OfficeMax Incorporated Employee Reviews

Big thank you
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2017
I remember when my mother passed away. This company been very helpful to arrange a funeral. Thank you for the great & pleasurable memories. I miss this job
Pros
Morning strecthing & everyday foolishness
Cons
No cons
Fun and Fast-paced--usually
Graphics (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsMay 25, 2017
This was a good job, though it's hard to get time off! I worked at many different locations while supporting myself through college, so I would highly recommend the Officemaxes on Lake Street, in Burnsville, and at The Quarry. These places all demand a lot, but they have a great workplace culture and the customers are very sweet! You get to learn a lot about adobe programs and bindery, but sometimes you get stuck doing cash register or stocking.

Overall, I'd avoid places like Savage or Apple Valley, which had really weird workplace cultures and expected me to be an expert in adobe programs while also paying employees bottom-of-the-barrel wages and trying to avoid giving out benefits.

The best places to work ImPress are the places that are fast paced and serve many different kind of customers!
Pros
Always get lunch, corporate hierarchy, job security
Cons
bad benefits, sometimes overly demanding
Productive and structured work place
TIBCO SOA Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 22, 2015
Officemax is a wonderful place to work. My typical day is very productive. I work hard and am constantly learning how to do my job better and more efficiently. Management is great! Co-workers are very helpful and trustworthy.
Fun work place, inovative,
Customer Representative, Tax Exemption (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 20, 2014
Great company to work for very open to a lot of things, the company one of the best most ethical companies i have ever worked for.
Fun, dynamic, fast-paced work
Manager, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 26, 2014
Great leadership, great energy and a solid network of accounts.
Great Place to Work!
Business Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 3, 2014
If the coroporate headquarters was not moving to Boca Raton, FL. I would still be working at OfficeMax. This company is a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
Everything about the company and culture is A+
Cons
The company's corporate headquarters is moving to FL
Excellent culture
Contracts Manager, IT (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 7, 2013
OfficeMax is an excellent place to work for the culture. Emphasis is placed on teamwork, integrity and customer service. There are several Associate Resource Groups in which one with like interests can interact. I have the chance to work with all levels of management; Managers,Directors, Senior Directors, VP's, Senior VP's, and Executive VP's. The greatest challenge I have faced is bringing the different departments together on contract negotiations. My greatest satisfaction from working atOfficeMax is producing a product (a contract) that meets the needs of the business and providing the least risk to OfficeMax
Pros
The ability to interact with all levels of assoicates
Cons
At times excessive workload
Learn a lot!
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mayaguez Mall P.ROctober 4, 2013
Poor management and no ethic at all!. average breaks but fun place to work and learn.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
poor management
Productive workplace with nice customers
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ILDecember 4, 2012
A day at OfficeMax is a busy adjusting to different situations a day. I've to be diverse with different customers that walk through the door everyday for the most part I learned from the customer. My co-workers are some of the best but every job has good ones and not so many good that's just work. The most enjoyable part about my job is when customers say that I've done a great job and that I should be considered for a manager position.
Pros
very undersatndle of your personal life
Cons
shorts breaks
Productive and Fun workplace
Printing Department Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 12, 2012
Everyday is busy, customers are always coming in with business documents that need to be prepared, cut or printed. I've learned to be patient when it comes to big workloads. Best co-workers that anyone could ask for, everyone got along. Hardest part of the job is delivering items to customers that worked in hospitals.
Pros
awesome co-workers
Cons
short breaks
Relaxed environment, fun, positive
Certified Impress Print Specialist (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJune 15, 2012
A typical day at OfficeMax would be relieving the current employee and working on print jobs and assisting customers as they arrive. I learned a lot about working independently and keeping a level head when work begins to pile up. I also learned that a smile and friendly tone of voice typically goes a long way when it comes to upset customers. My co-workers were very friendly and open individuals, and greatly enhanced my experience. It was sad to see some move on, and fun to welcome new-comers. The management needs some improvement. As a company OfficeMax needs to appreciate their employees more than they do, because the "little guy" is the foundation and without us the company will not succeed. The hardest part of my job was learning to trust that I can handle any situation that arises. What I enjoyed the most was joking around with co-workers and learning how to do new things.
Pros
fun, easy, challenging, relaxed, forgiving
Cons
company management needs some work, inconsistent schedules
communication
Sr. Warehouse Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAApril 9, 2012
Working with good people.Learning and having good experience in warehouse work
Pros
money
Cons
ot