Ohio Living Park Vista Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Just was not a good fit for me
State Tested Nurses Aide (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJanuary 5, 2018
Just didn't fit in. I just did not like some stuff i heard and seen there and i just felt like personally I didn't fit in. The hardest part of my job there was getting people to work as a team with me
Resign Or Get Fired
STNA (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHAugust 17, 2017
I worked for parkvista for 8 yrs form 2007-2015 I work on nursing 2 I loved my coworkers they were and still is like family to me, I loved my residence and even some of the family members, But management is another story I basically had no choice but to resign from my position after being threaten to get fired all because I couldn't get in contact with the nurse that treated me at the emergency room when I had to leave work early because of pink eye, I spent three days off of work due to pink eye and on the third day I called whoever was on call that and told her both my eyes were still pink and if I came into work would they send me home, she said more than likely I would be so I called off that day to the day I came back to work I was called to the office and told that the extra day I took off would count against me and i would probably be fired after explaining everything to them they told me that I had until the end of my sift which was less then two hours away to get in contact with the doctor that treated me at the hospital confirming that extra day I took off, I spent the rest of my sift calling the hospital crying asking for the doctor that treated me in the ER only to find out she was on vacation and did not know when she was coming back. At the end of my shift I let management know what happened and they told be there was a good chance I would be fired for it but they wouldn't know until the administrator came back form vacation that week then on top of that as they was telling me this the scheduler comes in and tells me I'm mandated needless to say I did not stay  more... for the mandate because I was not working and extra shift if they just plan on firing me ,so I resign because I didn't want a termination on my work record I had to leave a pass where I started as a kid and left as a adult not just in age but in maturity and a good work ethic I miss my floor dearly and never did I think parkvista would hurt me like that, it's been almost two years sense I've resigned and I've put in a couple of applications to try to get back in but I still get denied and I wasn't even fired  less
Pros
Coworkers, residents, pay
Cons
Management, Mandates, To much agency staff
September 8, 2017

First, thank you for your service with Ohio Living. We also thank you for your review and honest feedback.

A one-time or multiple incidents of pink eye would never render a move on management’s part to ask someone to leave our organization. We work flexibly with staff scheduling, preferences, illnesses, and leaves. However, excessive absenteeism over a multi-year period requires management intervention so we may best serve our residents and patients.

We are sorry that you were not satisfied with the leadership style of our management team and your tenure with us did not end as you were hoping. Again, thank you for your feedback. We wish you the very best in your future career endeavors.

Good Place to work
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 13, 2017
Park Vista is a good place to work, however I believe that the Activities Dept. needs to be paid more money. Activities Dept. is probably one of the best departments. to work in. The director Denise is amazing to for under.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Pay
August 24, 2017

It is very important to us that we are providing our employees with competitive pay. We are continuously researching pay data in our industry and in the region and find that we are very competitive in the marketplace.

Thanks again! And all the best in your career endeavors!

Rewarding Job!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 6, 2017
Park Vista is a great place to work with a nice work culture - and it is a faith-based company! It was very rewarding working with the elderly and my co-workers. The benefits were great and we got free meals - you can't beat that!
Pros
Free meals, gre
August 24, 2017

First, thank you for your service with Ohio Living! It's with people like you that we are able to realize our mission every day. And we also thank you for your review and honest feedback. All the best in your career endeavors!

horrible
STNA (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 25, 2016
This is the worst place ive ever set foot in. Management are childish and talk about staff like bullies in high school. They mandate at the most unlawful (it seems) times. You can be scheduled an 8 hour shift and held at the time clock to wait up untill an extra hour (which happens most days) and then get mandated the next shift and told if u dont stay that you are fired. They have several agencies rotating through the door as their attempt to stay staffed leaving the patients with inconsistancy and alot of the time neglect due to agency not caring about their job because they are not park vista employees. Most other staff is loud and unprofessional, Often yelling at patients as if they are children. State is constantly being called in on complaints and family members are often distressed and uneasy about the poor care their loved one is recieving. Ive seen several fights occur among staff in common areas around patients and no one bats an eye as if this is a normal occurence. One fight was physical and cops had to enter the building. If you care at all about the integrity of your work or job safty or wish to continue your career in the nursing field i would NOT apply at park vista!
Pros
Cons
Staff attitudes and lack of work ethic
March 14, 2017

First, thank you for your service with Ohio Living Park Vista! And we also thank you for your review and honest feedback!

It is our focus to lead our team to deliver superior quality care, compassion, and safety to our residents and patients. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with the leadership style of our management team. We work diligently to make ourselves available to staff in a variety of ways both locally and at the corporate level in real-time in order to listen to and address concerns, issues, and questions that may arise while employed.

Again, thank you for your candid feedback. As you may have found, we offer all departed employees the opportunity to provide insight on their employment through an exit interview process. I hope you provided this information to us there as well. This information is essential for us we look to expand and improve on the firm foundation that exists at Ohio Living Park Vista.

We wish you the very best in your future career endeavors!

implement effective interventions for maxium indepence levels
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 3, 2014
On the job training. Learned good time management skills to adhere to productivity standards. Good collaboration with supervising therapists.
Good organization
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 9, 2013
Management was not great, no diversity but team work was great. Worked well with all. I enjoyed taking care of patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ohio Living Park Vista. Our community is ready to answer.

Ohio Living Park Vista Reviews by Location