Tracing its corporate origins to 1909, Ohio National today markets a variety of insurance and financial products through more than 50,000 representatives in 47 states (all except Alaska, Hawaii and New York), the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and through subsidiary operations in Santiago, Chile. Products are issued by The Ohio National Life Insurance Company and Ohio National Life Assurance Corporation. Named Cincinnati's "#1 Top Workplace" (large category) by Enquirer Media (June 2010, 2012 and 2013) and "25 Best Medium-Sized Companies to Work for in America" by the Great Place to Work Institute (June 2004), Ohio National has more than 965 associates located in its corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio.
We currently have an excellent opportunity in the Underwriting department for a Senior Life Insurance Underwriter. This position is responsible for determining the acceptability of life insurance risks from an underwriting standpoint on individual life and health applications. This person will review challenging cases and make underwriting decisions with a $3 million authority limit. This position reports to the Vice President and Chief Underwriting Officer.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
· College degree and at least five years of life insurance underwriting experience is preferred, as well as extensive knowledge of technical underwriting concepts.
· Industry-related course work towards ALU and/or FLMI/CLU is desired.
· Must have sound technical skills and excellent communication skills to be able to maintain strong relationships with our field force.
· Sound judgment and brokerage experience would be a plus.
· Comprehensive benefits include health, dental, vision, 401K, and profit sharing plan. On site benefits include fitness center, café offering a discount for associates, occupational nurses, and dry cleaning delivery.