Office Employee Reviews in United States

a typical 9 to 5 office workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 7, 2016
The people in the office are very nice and easy to work with. As employees of the City and Country of San Francisco, every employee works with the highest ethical standards.
Pros
Benefits in vacation time, health care, and retirement.
Cons
Paid is little compare to the job market
Unprofession
Temp (Former Employee) –  Corry, PAMay 31, 2016
Very unprofessional and rude. They are also biased and do not hesitate to say violate confidentiality laws. They're an awful company to work for.
Co-workers are great, Love the customers
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYMarch 21, 2016
A typical day at work included answering phones, dispatching drivers, data entry, cash handling, bank deposit. Loved my office job. nothing bad to say. My Co-workers were the best. The most enjoyable part of my job is the Customers, Getting to know them and help out with LIEAP applications and any other needs they had. The hardest part of my job was collections, but I learned how to do it in a professional manner.
Pros
Customers.
Cons
None at this time
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day in the office for me consist of; distributing mail, and any incoming mail throughout the day, answering incoming phone calls as a receptionist, scanning documents of importance, maintaining clean break rooms, and assisting others with any service they'll need.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers, Birthday Lunches.
Cons
No room for growth
It is a great place to work.
Financial/Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 1, 2015
It is a very enjoyable place to work and they make sure that you are learning and thriving. I can not recommend it enough. I hope to be associated with them for the long haul.
Pros
co-workers
Fast paced environment
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Porter, WAAugust 1, 2015
Arnold & Porter was one of the best companies I ever worked for. I began as a Secretary, moved to Supervisor of Office Services, then to Project Administrator, and finally as Facilities Manager. Pay was wonderfully generous, benefits comparable to any I've seen elsewhere, and the work interesting and varied.

During my tenure there I gained skills in construction and design I was able to use elsewhere, and enjoyed working with both the legal and non-legal staff, as well as vendors and service providers. I learned to construct and maintain budgets, met contractors, toured factories, managed interior buildout projects in the DC home office, the New York and Los Angeles offices, and was instrumental in setting up the London office.

I look back at my time there as the nicest and most interesting jobs I have ever had.
Pros
Opportunities to learn, pay, and benefits
Cons
As a manager you are on 24-hour a day, 7-day a week call
Only busy during Tax season
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 24, 2015
It was slow unless it was tax season. Management there was very different than I have ever experienced. They didn't have any available ins or any way to move up in position, that is the reason why I left.
Pros
The owner is very nice.
Cons
no healthcare
Fun and busy job
Senior Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  NYJune 9, 2015
Very fast paced job where you meet exciting people...Servicing peoples needs is my thing, from delivering mail to fixing printers and fax machines and changing light bulbs..enjoyed every moment
good job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  ajo azJune 5, 2015
Promptly and empathetically handled guest concerns and complaints
Screened all visitors and direct them to the correct office or salon .
Consistently provided friendly guest service .
Multitask
Data entry
Computer
Inbound & Out bound calls & Help parents fill out papers
Pros
free lunch some day of the week
Cons
25 min lunch
Fast paced workplace
Project Manager Assistant/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2015
Fast paced workplace, good environment with co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the day was when a project went well with no issues.The hardest part of the day was having to deal with issues due to manufacturing issues, which would delay the projects completion.
Pros
Payed lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Very demanding and tolerable.
Office Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Usually a typical work day. I would start at 8am. But be there around 7:15.
I would empty out all the dishwashers, Then start the morning coffee for all the floors, Then go to every copy machines and every printer.
fill them with paper, Deliver any documents left over night to the rightful owners, Then pick up any and all out going mail\inter-office envelops left in out-boxes.
Then be back in my area. Open my inbox. Start any scanning jobs left over night. Also if any copy jobs left overnight. work on those.
Answer any e-mails left from night before.

By 8:15. When pouches, Fed-ex, U.P.S and other couriers would arrive. I would log in and sort out and deliver pouches, And log in the other packages such as Fed-Ex UPS, And courier and wait till 9:am then take them t get signed for.

Then every 3 hours make mail deliveries, check all kitchens set-up conference rooms. Relieve the receptionist. At the same time answer and direct calls. And make reservations for the conference rooms and place food orders.
Pros
free coffee, some nice clients
Cons
co-worker calling off alot!
nice place to work
Office Services (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2014
a new company trying to get off their feet over all great company that take care of their employees!
Always busy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2014
Always busy and working hard with great personal reward. Worked with a diverse group of people and enjoyed meeting people from all walks of life.
Absolutely loved working there! Great co-workers!
NR-CCMA (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVDecember 27, 2013
I assisted the physician with patients, scheduled in-patient and out-patient procedures, multiple line phone triage, and insurance and billing. I honestly dont have anything bad to say about Renal Consultants. It was a fun place to work.
overworked
TELLER - WHEELING NATIONAL BANK (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 15, 2013
I quit this job because I got in trouble for not having a customer sit at the new accounts desk when he said he didn't want to so I never made him. This man put at least $50,000 in the bank every week and I would not pressure someone that always brought business. Other employees refused to work in the lobby so they wouldn't have to deal with face to face people and it was ok.
A day at the Office and the confusing boss comeing in and trying to explain something.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Battle Ground, WAAugust 6, 2013
A typical day at work was sitting at a desk and waiting for phones to ring. Adding vehicles on to websites and trying to sell them. I learned that you have to have patients with people that don't have time to sit and talk. I was working with my father so the co-workers were easy to talk to and we got along very well. The hardest part of the job was when the boss would come in and talk and he wouldn't really know what he was talking about and he kept saying "you know what i mean?". The most enjoyable part of the job was when I sold a vehicle.
Was a very pleasant place to work.
Conservation Worker (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ILJuly 15, 2013
I enjoyed my work very much. Meeting the campers, learning their needs and they would come in and talk with me when they came camping. I mainly worked independently, which I enjoyed.
Pros
meeting different types of people
Cons
summer position and worked for minimum wage.
Loved the job
Owner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxMay 9, 2013
Always love Mondays, its a new week of fun and adventure.I worked from sun up to sun down 6 days a week.I was hard work and very hot.
Pros
being boss
Cons
long lunch
Productive environment.
Food Court Supervisor (Former Employee) –  StocktonFebruary 20, 2013
I detailed the mall and the food court. I cleaned wet spills and made sure it was a safe and pleasant visit for our customers.I monitored the employee's to make sure they were doing their jobs.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not a secure job.
OSC was good place to used all your accounting skills
Controller (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 18, 2013
OSC was the multi-company organization that included Hospital TV rental, pharnacies, office rental and durable medical supply business. It also source out new businesses for investment purpose the Greater Southeast Hospital Corporation. My day could include business meetings, oversee the accounting department, business proposal preparation and/or visiting our others businesses to resolve a financial issue. My work hours were long and sometime on weekend,especiall if we had to meet new business clients. Our President was driven and sometime over the top. I enjoyed my co-workers especially the Vice-President. He taught me how to prepare a business proposal for investor and/or bank.

OSC allowed me to utilize my accounting education as well as gain experience in investment/portfolio management, retail finance, not for profit accounting and decision making.
Pros
gain experience several area in accounting. allow you to use your experience and develope.
Cons
president selfiness