Ohio State Waterproofing Employee Reviews

Experiencing Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHDecember 22, 2014
Pros: lunch break had many restaurants in the area
I worked here for a month. I was searching for jobs over winter break while I was home from school and I ran into an old friend from high school. I worked at Ohio State waterproofing for a month before having to go back to Ohio University.
The job involved creating a relationship with customers from scratch. People would fill out a card at a booth in a mall or fair, and were contacted with a free service to quote a potential insulation or waterproofing job for a house or basement.
Through working here, I learned how to analyze how insulation and waterproofing works, and I was able to use my chemical engineering and chemistry knowledge to persuade people that getting a free inspection is in their best interest. It was my first application of chemistry to a job, and I did well obtaining customers through cold-calling (telemarketing) by providing facts and persuasive scenarios in which temperature/seasonal change, rain, draught and geographical alterations due to gravity on a house could cause cracks, leaks and floods when one least expects it.
Listening to co-workers and building off of their ideas to better the entire work force's potential was a skill that I tried to obtain and better while I worked at Ohio State Waterproofing. It was incredible how taking a pitch, adding knowledge and reciting it next to co-workers trying to accomplish the same goal can influence them to follow and help build better communication methods from the company to the customers.
bad managment
foremen (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHDecember 17, 2014
company out to just make money dose not care how job goes in, had a vary bad experiences working there they did not care about employees high turn over rate on employees
Not what they seem to be.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: paid well
Cons: on call from 0830 - 2000 with no schedule. plus saturday 0830-1600.
Do your legal homework on this company. Lots of lawsuits and alot of non-documented claims.
perfect hours
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHJuly 22, 2014
i really loved this this job. the hours were perfect for me and my family.
labor intensive diverse workplace
Installation Technician (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHMay 24, 2014
Pros: builds alot of character
Cons: long work days. you never knew when you would arrive back at the shop, low wage, feel unappreciated by management
i would go to Ohio state at 6:00a.m and load materiel onto the truck for the job we would be either starting that day or finishing up. we would than drive to the house we were installing a system in and finish up the job or start a whole new one. i worked with many different people at ohio state and always got along with everyone. the hardest part of the job was digging to the footer of a home and having to fill a crack in the wall and having to fill the same hole the same day.
Productive, fun work environment, team work, personable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHMarch 24, 2014
Pros: fun environment, constant motivation, rewards
Cons: not enough hours
It was a part time job. Monday- Friday 8:30a.m.- 12:30p.m. My coworkers and I would log onto whichever campaign or part of north-east Ohio we were calling. We had a script to follow when talking to a home owner. We'd ask questions of their home foundation and if any problems are admitted by home owner we'd offer and schedule a free foundation inspection. Ultimately resulting in a sale. I learned phone etiquette, time management, and how to keep control during a conversation on the phone. The hardest part of the job was convincing home owners that we were not trying to sell anything, only offering a free inspection. The most enjoyable part of the job was the up beat environment.
Productive, underpaid
Installation Technician (Current Employee), Macedonia, OHNovember 6, 2013
Pros: $5 per day driving bonus
Cons: short unpaid lunches, extremely low pay for amount of work
Very productive but a great lack of pay for the work we do.
Fast paced, extremely physical labor.
Duties include: Driving work truck, speak with home owner, hauling concrete, gravel and debris, tar and plastic outside walls, dig trenches anywhere from 8" to 8', break basement floor with jack hammer, install pipes, install sump pumps, and mix & float concrete.
Crew Chief (Current Employee), Macedonia, OHSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: different work environments
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
This is a cool place to work but not a long term career. Not alot of opportunity for advancement. it takes seniority at the company.however, you work in a different city every week and that is interesting.
Good work place, Good people
Technician (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHApril 11, 2013
Pros: benefits are recieved after ninety-three days of working there.
Cons: the cold weather you had to bear with
A Typical work day consisted of digging and hauling buckets of concrete cement, and gravel. On finish day, it consisted of Floating the concrete and cleaning the material and trash out of the home we had waterproofed. At the end of the day Each crew would take an inventory check and what will be needed for the next day.

I have obtained the skills of being a hard worker who has morals, and i have learned many processess as how to do the job and correctly.

Management was decent, I learned how to manage my time better among the other workers in the company.

The co-workers were alright, they provided much help when needed be, and made sure the job was finished on time. Each co-worker was apart of thier own crew such as I.

The hardest part of the day would be when it was basement haulout day. Two people were required to haul 80 five Gallon buckets filled with dirt or gravel up and down steps as many times as three times a day, while three other co-workers filled them.

The best part of the day was either when it was lunch or finish day. Lunch was good because it was an hour of down time to eat lunch, sleep, or joke around with the friends you made on the crews. Finish day was better, due to the fact that if you finished early you either went to help out another crew finish or clock in early.
productive fun work place
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHMarch 16, 2013
Pros: free environment
Cons: no advancement
A typical work day at Ohio state waterproofing was very relaxed, and not too busy. At Ohio state waterproofing we made outbound calls to provide a free no cost obligation basement inspection for homeowners while on a weekly quota.