Ohio Dominican University Employee Reviews

Ohio Dominican Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 11, 2015
Every day was different as an Intern. As an intern at Ohio Dominican I had the opportunity to meet many new people and have connections for my future, which was awesome!
Great University, great mission.
Student (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioOctober 8, 2015
Great University with a great mission. They do a lot for marginalized populations and offer a lot of aid to their students. They make it hard to fail.
Pros
Everything, great location for a college student. Everything is close.
Cons
Some crime in near by towns.
Fun place to work with sports teams
Game Day Staff (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioApril 12, 2015
I have many different resposiblities depending on the sport event that is taken place. I have been a scorekeeper, clock manager, usher and security if need be.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
Varied hours
A pleasant place to work with good pay and benefits.
Assistant Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 23, 2015
It is a pleasant place to work with good benefits. Upper management felt fairly distant, but rarely interfered in what was needed to accomplish departmental level goals. There was a great deal of turn over above me in my final 5 years there which made it difficult for me to get a feel for the direction that the university and my department was heading. Personally I found that difficult, but its an above average place to work with a number of great people that it calls employees.
Pros
full benefits, education benefits, sense of community
Cons
continuous leadership changes, quirky due to size and industry
Ohio Dominican University
Purchasing Assist./Acc receivable. (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 9, 2015
My time with Ohio Dominican University , Columbus, Ohio has been rewarding. I have gained additional experience in buying for the University, accounts payable and accounts receivable. The people employed at ODU are unique in every way. A wonderful staff to work with.

My reason for leaving is the driving distance. I would like to secure a position in Richland County, Ohio where I live.
ugh....
security (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhSeptember 14, 2014
It is a fun place to work, but the extremely low pay rate and the serious incompentance of a member of upper management make this security outfit a joke with a badge. Expect bs emails that make no sense, can't get a straight answer and be micro managed by someone that can't spell manager. But, that's what you get when your upper management doesn't have a college degree and he has a checkered background......

Avoid working in security here at all costs.
Pros
easy job
Cons
a few bad apples at the top part of the tree.
Producive and fun work enviornment
Security Assistant/Guard (Former Employee) –  COSeptember 8, 2014
A typical day working this postion consist of doing perimeter checks, bag checks, and saftey checks. I learned to be diligent in my work as a result of being employed by this company. Management and co-workers were all excellent to work with and for.
Pros
work experience
Cons
n/a
Good managers
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 27, 2014
There was a lot of flexibility with my schedule. I ran track and cross country, so i could schedule work when I had time too. There was a chance to make all of my work study money
Fun place to work. Bad boses to work for
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Colunbus ohMay 9, 2014
I loved that job. Learned more about my role as a secuity officer on a college campus then any other previous job. My imeadte supervisors however are a diferant matter. Any small thing you do wrong is magnified 1000x. Wanted to become shift supervisior. My former supervisor laughed at me. Lost my job becuase of small stuff that that they blew completely out of purportion. But still loved that job
Pros
good job, good staff, good environment
Cons
the bosses, the holier than thou attitudes
Fun place to work
Event Planning Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 9, 2014
• Typical day: Event planning and execution
• What I learned: learning a process of everything that goes into an event beyond stats
• Management: fun upbeat and energetic
• Coworkers: ranged in ages from 18-22
• Hardest part of the job: events that weren't up to par
• Most enjoyable part of the job: successful events
fun work force
i was a kitchen worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 9, 2013
it was good working at Ohio Dominican university i learn about cleaning dishes and some days at there was bored and some days was fast
Pros
i got free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Resident Assistant/Staff Assistant
Resident/Staff Assistant, Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 3, 2013
I was a resident assistant for the first year and then promoted to a staff assistant for the next two years. My responsibility included being over an average of 75 students and being their point of contact for whatever they needed. I also made rounds of the buildings and enforced the school policies and laws. The hardest part of my job was not making a difference in all the students lives and seeing some leave ODU. The best part of the job was making a connection with some of the students and making a difference in their life.
Pros
working with a wide variety of individuals on a daily basis.
Cons
not having enough time in the day to help everyone.
Making Dreams Reality
Advisor of RadiODU (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 3, 2013
A typical day at Ohio Dominican University is centered around building and fostering relationships with prospective students. We are given a front row center to a child's college journey. He guide them in what is their biggest decision to this point in their lives. It is truly an amazing experience.
Terrible place to work. Constant change in personnel. Start down one road and new staff hired; end that route and start another.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 23, 2013
Terrible administration. Politics does the ruling. Administration is not honest and does not respect the university's motto--"To contemplate the truth and share with others the fruits of this contemplation." Only permitted if you agree with what the higher administration believes. Administration is one thing to your face and something else behind your back.
Pros
nice faculty
Cons
management and non-professionalism
Great School, First Prof Job
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 23, 2013
I was only an adjunct professor, but any time I needed help, it was always readily available, and I always had the backing of the administration.
Pros
excellent admin, excellent mentors
Cons
a lot of hours
Unsure what was going on here.
Response Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 14, 2012
The job was not a difficult one, it was a small campus and most of the students were well mannered. The staff was friendly and helpful, the only down-side were those in-charge of the security department. They were immature and poorly trained. They didn't have a clue as to what a security officer could or couldn't do legally in the state of Ohio, and good officers were fired when they wouldn't comply with the security management's outrageous demands. I left without notice. One of the worst jobs.
Pros
the jobs duties were easy and the campus was park-like
Cons
security department management