Ohio Living Llanfair Employee Reviews

Management or the lack there of
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 14, 2017
This place has the potential to be great. However, it is not. There is a huge lack of concern or care when it comes to management. There is never enough staff to provide the residents with the proper care. Which is leading to a large amount of pressure sores, skin tears, infection, and deaths.

Since I started everyone who was in management and administrative roles have quit including the human resources dept. There have been four schedulers in less then a year. Some days no management in the building. Nurses working with 40 or more residents and 1 to 2 stna. The DON never intends to help she wears heels daily. When she shows up. All around bad place to work. Or to send your family.
Pros
Co workers are fairly nice
Cons
Over worked, under paid, under appreciated
An excellent place to work
prev employee (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 26, 2017
An incredible environment with nurses that believe in each other and their skill set. A strong team approach. The company allows great benefits and insists on great patient care. Nursing supports the needs of the nurses and care about individuals.
Pros
Great team and hard working professional atmosphere
Cons
need for more staff
Official response from Ohio Living Llanfair
March 14, 2017

First, thank you for your service with Ohio Living! It's with people like you that we are able to realize our mission every day. And we also thank you for your review and honest feedback!

Our industry and healthcare as a whole has seen many challenges with finding and retaining talented and qualified staff. We are continuously looking for the best caregivers and staff to join our team.

We wish you the very best in your future career endeavors!

CDL Driver
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 8, 2016
The work is very easy but the management is very unorganized. Management does not communicate with transportation which under environmental services. The company has a do as I say not as I do mentality.
Pros
The do give you free lunch
Cons
Unorganized
Official response from Ohio Living Llanfair
March 14, 2017

First, thank you for your service with us! And we also thank you for your review and honest feedback!

We are sorry that you were not satisfied with our management team back when you were with us. We work diligently to make ourselves available to staff in a variety of ways both locally and at the corporate level in order to listen to and address concerns, issues, and questions that may arise while employed.

We still offer free lunch to this day and will continue offering it to our employees because we know how important it is to them.

We wish you the very best in your future career endeavors!

It was a loving environment.
Culinary Server (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 19, 2015
I worked in a great team and learned how working together could get the job done fast. The most enjoyable part about the job was seeing all of the resident's happy faces.
Pros
free food
Cons
short hours
RN Charge Nurse/ Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Overall it is a great place to work and even a better place to be a patient. They truly believe in their mission and advocate for the patients.
Great benefits and close to home.
Facility Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 5, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping our elderly. A typical day at work is handing out staff assignments as they come in. I manage a preventative maintenance program, process invoices,input data in computer assist director with budget, and capital.
Terrible place to work
STNA (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiMay 11, 2013
The staff is overworked and underpaid. Very high turnover rate. The residents accuse the aides of all kinds of things. Management threatens the staff with termination over everything. Weeks pass before anything is done about a resident with a UTI or injury and the aides suffer under the added strain. Lots of wanderers but not in the lockdown unit.
Pros
some of the residents are sweet
Cons
no meals, old building falling apart, too many managers, low pay, buy your own scrubs, no breaks, short staffed, high resident to staff ratio, staff always threatened with termination, promise a lot and deliver nothing
Everyone is unhappy and overworked and underpaid
Nurse (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiNovember 21, 2012
At first everyone was nice. Then people got to stressed. The boss is mean and has never done this work. They are like everybody else they only want to make money.

It was hard to leave because I had some friends and I was there four years. But now I am gone I am happy.

I wish I left a long time ago.
Pros
give you scrubs
Cons
people are not professional
A good place to work good .bendfits
Environmental services Aide (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 28, 2012
everyone always say good morning to u with a smile.
you always leamed something from the Residents knowledge.
management is always there to listening and to respond to any problem you may have. my co-workeers is right there at all times to
help u we work as a team.the hardest part about my job is when a resident.(pass away). when the day is over u know and feel that u gave 100% and they appreciate that. also we have a very good activity department. they also let the employees join in the activity if we wont to and must of the time we do.
Pros
free lunch, free wellness center .free on the job training.
Cons
we have a awesone wellness center. they pay u to keep healthy and to work out.
In the beginning was a creative workplace and fun, the Residents were always great, the staff put together a huge production Christmas variety show.
RN Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 23, 2012
When I accepted the position at Llanfair I was asked to "bring them into the 20th century" which I did. I was only the second DON in their history. So was difficult at first with new ideas. But persevered and encouraged dialogue, we worked hard but also had fun. I too worked the floor in a pinch, something no one expected, so was good. Then the Executive Director that hired me stepped down and a new one took his place, no one could work with her,was very stressful. I enjoyed working for such a large supportive corporate company. There was always a resource person available. I learned to be very self reliant, that I can do anything that is asked of me. I worked with very talented nurses, some are still there and I see them when I am in the facility to admit to the program I now work with, hospice.
Pros
free lunches, very suportive, creative work environment in the beginning. we had our own stna training program, great nursing and ancillary staff.
Cons
new executive director that was a tyrant and eliminated many staff in her regime, i volunteered to resign as i knew she wanted a new director of nursing, was a very unpleasant experience.
Assist residents
State Tested Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 6, 2012
Help residents get dressed in the morning; also make sure that the residents are turned every q 2hrs as needed and also help with bathing the residents and making sure that beds are made and that residents ted holes are put on and also make sure that there incontinent paid are changed every 2 hours as needed.
Pros
free lunch
Internal fighting/high turnover
cna (Former Employee) –  cincinnatiSeptember 24, 2012
Great mission but they can't seem to get along with each other. Ironically, they care more about the old timers who work there than their patients.
Pros
if you are well liked by one or two people you will be fine.
Cons
bad benefits and low pay
Very confused leadership
Nurse (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiSeptember 15, 2012
Management is very harsh and will punish staff who say what they think. Every leadership position has been replaced in the past two years. Pay is sub standard.

Check references on this company before working here.
Pros
lots of corporate money
Cons
does not value employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ohio Living Llanfair. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8