Ogden Clinic Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great
Customer service scheduler/representative (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 17, 2017
I have enjoyed working for Ogden Clinic, there isn't much room for me to grow and I want to advance in the medical field. I want to start working as a CNA.
Growth and expansion
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 8, 2017
This is a fast growing company that is constantly expanding to meet the community needs. They are constantly adding new specialties and take the time to care for patients.
Excellent place to live. pay is lower than most
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 5, 2017
I loved this job, excellent variety and tons of experienced managers and supervisors. treated fairly, but the pay isn't great. You get excellent benefits including free vision insurance and a 500 dollar employee discount on any healthcare needed if you're single. If you have a family it goes up to 850 dollars.
Schedule is very nice. 8 days in a row including a weekend, ten hour shifts. then six days off.
Pros
schedule, benefits, perks
Cons
pay
Selfishly oppressive, arrogantly immature, Manipulatively-lying Blame shifter
scheduler (Former Employee) –  South Ogden Business officeJune 29, 2017
At the call center, how dare I, business office as they call it; I would take calls, set appointments, submit prescription requests. I answered phones for several locations.As schedulers we are to remain in out area, are allowed a 1 hr lunch, 15 minute breaks depending on the shift length. On Mondays, the most busiest day, we're practically glued to our seats & only get a 30 hr lunch. We are allowed 12 minute max idle time mainly for bathroom usage since the 15 minute breaks take that much time waiting to use the bathroom. The business office needs more bathrooms, also there is some unfair sexist rule about bathroom usage; women can use the men's room if needed. There is awful burnt coffee & overly concentrated hot cocoa in the break room.
At the business location nobody in the office truly enjoys their supervisor post stirring, lewd mouthed, rumor spreading, employee medical record office sharing, manipulative liar. Although some of what she does works against HIPPA , Workplace Harassment & many other employee regulations, these are all the main quality skills she puts to use through the day, and most of the day when her boss is not in the picture.
As an employee don’t try to question her sometimes false authority or she will send you to her boss’ office to look like you’re just trying to overly squeaky wheel her boss.
Other skills include: throwing employees under the bus when pressure is added to her for lacking productivity in making herself look like the more productive employee, even going as far as firing them after blaming them so that they don’t get to speak the
  more... last word in a legitimately debatable situation.  less
Pros
benefits & pay are good, everyone who works at the call center is generally helpfull
Cons
they need to replace the blame shifting supervisor at the call center office
I really enjoyed working at OGDEN clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTJune 1, 2017
Everyone is very helpful willing to teach, great co-workers, fast paced environment which i love, very organized, when sick they always tried to work something out to help you stay home
Pros
Great atmosphere to work in
Cons
Pay
Financial Department Lacking
Accounting Specilist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 19, 2017
This is not a place I would recommend with the current personnel in the financial department. When I first started working it was an ideal environment but after the Controller resigned the department became lacking in character. If you are looking for a future this is not the place for you. I chose to end my employment because I did not see a future with the current management.
Cons
People
Not a long term job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 16, 2017
Benefits are good, but pay is not. Has taken many years to make decent amount per hour. After so long if you want to move to another position that starts out at less then what you are currently making, prepare to have your pay cut. Could use better communication between management and staff. Management/supervisors are easily willing to work with you for time off.
Pros
Free lunches from drug reps
Cons
low pay, lack of communication
Terrible and depressing place of business
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 9, 2017
Would not recommend anyone to work at Ogden Clinic. It is a poorly managed cubical farm. Very low pay for degrading work day after day. Very high turn over of workers. Treated more like a number then a person.
Good management, low pay
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 14, 2016
You get a good employee discount but the pay rate is not good and is not competitive. For the most part, the management and supervisors are great. I dont trust HR. They sometimes make up the rule as they go to benefit their department.
Not the best
Centralized Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 29, 2016
Scheduling is a joke. After being there for many years the pay never got better, promises were never kept, management always thinking they are better than everyone else. After quitting and getting a job doing something very similar, I am now making so much more than before. Definitely would not go back, nor refer anyone to work for them.

Want to know more about Ogden Clinic?

Ask a question
Business office (Former Employee) –  AdminstrationSeptember 22, 2016
Ogden clinic professes to have a core set of values for their clinic. While many of these values are upheld Integrity is not one of them. If you enjoy working in a atmosphere of chaos and uncertainty then this is the place for you. Following instructions will not guarantee a successful employment even after several years of employment.
CO-workers
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 16, 2016
Just like anything things and people have there days where things are just not going well. But there was a co-worker that was manipulative and very cunning. She flat out told me that she was going to get my time slot if I didn't come to work on time more often. Oh and she made it happen. She was manipulating the manager for the receptionist at that time, but also too. That manager didn't believe me in what I was telling her and I was trying my hardest to have a good attitude about the situation. SO what happend was is the co-worker got my position in my time slot and I ended up having to float to all of the clinics. That was my only option that they gave me unless if I wanted to quit. So since that time forward I have lost all respect for the hire ups in the company and also I will NEVER refer anyone to work there because of the stuff that I went through. I wouldn't want anyone to go through that like I did. Hopefully they have changed for the better as a company in whole.
The management at Ogden Clinic has been superior
Medical Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 15, 2016
Distribute incoming faxes. Scan outside documents into the computer system. Problem solving. Very caring co-workers and management.
Taking breaks and lunches. The people.
Pros
Being employed by a respected and growing company
Cons
Higher wages
Registration Specialist
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 28, 2016
It's nice to work with the public and meet new people each day and see some familiar faces at the same time. I'm able to learn new things all the time and apply them in my work environment. I have great ladies I work with, sometimes it's hard to work with such different personalities but we learn each day how to better ourselves. I am able to express my concerns and wants with my manager and we are able to come to some agreements most of the time.
Great Schedule
Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 8, 2016
Great schedules for people of all life styles. Work four 10 hr. shifts for full time benefits or two 10 hr. shifts for part time. Management extremely easy to work with and understanding of lifes' disturbances.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lazy/uncaring co-workers
co-workers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  UtahNovember 29, 2015
This is a great place to work for. The people you work with are fun and always willing to help when needed , but the pay is not all that great
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low pay
Quality therapy, boring work for PTA
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 30, 2015
Friendly atmosphere, quality PT. But the job duties of a PTA are handed off to a PT aide, who is uneducated, unlicensed, and unqualified. Makes for boring, unsatisfying work for a PTA
A great place that strived to give patients the best care.
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 14, 2015
I work with the providers, patients, and insurance companies to get patients scheduled and authorized for surgery. I have learned a lot about how the health system works and how important it is that each part of the system run as smoothly as possible to make sure that patients get the best care they can. I really enjoy working with my coworkers, and I have become great friends with most of them.
Pros
Free lunches from reps, great benefits.
Cons
Sometimes I had to work through lunch, and my drive is a long one.
Cash Posting position
Cash Poster (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 13, 2015
This was a sought after, legitimate, work from home position. I would collect payment statements from the office. A program was downloaded on my home computer. I would input the information from the insurance payment statements into patient account records. The information would include payments, adjustments, co-pays, deductibles, and denials. The statements were divided into insurance batches. All batches input would generate a summary that would need to match the amount of the deposited check. Accuracy, speed, and time management were very important to succeed. I enjoyed the relationships I had with both management and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was sitting at a computer for 8 hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the accomplishment of completing all necessary work by month end.
Enjoyed working with co-workers and physicans
Reception Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 20, 2015
I enjoyed my co-workers but it started to become about the numbers with the management and the patients were always in the right. Some of the patients were not feeling like they were being listened to and just being herded in and out.