Ohio Northern University Employee Reviews

Ohio Northern University - Not Recommended
Assistant Softball Coach (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHJuly 25, 2017
I learned that if you just fell in line, didn't ask questions, and just did what everyone else did you aren't questioned about your job duties. I also learned that being a woman in the Ohio Northern University athletic department was extremely difficult. There was a different set of standards and expectations for men coaches and women coaches. I wouldn't recommended working at this school or in this department for a female coach, especially a mother.
Pros
Working with the Student-Athletes
Cons
Workplace environment and managerial tactics
Small Private University
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHJune 13, 2017
it is a university that is private, Manufacturing Technology is placed under the school of liberal arts and sciences. The university has a pharmaceutical program and a law degree program
Pros
set your own hours
Cons
Not much help from fellow instructors on non technical question-Go fish
The University is like a family community.
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHJune 5, 2017
I truly enjoy working at ONU. Management, Faculty and other Staff members are like my family. The hardest part of my job is that there is no end. It is a continuing cycle of work that never seems to come to a final product.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Salary is low compared to the corporate world
Great Place to Work
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHMay 8, 2017
Standard work days with the occasional weekend, with a guaranteed lunch. As long as you complete your work, no one says anything. At the same time, hard work is not recognized.

A huge plus is the support and understanding from management and supervisors!
-Kid gets sick...."I hope s/he feels better" (Leave to be with kid)
-Need to leave early...."If you're work is done, get out of here"
-Pushing through a sick day...."Go home and get some rest"

I wouldn't trade my experience at ONU for anything!
Beautiful campus, friendly
Staff (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHMay 1, 2017
A great place to work, and to be a student! The campus facilities are gorgeous, you can tell that money is abundant here. It's not just a facade, either. The staff are professionals and extremely good at what they do.
Pros
beautiful campus; fair compensation
Cons
location is a bit remote
Wonderful place to work !!!!!
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHMarch 17, 2017
I absolutely LOVED working for ONU !!! Great co-workers, a beautiful, well-kept Campus, and lots of nice "fringe benefits". I was so sorry to have had to leave ONU !!!!!
Pros
Just a truly great placeto work !!!
Cons
Nothing at all..... very positive place !!!!
Fair work place
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHMay 12, 2016
Great balance of work. Fair compensation for work. Very flexible hours. I do not work every day, only when needed. Very good management.
Fun place to work
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHMay 9, 2016
Management is really great and willing to help. Able to work on homework while working which is a big plus! I worked there for a few semesters and the benefits were cool.
Demonstrate high level of organization by fulfilling my 3 roles here at Ohio Northern.
Asst Prof HPSS, Head Tennis Coach, Asst. Football (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHApril 25, 2016
I enjoy working with the college level students and within the administrative guidelines of the NCAA and conference rules in higher education. I also enjoy that my position is multi-faceted, working to enhance the student-athlete's college experience in athletics, the Human Performance and Sport Sciences curriculum, and in Recreation.
Fun work place
Alumni Database Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHFebruary 28, 2016
Working with ONU was a very fun and rewarding position. Everyone worked well together and management was always supportive.
Excellent Place to Work
ADMINISTRATIVE SYSTEMS ANALYST/PROGRAMMER (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHFebruary 13, 2016
This institution is small but is very good at teacher the students how to learn and become professional. The best part of my job are the people that I worked with on a daily basis.
Benefits
Cons
Deceasing Budgets
Instituição bem conceituada na área acadêmica
Aluno Pesquisador (Former Employee) –  Ada Ohio Estados UnidosDecember 29, 2015
Eu participei do programa Ciências sem Fronteiras na Ohio Northern University nos Estados Unidos. Com essa experiência eu aprendi muito mais que um novo idioma, eu convivi com estudantes de todo o mundo, aprendi sobre suas culturas. Eu participei de uma pesquisa acadêmica na na área de biomateriais na Ohio Northern University onde eu realizei ensaios mecânicos de compressão e tração e análise de forças utilizando os softwares SolidWorks e ANSYS. E outra pesquisa acadêmica durante o verão de 2015 na The Catholic University of America no estado de Washington DC na área de biofabricação em microfluidos. Durante meu período na Ohio Northern University eu cursei a disciplina de Elementos Finitos entre outras que me possibilitaram o contato com o softwares ANSYS, SolidWorks e Matlab.
Pros
Laboratórios de última geração
Cons
lentidão na obtenção de resultados
Work
Office Assistant Mechanical Engineering Dept. (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHDecember 19, 2015
Sometimes my help is unnecessary. As a student I do not have time to waste going into work and finding there is no work for me.
Enjoyed the small town feel where you knew everyone.
Office Administrator / Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHSeptember 4, 2015
Working at a private University allowed you to interact with professors and students on a daily basis. Although I worked holiday's and weekends, I was on one steady shift.
Pros
Working with professors and students alike in one setting.
Cons
Not much room for advancement.
Ability to attend conferences
Director of the ESL (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHJune 20, 2015
I go in the morning to teach ESL and Arabic classes. I also supervise ESL faculty members for the prison management certificate program. I report to the director of the program and the modern languages department chair.
Pros
Help with conference expenses
Cons
The Univ. is in a small town
Fantastic university for becoming a theatre professional
Work Study Key member (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHJanuary 25, 2015
Ohio Northern has shaped me to become an effective theatrical technician in any capacity, even outside my normal areas of interest. The exposure to theatre professionals and training to become a versatile technician will serve me well in my future career
Excellent work environment
Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHJanuary 10, 2015
I agreed to fill a position for one year as a favor to a friend and ended up enjoying the job and the people with whom I worked. I gained a life long friend in the process and learned to deal with students and the stress of job hunting.
Pros
Dedicated faculty and staff.
Cons
People are its best asset.
Athletics (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHNovember 16, 2014
Highly political with ancient policies and practices. Externally the appear to embrace modern business practices, comforts and technology but administratively this place is a nightmare. The culture is almost incautious as they prefer to hire former grads that romanticize the ideals the University lived by when they were students there.
Top rated pharmacy school
Advanced Pharmacy Practice Rotations (Former Employee) –  Ada, OHApril 24, 2014
Everything about ONU is amazing but still very challenging curriculum
Pros
beautiful campus, well-respected
Cons
extremely expensive, in the middle of nowhere
Lab Protocol Experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ada, OHApril 23, 2014
Worked in a small lab group to successfully create a CaSK protein knock out drosophila. Learned the typical lab protocol such as western blots, standard curves, fly dissections, etc. Was responsible for weekly lab journals and meeting updates.