Ohio National Financial Services Employee Reviews

Poor management, lack of true knowledge, unhealthy work environment due to favoritism and immature management.
General Securities and Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2017
Poor management, lack of true knowledge, unhealthy work environment due to favoritism and immature management, overall just not a positive work environment on any level and not rewarded monetarily, rewarded with food and or jeans day.
Changing times
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 5, 2017
ONFS was experiencing change in the market place and legislation during my tenure. There are good people there and they will prevail. A strong CIO would have been very helpful for the IT department.
Pros
Experienced employees and leadership that cares
Cons
resistance and slow to change
Too top heavy
Management (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMay 30, 2017
The organization has almost doubled in size in the past few years and there are more officer level positions than employees that can actually can do the work.
Pros
Cafe, gym and cover parking.
Cons
Employee and management disconnect.
Good Company
Sr. New Business Issue Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 12, 2017
Ohio National is a great company to work for. They offer good pay and benefits. They do fun things throughout the year. Lot of overnight for anyone needing extra income.
Pros
yearly bonus
Cons
Some of the managers not really qualified
Great benefits, but high stress
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 14, 2017
Great benefits, and excellent pay.

The culture used to be like family and fun with everyone knowing the seriousness of the business. The culture has changed with the new CEO and now the family is gone with much of the fun. The "fun" is now super structured and predictable.

The stress level is ever-present today, and many associates are afraid to take lunch away from their desks.

The company once groomed employees for advancement, but now much hiring for top jobs is done outside of the company.
Pros
Fitness Center, On-site Nurse, Pay and Benefits
Cons
Stress, Promote from outside company
Closed Shop
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2017
Company wants to use resumes for filing, not hiring. Jobs range from very simply to very technical; there is no middle ground, and company declines to hire people with potential for upward mobility by placing them in the basic functions first. Company does not to promote from within. Hiring managers have too much discretion in who they deign to actually hire and who they will pass on. Their visibility from the highway gives a false impression of their business procedures and practices.
Best work environment in my experience; great team building and appreciation for their employees.
Life & Disability Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 31, 2017
The ability to communicate effectively and excel in product knowledge is key. No two days are alike which makes the role challenging.
Great team work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 30, 2017
Ohio National Financial Services is a very nice place to work. There are many extra "perks" such as free, covered parking, a coffee shop, on-site cafeteria that serves breakfast and lunch, a fitness center with a personal trainer and an onsite medical clinic with three nurses.
Pros
Medical clinic on site, coffee shop, fitness center with full-time personal trainer
Onfs
Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2017
A typical work day is busy.I have learned a lot about the organization's infrastructure. Management for the most part have good ears which allows employees to express their concern. The hardest part about my job is automating manual process. I enjoy automating out-dated technology, I have that "think outside the box".
Great work/life balanace but low pay
Disability Income Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 3, 2016
The quality of life is very dependent upon your department. Pay is average for the industry and hard work is rewarded. If you get identified as a "rising star" you move up rapidly. Otherwise, you are stuck.
It WAS a great company
N/A (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 4, 2016
10 years ago, this company was a pilar in the community and industry with little to no turnover. Currently, the turnover among key employees has been dramatic. Enough said...
Pros
Home office location, fitness center, group of core employees who still care about the company
Cons
Senior management, spending way too much money, too many meetings, too many officers and not enough workers
summary
General Securities Operation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 14, 2015
I am writing a twenty word minimum review of working at Ohio National. This is a twenty word minimum review.
The job culture was great. Management was horrid, no one know what was happening, managers played favorites.
you were your own boss
Regional VP (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 10, 2015
the greatest part of my job was that their was no limit on how much you could make each year. It was truly your business to run.
Pros
your time was your own
Cons
very little vacation time
Great Place to Work
Project Office- Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 11, 2015
I have been working here for a little over a month as an intern. This is definitely a company with a lot of ambition and it is growing at a great rate.
Pros
Good team enviroment
Cons
Too many meetings, no time to do work
Rewarding company for the employees
Payment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2015
I would start work around 8:30 and then start processing my work. My quit time was 5 but I never got out on time. Usually was there an hour later. The job was rewarding but over the last two years has been very demanding. The most enjoyable part of my job was the co workers.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches
Cons
Very demanding over the last couple of years
Productive and very friendly work environment
DMC, Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 3, 2014
I learned how to code certain documents. Key detailed information into the system. Received mail and distributed it into the areas of my department. The hardest part of my job was learning all the different documents to code them to be scanned into the system. My co-workers were very sociable and friendly.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
shortage of parking space
reliable , ethically sound company
Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 6, 2014
its not about the sell its about what's right for the client. typical day at the office is just making sure the client acquires what they need without over extending themselves
Excellent company that supports the growth of it's employees.
Director, Individual Annuity Client Services (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 5, 2013
Assisted the Supervisors and Managers on my team to ensure they had the tools necessary to motivate our CSRs. Attended meetings to enhance the customer experience with respect to our website and the correspondence that a client would receive.
Pros
Room for advancement
Great starting company
Internal Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 27, 2013
Advanced sales conversations with agents
CLU
LOMA
Nice coworkers
Very big brother monitoring/micro managing philosophy
Highly political
Meeting new people
Pros
Fitness center on site
Cons
office politics
Call Center had a great group of people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 7, 2013
Answered heavy volume of incoming calls. Supervisors were rude and unprofessional.
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
supervisors were unprofessional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ohio National Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9