Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Great Benefits
Assistant National Bank Examiner (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 21, 2013
-Good training opportunities
-Relaxed work environment
-Travel large amount of the time
Great place to start your career
Assistant National Bank Examiner (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 14, 2013
Pros: good work life balance.
Cons: not enough resources provided to get the job done by the expected deadlines.
The OCC through a 8 month training program teaches you the foundation you need to examine national banks. This foundation and the skills learned are easily transferred to other jobs within the Finance sector. The job gives you great exposure to senior management at the banks you examine.
Not a bad place to work right out of college
National Bank Examiner (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: great training
Cons: very political
I learned alot about the banking industry while working here, and gained a lot of experience that has now carried me through my career. Being a government agency, however, you must deal with the politics of everything. Not my cup of tea.
Wonderful Work Experience
Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 27, 2012
The office of the Comptroller of the Currency was the best work experience I have had. It was my first official paid position that I gained through a program in high school called the Academy of Finance. This internship helped me choose my major in college, and taught me the skills necessary to be a professional and confident employee. I was lucky enough – more... to intern there twice in different departments; Operational Risk Policy and Licensing. The most enjoyable part of the job was a development program that assigned each of us a mentor. My two mentors were the two greatest professional influences I have had to date. The hardest part of the job was trying to understand the technical language specific to each department. Since I was only and intern, I was not assigned duties that had a direct influence on the department because I was not qualified. My co-workers were always professional and were always ready to help me with anything. There were certainly advancement opportunities and I regret not taking full advantage of the contacts I had made while working there. – less