Ohio Auto Loan Services, Inc Employee Reviews

Good place to work for , they are great with understanding things that happen outside of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 4, 2017
Great place to learn how to eneter data in systems while speaking to the customer about the contracts. Also you learn how to file and keep customers information stored away.
Job does not pay
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMarch 6, 2017
I had my yearly review and was excited for my raise till I find out my raise couldn't even get me a value meal each week. After my tiny tiny tiny raise was approved, I get a call stating it was denied do to previous raise. Which was 7 months late from my hire date. Now I have to wait 18 months to get a raise if I even get one. I traveled for this company for 8 months in one year. Never will do again. Waited 4 months just for my 1st reimbursement check and still waiting for my last one. I turned a branch around from going farther in the whole and I filled in the hole and was making a mound.
Pros
Staff at my branch
Cons
Pay sucks
No structure
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 20, 2017
No training structure. Titles lost, compliance at an all time low. Changing vin numbers to give loans. Not a place I want to gamble with...scary. Management needs structure on how to fix issues within the organization. Major downfall is upper Management making managers look bad, with no chain of command. Poverty management at its best.
Pros
Co workers trying
Cons
Upper management...revolving door
Would not recommend
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 22, 2016
I worked for this company almost 3yrs. When I started the company it was just getting started in my state so I thought the chaos was ok...unfortunately it never changed. Long days no advancement and big on negative reinforcements!!! Upper management is absolutely ridiculous and has no idea what is really happening with their stores. I have never worked for a corporate company with this much dysfunction.
Pros
Working with the great community!
Cons
Lack of advancement, education, and 6day work week.
"Worst company I have ever worked for in my life"
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHDecember 12, 2016
Upper management does not care for your well being. They tell you room for advancement but that is a lie. I was well over qualified for a sales position coming from a management background, and was promised a manager opportunity when it became available, and they hired someone from the outside that had zero manager/collection qualifications. Turnover rate is unbelievable. In my last 8 weeks 4 employees left. All they care about are the collection numbers. A proper rating on this company would be a zero "0".
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
Horibble Upper Management, 6 day work week, Flexing start times
Horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 7, 2016
One of the worst jobs I've ever had. No family time. Management is horrible. Could never request for time off. Just overall a bad company. Do not recommend to anyone .
Low Pay, Long Hours
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHNovember 10, 2016
Working 6 days a week. Grateful for the opportunity. And becoming a notary.

Manager at branch is demeaning, controlling and needs more training on interacting with people. Otherwise she needs to be moved to another position.

Co-Workers were fun.

Hardest part of the job was trying to balance all new customers coming in along with making hundreds of collection calls. Doing the managers job of putting files together because she didn't want to do it herself.

Enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with customers.
Pros
Fast Paced, day goes by fast
Cons
Manager
Unorganized
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 5, 2016
Lack of communication between management, lack of professionalism and confidentiality. Employees should not know the personal business of other employees because it is discussed in front of them or to them by management. Training is not done very well. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Cons
no 401k match, 6 day work week
very busy job always have a lot to do
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 25, 2016
love what I do! how ever the hours aren't that great. writing loans and helping people financially is a nice job. Collection calls are always interesting! hardest part of the job would be getting people to give up personal info.
Pros
pays well great employees
Cons
the hours are horrible
Friendly on surface, evil underneath
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 11, 2016
Coworkers and other management are always nice and helpful but upper management is petty, malicious, and prone to excessive gossip. Customers are generally only looking for money to get another fix and become violent and angry when their car is taken away, All together unfulfilling and not worth it. Much better jobs out there.
Pros
Coworkers are great
Cons
Upper management is petty and malicious
productive and fun work place
Account Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 13, 2015
Awesome place to grow and fun place to work. The most important part of the job is helping customers with their needs and helping them find better ways to maintain their expenses.
Pros
growth
very fun place to work
Sales Representative/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 26, 2015
nice work place to work with supportive managment decent amount of red tape and politics but this expected of a company like this. i did each day ranging from the monotonous tasks to new project that where challenging and exciting
Pros
one hour lunch breaks
Cons
healthcare
productive work place.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 2, 2015
love my co workers, new company so many kinks still needing to be fixed. The hardest part of the job is marketing in the winter during tax season. However I did learn how to manage a branch.
6 days a week 52 weeks a year, 10 hour days, no bonus
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus,OhOctober 13, 2014
I have a certain vision for myself and I wont stop until I've accomplished what I set out to. I don't see any opportunity for growth and advancement at Ohio Auto Loan.
get to work one on one with a variety of people
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHAugust 6, 2014
fast paced detail oriented job. Get to interact with a variety of different people and situations.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
low pay long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ohio Auto Loan Services, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1