OFS Brands Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntingburg, INDecember 12, 2017
Productive and fun easy job safety is key active always worried and alert about safety felt like I was always working and never home it felt like work was home
Work Day
Sander (Former Employee) –  Huntingburg, INOctober 22, 2017
On a typical work day you would get out in eight to ten hours if everyone works together and gets the work done and the only other bad thing other then some of the supervisors is the fact that it is hot in there and you have to work on saturdays
Pros
the workers and enviroment were great
Cons
The supervisors
Excellent Learning Experience
Market Resource Manager / Showroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 19, 2017
Working at OFS Brands is not only an opportunity to improve ones work credentials greatly but also a very close community and encouraging overall atmosphere.
Pros
Large company but very personable
Cons
Was not able to work long enough for them
Ok place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntingburg, IndianaOctober 12, 2017
It was a decent place to work, but I didn't like the fact of when I was sick and I put in a doctor's note saying that I was sick and still got a point from them was ridiculous.
Pros
People I worked with
Cons
Drama
A great place to work for a long time
Supervisor. \Team leader (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield, KYSeptember 12, 2017
I just left for more money the people I worked with were a dedicated bunch o individuals they really help out when you need them most discounts on furniture
Pros
Decent place to work
Cons
Current managment
Great job
Off bearer (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 21, 2017
Great company to work for they treat their employees with respect easy going atmosphere. Laid back company great rasies I would recommend this company to anyone
Wiper (Former Employee) –  Huntingburg, INAugust 11, 2017
The upper management is great. Some of the line leads and supervisors are not so good to work with however. Liked the money, hated the lifting of materials.
Unprofessional
Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee) –  Huntingburg, INJuly 30, 2017
There were very few coworkers here that I actually talked to even though I mostly got along with everyone. I will not EVER go back to this company, the supervisors are unprofessional and cuss you out for anything really, my plant manager was kind of a pervert and although he never touched me he made some comments that were unsettling, these people acted like highschoolers when most of everyone was older than me 30+ I just felt tooken advantage of and decided I deserved better.
poor management all around
30 step supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntingburg, INJuly 26, 2017
They don't know how to treat others equally. Favoritism is showed in most areas and if youre good at what you do you are basically stuck there at that pay scale with no options to move up within the company.
Pros
two weeks vacation after first of the year
Cons
poor management
Control of leadership.of all employees at the location. Reviewed new application of projects. Statr and finished new soecial requests
Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Huntingburg, INJune 16, 2017
I thought enjoyed my position as a lead person. I have always enjoyed learning new jobs and eager to further my knowledge. I believe in myself to be a very hard worker and willing to always accept change as a positive
Pros
New and upcoming special projects
Cons
Employees (friends) did not want to respond to requests
Very productive
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntingburg, INMay 21, 2017
Vacation and time off very fair. Management very competent. Very good benefits package. Holiday pay and time management very flexible. Advancement and raises are very fair.
Great environment and great people.
Quality and Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Leitchfield, KY 42754May 12, 2017
Quality checked 100% of all product, stacked, banned and wrapped product to be shipped, processed paperwork and loaded product onto truck in order it had to be delivered. Management was fairly easy to work with but sometimes there was a lack of communication between shift changes. The people were the best part of the day. Everyone was friendly and tried to get along no matter what the problem.
Pros
Great work environment, amazing people, wonderful insurance, and awesome managers.
Cons
Some drama, and sometimes slow workers.
Worst Employer I've Had
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Huntingburg, INJanuary 27, 2017
I worked in the corporate office in close relation to all of the highest held positions. Here's my takeaway:

Poor management.
Poor family values, as the management praises extra time spent working over quantity or quality of work. Simply time.
The claim to be one big family, but the family who owns the company only actually look out for themselves.
Poor advancement opportunities.
Advancement and perks were obviously based on office politics and friendships.
The health insurance was awful.
IT was a nightmare to work with. It shouldn't be a battle to get necessary equipment and software to do one's job.
No project structure.
No set project management.
Leadership positions were largely held by hotheads.
They will let you go with no reason or warning... or care for you or what will happen to you and your family as a result.
Pros
Office furniture is always nice.
Cons
Plenty. All listed in my summary.
Mediocre job
operator (Current Employee) –  IndianaOctober 23, 2016
Hours vary wildly from week to week, so it can be difficult to have a good work/life balance. In some plants, you will not get raises after your first year. Management is often more focused on their numbers than they are about solving problems. Insurance is decent, but nothing spectacular. If you try to exceed expectations for your job, you will be taken advantage of by supervisors.
Pros
Fairly good job security
Cons
No consistency to life at work
production worker
Operator (Current Employee) –  Huntingburg, INFebruary 13, 2016
Ten hour shifts, all weekends off, and the hardest part being away from loved ones at night, co-workers friendly, management not focused on daytime shifts, hardest is dealing with first shifts short comings
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no room for advancement
Hard, but fun work.
hand sanding, finish sanding, tack board, spring (Former Employee) –  Huntingburg, INDecember 11, 2015
The work is somewhat repetitive. There is a lot of lifting and moving involved in the upholstery job. It is rewarding to take the raw material and apply the fabrics and poly to see the finished product.
Positive and Enjoyable Workplace
Warehouse Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Huntingburg, INAugust 12, 2015
Overall, OFS is a good workplace with understanding management. OFS provides one with job security and opportunity for overtime. Enjoyable coworkers with a positive relaxed work environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntingburg, INFebruary 24, 2015
This is a great place to work...especially as a full-time employee! The workplace is fun, yet productive and relaxed. There is an on-site gym facility with a trainer and group classes. Each floor has its own break room with vending machines, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and ice maker. Management makes sure that the employees are happy in their work environment, and that is something rare.
Workers Eye
Saw Operater (Current Employee) –  Huntingburg, InFebruary 1, 2015
I have to be at work at 7:15 P.M. Thinking here I go again same boring job. I have been taught how to run the machine i am on. They taught me very little about any other machines. I have worked on the same machine for almost a year. I have repeatedly told my supervisor that i want to go to another machine. But here I am 6 months later working on the same one. Co- workers are decent. Nothing to complain about. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to go to another machine.
Friendly and comfortable work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2014
It was good to work as an intern. OFS Brands is a small company at New York location but has nice and clean office.