OGDEN REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER

OGDEN REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews in United States

working food service was likenot good working place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 25, 2016
I worker in food services I worked there for 28 years my co-worker do not work as team . they would talk about there co-worker byhide there back . the management is very poor.
Pre-op and PACU nurse
Same Day Surgery Nurse, Charge Nurse, PACU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 18, 2016
You start your day getting patients ready for surgery. You do pre-op teaching, so that patients will know what to expect post-op. You start IV, get consent signed and any orders that are written, you complete the orders. When patients come into the PACU, they may be intubated or already extubated. You monitor the patients to make sure they are stable enough to either go to the floor or to same day surgery. If they are stable you transfer them. Same day Post-op nurse, you continue to monitor patient making sure they are stable, addressing any issues that may come up. If they are needing O2 for home use, you get it set up for the patient, so it arrives at their home. More teaching is given, you need to have family members in the room when giving discharge instructions, so that the family will be able to care for the patient once they are home
Pros
get to work in different areas
Cons
fair/poor supervisor
Friendly and flexible
Adult based Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  South Ogden, UTApril 11, 2016
I love the therapy department here. The manager of the Rehab department is easy to talk to and work with. I love her! The COO is also easy to talk to and work with. The job is flexible and the staff is great to be with. The only downside is healthcare. I think that is the trend everywhere, unfortunately. It isn't terrible, but it isn't great and the services in-network can be limiting depending on what you need.
Pros
great staff and boss
Cons
benefit package
Productive, great training, good health care available
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 27, 2016
Great job experience. Great atmosphere. Great supervisors. Great coworkers. Overall great job altogether. If you needed to learn any procedures they had everything available to you.
Pros
job, supervisors, coworkers
Enjoyable place to work
Linen Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 9, 2015
I learned alot from my supervisors and also my co-workers It was a good place to work. Ienjoyed being around other people. I also enjoyed being around my other co-workers. I enjoyed my work
productive workplace with lots of opportunity for education and learning. Recently added a gym for employees. Great doctors and co workers!
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 9, 2015
busy facility. Requires the ability to critically think on the run. Patients are wonderful. Good staff. Lots of opportunities to improve your nursing skills.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
need a bigger facility for those heavy census days
RN (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 6, 2015
I love this place. I feel appreciated and cared for. When there are issues to work on they make it fun and fairly easy to make changes. They really appreciate you and the hard work we all do!
great company to work for
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 23, 2015
friendly staff
enjoy job
management understanding & helpful
benefits acceptable
opportunities for advancement
company promotes & encourages self improvement
caring for patients & supporting families
teamwork & helpful coworkers
knowledgable staff & educators
reputation of hospital
Pros
pay incentives
Cons
short staffed at times
Fun place to work. Staff great.
R.N. Circulating Nurse, Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 22, 2015
This is one of my favorite jobs I have ever worked. The Doctor's are very nice to work with. The staff is motivated and work well together.
my day consists of the following
sugical clerk (Current Employee) –  Operating roomAugust 18, 2015
started out at the front desk scheduling and have worked my way up to help with billing and doing the payroll and filling in were needed.
self motivated and organized. Reliable and I love working with the people in the operating room. Great people. Enjoy meeting new people. The hardest part of my job is making sure that I meet all my goals for each day. I will start learning the employee schedule soon and I like to learn new things. I really enjoy a challenge.
Pros
love my hours that I work.
Cons
I can't really think of any.
I love it here
CNA (Current Employee) –  SAME DAY SURGERYAugust 12, 2015
I love working for Ogden Regional Medical Center. Every where you go, you'll have bad days but the company is a great place to work for.
I was an excellent transcriber for Ogden Regional.
MT (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UtahJuly 5, 2015
Transcribing reports from home. Part time, 20 hours per week. All work types, all specialties. I learned to please many physicians. I learned patience and discipline. I worked at home alone. The hardest part of the job was transcribing about cancer patients and death summaries. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing medical reports in a concise and timely manner.
Pros
Working from home as an MT.
Cons
None.
Professional environment, team of goal oriented employees
Unit Clerk/CNA (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 22, 2015
Fast paced environment working with professionals that were always positive, helpful and encouraging.
Enjoyed being able to learn every how to better care for each patient every day.
Productive and goal oriented. Love working in teams
Operating Room Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ogden , UtahApril 19, 2015
Performing daily tasks. Prepping the Department with the day has ahead. How many patients will be having surgery. Communicate with other departments to ensure the patient is well take care of from the moment they check in, until they are brought back and prepped fir the surgery team.
Performing multiple tasks at once.
Keeping everyone focused to make sure the room is ready and prepped for the patients needs.
I learned how to work with various people, departments, Surgeons and their teams to care for each and every patient
Pros
a successful surgery to me it is all about the patience care
Cons
Healthcare, time off, compensation
Worked here as a Nursing student preceptee. As far as I could tell, this was one of the ideal places to work in my area as a Registered Nurse.
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 8, 2015
I believe the patients get excellent medical care while in this hospital.
My experience was on IMC. The team of nurses here was excellent, knowledgeable and all worked together well to accomplish nursing tasks to improve patient outcomes.
If one nurse was overwhelmed with too much going on with one of the patients assigned other nurses would step in voluntarily to assist the nurse with the other assigned patients.
I felt that I fit in quite well on the unit, learned much, and would like to work in an environment like this one in the future.
Pros
Teamwork, dedication to patient outcomes, employee education programs
Cons
not much that I could observe could be considered a con.
N/a
Phlebotomis/tUnit clerk (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 9, 2015
I didn't really care for this company. It seemed it was always about how much money they could make. And my supervisor was always off and not working. It always fell upon me to pick up her work.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
"Not Bigger, Just Less Patient Minded"
RN (Former Employee) –  NursingJanuary 18, 2015
I worked for this hospital for over 3 years. The management structure in my department alone changed over 6 times just while I was there. Myself and several co-workers were asked to compromise unit and our own personal integrity. When brough to administration's attention, the written response was, "I know we have done that in the past..." and the situation was allowed to continue. No stability, not much room for advancement, if any. Only 5% of the beds on the unit had working O2 available. Annual reviews not performed consistently. No feedback on what employees do right. No job security. Ambiguous handbook. Mandatory meal breaks deducted regardless of whether you work through them or not. Patient to nurse ratio most times was not safe for the patients, especially with little or no CNA help. Asked to go against doctor's wishes in order to make more money.
Could be a great facility but not until drastic changes are made to ensure patient safety and privacy.
Pros
401(k) match; every year you get a free turkey.
Cons
patient safety comes second to making money, hippa compliance and personal integrity compromised, employee concerns come second to making money
Learned how to work with the chronically mentally ill
Social Work Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 31, 2014
I was given the opportunity to train out of school. I had good support with supervision. Management sent the message out the "we should feel lucky to have a job". While we worked with the most difficult population.
Pros
flexable schedule if needed
Cons
favoritism
Division Abstraction Lead (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 4, 2014
No pecking order-very friendly people. They care about you as a person not just a warm body.
One big Family!
Phlebotomist/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 3, 2014
The work day at ORMC was busy and fast paced. It was all about patient care and we all as a team delivered. It was one of the only Hospitals in Utah to be a "Heart Hospital" which speaks for itself.

What I have learned while working at ORMC is that it really does take everyone to get through those days and evenings that were high stressed is that you truly do depend on each other to make sure that everything gets done in a timely manner.

We were a team, no matter what the personality differences. At the end of the day/shift, you are family.

There really isn't a hard part of the job, you learn, you do and you accomplish.

The feeling of being part of a great team.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
working evenings

OGDEN REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Reviews by Job Title