Ohio Health Employee Reviews in United States

Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Pickerington, OHJuly 12, 2016
Pros
OhioHealth offers some decent benefits. The tuition reimbursement program is excellent and they have affiliations with a number of colleges in Ohio so that you can select from the list. They do small, considerate things for their part time and full time employees such as purchasing brand name tennis shoes for them, awarding them bonus packages in the fall, offering concierge services, providing discounts to use for other companies, giving a guaranteed raise annually, awarding an anniversary bonus, PTO which they coin "TAP", FMLA benefits, disability, life insurance, 403 retirement, etc.
A great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 29, 2016
Steady work environment a good place to work. Great co-workers and always willing to assist and work as a team and awesome physicians to work with.
Pros
College Reimbursement, Benefits
Great Job
PCA (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJune 21, 2016
Really great nurses work here. Its a very secure job with decent pay. Stable job with great hours, especially if you enjoy working 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Short Staffed
fun and entertaining
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 8, 2016
This was a great job to have, easy and made great money but it is draining physically. It is not something that I could have done for much longer.
Pros
free drinks, great money
Cons
terrible hours and terrible management
I love working with the patients
Patient Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 7, 2016
It is a good environment for a person to get experience in the medical field and they help with school and work with school schedules
Patient centered service
Provider Support (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHApril 26, 2016
Professional and a great place to work. Ohio Health contributions to the community by providing superior health technology and patient centered service. They also offer many fun activities for family involvement.
Pros
employee recognition
Cons
limited parking
great place to work. enjoyed my time working with Ohio Health.
Primary Care Staff LPN (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHMarch 10, 2016
worked in a clinic area.Seven doctors and a treatment room. Roomed patients and completed EMR records. Transferred to EPIC record keeping. All staff was very helpful. friendly place to work.Time management was a must. The patients made my job enjoyable.
Pros
free lunches
Fast Paced Hard working
Operator/Security (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2016
this job taught me how to work well with a team and handle emergency situations with perfecting errors. we typically have smooth days but on days the system isn't working our jobs that are for only one person becomes a team effort.
Manager is unsupportive
Staff accountant and financial (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 10, 2016
My manger is hard to deal with or tolerate. Started on November , I have no sufficient training , working more than 12 hours a day to get my job done , bad computer and my manager is expecting me to finish my work and meet the dead line.
High Energy and High Volume of Patients
clinical medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 30, 2015
100 to 150 patients per day, very Fast paced environment clinical procedures such as HCG's, urinalysis, physical examinations for school and work, glucose monitoring, pap exams, explanation of procedures and medicatons, approvals for home healthcare and a vast amount of other testing and procedures. I learned how to function in a high volume environment recieve and discharge patients with instructions per doctors orders. I learned how to get prior authorizations for several different insurance carriers, how to identify many different medications and over all how a medical office is operated. The hardest part of the job was keeping on top of the many different areas of the clinical department. I enjoyed helping so many people during the day and seeing a smile on their face when they left my care.
Pros
free lunch everyday, christmas bonus, two week vacation every year, raise every year
Cons
no health insurance provided
Love this place
PHLEBO (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 19, 2015
I absolutely love this company. I currently work in a 2 physician office of OBGYN and I only draw blood.

They have me in an office 1.5 hours away from my home and have asked to move closer to my home but have not been able to do so.
caring cutting edge company that embrace and fullfill the "together WE are"motto
Radiologic Technologist Sports Medicine (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 4, 2015
Ohio Health is an excellent place to work. They care about their employees, The benefits are excellent and the work environment is
professional. The patient care is a key priority. I have loved working here but would like to retire before 65.
Pros
benefits, free parking, great management
Cons
location- my family is an hour away
An awesome place to work!
Physician Support (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2015
Not only are they local but they always accommodate you as much as possible. I enjoy working with them and I look forward to working with them again soon.
Horrible company to work for
grill cook also worked as a cashier, prep cook (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OhioOctober 6, 2015
They do not go by H.R. policies. They allow "management discretion" and allows for favoritism. I know many people from many different departments and the management was horrible there too. It wasn't limited to my department. They seem to care all about money and not to make people better. Every patient is a number not a name. I have seen many things against OSHA, JCAHO and The Health Department standards. Also, they do not always follow HIPAA law!
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
After years of growth and change, there is a need to get back to the basics and not forget what the real purpose of a healthcare system is.
Data Analyst EMPI Team (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 2, 2015
Associates are very dedicated and care about the patients' needs.

Management at the VP level and above do an excellent job in positioning Ohio Health to continue to grow and prosper.
Pros
Patient care is paramount, the culture is positive, we are able to leave the job when we walk out the door, compensation is competitive.
Cons
The organization is way too top heavy, the HR department needs a complete overhaul.
Good work life
Porter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioAugust 27, 2015
Ohio Health is a very good employer. They work hard to make all employees to feel like a part of the team. Best part of the job is working with my team mates. We work hard and enjoy each others company.
Voted as best Fortune 500 company to work for for several years in a row.
ER Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 21, 2015
Excellent company to work for. I have been employed with the company for ten years first as a social worker, then as a registered nurse. I am looking for a change of pace.
patients was great
Environmentalist (Former Employee) –  Marion OhioJuly 8, 2015
best part about this job was working with the patients, i didnt get paid for the hours that i worked before i had an emergency and was admitted into the hospital
it is a nice job not only for making money, but for the good interaction of various people
housekeeper at polaris mall (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioJuly 3, 2015
making fun is very vital especially among co workers, making jokes laugh is very good, it makes one to feel free in his her place of work a typical of is when I have a lot of visitors in the patient rooms. I learned a sense of responsibility, and good management of the environment. positive relationship among my oo workers, the hardest part of the job is the last minutes to clock out. the initial part of the job and the middle part of the job is the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
malice, conflict, disagreement are not good
Cons
positive interaction brings about an atmosphere of peace
Challenging
EMPI DATA ANALYST OHIO HEALTH (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 2, 2015
I actually love my job. Where I am having some issues is not being appreciated and valued by upper management. The team I work with tends to be treated like children verses critical thinking, very capable adults. I would like to work for a leader not a boss.