Ohio Christian University Employee Reviews in United States

Coshocton County Memorial Hospital
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHApril 26, 2016
I would start my day checking the server room for failed equipment and move on to see what tickets I would have in my ticket Que. Work on the tickets that could be AD to file system stuff. In this job I have learned more about managing AD and dealing with IBM equipment. The hardest part of the job was working with older equipment and keeping me on the back site of technology. The coworkers worked good as a team and you do not always see this until you move on to another job.
Pros
A vast knowledge base to learn from
Cons
Insurance
Love the Atmosphere
Director of Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHSeptember 28, 2015
Great co-workers and I love the atmosphere. I have 6 recruiters who work for me and we ensure that we bring in enough students to meet the schools requirements each year. i am also the international student advisor.
Pros
love the people and working with students
Cons
can't advance
Fun environment surrounded by great people
IT Representative (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJuly 3, 2015
Working as an IT Representative was one of the most enjoyable jobs I've ever had. The hours were good, the work was challenging, and the experience was rewarding.

What skills you may have lacked entering the job were quickly gained while on the clock, as co-workers were helpful and easy to learn from.

Highly recommended.
Pros
Great environment, room to learn
Cons
Hours too spread out between employees
Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHMay 28, 2015
I just worked here as a student worker to have some extra money to pay bills and to pay off the extremely high tuition, It wasn't too bad and I was very happy to have the job, as work around campus are at a high demand. I didn't have someone constantly over my shoulder and I really appreciated that.
Fast growing and innovative faith-based higher education system
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 24, 2015
Ohio Christian University is constantly changing and expanding as a higher education institution. The faculty members have the good balance of autonomy and guidance from the university to design their teaching experience.
Pros
Faith-based organization
Cons
Minimal pay for adjunct faculty.
Busy, but laid-back work environment
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHOctober 5, 2012
OCU is rapidly growing and a solid choice for someone to work their way up. One must be open to change, but it's exciting to be working for a company that is going through so many advances. Management is very open to suggestions and encourages professional growth. Very much a teamwork environment. Most employees wear multiple hats and work very hard, but hours are flexible.
Pros
free lunches, long paid holiday breaks, education assistance
This is a great and growing place to work
Affiliate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OhioMarch 9, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy teaching and interacting with adult students. My "workday" is 6:00-10:00 weekday evenings. I work on a contract basis, usually one or two evenings per week. The amount of classes are per my response to course offerings made available to me. The most enjoyable part of my work is interacting with students and continually being stretched professionally. The most difficult part of the job is to maintain balance in grading. I need to use care that I give a proper and appropriate grade to all students, based on the deserved grade of the assignment.
Pros
great interaction with faculty and students
Cons
arriving home late evening when teaching at certain campus sites
Think is needs a better idea of where it's going with management
Technical Editor- Contractual (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHMarch 22, 2015
Pay is challenging, co-workers are pleasant. There seems to be a lot of turnover. It also seems to be relatively flexible.
Productive , Busy , but Fun work environment
Advancement Department Team Member (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHSeptember 21, 2012
A typical day of work at Ohio Christian was normally very fun. I would go into work after my classes and then would stay until 5:00 normally . I would input data into a database by checking the returned mail. Then I would imput ticket sales into a database. Normally once a day a ticket seller I had would call in and I would then have to stop and do credit card transactions. I would then pay bills and do reimbursements for the Department. Throughout the day I would be answering calls and calling donors and checking the tickets email. My co-Workers were very fun and out-going. Although we were very professional and productive there was time to have fun and just enjoy each other. The hardest part about this job was the fact that my boss didnt know what she was doing. She would have to ask me for questions and would tell me to do things for her because she didnt know how. The most enjoyable part was the work environment. It was a christian environment and every one was very nice.
Pros
free lunch, paid lunches, paid to run errands.
Cons
boss not knowing what she was doing .
fun working environment and productive
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Circleville OhioFebruary 25, 2014
Very conducive for teaching
accommodating
Management style very democratic
Team work
The most hardest part of the job is travelling
I enjoying working with faculty and the students
Pros
free milage allowance
Cons
healthcare

Want to know more about Ohio Christian University?

Ask a question
Wonderful atmosphere for teaching and learning - great co-workers!
Adjunct Spanish Professor (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJune 8, 2012
A typical day of work consists of on-line lesson preparation, grading and reporting for my Spanish students. Class time includes review of prepared lesson with addition of new materials that correspond to the concepts we are addressing in that class. There is much conversation and oral evaluation in the classroom.

I am constantly learning more interpersonal relational skills, both with students, peers,and supervisors; as well as practicing being a good listener.

The most time consuming part of my job is making sure my lesson plans are done well and completely, thus assuring a great classroom experience due to organization and planning.

The hardest part of my job is keeping abreast of computer programs used in the education reporting/communication system.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being with my students, helping them to learn, and sharing the joy of achievement in the process. I love it when they give positive feedback concerning something we have talked about in class which has impacted their lives in a positive way.
Pros
christian atmosphere - wonderful people!
Cons
i would like to be able to teach more classes.
I assisted with all the logistics of student activities.
Student Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHApril 26, 2013
This was a student work job. I worked anywhere from 15-50 hours a week depending on whether we had an event that week or not. I also participated in weekly office jobs such as editing videos and making phone calls.
Interactive learning/working environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHApril 1, 2013
The course agenda is very detailed and organized. The students show a willingness to learn the course material.
Pros
exchange idea's with people in an educational setting.
Cons
sometimes the locations are far away.
Poor Employment Option
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHAugust 14, 2013
This is a poor employment option. No proper functioning human resources department and things are not handled ethically at this institution.