Ohio Health Employee Reviews

Great Company overall
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Community MedicineJune 14, 2017
Management picks and chooses what is important to them and not
overall as a group. Clicky and supervisors chose to be neutral.
Management has friends within that cover for them whenever the
need arises. Management should take classes in regards to
keeping moral at a good pace and can problem solve as with
anything in the there position.
Pros
Great place to work overall
Cons
Management not consistant
Ohio Health
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 5, 2017
Greeting patients and collecting necessary papers to process labs. Collection by both venipuncture and capillary puncture, specimen labeling, specimen processing
I really enjoy working!!
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 24, 2017
I love the challenge of the day weather working with patients, co-workers or our surgeons. I love knowing, I have everything I need to to my job or problem solving and make daily goals to be proficient. I have excellent evaluations every year and am proud of the accomplishments I have made over the years.
Pros
Pride knowing you take part in a persons life when they are the most vulnerable.
Cons
Having to tell a patients family that they are doing everything they can.
Fast-paced but very educational work place.
Patient Support Assistant/Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 9, 2017
This environment was a very fast-paced yet very learning friendly work environment. I couldn't have asked for a friendlier work environment in which every single person was valued for their role in the team. Everyone was equally of importance in their role in getting the patients treated and cared for.
Great work life balance
Surgical Value Analysis Manager (Current Employee) –  Supply ChainMay 8, 2017
Worked for several years on long projects that were interesting and fulfilling. The hardest part of the job was navigating the changing culture of the workplace.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Required hours of work
Indexed records
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMay 8, 2017
Job position was elimanated, so i was disappointed that they choose a new program that would make us loose our jobs. The people i worked with and my manager was really nice and helpfull.
A reliable place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 7, 2017
I would rate Ohio Health as a very reliable place to work. They provide education to aide with opportunities to grow within the organization.

The hardest part of my job is learning the diversity of the culture that are growing within the organization.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity of growth.
every employee needs better training and should get paid to for their quality training
Host (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2017
My typical day at work seeing different people almost every day, they have a high turn over rate because there is a lack of consistency. I learned that the management will have the greatest impact on the culture of the workplace.
Flexible
Safety Aide (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2017
I like this job because i am in school and i can create my own schedule. The schedules are made weekly so that helps if anything come up. I do enjoy meeting new people when i come to work and i can make all the difference.
Pros
The demand from work does not interfere with personal life.
Cons
may not get a break, no benefits, having to stay in a room with a patient is being violent and wait for help
Excellent
Registration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 20, 2017
This is a company itself stands behind each employee. Some management staff members on the other hand at times could be a little abrupt but over all company is great.
Large Metropolitan Hospital
Community and Church Partnerships Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 17, 2017
The area I enjoyed most was the various flu shot and biometric events in which I participated. It gives an opportunity to enlighten patients regarding flu vaccine and the aspects of the biometric screening.
Pros
Being able to enlighten patients about Flu vaccine.
Cons
Need to puncture finger for tests.
none (Former Employee) –  Ohio City, OHMarch 12, 2017
Wonderful place to work, great people and patients. Ohio Health cares about their employees and their patients. I have enjoyed working with this organization.
The best job I have ever had
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 26, 2017
Staff members and management excelled! I loved going to work, but unfortunately got too busy to pick up PRN hours there with school, so I had to leave. Management was always helpful and accomodated my other work and school schedule.
Workplace fun friendly productive open communication diverse intensives
Medical Records Associate OPG EMR (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2017
Prioritize daily workflow response to emails report to my manager morning hubs summary to inform daily workflow assignments or any issues that needs to be resolve.

Being a team leader can be challenging working with a diverse group of people. Seeing an associate lacking in productivity working with them helping get their productivity.

I love my job enjoyed very proactive in my company learn everything that I can to succeed professionally and personally. I am very appreciative all the opportunities was giving past few years have grown professionally and personally.
Hard Working
Athlete Trainer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 10, 2017
On a daily basis I would work with Athletes to help with their sports injuries and assist them to return to a full level of play. I was the person the athletes came to to discuss their athletic injuries and to confide in when they had issues outside athletics. My daily activities started prior to the athletes arriving and ended after the athletes left. I made sure they had a safe environment to compete.
A disney experience
High dollar patient accounts representative (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 1, 2017
busy days with number of accounts needing to be resolve.
be a liaison for ohio health when contacting the many medical payers.
Do the work of two people for the price of one
Home Medical (Former Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHJanuary 16, 2017
Overworked is an understatement, especially if you are a tech driver for the Home Medical Equipment part of the company. We have been short handed for months and still nobody to backfill the people who have quit.
Pros
You can't get fired from here they are so desperate
Cons
Management, pay, hours, benefits.........the list is endless
Patient care and patient safety is a priority
Mammographer / CT Technologist / Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHNovember 29, 2016
It;s been a long time. I don't have negative comments regarding Ohio Health. They were a good employer. I left due to work life balance. Ohio Health offers a competitive pay.
Interesting Experience
SCHEDULING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 26, 2016
Fantastic atmosphere, Great flexibility, Amazing Co- Workers, Personal Patient interaction, Associate celebrations almost once a month all year round,
Fast paced, productive workplace.
Triage RN/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 26, 2016
Motivated me to obtain my BSN to enhance my nursing profession. Time flew by at work and enjoyed my co-workers. I learn something new everyday and have learned how to embrace change as a positive.
Pros
work week Monday-Friday, day shift.
Cons
no or shortened lunch breaks