Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Workers' Compensation
Director, BWC Industrial Rehabilitation Center (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2015
Goal is to return injured workers to work after sustaining an industrial injury. Medical services and vocational rehabilitation services are offered.
Pros
Helping injured worker population.
Cons
State laws
Good working environment were everyone contributes to the team goals and objectives.
Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2012
Worked for the OHIO Bureau of Workers' Compensation on 3 month temporary assignment. This is a great place to work. I learned a lot and was fortunate to be there. The people on my team treated me with respect and appreciated my efforts. They were helpful, professional and had a sense of humor which makes it the day more enjoyable. My co-workers, supervisor and manager treated me like one of them. I would strongly recommend to work for OHIO BWC.
Pros
great people and family-work balance
Productive and resolution oriented.
Claims Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 21, 2015
Each day was different due to the fact that I managed a large risk caseload and I investigated, obtained necessary evidence to support claim issue I was going to issue an Administrative Order or a Industrial Commission Referral to resolve a claim issue. I built excellent communication skills with internal departments such as Employer Services, Rehabilitation Specialist, in house Nurses' and Physicians', Safety and Hygiene, and the Fraud Unit. Also, built excellent communication skills with external customers such as Employers, Physicians'', Attorney's', and Injured Workers. The hardest part of the job was terminating benefits to injured workers who had not returned to work due to their work related injury. The most enjoyable part of the job was handling catastrophic injuries and obtaining the necessary evidence to issue claim determination within 48 hours and to obtain the necessary resources for the family members, Often very emotionally draining, however was proud of the hard work and knowing that all parties expedited the evidence they were responsible for submitting to me to issue the Initial Allowance Order.
Pros
helped people during a difficult time in their life.
Cons
not always able to acheive an successful return to work for the injured worker.
interesting
Employer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioAugust 26, 2013
enjoyed providing consultative services to the employers of Ohio..
Pros
co-workers
Cons
politics

4.2