Ogilvy & Mather Employee Reviews

Great first job
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2017
This was my first job out of college and it was pretty cool. Ogilvy was kind of stuffy as ad agencies go (there were no ping-pong tables or video games in the break room) but everyone was cool and happy-hours were often pretty epic.
Good Company If You're Starting Out
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2017
My experience with Ogilvy was with a very "non-standard" account so my personal experience isn't worth commenting on. But those starting their careers seemed to like it and were given many opportunities to learn.

As someone who has worked many other corporations but not in advertising, I thought the organization was a bit cultish and spent a fair amount of time patting itself on its back.
Pros
cafeteria in building - nice because they're practically in the Hudson
Cons
Not very digital
Sql bi developer [ssrs/ssas]
SQL BI Developer [SSRS/SSAS] (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 15, 2017
i got good team here and i have worked with good team and Ogilvy Common Healthwas a good firm where they encourage us to get project well and good and the environment was good
Professional, creative places to work
Freelance creative director/art director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2017
Ogilvy & Mather was a very good large agency experience. Creative work matters. Professional, nice place to work.

Kirshenbaum Bond was a very good smaller agency experience. Creative work matters. Scrappier in feel. Good place.
Wonderful work environment
Creative/Design Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2017
Very warm and welcoming environment to work in. Learning of all sorts was encouraged and facilitated. Everyone had a very proactive work ethic and demonstrated a great deal of collaboration.
Productive workplace with unique culture
Media Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2017
The workplace culture is second to none. The leadership team does everything it can to keep everyone informed on the direction of the company. The hardest part of this job is its learning curve.
Pros
happy hours
Cons
employee turnover
Great learning experience
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 28, 2017
While working at Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide I learned so much about how a project needs to be run in order to be successful. My time as a project management intern was some of the most fun I had over the summer and I think that work environment creates a collaborative work environment. Additionally the skills they taught me have served me well in school and should serve me well in future employment.
Laid Back
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day at work was very to the point. Answer phones all day.
The work atmosphere was basically laid back.

People were friendly when you get to know them.
Pros
Evrything to your disposal
Cons
Far away from transportation
unimpressed
Project Manager-Freelance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2017
While the work is good, the overall process and department heads cause unnecessary and inefficient problems. There is little opportunity to advance and no training.
Creative and Productive place to work in
Art Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Amazing clientele with amazing budget. Great benefits, with plenty of room for advancement. Politics in the workplace.
Overall a decent agency
Sr. Copy Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 24, 2017
Work life balance is poor but depends on the account.

Compensation is fair but it depends on the initial negotiation.

Brands are driven by the account side with less respect for creative.
Great place to work!
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 23, 2017
My experience thus far at Ogilvy has been fun and educational. It is a great work environment with great people that motivate one another to deliver a common goal.
Great learning environment, but workaholics
Senior Strategist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
I've been exposed to a wide range of projects, people and clients at Ogilvy. It is a wonderful place to learn, but if you are good at your job, your reward is simply more work.
Intern Program = Meh, but Name Brand=Irreplaceable
Intern (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 28, 2016
Really enjoyed the culture, people, and overall experience, but the intern program was a pretty blah. There was, however, a pretty large disconnect between the HR Coordinators and the actual supervisors. My supervisor didn't know what to do with me, so I mostly Netflixed or read. This was a commonality among the majority of other interns, who played online games, played put-put, or slept.

As an extremely personable and motivated go-getter, it was really hard to get work, as the fast-paced agency work environment isn't conducive for an employer to take time and explain the task. I was a student in the Sciences, and didn't know the majority of interns were Business students. They could definitely bolster their opportunities for science-minded individuals. My biggest projects were creating literature for the client and doing a series of phone calls to doctors advertising programs.

**HOWEVER** If you are looking for a Design/UX internship APPLY HERE. AMAZING people to work with, you grow so much and have a lot of really cool opportunities. I had the honor of working with the Design interns very closely and they got the most out of the experience.

Further, there was a very cool entirely intern-run project where we raised money for a local charity over the summer, which gives interns a lot to talk about with future employers.

Overall, Ogilvy is GIGANTIC and WORLD-RENOWNED. Seriously, I think 'Mad Men' mentioned the company like 4 times in the series. It expands to every discipline and is really worth an application. Even if the intern program isn't all that fabulous,
  more... the "name brand" aspect of it is really cool, and a great spring board for future employment.  less
Very Interesting place to work
Unified Communications Engineer/Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2016
Interacting with advertising, marketing and social media account teams daily.

Management appreciates your work as well as growing your careers and abilities.

Ever changing environment and you get to see new advertising before released to the public.
Pros
Great benefit packages
Cons
Lower salary because of great benefit package
Productive and fast paced place to work
Executive Assistant to Director and EVP (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2016
Great company to work for.
Fast paced and young environment.
Hardest part of job, some personality conflicts.
Most enjoyable--challenging. Learning something new about my
position every day.
Co-workers are ambitious and reliable.
Typical day--is continuous and steady, managing calendar, setting up calls and meetings. Booking travel. Revising and printing documents.
Cons
short breaks
Great if it's the lifestyle you want
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2016
A typical day at work is incredibly hectic, fast paced and there are a lot of egos in the name of creating good work. Unfortunately has become very political in recent times at it's affecting everyone along the totem pole.

I learned a great deal at this job. Ogilvy is very well known for teaching you to get better at your job. It's very much a 'throw you into the fire' type of job as well, which is why you learn very quickly, but the support is not always there when you need it.

Hardest part of my job is the long hours and the egos involved every step of the way.

Most enjoyable is creating interesting things.
Great Culture - A big family
Diversity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2016
I have learned so much in my 13 years at Ogilvy. A typical day for me - is doing my every day job, and helping anyone I can. Management & coworkers make it a great place to work at. The hardest part of my job is being away from my children. The most enjoyable part of my job, is all the help I can give to everyone.
Pros
Good people
fun work place
Health Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2016
Signing up empolyees for gym memberships. And training furture clients in the gym. I learn how to train my clients better with machines. Co-workers are great to work with. hardest part was working out with the weights. Enjoyable part was traing my clients.
Pros
Free Memberships
Cons
Health care
Workplace does not deserve the name it holds
Assistant Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2016
This company has lost its way. Poor management, awful turnaround rates, poor quality of work. Ogilvy needs to reevaluate how employees are treated if they hope to keep their place in the ad world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ogilvy & Mather. Our community is ready to answer.