OGILVY & MATHER

OGILVY & MATHER Employer Reviews

The people make it great.
Presentation & Production Designer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 19, 2014
Ogilvy people are honest and real. People pride themselves in delivery the best creative you can possibly churn out. Hugely collaborative and widely successful campaigns are something to be proud of.
great place, great people, crazy hours
Senior Art Director (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: tough hours
For the first few months freelancing I worked every night and weekend and barely saw my family.

On the plus side I worked with an amazing creative director and great account team.

In the end I think we got to sell through good work. I would do it over again in a heartbeat.
Thirsty Thursdays
Digital Artist; stints as Freelance Des./Art Dir. (Former Employee), New YorkMay 29, 2014
Essentially Production Centrale.

Great opportunity for me to showcase my best as opposed, and learn how to deal with various minds.

The most enjoyable was to meet deadline as also to shape deadlines.
prestigoius
Financial Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2014
strong sales skills
creative skills
strong interaction with coworkers
smart is the new different
Account Manager (Current Employee), Bucuresti, IFMay 6, 2014
and this is how I would describe my colleagues.

Most of them are Einstein smart. With a Schweppes humor, alternated with a Big Bang Theory one but only when they are in a good mood. But also picky when it comes to their work. They expect the best from others and from themselves. And don't settle down for anything less than perfection between rational – more... and fine artwork.

They are kind of role models to each other and me. And hopefully I am one for them. – less
Huge Agency with Potential
Freelance Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 29, 2014
Good for a person who does not want to be micro managed, can handle fast paced work in print/digital and loves beer/wine. They always have it flowing!
Excellent Place to Work
Creative & Production Assistant (Current Employee), ChicagoApril 22, 2014
Everything about this job is excellent. Great coworkers, great clients and fun work environment. They respect and support work life balance.
My first Agency and also my last one while more than 20 years in Ecuador
Creative Director (Former Employee), Guayaquil, EcuadorApril 2, 2014
Pros: method and advertising philosophy; environment, management, network.
Cons: i had to leave...
This is a great place to work. Fortunately, I learned the basics of those years, when computers where only at hand by accounting department ; )

Growing up (advertisingly speaking) in such a fun place was a privilege.

I came back after 20 years and despite all the technological changes, I could still feel that the essence is intact.
Horrible work environment. Boring programs.
OgilvyAction Account Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2014
Pros: the name "ogilvy" looks great on your resume and the office building is impressive
Cons: get taken advantage of.
The name Ogilvy reads great on your resume and is definitely something you can brag about to friends/family in the business. The downside is that the company knows that--and takes advantage of its employee's as being associated with Ogilvy is a "privilege". The job is 24 hrs a day. You get blamed for everything unless you are a VP. Blame tends to get – more... pushed down to lower positions which-in turn- gets pushed down to lower positions and so on. There are so many middle men that really have no purpose so any change you can bring to the table won't happen for a yr or 2 because it has to get funneled through all the middlemen. The middlemen usually end up claiming your ides as their own if the idea is liked.

Their client list is GREAT! However their programs might as well be marketing programs created in the 50's. Not innovative in any way. Their solution to all their tech problem is to "clear your cache's."

Coworkers try to make other coworkers look bad in order to make themselves look better.

Overall a very unhealthy workplace. If you are truly passionate about marketing programs- go elsewhere as their programs are "safe" and boring. – less
fun
Web/ Interaction Designer (Former Employee), 台北市, TPEFebruary 19, 2014
As a designer, Ogilvy is a good place to get inspired by your co-worker. Everyone in the team was so creative. But you need to work late most if the time.
Fun place to work
Analytics Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Great environment and culture. The company really invests in their employee's development and training.

Work/Life balance can be a little off at times but its a part of the business
Not much work to be done.
Internship (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not much to do.
There wasn't enough to be done. I felt like I just was there and learned about what others did.
Nice working environment.
Assistant Business Affairs Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2013
Nice working environment. Interesting clients and projects.
Overall great co-workers.
Fun work environment
Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2013
If you have a secure job position here, it's a great place to work. Awesome office, fun people, and interesting work.
Tough, but great experience
Executive Assistant to Chief Creative Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 13, 2013
Hours were brutal, but O&M will throw you right in. You learn immediately to be resourceful!
Redworks
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2013
Has superb management and a top-notch staff. They treated me very well there.
good place to work depending on your manager
IBM WW Financial Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2013
Pros: good place to network
Cons: some upper management can hinder you from advancement
good place ussually drama free great vacation days off etc work life balnce ok depending who and what departmen you work for
Great Corporate Culture
Assistant Media Planner (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2013
Pros: free alcohol
Cons: location
You are usually very busy, but the company values it's employees.
Great office with unlimited opportunities
Assistant Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2013
Pros: constant employee events, in-house gym, in-house medical center, great cafeteria
Ogilvy is an agency that allows their employees to explore their passions and become involved in not only their client work but the internal objectives of the agency. Amazing and passionate people, great opportunities, and a fun culture. There is always something to do at this office!
Productive and creative workplace.
Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2013
Pros: great envirnonment, great perks such as catered free lunch and paid summer fridays off
Cons: no room for growth and expanasion, bad benefits package, high turnover rate
Ogilvy & Mather is a great place for young, innovative, post graduates to gain a great experience. The environment is very hip and trendy. A typical day at work as a receptionist at this company involved interacting with potential clients which included Senior level executives from companies such as aol, facebook, Gap, etc.

1 2 3 4