Office of the Attorney General Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Procurement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2016
A typical day processing requests and filing
I learned always do your best and be confident
Management overall was good
Co-workers and I worked well
The job was easy there was no hard part
Most enjoyable was doing research
Pros
Work was not hard but time consuming
Cons
Temporary work, wish it was permanent
Professional
Child Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 13, 2016
State job. Everyone keeps to themselves. Do your job right and management will leave you alone. 8-5 and no overtime. Retirement package is good as it is a state job.
I love the people I work with
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 29, 2016
I work in Consumer Protection and everyone has been absolutely wonderful. I feel so lucky to be involved in such an amazing team.
Productive Workplace with Great Co-workers
Office Temp (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2016
Great job to learn from, employees are nice people who are easy to get along with. Learned how to use Oracle software to assign amendments to attorneys
Fast paced work environment. Exciting place to work.
CSO III-IV, Supervisor, Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TX 79101February 29, 2016
Working at the OAG was a very fulfilling job. Enforcing collection of child support to ensure a child lives a quality life became a passion of mine.
Management was superb, always encouraging. Each day at work was different - anyone who worked here had to be exceptional at multi-tasking and working in a "high stress" environment.
I went from Child Support Officer to Supervisor to Manager. Retired in 2013.
Very rewarding place to work.
Pros
Rewarding to help collect monies for deserving children.
Cons
High, high stress and lots of deadlines.
Excellent place to work.
Temporary positions through Special Counsel (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 18, 2016
Great opportunities for training and advancement. Superb attorneys who are willing to help understand law. Expectations are commensurate with level of experience. Would work here permanently if given the opportunity.
Children Legal Services
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2015
A great place to work and learn more about how to protect our children. The most enjoyable moment is when a child is taken care of and the Attorney has done a job well done. The work is hard and the hours are long but at the end of the day, you will have learned more about the legal system to protect children and Families.
Pros
gives you a purpose to come to work
Big Office with Cubicles
Case initiator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 3, 2015
You assessed cases all day, and opened them. You worked with Health and Human Services for people's benefits. You call CP's to locate NCP's. You worked on TXCSES and TIERS and different softwares. You learn to love Excel, and Word and Outlook email. Management was terrible. Your co-workers were cool, but older than me. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the managers and being able to work all day on the computer in a cubicle with no talking. Just typing and assessing cases all day.
Pros
frequent breaks
Cons
management sucks
Very goal oriented
CHILD SUPPORT OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Work is all about goals and numbers. Customer service is not a priority. Co-workers are smart and easy to get along with but management has depreciated. Customers are not always happy - we deal with a lot of emotions and all of the drama in someone's life. There are great days and bad days.
Cons
customer service, upset customers
My Experience
Child Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2015
As a Child Support Officer I enjoyed the challenge and complexity of the caseload experience. I gained the knowledge of knowing that not only do fathers pay child support but so do mothers. My favorite cases were the paying cases.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
Pleasant staff but did not let me do a whole lot.
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2015
The staff was nice but I did not get anything out of this internship due to the fact that I was not able to do a whole lot. I spent most of my hours there filing and shredding papers.
Great place for stability, not a great place for creativity
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 1, 2015
This was a great starting job and offers really good benefits, which compensated for the low pay (at first). Although I've gained a lot of skills, I noticed there wasn't much room for growth creatively. In a supporting role, much of the work is static. There's also a lot of bureaucracy.
Pros
Stable, reliable job, Great benefits package
Cons
Paid once a month, Bureaucratic model, Static work
Loved my job
Assistant Attorney General (Former Employee) –  Saipan, MPJune 28, 2015
A typical day was never typical. I began as Consumer Counsel and a few months later I inherited sole responsibility of the Department of Labor and 118 cases. My first day in court as an attorney required me to appear on behalf of 18 cases. A couple of months later I also acquired sole responsibility for the Department of Commerce. Time management and interpersonal skills were merely two skills enhanced as a result.

The most enjoyable part of my job were the people I worked with and the people I helped as a representative of the government.
Good
Mediator II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 27, 2015
I enjoy working for the commonwealth and helping consumers
Learned about Massachusetts consumer laws
Great atmosphere environment to work in
Actual real legal experience in a state agency
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMarch 13, 2015
A typical day at work included researching cases for briefs, briefing, writing, drafting memos, and attending oral arguments or CLE's. I learned a great deal of actual practice of law, rather than just theory. My co-workers were law students themselves, and we grew very close! The hardest part of the job was being unsure of yourself as a student compared to actual practicing attorneys. The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving positive feedback from the DAG's I was working under.
Pros
actual real legal experience
Cons
unpaid internship
I make all my days enjoyable and work place fun!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 26, 2015
A well rounded work place, my co workers worked well as a team together fun filled atmosphere!
Awesome responsibility
Criminal Investigator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GADecember 20, 2014
Great job with a sense of purpose in fighting healthcare fraud and ensuring that the citizens of Georgia have a viable Medicaid program.
Program Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 29, 2014
The agency is a very good place to work for job security. The pay is average and the co-workers are hard working.
A great place to work; but no room for advancement
Child Support Enforcement Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILSeptember 21, 2014
A busy office environment; co-workers work as a team with no issues; only problem was that for me there was no room for advancement given my education and experience
Pros
great work-life balance - lots of paid time off
Cons
no room for advancement
Awesome camaraderie atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2014
Our team strives for common goals for the betterment of the integrity of Florida. My supervisors and co-workers have an open door policy that secures my belief in my personal wellness. The Bureau is beyond supportive in my military endeavors.

Office of the Attorney General Reviews by Location