Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

There were nice coworkers.
Unit Clerk Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2015
A typical night at work consisted of putting patient information in the computer and answering the phones. The most enjoyable part of the job was going into work and having a great bunch of people to work with.
Pros
Only working 4 shifts.
Cons
Healthcare.
Amazing Benefits
Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 20, 2015
I curerntly work for OSU Medical Center and they have provided me with an excellent position. Their benefits are amazing and I am pleased to be working for them.
Benefits
Great
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 30, 2015
As a volunteer at the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, I was given opportunities that really were priceless and helped me choose a career goal.
wonderful benefits
SAFETY CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, ohJanuary 19, 2015
I was able to get health insurance for the first time in my adult life. They also offered a nice retirement fund, and education benefits within the university. The position duties included charting on patients, and performing general nursing assisting duties for patients that required high levels of personal care.
Exciting place to work
Coordinator/ Staff Training & Development (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 9, 2015
It has been a pleasure working on the special project team, preparing staff members to work in the new James Hospital. The atmosphere is high energy, and the staff are very dedicated to the mission to cure cancer.The building is beautiful. We will be able to do great things here.
Pros
support of education
Cons
size of the university system can be intimidating
Team Nursing
Registered Nurse ICU (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 6, 2014
1-2: 1 ratio

intensive care setting

team approach in Neurological Critical Care

co-workers are very intelligent, decisive, enjoyable to work with
Pros
insurance/benefits/team nursing with people who really care
Cons
fees/parking/large organization politics
Great work place and great people to work with.
Disability Career Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 24, 2014
Very interesting work and a great team to work with. There was no typical day, as it changed every day. Loved the variety.
Pros
working with students and a great work environment
Cons
long hours due to staff shortage. could not be helped though.
Sterile Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 19, 2014
It is a great place to work. The only down sides is the total cost of benefits, and having to pay for parking.
rewarding job
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 4, 2014
I have an opportunity to apply what I have learned everyday and enjoy learning new things. I have an great group that is always willing to take on new challenges.
I had a good student experience
Intern for radiology (Current Employee) –  Doan HallSeptember 27, 2013
It was a flexible workplace for a student. I worked second shift and it was fun.
Great teaching hospital with advanced technology;great RN support/education/advancement opportunities
Staff/charge RN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 11, 2013
This was a very busy, high acuity fresh open heart recovery unit with advanced technology, such as: ECMO,LVADs,IABPs,CRRT. I took care of pts in critical condition straight out of OR; weaning vasoactive gtts and monitoring patients for hemodynamic stability. I was often charge nurse for the day that was very challenging d/t the assignments were changed every 4 hours for acuity of patients and the nurses. I learned some very valuable communicating skills and to work with all different personalities and situations. The hardest part of this job was that many patients were so critical that they did not survive and was often very sad. The most enjoyable was working with a great team of nurses/pca's/managers that functioned as a team. Also was very satisfying when pts did well and recovered after being extremely critical.
Pros
very educational with advanced technologies
Cons
frequent deaths
Alot of potiential to be a great place to work
Clinical Generalist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioJanuary 31, 2013
OSUWMC is a great place and if I was sick I would want to go there. However, to work there if you find yourself on the wrong side of the click not a great place to work. The review system is flawed. Most employees stay only because of compensation. However, alot are not truly happy
Pros
outstanding benefits
Cons
management
Challenging but rewarding
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 7, 2012
Working as a postdoctoral research fellow at the newly named OSU Wexner Medical Center is challenging but rewarding. OSU research scientists have access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities and can enjoy extensive collaborations across interdisciplinary departments. This is a heavily research-oriented position and does not require much teaching, so students and postdocs interested in pursuing teaching experience must seek it out independently while maintaining their main focus on research, obtaining funding and publishing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Reviews by Location