The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Effective performance in this position requires an advanced knowledge of Object Oriented software programming concepts and design.
- An understanding of .Net, C#
- Ability to understand illustration computations.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development using Microsoft tools and technologies.
- Software development experience with C / C++ and/or Delphi Pascal is preferred.
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Current Microsoft certifications a plus (MCPD) : Windows Developer 4 and/or Web Developer 4
- A thorough knowledge of and facility in programming and a general knowledge of life insurance, its products and procedures, is also helpful.
- Performance is measured by the degree to which project deadlines are met, use of appropriate programming methods, reasonableness of results and the creativity of the solutions arrived at for completing projects.
Tracing its corporate origins to 1909, Ohio National today markets a variety of insurance and financial products through more than 50,000 representatives in 47 states (all except Alaska, Hawaii and New York), the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and through subsidiary operations in Santiago, Chile. Products are issued by The Ohio National Life Insurance Company and Ohio National Life Assurance Corporation. Named Cincinnati's "#1 Top Workplace" (large category) by Enquirer Media (June 2010, 2012 and 2013) and "25 Best Medium-Sized Companies to Work for in America" by the Great Place to Work Institute (June 2004), Ohio National has more than 965 associates located in its corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Analyst Programmer/Actuarial Analyst in our Life Product Development Department. This position will work as part of our illustration development team on defined systems problems. Duties include: to perform analytical functions with direction and programming functions independently; to assist in analyzing systems requirements for proposed or revised systems to meet user needs; and to prepare program specifications and documentation, code, test and debug programs. This role will also serve as version control manager for our C# development. This position reports to the Second Vice President, Actuarial Systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. We E-verify.