OfficeMax
1,245 reviews

OfficeMax Employer Reviews

I am the technology sales person which means that i manage all tech merchandise and provide the customer service experience for the ever day consumer
Technical Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Dunwoody, GAJune 24, 2014
Pros: meeting people and providing a good customer service experience with the customer
Cons: part-time position
I usually work a morning shift and my job entails that i make sure that the tech merchandise be stocked and presentable for the customers. I also man the sales floor so the customers can be aided at a welm. I enjoy my job because i get to meet all types of people with different occupations,hobbies,and needs. Im there to make sure that the customers – more... get all the vital information on electronics and office supplies as well. I learn so much when it comes to being a salesman like how to approach the customer and how to attach items. I can say i work with one of the best team of people i have ever with and that makes my position at Officemax even more enjoyable. I can take the things i have learn at OfficeMax and apply them to everyday life. – less
Customer focused and promoted knoweldge about products.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bee Cave, TXJune 24, 2014
A typical work day included cashiering, assisting customers on the sales floor and restocking items. I learned very useful information about office machines and accessories. Management was not very friendly and had high expectations from their employees. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was finding the motivation to – more... perform the required tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was conversing with customers. – less
productve family oriented
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: paid vacation time planned family picnics
Cons: not enough hours
Enjoy working at Office Max everyone makes you feel right at home including the managers.
Flexible with schedule
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee), Edwardsville, KSJune 23, 2014
My main responsibility was for the 100% check line ( Quality Audit ) and researching missing product from orders at the Warehouse in Edwardville, KS. I also was a order picker .
No advancement.
Impress Associate (Former Employee), Oak Harbor, WAJune 22, 2014
At the time I was hired, I was told I would be a manager. When the position became available it was given to a lesser qualified individual. I looked for another job.
Great People
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Apache Junction, AZJune 20, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: n/a
I have great co-workers who make going to work fun. My store manager is very nice man to work for
This was the time where the company cared about its employees.
Manager of Operations (Current Employee), NaplesJune 19, 2014
The company use to treat it employees with respect and dignity; however, every has changed since the great recession.
productive
Stock Specialist, PIT certified (Current Employee), Edwardsville, KSJune 19, 2014
learned a lot of new things at this job, worked great with co-workers, I dealt with receiving stock and put away the stock for pickers to pick orders.
customer service
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), St Thomas, U.S.V.IJune 19, 2014
My Typical Day of work was awesome, ever since I get into the job. I was trained well of how the job was and how to do the job that they ask you to. I Basically Learned about How to Talk to Customers, How to Give Customers the Best Service and the Products that they want, How to Stock Merchandise into the right places on the store displays, As Far as – more... Management, I have a Supervisor that work well with me, from the Time I started until the time the Store Finish, Al Thought there was some days I had to work alone, but she work with me very well in order to make myself useful and giving me a tip of what it is to be a leader to someone someday, as far as My co-workers, They were fun around to work with, I felt that I can built a relationship with my co-workers, The Hardest Part of The Job is to lift a Heavy Box all alone, but it was most enjoyable because it helps me to be stronger not just in my personality but also in my background – less
Work Summary
Sale Associate/Logistic Associate (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks, not enough incentive
slightly quick pace. Learning to deal with different personalities was a challenge. The management team were really good people who cared about your well being. The hardest part of the job was learning the Logistics part of it.
Great environment - until back-to-school season!
Cashier (Former Employee), Newnan, GAJune 18, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, great clientele, understanding management
Cons: back-to-school shoppers
Very fun environment with a family-like atmosphere between floor workers and managers alike. Management was very understanding and friendly, willing to work with you if you explained your situation openly and honestly. Work days could be fast and other days creep by at a crawl, but your coworkers would find ways to keep everyone entertained while working, – more... making the time pass a little easier.

Only issue was working the back-to-school season - it was twice as bad as ANY Black Friday could ever be! – less
N/A
Impress Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 17, 2014
I have nothing good to say about how I am treated as an employee.
Good for college students
Impress Employee (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXJune 16, 2014
If you are in school this would be a good company for you. They work well with their employees on scheduling.
Productive; management could be a lot better
Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Bristol, VAJune 16, 2014
The co-workers are to be visited and spoken to only on breaks and lunches unless communication is job-related
good people to work with
assocate (Former Employee), clinton,IaJune 14, 2014
took care of all receiving responsibilities updated plano grams if needed did prices changes helped customers ran cash register if needed
Sales Admin (Former Employee), Bristol, VAJune 13, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, no weekends
Cons: not many avenues for advancement
Started out as a part time customer service rep and worked my way up to a sales administrator for our VP of sales in Dallas, TX. Had a great 14 years at OfficeMax. Left due to relocating to another city for my husband's new job.
Good start to a career
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR / DESKTOP PUBLISHER (Former Employee), miami, flJune 13, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: n/a
I learned alot working here. This job is what motivated me to get into sales.
Great workplace with strong management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kerrville, TXJune 11, 2014
Pros: great work environment, good communications, good benefits, no micro-managing
Cons: na
Office Max was a great working environment. I couldn't have asked to work at a better location as well as great management. Unfortunately, family issues forced me to resign and relocate to Lubbock. I can't say enough good things about Office Max.
Good first job
Cashier/Customer Service, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Carmel, INJune 10, 2014
This job helped me learn how to deal with the many different challenges that can happen on a daily basis when dealing with the public. I had several challenging days where customers were angry and it was my job to make them happy. This was a great first job as it was fun and challenging at the same time.
Retail Environment with an emphasis on Technology/Office Products
Impress Supervisor (Current Employee), Joplin, MOJune 10, 2014
A typical day of work includes customer service, assisting my associates with any issues they may have as well as customers. I am the team leader each shift I work so I am responsible for delegating tasks among my associates and being the go to leader on duty. I have learned the many ways managers/supervisors lead a team successfully, delegate tasks – more... efficiently and using time management skills. I am also responsible for opening and closing duties of the store which include counting the cash drawers, counting safe money and doing bank deposits. I believe one of the hardest parts of my job is not always having the time to get every task done, only because in retail, there is always something to be completed so having enough time isn't always possible. It can also be difficult to please every customer to the fullest, especially if they request something that is not possible to give. The most enjoyable part of my job includes the great crew I work along with every day. They most definitely make my job easier to handle because they are always willing to assist in any way I ask. Also, having the skills to successfully lead a team in retail makes me feel like I can go on to accomplish anything I set my mind to. I believe being a leader takes a special kind of person and I do everything I can to keep learning and making myself better at it each and every day. – less

About OfficeMax

This company is taking the office supply business to the max. OfficeMax is the #3 office products retailer in North America (far – Read more