Ohio Northern University Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHMay 9, 2016
Management is really great and willing to help. Able to work on homework while working which is a big plus! I worked there for a few semesters and the benefits were cool.
Demonstrate high level of organization by fulfilling my 3 roles here at Ohio Northern.
Asst Prof HPSS, Head Tennis Coach, Asst. Football (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHApril 25, 2016
I enjoy working with the college level students and within the administrative guidelines of the NCAA and conference rules in higher education. I also enjoy that my position is multi-faceted, working to enhance the student-athlete's college experience in athletics, the Human Performance and Sport Sciences curriculum, and in Recreation.
Fun work place
Alumni Database Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHFebruary 28, 2016
Working with ONU was a very fun and rewarding position. Everyone worked well together and management was always supportive.
Excellent Place to Work
ADMINISTRATIVE SYSTEMS ANALYST/PROGRAMMER (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHFebruary 13, 2016
This institution is small but is very good at teacher the students how to learn and become professional. The best part of my job are the people that I worked with on a daily basis.
Benefits
Cons
Deceasing Budgets
Work
Office Assistant Mechanical Engineering Dept. (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHDecember 19, 2015
Sometimes my help is unnecessary. As a student I do not have time to waste going into work and finding there is no work for me.
Enjoyed the small town feel where you knew everyone.
Office Administrator / Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHSeptember 4, 2015
Working at a private University allowed you to interact with professors and students on a daily basis. Although I worked holiday's and weekends, I was on one steady shift.
Pros
Working with professors and students alike in one setting.
Cons
Not much room for advancement.
Ability to attend conferences
Director of the ESL (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHJune 20, 2015
I go in the morning to teach ESL and Arabic classes. I also supervise ESL faculty members for the prison management certificate program. I report to the director of the program and the modern languages department chair.
Pros
Help with conference expenses
Cons
The Univ. is in a small town
Fantastic university for becoming a theatre professional
Work Study Key member (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHJanuary 25, 2015
Ohio Northern has shaped me to become an effective theatrical technician in any capacity, even outside my normal areas of interest. The exposure to theatre professionals and training to become a versatile technician will serve me well in my future career
Excellent work environment
Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHJanuary 10, 2015
I agreed to fill a position for one year as a favor to a friend and ended up enjoying the job and the people with whom I worked. I gained a life long friend in the process and learned to deal with students and the stress of job hunting.
Pros
dedicated faculty and staff.
People are its best asset.
Athletics (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHNovember 16, 2014
Highly political with ancient policies and practices. Externally the appear to embrace modern business practices, comforts and technology but administratively this place is a nightmare. The culture is almost incautious as they prefer to hire former grads that romanticize the ideals the University lived by when they were students there.
Top rated pharmacy school
Advanced Pharmacy Practice Rotations (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHApril 24, 2014
Everything about ONU is amazing but still very challenging curriculum
Pros
beautiful campus, well-respected
Cons
extremely expensive, in the middle of nowhere
Lab Protocol Experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHApril 23, 2014
Worked in a small lab group to successfully create a CaSK protein knock out drosophila. Learned the typical lab protocol such as western blots, standard curves, fly dissections, etc. Was responsible for weekly lab journals and meeting updates.
I enjoy my job
Freed Center Interim Director (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHFebruary 14, 2014
I just wish there was more cultural things to participate in.
Typical Day
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHJanuary 23, 2014
As a caterer, you work long hours, mostly doubles in a 2-3 day period. Hours depend on the number of events that are placed with the month. Teamwork is a must when working with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the day was meeting new people who were polite and recognized the hard work placed in an event.
General Manager of Emp. Dining, Exec. Dining and 2 off campus retail accounts
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHJanuary 17, 2014
My day began opening up the University Dining Hall, and help Chef get Breakfast out. From there would be Banking deposits from retail accounts. Ordering, Inventory meetings etc. Then on to Employee Dining room help teams pep talks, set up any caterings or lunches in Executive dining room. This is show time and can be the hardest part of the day if I let it. Afternoon. I spend at my 2 retail accounts again doing inventory, odering, stocking, give breaks etc. Oh, and Dinner in Employee Dining Room is almost ready to open. I rush back , do a visual, walk the line, check temps, sample, and help team serve
Pros
always on a mission-very pro active!
Cons
rough union house
Room for growth
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHDecember 18, 2013
I enjoy being a part of this community. This position has prepared me for the next level, in higher ed or management, depending on my next venture.
Educational Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ada, OhioAugust 3, 2013
I create promotional materials, advertisements, page layouts schedules, posters, banners physical and web, interact with print shop orders, pick ups, Job submissions. Image selection and inter department relations, in Non-profit University setting.
Pros
fast paced and educational
Cons
not full time and low intern pay scale
Wonderful co-workers
Switchboard / Security Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHJune 18, 2013
Enjoyed the folks that I worked with, very friendly and supportive.
Pros
beautiful work enviornment, kind considerate staff.
Cons
limited opportunity for advancement.
review
Assistant Men's Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHJanuary 31, 2013
wonderful university to work for
fond memories
appreciate the opportunity provided me.
Loved working for ONU
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHOctober 2, 2012
Great environment and I enjoyed marketing the school I was attending.

4.3