The Ohio Historical Society (OHS) has an opening for an Advisor reporting directly to the Executive Director/CEO. The successful incumbent will provide advice on the organization’s strategic positioning which enables it to effectively and efficiently fulfill its responsibility to foster a climate where Ohio History can flourish. This includes specific, strategic emphases on interactions with all levels of government; identifying and cultivating individuals, businesses, and foundations that are highly supportive of Ohio History; and communicating a consistent, resonant message on behalf of Ohio History.
- Bachelor’s degree. Graduate degree preferred.
- 10 years of relevant professional experience in one or more positions requiring and exhibiting the above mentioned attributes and skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience regarding the interface between a non-profit organization and government bodies, agencies and officials.
- Thorough, personal knowledge of individuals of influence and affluence throughout Ohio.
- Experience developing and implementing a strategic, statewide communications plan.
OHS offers an excellent salary and benefits package as well as OPERS retirement coverage. Interested candidates must provide a cover letter, including salary history and expectations, and resume. OHS is a drug-free workplace. EOE.