Ohio Dominican University Employee Reviews

Fun and fast paced environment. New challenges each day
Sodexo Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 4, 2017
This is an environment where one can experience something new each day. The people in leadership roles strive to improve the quality of life for the employees and customers.
Relaxed and fun work place
Work study in the Student Involvement Office (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2017
Any typical day I would retrieve the mail and separate the mail into the different groups we had. Then I would sit at the front desk and greet anyone who came into the office. Occasionally my manger would have other projects for me to work on including to organize the drink closet and making posters for upcoming events.
Criminal Justice Tutor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2017
I was a student tutor and my supervisor gave excellent feedback on my work as well as worked around my class schedule and helped me to become a better tutor throughout my time there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No cons
A relaxed atmosphere
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2017
I was just an intern through the Exercise Science department, but the work environment was very relaxed. This was a great place for both work and school.
Work Study
Front Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 16, 2017
My job is part of a work study position. I love my position at my school because it is on campus and I am allowed to do my homework when times are slow. It is relaxed and though I am not paid as much, it is enough money to 'get by.'
Pros
I am able to do my homework
Cons
Low pay rate
Productive and energetic college enviroment with business oriented objectives.
Business Manager for the Tower (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 10, 2016
I was the manager of the school news paper The Tower. I was responsible for getting articles from writers to publish in the paper. We also advertised for local businesses in the paper.
worked he as a student
Student Worker in the Spangler Library (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 13, 2016
This was a peaceful place to work. I learned a lot about libraries and how the book numbering system works. you get to meet a lot of people when you work in the library.
Provided some job experience.
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 21, 2016
It was my first experience at job and it the hours varied per week with sporting events. It was a way to earn more money to pay for university. It was a standard federal work study that allowed me to earn some job skills.
Ohio Dominican Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 11, 2015
Every day was different as an Intern. As an intern at Ohio Dominican I had the opportunity to meet many new people and have connections for my future, which was awesome!
Great University, great mission.
Student (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioOctober 8, 2015
Great University with a great mission. They do a lot for marginalized populations and offer a lot of aid to their students. They make it hard to fail.
Pros
Everything, great location for a college student. Everything is close.
Cons
Some crime in near by towns.
Fun place to work with sports teams
Game Day Staff (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioApril 12, 2015
I have many different resposiblities depending on the sport event that is taken place. I have been a scorekeeper, clock manager, usher and security if need be.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
Varied hours
A pleasant place to work with good pay and benefits.
Assistant Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 23, 2015
It is a pleasant place to work with good benefits. Upper management felt fairly distant, but rarely interfered in what was needed to accomplish departmental level goals. There was a great deal of turn over above me in my final 5 years there which made it difficult for me to get a feel for the direction that the university and my department was heading. Personally I found that difficult, but its an above average place to work with a number of great people that it calls employees.
Pros
full benefits, education benefits, sense of community
Cons
continuous leadership changes, quirky due to size and industry
Ohio Dominican University
Purchasing Assist./Acc receivable. (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 9, 2015
My time with Ohio Dominican University , Columbus, Ohio has been rewarding. I have gained additional experience in buying for the University, accounts payable and accounts receivable. The people employed at ODU are unique in every way. A wonderful staff to work with.

My reason for leaving is the driving distance. I would like to secure a position in Richland County, Ohio where I live.
ugh....
security (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhSeptember 14, 2014
It is a fun place to work, but the extremely low pay rate and the serious incompentance of a member of upper management make this security outfit a joke with a badge. Expect bs emails that make no sense, can't get a straight answer and be micro managed by someone that can't spell manager. But, that's what you get when your upper management doesn't have a college degree and he has a checkered background......

Avoid working in security here at all costs.
Pros
easy job
Cons
a few bad apples at the top part of the tree.
Producive and fun work enviornment
Security Assistant/Guard (Former Employee) –  COSeptember 8, 2014
A typical day working this postion consist of doing perimeter checks, bag checks, and saftey checks. I learned to be diligent in my work as a result of being employed by this company. Management and co-workers were all excellent to work with and for.
Pros
Work Experience
Cons
n/a
Good managers
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 27, 2014
There was a lot of flexibility with my schedule. I ran track and cross country, so i could schedule work when I had time too. There was a chance to make all of my work study money
Fun place to work. Bad boses to work for
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Colunbus ohMay 9, 2014
I loved that job. Learned more about my role as a secuity officer on a college campus then any other previous job. My imeadte supervisors however are a diferant matter. Any small thing you do wrong is magnified 1000x. Wanted to become shift supervisior. My former supervisor laughed at me. Lost my job becuase of small stuff that that they blew completely out of purportion. But still loved that job
Pros
Good job, good staff, good environment
Cons
The bosses, the holier than thou attitudes
Fun place to work
Event Planning Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 9, 2014
• Typical day: Event planning and execution
• What I learned: learning a process of everything that goes into an event beyond stats
• Management: fun upbeat and energetic
• Coworkers: ranged in ages from 18-22
• Hardest part of the job: events that weren't up to par
• Most enjoyable part of the job: successful events
fun work force
i was a kitchen worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 9, 2013
it was good working at Ohio Dominican university i learn about cleaning dishes and some days at there was bored and some days was fast
Pros
i got free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Resident Assistant/Staff Assistant
Resident/Staff Assistant, Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 3, 2013
I was a resident assistant for the first year and then promoted to a staff assistant for the next two years. My responsibility included being over an average of 75 students and being their point of contact for whatever they needed. I also made rounds of the buildings and enforced the school policies and laws. The hardest part of my job was not making a difference in all the students lives and seeing some leave ODU. The best part of the job was making a connection with some of the students and making a difference in their life.
Pros
Working with a wide variety of individuals on a daily basis.
Cons
Not having enough time in the day to help everyone.