Ohio State Waterproofing Employee Reviews

Great opportunity, can make a career
Forman (Current Employee) –  Macedonia, OHJune 27, 2017
I came in with experience, I was a technician for less than 4 months before I was promoted to crew chief. 2 months later I was promoted to foreman. Management has your back in any situation. Lots of room for advancement for a person who has some dedication and works hard. I love what i do most days. Sometimes it is stressful but what job isn't. I would recommend this job for anyone who is physically and mentally strong and has something to work for.
Pros
Free workout, career
Cons
Sometimes there are late hours
It was hard but if you did your job it paid off
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHMay 24, 2017
It was hard at first but it got easier after a little time it's a little pressuring but the better you got the better the day was the staff were very welcoming and made you feel as if you had been there for a long time
crew member
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHMay 14, 2017
driving to job sites sometimes at least an hour from our plant. carrying large buckets or concrete and gravel and dirt. digging and breaking ground in basement to waterproof them.
very physical and demanding work
Waterproofing Technician (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHApril 12, 2017
The pay did not equal the work.This was a very physical and demanding job. The hours were long. It was dirty. We had to work in all types of weather, rain, snow, heat etc.
It's a good entry level job
Crew Chief/foreman (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHMarch 2, 2017
It's a good job I think benefits, mon-Friday 630 am to 3 30 pm sometimes walker in 3 months I was a crew chief in 6 month I was the truck driver and within a year I was a foreman get a week off during xmas Latinos run that place tho
Pros
Hour lunch breaks, off at a decent time
Cons
A lot of drug addicts work there
Good starting job.
Rebuild contractor (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHDecember 30, 2016
I learned most of my starting construction things with this company. Give you tips and pointers on what you need to do. Worked with a great crew that really helped me get started in life.
Good job
Production Worker ez breath tec (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 5, 2016
It's a workout and a job what more do you want in life great job all-around good job if you need anything all you have to do is ask everyone looks out for everyone it's a family not a company
Pros
Every Friday we had free food
Cons
Wages
Over worked and under payed.
Foreman/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Macedonia, OHJune 22, 2016
The job its self has a rewarding sense of accomplishment. The amount of work we do in such little time is absolutely amazing. However, every job is pressured to be finished with incredulously low labor hours per footage. This puts stress on the foreman which, in turn, gets taken out on the laborers. If the pay rate matched the intensity of the job, I believe the work place would be more positive and over all constructive. I believe it to currently be tense and stressful across the board. This is the hardest part about the job and I will say, even with these circumstances, some people do come in with a positive attitude and make the day better for us all.
Pros
physical work out.
Cons
short breaks. impossible deadlines. low salary.
Telemarketing masqueraded as customer service
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Macedonia, OHFebruary 15, 2016
The job is fun. They have a good bonus program.The opportunity to make good money is very possible but there is no job stability. You have a goal bi- weekly if its not met they terminate you. So every 2 wks you have to worry about it. If the computers are down and you can't make calls or you're not on the phone because of meetings or training that is not taken into consideration in regards to your goal. They tell you when you start its part time every other sat required. However its every Sat and you're pressured to stay over daily due to room goal.So you end up working 30+hrs a week at a part time job with no benefits or vacation time. They say if you are good in telemarketing and punctual they will have job oppurtunities in other dept. They don't ever recommend you however if you're goaling.
Pros
Fun place to work, Nice people, daytime hours, good pay
Cons
No job stability, no advancement opportunity
Hard Labor
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Macedonia, OHNovember 27, 2015
Its fast pace work environment with supportive management. Benefits such as bonuses and raises are available after a few test. job security is great and pay is biweekly.
Pros
travel paid overtime
Cons
short lunch breaks
very hardworking place
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHAugust 4, 2015
Digging trenches/holes 18 inches – 6 feet deep
o Removed broken concrete from basement weighing over 60 lbs
o Concrete mixing
Experiencing Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHDecember 22, 2014
I worked here for a month. I was searching for jobs over winter break while I was home from school and I ran into an old friend from high school. I worked at Ohio State waterproofing for a month before having to go back to Ohio University.
The job involved creating a relationship with customers from scratch. People would fill out a card at a booth in a mall or fair, and were contacted with a free service to quote a potential insulation or waterproofing job for a house or basement.
