Office of the Attorney General Employee Reviews

Did not enjoy working here
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 9, 2017
Pay not great for the amount of work they require. If you enjoy working 8 hours a day for 23, 454 this is the job for you. They lost the front desk receptionist and decided it was best to utilize the paralegals and secretaries to fill in as the secretary. Like I said too much work, not enough pay. I had to get a second job to make ends meet.
A temporary legal research and writing position.
Contract attorney for Child Support Division (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2017
I worked at the Attorney General's office on a specific project. I assisted in researching and writing an appellate certiorari brief for the United States Supreme Court.
Awesome
Program Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 26, 2017
Love Working here! Great Job. I don't know what else to right. Indeed is making me write this review. I hope to be with this employer for a very very long time.
Very fun place to work and was never asked to do to much.
Student Worker/Administrative Division (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 7, 2017
I learned many valuable skills such as receiving, inventory, property, and handling incoming and outgoing mail. Also helped employees set up their offices and accommodate conference rooms and other working areas. The hardest part of the job was having to labor work outside when it was hot, which would get uncomfortable but it was never to hard. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new skills everyday I can use for later on in life.
Pros
Free time, employees, location
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fulfilling to know that you are helping people the people of the State of Florida
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 30, 2017
This was a great place to work
The most rewarding part of the job was hearing thank you from the people that you are helping on a daily basis

The hardest part of the job was the case load because you are working for the entire State of Florida the case loads are very heavy and the time frames are very short so time management was always very important
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Not enough raises
Work Environment
Child Support Officer 2 (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXMay 28, 2017
The rules of the work place change every day. There is retaliation for any perceived wrongs by the director and regional director. Bathroom breaks are taken off of your 2 work breaks. Constantly bothered by the supervisors when any little thing is off. This is a very difficult culture to work in due to micromanagement. The most enjoyable part is your co-workers.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
micromanagement of every minute of your day
Needs Improvement with Management
Reimbursement Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2017
It is difficult to work a stressful job with no support from management. I personally feel the way that work time is accounted for is beyond ridiculous.
Pros
Job security
Fast Pace great work for new Paralegals
Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 26, 2017
Great benefits and opportunity to learn legal and move up. Working hours are usually M-F 1st shift, no weekends. Have to ride the shuttle to get back and forth to work.
Tough Environment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 5, 2016
I did this as an internship in law school. It is a harsh experience into the ugly side of Family Law where kids don't have an advocate or the basic things they need.
Team Work in a stressful environment
Child Support Officer III (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2016
My day would begin immediately at 8am if not earlier when I would be greeted by a customer asking questions while I was making my way inside the building. Normal daily activities consisted of answering emails, seeing appointments, handling incoming walk-in visitors and assisting the front desk for the busiest office in our region. I was also greatful to have such a great group of co-workers who made the work environment less stressful with their work ethic and friendly attitude.
Pros
Close group of co-workers
Cons
No room for advancement
Fun place to work
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2016
A typical day processing requests and filing
I learned always do your best and be confident
Management overall was good
Co-workers and I worked well
The job was easy there was no hard part
Most enjoyable was doing research
Pros
Work was not hard but time consuming
Cons
Temporary work, wish it was permanent
Professional
Child Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 13, 2016
State job. Everyone keeps to themselves. Do your job right and management will leave you alone. 8-5 and no overtime. Retirement package is good as it is a state job.
I love the people I work with
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 29, 2016
I work in Consumer Protection and everyone has been absolutely wonderful. I feel so lucky to be involved in such an amazing team.
Productive Workplace with Great Co-workers
Office Temp (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2016
Great job to learn from, employees are nice people who are easy to get along with. Learned how to use Oracle software to assign amendments to attorneys
Fast paced work environment. Exciting place to work.
CSO III-IV, Supervisor, Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TX 79101February 29, 2016
Working at the OAG was a very fulfilling job. Enforcing collection of child support to ensure a child lives a quality life became a passion of mine.
Management was superb, always encouraging. Each day at work was different - anyone who worked here had to be exceptional at multi-tasking and working in a "high stress" environment.
I went from Child Support Officer to Supervisor to Manager. Retired in 2013.
Very rewarding place to work.
Pros
Rewarding to help collect monies for deserving children.
Cons
High, high stress and lots of deadlines.
Excellent place to work.
Temporary positions through Special Counsel (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 18, 2016
Great opportunities for training and advancement. Superb attorneys who are willing to help understand law. Expectations are commensurate with level of experience. Would work here permanently if given the opportunity.
Children Legal Services
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2015
A great place to work and learn more about how to protect our children. The most enjoyable moment is when a child is taken care of and the Attorney has done a job well done. The work is hard and the hours are long but at the end of the day, you will have learned more about the legal system to protect children and Families.
Pros
gives you a purpose to come to work
Big Office with Cubicles
Case initiator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 3, 2015
You assessed cases all day, and opened them. You worked with Health and Human Services for people's benefits. You call CP's to locate NCP's. You worked on TXCSES and TIERS and different softwares. You learn to love Excel, and Word and Outlook email. Management was terrible. Your co-workers were cool, but older than me. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the managers and being able to work all day on the computer in a cubicle with no talking. Just typing and assessing cases all day.
Pros
frequent breaks
Cons
management sucks
Very goal oriented
CHILD SUPPORT OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Work is all about goals and numbers. Customer service is not a priority. Co-workers are smart and easy to get along with but management has depreciated. Customers are not always happy - we deal with a lot of emotions and all of the drama in someone's life. There are great days and bad days.
Cons
customer service, upset customers
My Experience
Child Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2015
As a Child Support Officer I enjoyed the challenge and complexity of the caseload experience. I gained the knowledge of knowing that not only do fathers pay child support but so do mothers. My favorite cases were the paying cases.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No room for advancement