Ohio Presbyterian Retirement Services

Ohio Presbyterian Retirement Services Employer Reviews

OPRS is a great company with a great mission!
HR (Current Employee), CorporateJuly 17, 2014
Pros: challenging work, leaders, co-workers, ability to provide input
This is a great place to work if you value serving others. Being in HR, I don't directly serve our residents and clients but I do serve our employees so that they are capable of delivering awesome service to them.

We have great leaders that want to do the best for our residents and clients, and for our employees. OPRS is an ever-evolving business that – more... makes continual changes to meet the needs of older adults and its employees to stay competitive.

The opportunities for personal and professional growth are endless at OPRS. I'm glad that my contributions, input, feedback are recognized and appreciated.

When I started I knew OPRS was a faith-based organization, but I didn't really expect them to bring it into the workplace - but they do and I am glad for that.

I really enjoy going to work everyday. I know what I am doing is serving the greater good of older adults across Ohio. – less
Bad place to work
Nirse (Former Employee), columbus, OhioMarch 26, 2014
Pros: staff, elders
Cons: management, work environment
Management is terrible, there are no clear polices and a lot of different rules. Stnas and nurses are overworked, underpaid and unappreciated. Worst nursing home in Columbus.
awful.
STNA (Former Employee), CortlandMarch 5, 2014
Pros: the residents.
Cons: no breaks awful management
This place is horrendous. do not work here. Backstabbing management that will manipulate and use good workers then tsos them to the street. These residents pay outrageous rates to get this poor understaffed care? That is not the "OPRS" mission. I feel sorry for them. You will not get a lunch break. You will be hounded 24/7 and the management is horrible.
Largest non-profit retirement services including housing and continum of care for the elderly
Compensation and Benefits Administrator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 27, 2014
Due to the company reorganization, I am actively seeking employment.

I served as the benefits administrator for the organization, with an emphasis on workers compensation claims management, unemployment, fmla and disability. I also assisted with payroll administration, benefits on-line services liason and many other human resource functions.

The hardest – more... part of the job was technical assistance with reporting.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I made a difference in the employee's well-being and support. – less
No longer mission driven but budget driven
Nursing Managment (Former Employee), Cortland OhioFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: tuition reimb. virgin health miles, free lunch
Cons: human resources from corporate level to facilty level, skyrocketing health insurance premiums
OPRS was once a respectful company and I was more than proud to work there. Over the years key positions at the corporate level has experienced turnover which has resulted in the downfall of all the OPRS communities. The corporate HR department has suffered greatly and poor decisions and hiring at the local levels have resulted in strained untrusting – more... relationships between facilty managers and HR.
While there are some fun and worthwhile incentives like the Virgin Health Miles program and tuition reimbursement and free lunches, this hardly makes up for the daily stress, unfair and improper treatment of loyal employee by the HR dept. and lack of support at corporate level.
The safety and care of the residents has suffered because of this as well. The coworkers were wonderful and work as a team to be successful but their efforts often went unrecognized. While budget issues are everywhere sometimes you need to take a close look at what you have at a corporate level and make cuts there as opposed to the facility level and cutting staff that is taking care of the residents. OPRS has lost focus it's not about the mission or the residents anymore. – less
It's all about money!
Nursing (Former Employee), Willoughby, OhioOctober 8, 2013
Pros: education
Cons: too many to list...
Years ago, FHC was a delight to work for. Then the management became greedy and decided to build a rehab. They built the rehab but had no idea how to run it. Yes, that is their money pot. The pay off, resident's no longer receive the care that they need. Employees in all areas are over worked. Complaints are never addressed. "You can always find another – more... job." No one is a team player as management has turned it into a miserable place to work for. When you walk the halls, you never see any of the workers happy anymore. You see more tears than anything. Most of the workers that have worked there for years are incredibly burned out. – less
Horrible
Kitchen (Former Employee), Mason ohAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: low pay
Worst job I've ever had low pay not worth it for all the work they expect you to do. Staff is horrible very lazy no teamwork at all and non stop gossip. Do NOT WORK HERE you will regret it!!!
Would not work there again
employee (Former Employee), Monroe, OHJune 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch, good pay
Cons: apparently breaks are for smokers only, it's ok for one, but not for the next!
As long as you like to kiss a little **, you'll do fine there, but if you think that everyone should be treated equally and that all the residents should be treated equally, this is NOT the place for you, because they don't. Management is one sided and quick to jump the gun before doing a thorough invesitgation of alligations. I would never work there – more... again. – less
Terrible place to work
STNA (Former Employee), CincinnatiMay 11, 2013
Pros: some of the residents are sweet
Cons: no meals, old building falling apart, too many managers, low pay, buy your own scrubs, no breaks, short staffed, high resident to staff ratio, staff always threatened with termination, promise a lot and deliver nothing
The staff is overworked and underpaid. Very high turnover rate. The residents accuse the aides of all kinds of things. Management threatens the staff with termination over everything. Weeks pass before anything is done about a resident with a UTI or injury and the aides suffer under the added strain. Lots of wanderers but not in the lockdown unit.
fast faced and rewarding
Program Supervisor (Former Employee), Monroe, OHMarch 18, 2013
Pros: always stayed busy
Cons: breaks were not given regularly
was a rewarding company to work for. The residents always made my day brighter.
worst place ever
stna (Former Employee), monroe ohMarch 7, 2013
Pros: residents
Cons: everything
Horrible pay and they treat their residents horrible!! Always short staffed.
Good pay, horrible coworkers and managment
.. (Former Employee), ToledoFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: free lunch, good pay
Cons: horrible work conditions
I wouldn't recommend this place to any stna, horrible staff, not enough training and they don't care about their employees. The stnas are neglectful and do things against state regulations!!!
Loved working there.
STNA (Former Employee), Westminster Thurber Community Columbus OhioFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches, amazing employees, and residents.
Cons: short breaks, not the best pay.
Amazing people, employes sincerely care, and work hard to improve their jobs.
Horrible working environment, constant turnover of staff
Nurse (Former Employee), WilloughbyJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: frequent educational in services, medical director, most fellow employees
Cons: constant turnover due to horrible working environment, lots of overtime expected, poor leadership
Terrible working environment. Expected to work full time while also working on call after-hours 15-20 days/mo. Constant turnover, inexperienced and harsh leadership. Poor team environment as you cannot speak freely and present your views without repercussions from mgmt. Team leader was not even a nurse. Had no idea how to lead a team of NURSES. Not – more... a compassionate, faith based company as they state. Downright unethical in some situations. Loved the type of nursing I was doing, but working environment, hours, and leadership was really awful. Constant revolving door of employees. No one stays long. Also, sub-par compensation. They did provide many opportunities for learning via frequent in services. I did like the Medical Director and most of my fellow employees. – less
Everyone is unhappy and overworked and underpaid
Nurse (Former Employee), CincinnatiNovember 21, 2012
Pros: give you scrubs
Cons: people are not professional
At first everyone was nice. Then people got to stressed. The boss is mean and has never done this work. They are like everybody else they only want to make money.

It was hard to leave because I had some friends and I was there four years. But now I am gone I am happy.

I wish I left a long time ago.
Good place to work with dedicated employees who care about people
Bottle washer (Former Employee), cincinnatiNovember 12, 2012
Pros: excellent work/life balance
Cons: pay is significantly less than for-profit companies; antiquated systems and policies
No two days are alike and each day holds a new challenge. There are a lot of politics among OPRS owned sites, which is frustrating. Best part of the job is knowing that they help the elderly who need health services and working for a faith based organization. Most people who work here have a big heart and would help anyone.
pay, respect, overall management, and the prisoners {residents}
stna (Current Employee), monroeNovember 2, 2012
Pros: health care benefits are on the plus side, the residents are awsome!
Cons: lunch breaks, treated like 3y/o, communication, favoritism, lunch comes from alpo dog food can
For starters the pay is awful. Second of all the communication lacks everything there is no order. And the residents that pay $9,000.00 a month for a private room should get more than they do thats for sure! Its very sadening to me, I still think its a nice place but come on MP you need to put some pep in your step and get a game face on with more respect – more... for ur clients {residents} and ur staff as well! Better communication would be greatly appriciated by residents and staff members also! – less
Not about mission-- not about faith-based that's for sure
clinical leader (Current Employee), ClevelandOctober 21, 2012
Pros: outstanding company vision
Cons: character of senior leaders is poor-- not faith filled people
Things changed with new President. Former President was visionary leader. This lady is not collaborative doesn't value staff, thinks she knows it all.
friendly staff and helpful managers
charge nurse (Former Employee), sidney ohioOctober 5, 2012
Pros: good work enviroment all staff extremely friendly
Cons: healthcare some long hours
Great stnas and nurses. All staff is friendly helpful and knowledgeable.
Nurse managers not good
SW (Current Employee), CincinnatiSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: treated special if you are liked
Cons: its just a job
The managers spend all day in the office and never see patients or go out with nurses unless they have too. They like staying in the office and laughing all day. No one really believes there mission.

Ohio Presbyterian Retirement Services Photos