Through working here, I learned how to analyze how insulation and waterproofing works, and I was able to use my chemical engineering and chemistry knowledge to persuade people that getting a free inspection is in their best interest. It was my first application of chemistry to a job, and I did well obtaining customers through cold-calling (telemarketing) by providing facts and persuasive scenarios in which temperature/seasonal change, rain, draught and geographical alterations due to gravity on a house could cause cracks, leaks and floods when one least expects it.
Listening to co-workers and building off of their ideas to better the entire work force's potential was a skill that I tried to obtain and better while I worked at Ohio State Waterproofing. It was incredible how taking a pitch, adding knowledge and reciting it next to co-workers trying to accomplish the same goal can influence them to follow and help build better communication methods from the company to the customers.
Pros
Lunch break had many restaurants in the area
bad managment
foremen (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHDecember 17, 2014
company out to just make money dose not care how job goes in, had a vary bad experiences working there they did not care about employees high turn over rate on employees
Not what they seem to be.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHSeptember 21, 2014
Do your legal homework on this company. Lots of lawsuits and alot of non-documented claims.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
On call from 0830 - 2000 with no schedule. Plus Saturday 0830-1600.
perfect hours
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHJuly 22, 2014
i really loved this this job. the hours were perfect for me and my family.
labor intensive diverse workplace
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHMay 24, 2014
i would go to Ohio state at 6:00a.m and load materiel onto the truck for the job we would be either starting that day or finishing up. we would than drive to the house we were installing a system in and finish up the job or start a whole new one. i worked with many different people at ohio state and always got along with everyone. the hardest part of the job was digging to the footer of a home and having to fill a crack in the wall and having to fill the same hole the same day.
Pros
builds alot of character
Cons
long work days. you never knew when you would arrive back at the shop, low wage, feel unappreciated by management
Productive, fun work environment, team work, personable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHMarch 24, 2014
It was a part time job. Monday- Friday 8:30a.m.- 12:30p.m. My coworkers and I would log onto whichever campaign or part of north-east Ohio we were calling. We had a script to follow when talking to a home owner. We'd ask questions of their home foundation and if any problems are admitted by home owner we'd offer and schedule a free foundation inspection. Ultimately resulting in a sale. I learned phone etiquette, time management, and how to keep control during a conversation on the phone. The hardest part of the job was convincing home owners that we were not trying to sell anything, only offering a free inspection. The most enjoyable part of the job was the up beat environment.
Pros
Fun environment, constant motivation, rewards
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive, underpaid
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Macedonia, OHNovember 6, 2013
Very productive but a great lack of pay for the work we do.
Fast paced, extremely physical labor.
Duties include: Driving work truck, speak with home owner, hauling concrete, gravel and debris, tar and plastic outside walls, dig trenches anywhere from 8" to 8', break basement floor with jack hammer, install pipes, install sump pumps, and mix & float concrete.
Pros
$5 per day driving bonus
Cons
short unpaid lunches, extremely low pay for amount of work
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Macedonia, OHSeptember 26, 2013
This is a cool place to work but not a long term career. Not alot of opportunity for advancement. it takes seniority at the company.however, you work in a different city every week and that is interesting.
Pros
different work environments
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
Good work place, Good people
Technician (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHApril 11, 2013
A Typical work day consisted of digging and hauling buckets of concrete cement, and gravel. On finish day, it consisted of Floating the concrete and cleaning the material and trash out of the home we had waterproofed. At the end of the day Each crew would take an inventory check and what will be needed for the next day.

I have obtained the skills of being a hard worker who has morals, and i have learned many processess as how to do the job and correctly.

Management was decent, I learned how to manage my time better among the other workers in the company.

The co-workers were alright, they provided much help when needed be, and made sure the job was finished on time. Each co-worker was apart of thier own crew such as I.

The hardest part of the day would be when it was basement haulout day. Two people were required to haul 80 five Gallon buckets filled with dirt or gravel up and down steps as many times as three times a day, while three other co-workers filled them.

The best part of the day was either when it was lunch or finish day. Lunch was good because it was an hour of down time to eat lunch, sleep, or joke around with the friends you made on the crews. Finish day was better, due to the fact that if you finished early you either went to help out another crew finish or clock in early.
Pros
benefits are recieved after ninety-three days of working there.
Cons
the cold weather you had to bear with