OfficeMax Incorporated Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and structured work place
TIBCO SOA Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 22, 2015
Officemax is a wonderful place to work. My typical day is very productive. I work hard and am constantly learning how to do my job better and more efficiently. Management is great! Co-workers are very helpful and trustworthy.
Fun work place, inovative,
Customer Representative, Tax Exemption (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 20, 2014
Great company to work for very open to a lot of things, the company one of the best most ethical companies i have ever worked for.
Fun, dynamic, fast-paced work
Manager, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 26, 2014
Great leadership, great energy and a solid network of accounts.
Great Place to Work!
Business Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 3, 2014
If the coroporate headquarters was not moving to Boca Raton, FL. I would still be working at OfficeMax. This company is a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
everything about the company and culture is a+
Cons
the company's corporate headquarters is moving to fl
Learn a lot!
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mayaguez Mall P.ROctober 4, 2013
Poor management and no ethic at all!. average breaks but fun place to work and learn.
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
poor management
I enjoyed the job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 25, 2013
I enjoyed the job. It could be challenging at times but the core positions were good.
Productive workplace with nice customers
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ILDecember 4, 2012
A day at OfficeMax is a busy adjusting to different situations a day. I've to be diverse with different customers that walk through the door everyday for the most part I learned from the customer. My co-workers are some of the best but every job has good ones and not so many good that's just work. The most enjoyable part about my job is when customers say that I've done a great job and that I should be considered for a manager position.
Pros
very undersatndle of your personal life
Cons
shorts breaks
Productive and Fun workplace
Printing Department Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 12, 2012
Everyday is busy, customers are always coming in with business documents that need to be prepared, cut or printed. I've learned to be patient when it comes to big workloads. Best co-workers that anyone could ask for, everyone got along. Hardest part of the job is delivering items to customers that worked in hospitals.
Pros
awesome co-workers
Cons
short breaks
Relaxed environment, fun, positive
Certified Impress Print Specialist (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJune 15, 2012
A typical day at OfficeMax would be relieving the current employee and working on print jobs and assisting customers as they arrive. I learned a lot about working independently and keeping a level head when work begins to pile up. I also learned that a smile and friendly tone of voice typically goes a long way when it comes to upset customers. My co-workers were very friendly and open individuals, and greatly enhanced my experience. It was sad to see some move on, and fun to welcome new-comers. The management needs some improvement. As a company OfficeMax needs to appreciate their employees more than they do, because the "little guy" is the foundation and without us the company will not succeed. The hardest part of my job was learning to trust that I can handle any situation that arises. What I enjoyed the most was joking around with co-workers and learning how to do new things.
Pros
fun, easy, challenging, relaxed, forgiving
Cons
company management needs some work, inconsistent schedules
communication
Sr. Warehouse Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAApril 9, 2012
Working with good people.Learning and having good experience in warehouse work
Pros
money
Cons
ot