Ohio Christian University Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Professor (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHApril 27, 2017
It was a great place to work. They have a great foundation its based on Christianity, but most of the jobs are part time. The people are nice and friendly.
productive and fun learning environment
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHApril 18, 2017
a typical day at work consisted of checking books in/out for patrons while answering phone calls from outsiders and online students; it was a great learning experience
It was a great company
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 4, 2017
I had a great life work balance. I wore many hats, so my days where always busy but fun. I love being busy and helping people. The company is based out of Ohio and the culture was much different in the metro Atlanta area.
Higher Education is Great
Assistant to the Registrar (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OH 43113February 2, 2017
Each day was filled with new activities, new procedures and opportunities to make a difference in others lives. This is a joyful place to work. The hardest part was learning how to communicate with younger adults and being understood.
I most enjoyed talking to and counseling students, helping with studies and making a welcoming place for the student to come and grow spiritually and intellectually. Loved seeing the changes from Freshmen to Senior years.
Pros
Personally fulfilling
Cons
no cons
player
Collegiate basketball player (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJanuary 25, 2017
it was fun playing there and my coach was great i would highly recommend to anybody. it is very well worth the time and money and i promise you wont regret.
I love it!
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Working as a student worker has its ups and downs, i personally love working in the career services department and i absolutely love my boss. I think this school is great!
Terrible
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJanuary 22, 2017
This is a terrible place to work/attend school. The school does not care about others thoughts and opinions. They are extremely self centered beings..
Nice place to work with great coworkers and personally rewarding
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHJanuary 19, 2017
This job is more personally rewarding than anything as the workplace culture is well rooted in Biblical concepts and bathed in prayer. They truly stand behind their goals as a college and who they represent as a whole. Hard work pays off when you see students graduate and realize their full potential.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
benefits and pay
It's like your apart of a family
Office worker (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJanuary 9, 2017
The people you work with is amazing, it's so nice getting to work with people who love God it is so empowereing. Ohio Christian university has given the skills that I need for finding a new job.
OCU is a very enjoyable place to work.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 16, 2016
I enjoy my work at OCU. The academic suport team is concerned with the organization and the faculty. The work environment is conducive to an efficient and effective work place.
Great Environment
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 12, 2016
Great and exciting place to work and utilize your creative gifts and talents. Wonder for staff and students with a stimulating atmosphere for innovation of new technologies and ideas.
Awesome place to start a career in the teaching field
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMay 30, 2016
Awesome place to start a career in the teaching field. I teach online classes but have the option to teach in class. I was given a teaching mentor when I started. I have been teaching consistently to gain the skills needed to teach.
Coshocton County Memorial Hospital
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHApril 26, 2016
I would start my day checking the server room for failed equipment and move on to see what tickets I would have in my ticket Que. Work on the tickets that could be AD to file system stuff. In this job I have learned more about managing AD and dealing with IBM equipment. The hardest part of the job was working with older equipment and keeping me on the back site of technology. The coworkers worked good as a team and you do not always see this until you move on to another job.
Pros
A vast knowledge base to learn from
Cons
Insurance
Love the Atmosphere
Director of Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHSeptember 28, 2015
Great co-workers and I love the atmosphere. I have 6 recruiters who work for me and we ensure that we bring in enough students to meet the schools requirements each year. i am also the international student advisor.
Pros
love the people and working with students
Cons
can't advance
Fun environment surrounded by great people
IT Representative (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJuly 3, 2015
Working as an IT Representative was one of the most enjoyable jobs I've ever had. The hours were good, the work was challenging, and the experience was rewarding.

What skills you may have lacked entering the job were quickly gained while on the clock, as co-workers were helpful and easy to learn from.

Highly recommended.
Pros
Great environment, room to learn
Cons
Hours too spread out between employees
Student Worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHMay 28, 2015
I just worked here as a student worker to have some extra money to pay bills and to pay off the extremely high tuition, It wasn't too bad and I was very happy to have the job, as work around campus are at a high demand. I didn't have someone constantly over my shoulder and I really appreciated that.
Fast growing and innovative faith-based higher education system
Adjunct Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 24, 2015
Ohio Christian University is constantly changing and expanding as a higher education institution. The faculty members have the good balance of autonomy and guidance from the university to design their teaching experience.
Pros
Faith-based organization
Cons
Minimal pay for adjunct faculty.
Think is needs a better idea of where it's going with management
Technical Editor- Contractual (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHMarch 22, 2015
Pay is challenging, co-workers are pleasant. There seems to be a lot of turnover. It also seems to be relatively flexible.
This is a great and growing place to work
Affiliate Faculty (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OhioMarch 9, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy teaching and interacting with adult students. My "workday" is 6:00-10:00 weekday evenings. I work on a contract basis, usually one or two evenings per week. The amount of classes are per my response to course offerings made available to me. The most enjoyable part of my work is interacting with students and continually being stretched professionally. The most difficult part of the job is to maintain balance in grading. I need to use care that I give a proper and appropriate grade to all students, based on the deserved grade of the assignment.
Pros
Great interaction with faculty and students
Cons
Arriving home late evening when teaching at certain campus sites
fun working environment and productive
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Circleville OhioFebruary 25, 2014
Very conducive for teaching
accommodating
Management style very democratic
Team work
The most hardest part of the job is travelling
I enjoying working with faculty and the students
Pros
Free milage allowance
Cons
Healthcare