Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Employer Reviews

Fast pace and proactive Federal Bureau
Freelance Translator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 10, 2015
This is an amazing organization. Job was fast pace and the entire organization very professional. It required more traveling than I could handle but it provided continuous challenges and education in the career.
ok training process
Assistant National Bank Examiner (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 27, 2015
need to improve training process to make sure the new employees actually know the area they are working on and not just rely on other reports and findings.
Great place to work.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great career advancement
Cons: too many meetings.
Productie work atmosphere. Enjoyed working with staff and management. Worked very well with co-workers. Learned excellent customer service skills. Hardest part of job was not wnough timein the day to get everything completed. The most enjoyable part was the family atmosphere. Easy going but productive place to work.
Excellent job, not for me
Associate National Bank Examiner (Current Employee), Appleton, WIJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule, pay, benefits, security
Cons: living out of suitcase, not the right field of work for me
I have an amazing job, but it's not for me. The people I work with are generally great, I have somewhat flexible work hours, and the pay/benefits are excellent. However, I was previously in a sales position and I miss it. I have no goals in my current job and there is minimal incentive for doing a great job. I miss not having sales goals to meet/exceed and also miss the competitive environment.

I believe one of my greatest strenghts is my ability to build relationships, and my current job (as a gov't bank examiner) is not conducive to this. I am looking for a position that will allow me to utilize my relationship building abilities, challenge me, and incentivize me for a job well done. I miss not being passionate about what I do, and I'd like to get that feeling back.
Very repetitive
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 19, 2014
I worked at the OCC for almost 2 years and almost everyday at work I was sitting in a cubicle reviewing the same laws and policies of the OCA. It was very easy, but very boring and repetitive and I couldn't see myself turning that job into my career.
Fast-paced, engaging work environment
Associate National Bank Examiner (Current Employee), USAAugust 6, 2014
Rotational assignments lasting 2-4 weeks. Lead and/or support full scope examinations. Employee education and training program for development.
Good benefits, but high workload
ASSISTANT NATIONAL BANK EXAMINER (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: lots of benefits
Cons: little training
The OCC is a good place to work, but it is very demanding. There is a high amount of travel associated with this position. Some examiners were in the office only a couple times a year. I was on a training team and within three weeks of being hired, we were in a bank doing an examination. We didn't know what we were doing and there was little training during the exam. We got reviews, but mostly it was a "gotcha! You didn't do that right" instead of correcting the problem in the exam.
Great Benefits
Assistant National Bank Examiner (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 21, 2013
-Good training opportunities
-Relaxed work environment
-Travel large amount of the time
Great place to start your career
Assistant National Bank Examiner (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 14, 2013
Pros: good work life balance.
Cons: not enough resources provided to get the job done by the expected deadlines.
The OCC through a 8 month training program teaches you the foundation you need to examine national banks. This foundation and the skills learned are easily transferred to other jobs within the Finance sector. The job gives you great exposure to senior management at the banks you examine.
Not a bad place to work right out of college
National Bank Examiner (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: great training
Cons: very political
I learned alot about the banking industry while working here, and gained a lot of experience that has now carried me through my career. Being a government agency, however, you must deal with the politics of everything. Not my cup of tea.
Wonderful Work Experience
Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 27, 2012
The office of the Comptroller of the Currency was the best work experience I have had. It was my first official paid position that I gained through a program in high school called the Academy of Finance. This internship helped me choose my major in college, and taught me the skills necessary to be a professional and confident employee. I was lucky enough to intern there twice in different departments; Operational Risk Policy and Licensing. The most enjoyable part of the job was a development program that assigned each of us a mentor. My two mentors were the two greatest professional influences I have had to date. The hardest part of the job was trying to understand the technical language specific to each department. Since I was only and intern, I was not assigned duties that had a direct influence on the department because I was not qualified. My co-workers were always professional and were always ready to help me with anything. There were certainly advancement opportunities and I regret not taking full advantage of the contacts I had made while working there.

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Salaries