The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- A professional certification, either CPA, or CIA is required within two years of employment and must be maintained.
- Minimum of two (2) years of audit experience preferably with Insurance / Financial institution experience.
- Ability to understand and apply Company’s internal controls and accounting policies, as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS).
- Knowledgeable in the identification of risks and assess the effectiveness of control activities; including performance by testing of the design and effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Highly motivated, independent worker.
- Good judgment and analytic skills.
- Communicate effectively and maintain a high quality professional attitude.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Internal Auditor in our Audit department. This position will be responsible for performing audit engagements as assigned as well as drafting reports intended for distribution to executive management. The Internal Auditor will be expected to offer continuous improvement opportunities to the Department, particularly in regards to testing methodologies and end products. The Internal Auditor will also identify risks and assess the effectiveness of control activities; including testing of the design and effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President, Audit Services.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. We E-verify.
About Us: Tracing its corporate origins to 1909, Ohio National today markets a variety of insurance and financial products through more than 50,000 representatives in 47 states (all except Alaska, Hawaii and New York), the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and through subsidiary operations in Santiago, Chile. Products are issued by The Ohio National Life Insurance Company and Ohio National Life Assurance Corporation. Named Cincinnati's "#1 Top Workplace" (large category) by Enquirer Media (June 2010, 2012 and 2013) and "25 Best Medium-Sized Companies to Work for in America" by the Great Place to Work Institute (June 2004), Ohio National has more than 965 associates located in its corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio.