Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center

Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Employer Reviews

Exciting place to work
Coordinator/ Staff Training & Development (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: support of education
Cons: size of the university system can be intimidating
It has been a pleasure working on the special project team, preparing staff members to work in the new James Hospital. The atmosphere is high energy, and the staff are very dedicated to the mission to cure cancer.The building is beautiful. We will be able to do great things here.
Team Nursing
Registered Nurse ICU (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 6, 2014
Pros: insurance/benefits/team nursing with people who really care
Cons: fees/parking/large organization politics
1-2: 1 ratio

intensive care setting

team approach in Neurological Critical Care

co-workers are very intelligent, decisive, enjoyable to work with
Great work place and great people to work with.
Disability Career Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 24, 2014
Pros: working with students and a great work environment
Cons: long hours due to staff shortage. could not be helped though.
Very interesting work and a great team to work with. There was no typical day, as it changed every day. Loved the variety.
Sterile Supply Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 19, 2014
It is a great place to work. The only down sides is the total cost of benefits, and having to pay for parking.
rewarding job
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 4, 2014
I have an opportunity to apply what I have learned everyday and enjoy learning new things. I have an great group that is always willing to take on new challenges.
I had a good student experience
Intern for radiology (Current Employee), Doan HallSeptember 27, 2013
It was a flexible workplace for a student. I worked second shift and it was fun.
Great teaching hospital with advanced technology;great RN support/education/advancement opportunities
Staff/charge RN (Former Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: very educational with advanced technologies
Cons: frequent deaths
This was a very busy, high acuity fresh open heart recovery unit with advanced technology, such as: ECMO,LVADs,IABPs,CRRT. I took care of pts in critical condition straight out of OR; weaning vasoactive gtts and monitoring patients for hemodynamic stability. I was often charge nurse for the day that was very challenging d/t the assignments were changed every 4 hours for acuity of patients and the nurses. I learned some very valuable communicating skills and to work with all different personalities and situations. The hardest part of this job was that many patients were so critical that they did not survive and was often very sad. The most enjoyable was working with a great team of nurses/pca's/managers that functioned as a team. Also was very satisfying when pts did well and recovered after being extremely critical.
Alot of potiential to be a great place to work
Clinical Generalist (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: outstanding benefits
Cons: management
OSUWMC is a great place and if I was sick I would want to go there. However, to work there if you find yourself on the wrong side of the click not a great place to work. The review system is flawed. Most employees stay only because of compensation. However, alot are not truly happy
Challenging but rewarding
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 7, 2012
Working as a postdoctoral research fellow at the newly named OSU Wexner Medical Center is challenging but rewarding. OSU research scientists have access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities and can enjoy extensive collaborations across interdisciplinary departments. This is a heavily research-oriented position and does not require much teaching, so students and postdocs interested in pursuing teaching experience must seek it out independently while maintaining their main focus on research, obtaining funding and publishing.