with. Management consistently changing. Typical day was the usually office manger stuff, answering phones and solving problems. Diverse staff - management and tel-workers.
High Professional Standards
State Personnel Analyst (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 30, 2015
Dedicated employees. Management staff is very aware of the demands that arise from various state agencies. Competency levels are very high and a normal business day is very well organized. The best part of my job is to work with various agencies and to analyze different personnel cases.
See previous review
Research and Development Program Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: see previous
Cons: see previous
In November 2004 while working for Defense Security Service (DSS), the Background Investigations program and personnel in DSS were transferred to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). I enjoyed my 7 year tenure working with OPM since the transfer.
Had a good working environment.
Mail Clerk/Mail Handler (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2015
Working for OPM taught me valuable mail room management skills. I learned how to process equipment control and inventory control. I enjoyed coming to work and interacting with the co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new mail room procedures which I can use today. The challenging part of the job was to ensure we met suspense timelines, some which were on-the-spot suspense.
Summary
INVESTIGATOR (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 20, 2014
I worked from 9 to 5. I learned how to interact with others. I enjoyed working with my management team as well as my co-workers. It was difficult interacting with references who were rude. I enjoyed the job overall.
Productive and Fun
Jr. Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 16, 2014
Pros: federal government job
Cons: short breaks
it was a good experience i enjoyed being at OPM. I believe it was very impressive to put on my resume. I felt very welcomed at the work-site..
stable hours
Human Resources Management Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 18, 2014
stable hours, state benefits, nice people, close to home. Low salary
Review
Sr. Java developer (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 2, 2014
Working with this client was Good.

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Review
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 28, 2014
Great place to work and enjoyable co-workers. learned alot about technology.
The agency is Federal Investigative Services. It very regimented in its policies by necessity.
Federal Special Agent (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 21, 2014
The agency is responsible for conducting background investigations. There is a very established corporate history. Federal Investigative Services is responsible to conduct background investigations for most of the people that apply to work for the government or serve in the military.
Government agency driven by greed.
Program Analyst (Former Employee), Boyers, PAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Very poor management.
Great benefits and great salary.
Flexible work day
Decent coworkers.
Hardest part was trusting the government and management.
Most enjoyable part was assisting citizens with any help they would need.
Very good experience
Security Assistant Concierge (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: lunch break too short
Enjoyed learning new things everyday gain experience in fingerprinting and processing background investigations.
Opportunistic Place of Employment
Program Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 8, 2014
Workplace is fun, enthusiastic, and a great place to work. Learned project management skills, life lessons, and fiscal accountability.
Assigned and received Federal training program
Federal Investigator (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 17, 2013
Pros: equipment, vehicle and fers savings plan
Cons: loss of position due to lack of seniority
Student graduate from the Federal training program in Washington, D. C. before the program was privatized.

How to conduct backgrounds versus criminal investigations.

Too rigid and constantly striving to meet almost unrealistic standards

Peers were supportive, helpful.

Applying text book theory to real life. Moving from a government position with manageable performance standards to private business employees that are motivated by shared profit.

Completing all facets of training and successfully being promoted.
OPM's a good place to work
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 4, 2013
I enjoyed learning and working in human resources. I was blessed to be a full time remote worker where I got to work at home. My work-ife balance was great and I was able to be productive in every area of my life.
Great Place
Federal Executive Institute (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAOctober 14, 2013
Pros: beautiful campus setting
Cons: management
Love working there with the different variety of senior executives that come for the month long leadership training.
Productive Workplace
Personnel Research Psychologist (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 14, 2013
Great place to work. Unfortunately budget issues because of the sequestration. Reduction in Force might be taking place.
wonderful learning experience but stressful
Customer Service Representative (Clerk) (Current Employee), Washington dcOctober 14, 2013
being an employee here for almost 4 years, ive experience plenty ups and downs. though the salary was great and there were many advancement opportunities, it sometimes became very stressful. management was very stearn but they did all they could to let us know we were appreciated.
The Office of Personnel Management is of many government agencies
Test Administrator and Management Assistant, GS (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2013
The U. S. Government and it's many Agencies are great places to work. The work is challenging and rewarding.

Office Of Personnel Management Salaries